NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 30

B/L
    B/L

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 30 - Page 36 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 30

Post by B/L Wed May 04, 2016 4:12 pm

Id stay clear of Fensom unless you are happy with 40-50 from him for the rest of the season.

The backrow of Papali,Whitehead & throw in Soliola if one of those 2 are 80 minutes players

With 3 bench forwards and a hooker, fensom is always going to be the one subbed off at 50-60 minutes for a player like Bateman/Tapine and wont come back on.

Only way he will get 80 is if there is 1 or 2 injuries during the game.

I think Whitehead has the higher scoring potential.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 30 - Page 36 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 30

Post by wolfking Wed May 04, 2016 4:16 pm

I've never emailed fanhub before but I sent them an email today just wondering why Lowe didn't get the LBA or TA for Morgan's try in the 32nd minute. I didn't ask them if they could fix it or anything like that as I knew it was past lockout but I was just curious if there was a reason or if it was simply missed or whatever, and this is the response I got;

Our stats are finalised prior to lockout being lifted on a Tuesday. Please note we use the official stats of the NRL and they go to great lengths to audit and make sure the stats are correct through multiple replays of the games. Not all stats providers do this and are reliant on the live game only which can lead to differences when compared to our official stats.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Kind Regards,

FanHub Support

hahaha, super thanks for that fanhub, mystery solved, not. It's like, copy and paste generic answer here lol.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed May 04, 2016 4:24 pm

If they look at multiple replays then how can they miss it. Sounds like bs to me.
    DarkKnight
    DarkKnight

Post by DarkKnight Wed May 04, 2016 4:28 pm

Message the stats provider.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed May 04, 2016 4:31 pm

wolfking wrote:I've never emailed fanhub before but I sent them an email today just wondering why Lowe didn't get the LBA or TA for Morgan's try in the 32nd minute.  I didn't ask them if they could fix it or anything like that as I knew it was past lockout but I was just curious if there was a reason or if it was simply missed or whatever, and this is the response I got;

Our stats are finalised prior to lockout being lifted on a Tuesday. Please note we use the official stats of the NRL and they go to great lengths to audit and make sure the stats are correct through multiple replays of the games. Not all stats providers do this and are reliant on the live game only which can lead to differences when compared to our official stats.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Kind Regards,

FanHub Support

hahaha, super thanks for that fanhub, mystery solved, not.  It's like, copy and paste generic answer here lol.

That kind of rubbish response pisses me off, not just specifically here but it happens all over the show. If I were you, I'd respond highlighting the fact that you (1) did not and are not asking for a change, and (2) reiterating what in fact you were asking, I.e.  why Lowe didn't get the LBA or TA for Morgan's try. They did ask you to please let them know if you have any other questions....

That being said, presumably, based on their response, you actually need to get in touch with the NRL stats guys to get the answer you are looking for.

Last edited by Rippin and Tearin on Wed May 04, 2016 4:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed May 04, 2016 4:35 pm

B/L wrote:Id stay clear of Fensom unless you are happy with 40-50 from him for the rest of the season.

The backrow of Papali,Whitehead & throw in Soliola if one of those 2 are 80 minutes players

With 3 bench forwards and a hooker, fensom is always going to be the one subbed off at 50-60 minutes for a player like Bateman/Tapine and wont come back on.

OK thanks, yeah I looked at Whitehead and wanted him, but can't afford him.... Ok I'll do some more research.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed May 04, 2016 4:39 pm

B/L wrote:Id stay clear of Fensom unless you are happy with 40-50 from him for the rest of the season.

Agree B/L. Have steered clear after going through the pain of having him last year be at 60 points at 60 minutes and then get subbed. This year he is not even getting that points wise. At his price though and with his bye schedule I am starting to have a squizzy with the full expectation of a 50 average at best and then trade him out after Origin if things remain the same minutes wise. I've had Whitehead all year.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed May 04, 2016 4:49 pm

OK, so if not Fensom, is there anyone around that is undervalued and might be considered a keeper at the low 400k range?? Preferably they need to have a good bye schedule as well....

Rephrase the question: Is there anyone better than Fensom at his price or below?

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed May 04, 2016 5:01 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

That kind of rubbish response pisses me off, not just specifically here but it happens all over the show. If I were you, I'd respond highlighting the fact that you (1) did not and are not asking for a change, and (2) reiterating what in fact you were asking, I.e.  why Lowe didn't get the LBA or TA for Morgan's try. They did ask you to please let them know if you have any other questions....

That being said, presumably, based on their response, you actually need to get in touch with the NRL stats guys to get the answer you are looking for.

Indeed. Its Prozone who you want to hassle about missing LBAs, TBs etc.

Fanhub juts get what they are given in this regard and can't really change it.

Although when they say some stats providers rely on live game only, who are they talking about?

