NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 23 - End the season now, Tigers are in the 8

The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 23 - End the season now, Tigers are in the 8 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 23 - End the season now, Tigers are in the 8

Post by The Bludger#2 Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:44 am

my tv broke wrote:General observation (and havent tried to look at this in any detail at all), but hooker scoring seems way down across the board this year.

Is it a change in the way teams are playing (saw mention of teams playing "wider" this season) or just a random coincidence? Teams have finally adapted to the way the rule changes affected the game over the last few years ?

That said the guy who scores between 46 and 48 every week (sharks brailey) is seeing a slight uptick at 48.5 lol

I think you're on to something MTB.
    Gone are the days of uber-gun 80 min Hookers.
    (RIP CS9, Farrah and co.)
    I think most teams are running a bench 14 who fills in 20 mins at Hooker just to reduce fatigue in the middle.

Halves are the new Hookers.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 23 - End the season now, Tigers are in the 8 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 23 - End the season now, Tigers are in the 8

Post by my tv broke Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:46 am

The Bludger#2 wrote:

I think you're on to something MTB.
    Gone are the days of uber-gun 80 min Hookers.
    (RIP CS9, Farrah and co.)
    I think most teams are running a bench 14 who fills in 20 mins at Hooker just to reduce fatigue in the middle.

Halves are the new Hookers.

Are halves making more tackles per game than previous years? Would be curious to look at that tomorrow maybe. Probably negligible
    Tigs
    Tigs

Post by Tigs Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:47 am

Wests Tigers teenage sensation Lachlan Galvin is facing at least a two-match ban for his hip drop on Parramatta's Kelma Tuilagi in Monday afternoon's blockbuster at Commbank Stadium.

The match review committee reviewed the incident on Monday night and slapped the 18-year-old with grade three dangerous contact, the same charge handed to Dolphins’ utility Max Plath over a hip drop on Sunday afternoon
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:52 am

Tigs wrote:Wests Tigers teenage sensation Lachlan Galvin is facing at least a two-match ban for his hip drop on Parramatta's Kelma Tuilagi in Monday afternoon's blockbuster at Commbank Stadium.

The match review committee reviewed the incident on Monday night and slapped the 18-year-old with grade three dangerous contact, the same charge handed to Dolphins’ utility Max Plath over a hip drop on Sunday afternoon
    Halves depth about to be tested for many teams with Galvin, Cleary, Hynes out next week.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:53 am

Tigs wrote:Wests Tigers teenage sensation Lachlan Galvin is facing at least a two-match ban for his hip drop on Parramatta's Kelma Tuilagi in Monday afternoon's blockbuster at Commbank Stadium.

I guess they'll take the 2, unless they think about contesting the grading, but I dunno if that'd be a good idea.

Back in time for the 3 trade week, but I'll probably have to hold and punt someone I won't be bringing back.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:54 am

mattnz wrote:
    Halves depth about to be tested for many teams with Galvin, Cleary, Hynes out next week.
    Hutch and Fog, as it was in the beginning.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:55 am

Seems we all fucked around and found out come end of round 4.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:59 am

Boozecluez wrote:

Well maybe the answer is with your wag
    Treat your main team including trades like its a rental and not only will you stress less you will probably have more fun
    People tend to overanalyse everything and have a secondary pick they deem too risky and dont bring in and live in regret.
    Then they say "should have traded them instead" or "was going to bring them in but"  etc

Why is it people make the big trades with their wag teams but not on their main?
    There is nothing to prove, the prizes are crap so might as well have fun with your trades ans stop overthinking everything.
    Maybe the wag part of the brain is right

Looks like we might have to agree to disagree. I don’t trade any differently from either team, least of all its because i’m more relaxed about one account- usually its the same pressing INs which come up for either team anyway (Bodyslam, Galvin etc). Getting the starting team right is the most important thing, and thats not to say that trading isn't important. Its great that you make successful picks, but I wholly reject this philosophy that its because you are having more fun than other coaches just making “fun little picks” Laugh 3
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:59 am

I took my three boys to the game today, my youngest supports Parra! After the missed kick we were all ecstatic. I looked down at my youngest son, he was devastated. It took a little gloss off the win, fortunately only a little! Being a Tigers fan is not good for your health! With 40 seconds to go (after we went ahead by one) my eldest son (fellow Tiger) was getting a bit cocky, I said don’t get too excited, we ate The Tigers and can always find a way to lose! Then we gave away the penalty from the ensuing kick off! It’s an Only The Tigers thing!

