NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 23 - End the season now, Tigers are in the 8

GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 23 - End the season now, Tigers are in the 8 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 23 - End the season now, Tigers are in the 8

Post by GreenMachine Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:01 pm

mattnz wrote:

Started the game on fire, looks like a decent kid. Not afraid to have a go.

Gutho running the attack on both sides of the field though, which may limit his chances.

Nice one, thanks Matt
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 23 - End the season now, Tigers are in the 8 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 23 - End the season now, Tigers are in the 8

Post by GreenMachine Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:02 pm

whall15 wrote:

His score was carried by early involvement and a lba which had him around 14 about 15 minutes, then only scored the same for the rest game.

Only had the one kick, not ideal for a half, but looked solid in attack at least, apparently Braith thought on Fox he should be dropped for his defence. If he ends up holding his spot he should make cash but his base isn't great without kick metres, but 19 tackles is alright.

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 23 - End the season now, Tigers are in the 8 - Page 2 Giphy
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:03 pm

I took a huge risk completely stacking my backs this year (Kiraz, May, Ponga, Turbo, Pappy), allowed by me taking almost all the “promising” cash cows and midrangers which have consequently failed. It especially compounds the damage when the backline guns don’t fire, and now my team is drowning at rank 14000ish and looks absolutely terrible with a half dozen spot fires. By contrast my WAG team was built the traditional way of stacking the forwards (Robson, Hopgood, Harris, McInnes), looks in great shape, and is ranked 543. This is a cautionary tale that trusting the tried and true Fantasy tenants of old is always the best method. Also about which team you choose to enter in the FOG if you are a dirty, dirty WAG teamer- sincerest apologies if any Fantasy Fantasy owners!
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:04 pm

BTW Pookus, there are many other threads on this forum. Just in case you want an option when the main thread is in party mode
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:06 pm

Would love do dispatch Smithies & Lussick to the fine leg boundary but, have Piakura and Tuapiku to deal with first.
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:08 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:I took a huge risk completely stacking my backs this year (Kiraz, May, Ponga, Turbo, Pappy), allowed by me taking almost all the “promising” cash cows and midrangers which have consequently failed. It especially compounds the damage when the backline guns don’t fire, and now my team is drowning at rank 14000ish and looks absolutely terrible with a half dozen spot fires. By contrast my WAG team was built the traditional way of stacking the forwards (Robson, Hopgood, Harris, McInnes), looks in great shape, and is ranked 543. This is a cautionary tale that trusting the tried and true Fantasy tenants of old is always the best method. Also about which team you choose to enter in the FOG if you are a dirty, dirty WAG teamer- sincerest apologies if any Fantasy Fantasy owners!

I took a huge risk completely stacking my backs this year (Hynes, Cleary, Ponga, Turbo, Teddy, Papy, Rapana) taking almost all the promising cows and midrangers which also failed and finished round 1 ranked 73,304
    Current rank is 754

There is no best method
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:11 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    BTW Pookus, there are many other threads on this forum. Just in case you want an option when the main thread is in party mode

Appreciated, but I really don’t mind conversing with people on page 51+, assuming the whole “party time only” thing was facetious on your part. I’m in no way a party pooper either, ive been known to GIF it up when im on a PC at page 51, but its not so easy on an iPhone and yet sometimes I just want to stay in touch with the forum anyway rather than wait an hour or two for everyone to get their GIFs out.
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:13 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

I took a huge risk completely stacking my backs this year (Hynes, Cleary, Ponga, Turbo, Teddy, Papy, Rapana) taking almost all the promising cows and midrangers which also failed and finished round 1 ranked 73,304
    Current rank is 754

There is no best method

Beyond building with fundamentals in mind (aiming to make bank) I think it probably has more to do with how many cows are hits and how many failed cows you miss. A lot of space for luck.
    Robertneville
    Robertneville

Post by Robertneville Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:13 pm

I've not read anything or watched the game today but fucking Monday captains man. Just never works out for me lol.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:14 pm

My EDG stocks are about to be really thin I just realised.

After trades next week I am going to have a depth chart of:
    Starting EDG - KPP Salmon

with Chan as their replacement.