Foxsports stats and NRLStats both review stats hours/days after the game has finished. Somehow I get the feeling they are doing this based on video review, and they aren't just sitting there thinking really hard and try to remember what happened.

Are there any other stats providers around that might do live game only?

Just seems to be a random and unfounded slight on their competitors to me. Can't blame them for being a bit snarky though, they probably get tonnes of stats whinges every week and I'd get sick of answering them too
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed May 04, 2016 5:30 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:OK, so if not Fensom, is there anyone around that is undervalued and might be considered a keeper at the low 400k range?? Preferably they need to have a good bye schedule as well....

Rephrase the question: Is there anyone better than Fensom at his price or below?

Do they have to be in any particular position to work for you mate? I'm guessing 2nd row, but perhaps you've got some dpp shuffling you can do.

Edit: Otherwise I'm thinking someone like Aitken COULD (its a gamble i know) net you similar points across the bye period and be a keeper for 100k less.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed May 04, 2016 5:58 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:OK, so if not Fensom, is there anyone around that is undervalued and might be considered a keeper at the low 400k range?? Preferably they need to have a good bye schedule as well....

Just clarifying like Archer if it has to be 2RF possy?

It will be slow on here for the next week with Fantasy coaches taking some deserved R&R after the horocious start to the season. I know some posters had some questions not answered/help given over the last couple of weeks as everyone on here was scratching their heads with their own teams.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed May 04, 2016 5:59 pm

On the Raiders, the last injury update the club made this week, has Lima out till Rd 12 and Soli out till Rd 13.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed May 04, 2016 6:04 pm

@Rippin and Tearin
    Once again, assuming it doesn't have to be 2RF, Peats could be an option (although slightly more expensive than Fenno so I'm unsure what coin you have).
    Edit: Unless he's injured again, he's not is he? I had a long weekend in Berlin so missed pretty much all the games bar our game.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed May 04, 2016 7:14 pm

Cheers for the posts guys.

Yeah a 2nd rower, or a FRF. I'm trying to get rid of my last season long red dot before the bye rounds to maximise player numbers so the guy I'm looking at dropping is Benry (currently in my 2R).

Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Wed May 04, 2016 7:16 pm

Tolman if you can DPP
    ET if he plays tigers would be a good pickup, but want to wait a week for his price and high b/e to drop (and to make sure he scores those 50s!)
    Cooper was also on my radar until his 35 last week. Will go back to watching for now.
    Frizell might be a good option, but could be a smokey for origin.

Those four all play 2/3 byes, though Cooper and Frizell potentially more useful since he plays the first two

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2016 7:54 pm

Johnny B Goode wrote:I don't think Aitken's a keeper but could be a decent POD for a while and I love my DPP's. I'll crunch some numbers and work out future trades to see if it's worth it but seems like an interesting way to go.  

As I said a couple of days ago, Aitken was the top legit centre last year and 3rd or 4th overall in the centre position amongst Soliola, JBird and Dugan, none of which played centre. He's absolutely a keeper and I doubt that he will remain a POD for very long with his price bottoming out next start. I was planning to get Teddy this week or next, but now it will be Aitken since I already have Munster.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed May 04, 2016 8:50 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:
    Tolman if you can DPP
    ET if he plays tigers would be a good pickup, but want to wait a week for his price and high b/e to drop (and to make sure he scores those 50s!)
    Cooper was also on my radar until his 35 last week. Will go back to watching for now.
    Frizell might be a good option, but could be a smokey for origin.

Those four all play 2/3 byes, though Cooper and Frizell potentially more useful since he plays the first two
    Roosters forwards are gold if you're set up ok for Round 12. They play all the useful rounds after that, and no Cordner or Guerra with Origin. Keeping enough money to turn Bhana into SST (if back from injury) straight after Round 12, although will also look at JWH when price dropped and minutes up. Think either of those a better option than Friz, where what you gain in 12 and 15 you lose in 13 and 18
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 04, 2016 9:06 pm

What is an acceptable number to have playing in those big bye rounds?? 10 in each round??
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed May 04, 2016 9:15 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:What is an acceptable number to have playing in those big bye rounds?? 10 in each round??
    As others have said, its really more about the type of player than the number. You could have 3 players more than someone else but all of those are 130k players brought in for small minutes that one week and will score less than having JDB for example.

The flipside of that though is that if JDB picks up an injury or is ruled out you take a bigger hit to your score (or are forced to trade) than if you had gone the more players who score less individually route. If that makes sense.

The better question perhaps is what is an acceptable score to be aiming for the bye rounds, as how you choose to aim for that score is up to the individual coach. Stab in the dark, but I vaguely recall last year there were plenty of 200-400 scores in the big weeks so personally ill be hoping I can get 500-700 and move up some places (however I haven't actually looked at what players would be needed for those scores or if its doable).
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 04, 2016 9:21 pm

I think ill be looking at trying to hit 500 in those rounds.

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:50 pm