Last edited by The Pascoe Fiasco on Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:01 am

Hopgood 69
    Guth 66
    DBrown 61
    Lane 53
    Sivo 36
    Talagi 34
    Penis 24
    Lussick 23

Galvin 44
    IPap 42
    Koro 41
    Seyfarth 38
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:02 am

WT Winfield wrote:Hopgood 69
    Guth 66
    DBrown 61
    Lane 53
    Sivo 36
    Talagi 34
    Penis 24
    Lussick 23

Galvin 44
    IPap 42
    Koro 41
    Seyfarth 38

Wow, no Harper !
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:05 am

Revraiser wrote:

Wow, no Harper !

I hit my Eels limit. Should be no Harper next week, but no wow. Get Simmo in there.

Russell 16 though, missed him.
    whall15
    whall15

Post by whall15 Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:05 am

WT Winfield wrote:Hopgood 69
    Guth 66
    DBrown 61
    Lane 53
    Sivo 36
    Talagi 34
    Penis 24
    Lussick 23

Galvin 44
    IPap 42
    Koro 41
    Seyfarth 38

Bumps me up from 682 to 695, seems more respectable, only a few points off YAFSS par though I guess that'll probably shift upwards a bit too.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:15 am

Looks like a 738 for the round and sitting at the 8k mark. 
    Trade ins did pretty well if we turn a blind eye to the two week suspension

Probably going to go down the Guth/Brown path come lockout
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:19 am

Pookus McFly wrote:

Looks like we might have to agree to disagree. I don’t trade any differently from either team, least of all its because i’m more relaxed about one account- usually its the same pressing INs which come up for either team anyway (Bodyslam, Galvin etc). Getting the starting team right is the most important thing, and thats not to say that trading isn't important. Its great that you make successful picks, but I wholly reject this philosophy that its because you are having more fun than other coaches just making “fun little picks” Laugh 3

I have made picks that may turn out bad too (Cook/Ponga out for Lussick/smithies) but the difference is I clean the slate and move on

Well the way you put it, it sounds like you or your mindset/outlook are the problem so if thats how you want to play the game then its completely on you
    Stop making excuses or whinging about 'your' start and fix it

The reason I said something is anyone might think unless you have a great start or use the 'correct' structure then you might as well give up
    I think trades are more important and will stick to that, and if it doesn't work who really cares as you had fun trying.

There is no grand philosophy about having more fun than others, I play this for me and I am having fun which is whats important to me
    If you cant enjoy it then thats on you
    So either continue to not enjoy it or do something about it

TLDR: Stop making excuses and do something about it

Last edited by Boozecluez on Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:20 am

Captain Koro fail.

Seems I'll land about 754 once the updates comes through. Spewing I didn't go Terrell or Carrigan.

Onwards!
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:24 am

Whats the highest ranked autofilla team this year?

The most important thing about fantasy is your starting team
    Haha that will do me
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:27 am

Boozecluez wrote:

I have made picks that may turn out bad too (Cook/Ponga out for Lussick/smithies) but the difference is I clean the slate and move on

Well the way you put it, it sounds like you or your mindset/outlook are the problem so if thats how you want to play the game then its completely on you

The reason I said something is anyone might think unless you have a great start or use the 'correct' structure then you might as well give up
    I think trades are more important and will stick to that, and if it doesn't work who really cares as you had fun trying.

There is no grand philosophy about having more fun than others, I play this for me and I am having fun which is whats important to me

TLDR: Stop making excuses and do something about it

I'm taking Booze's advice this year - and not because he nearly won the whole damn thing last year.
    I don't have the time nor math / stats experience to make 'logical, well-planned' trades, so the Bludgers will never be anywhere near the top 100.
    So, this year I'm trading players in (if there's a choice between 2 or 3) who I enjoy watching play and will feel great about if they score well.
    Hence I picked up RTS this week. Was considering him and Turbo, but RTS just screams 'fun pick' to me.

Same reason I'm aiming for KPP next.

My bigger problem is knowing when to hold off trading, so at the end I have some kind of moves to make.

Drug
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:29 am

Boozecluez wrote:Whats the highest ranked autofilla team this year?

The most important thing about fantasy is your starting team
    Haha that will do me

Not sure of others' ranks. I'm 12/14, so not great, but got 808 this round. Ranked 54k.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:32 am

Boozecluez wrote:

I never said I didn’t enjoy fantasy, you told me that I don’t though Laugh 3 . My post wasn’t even whinging about a poor start either, just demonstrating the difference between taking a risk with the backs versus the forwards and how much of a difference that can make. I don’t believe your sample size of one really disputes that, more proves that you can succeed with the right picks in the backs as much as you can fail with the wrong ones. Its strange to be arguing against the fact that making the right picks from the start is going to help you succeed, seems pretty logical really. Nothing to say that anyone in the 14k ranks like me should give up, what a strange interpretation. Im not really entirely sure what you are arguing for at this point.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:36 pm