Looks like this may be a problem many are likely to face as guys like Wong, Piakura are unavailable and Sitili, Smithies, Burbo, Chan get punted.

Might look at grabbing Fifita early, when he is starting.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:15 pm

Talagi is basically in the same "role" as Strange.

The way parra play probably increases the likelihood of scoring.. but the main playmaking and kicking is going to be all Brown and Gutho.

Probably a solid option regardless.

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:16 pm

mattnz wrote:My EDG stocks are about to be really thin I just realised.

After trades next week I am going to have a depth chart of:
    Starting EDG - KPP Salmon

with Chan as their replacement.

Looks like this may be a problem many are likely to face as guys like Wong, Piakura are unavailable and Sitili, Smithies, Burbo, Chan get punted.

Might look at grabbing Fifita early, when he is starting.

Haha funny how start of season it seemed like there were a tonne of cheap edges ... Turns out theyre all shit.

Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:17 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

Current rank is 754

There is no best method

This proves my point more than anything- Rapana and Teddy are doing good for their starting price, Hynes is fine, and everyone has Cleary/Pappy which is why I never mentioned, and didn’t you sell Ponga? Obviously it depends WHICH backs you get and whether they fire Laugh 3, if it wasnt possible to jag the right combo, why would anyone take the risk?
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:22 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:
    Honeysett wrote:

Fuck around and find out, I banned the Cow* for it last time and he's got into lines now.

Fixed

You've redeemed yourself. Next time the three minute banhammer is coming out.

Not an euphemism.
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:25 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

This proves my point more than anything- Rapana and Teddy are doing good for their starting price, Hynes is fine, and everyone has Cleary/Pappy which is why I never mentioned, and didn’t you sell Ponga? Obviously it depends WHICH backs you get and whether they fire Laugh 3, if it wasnt possible to jag the right combo, why would anyone take the risk?

Again I disagree on " tried and true Fantasy tenants of old is always the best method"
    Trades are more important, the starting team doesn't matter as I have proved building teams of hookers,halves and last year a meme team.

Next year I will fill it up with centres, it doesn't really matter in the long run just have fun filling your boots and then adjust as the weeks go
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:27 pm

Lussick is almost all the excitement and scoring of Levi for only twice the price
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:31 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

Again I disagree on " tried and true Fantasy tenants of old is always the best method"
    Trades are more important, the starting team doesn't matter as I have proved building teams of hookers,halves and last year a meme team.

Next year I will fill it up with centres, it doesn't really matter in the long run just have fun filling your boots and then adjust as the weeks go

I think there are definitely high risk and low risk ways of building your fantasy team from the outset. There is more than one way to skin a cat in Fantasy, nobody would argue that, but picking the right gun forward is usually less dicey than picking the right gun back.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:36 pm

General observation (and havent tried to look at this in any detail at all), but hooker scoring seems way down across the board this year.

Is it a change in the way teams are playing (saw mention of teams playing "wider" this season) or just a random coincidence? Teams have finally adapted to the way the rule changes affected the game over the last few years ?

That said the guy who scores between 46 and 48 every week (sharks brailey) is seeing a slight uptick at 48.5 lol
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:39 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

I think there are definitely high risk and low risk ways of building your fantasy team from the outset. There are more than one way to skin a cat in Fantasy, nobody would argue that, but picking the right gun forward is usually less dicey than picking the right gun back.

Well maybe the answer is with your wag
    Treat your main team including trades like its a rental and not only will you stress less you will probably have more fun
    People tend to overanalyse everything and have a secondary pick they deem too risky and dont bring in and live in regret.
    Then they say "should have traded them instead" or "was going to bring them in but" etc

Why is it people make the big trades with their wag teams but not on their main?
    There is nothing to prove, the prizes are crap so might as well have fun with your trades ans stop overthinking everything.
    Maybe the wag part of the brain is right
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:42 pm

Hey all,
    loved the Tiger party.
    The Bludgers scored a-way-too-regular meh 695 (pre-downdates).
    Rank is still 14000+
    Coffee
    The blind leading the blind it shall be.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:45 am