NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Australian XVII

Australian XVII - Page 3 Empty Re: Australian XVII

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:20 pm

Are you fucking serious? McGuire with a Q?

What the fuck.

Rant
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:25 pm

Australian XVII - Page 3 1381569934967
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:20 am

Your Name wrote:I thought teeball was double EE ??
    inconceivable

Oh dear. Dux goes to you.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:55 am

Dip wrote:

Haha love the banter, all good mate. Don't always agree with you but actually like you explain your reasoning. Follow the link and click view to see the teams. You might be surprised about the first time. No Lockyer, JT or Slater, and guys like Dean Young, Uate and Lawrence in the team beat England in England.

Just to troll while you're fired up, if you're outraged Jennings and Morris weren't picked in the centres, and Teddy at fullback, where would you pick GI? My feeling is you're harsh against Boyd personally. He's been great this year and has played exactly the role he should. In answer to your question about whether the Tigers would go better with Boyd or Tedesco, I actually think it would be  Boyd. Inside this in Boyd being better than Tedesco. The team would be more organised, have better defence and would start sets of 6 in better position.

Oops, well that well and truly really fucks Pieman's argument.
    Surely we can just move on and accept his and others true reasoning for not selecting Boyd i.e. he has been incredibly successful against their teams and seems like a shit bloke....

On another note and something that keeps getting raised by some is the non-selection of the QLD blacklisters i.e. Milf.
    Not sure if it just wasn't widely reported but I saw an interview with Mal a few weeks ago saying that discipline is important and QLD has made a big call, so he is respecting that and won't be picking them for Aus.
    I don't particularly agree with the call to ban them in the first place but I do think it was a correct call for Mal to respect and stick by the decision.

And another thing, Mal might have been successful playing for and coaching QLD (and in my opinion the biggest factor in QLD's recent success).....but the NSWelshman conspiracy theorists would do well to remember the bloke was and is an Australian legend also.....back in the day where a Roo's jumper meant more than a QLD/NSW jumper too.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:31 am

Pieman wrote:
    How does Guerra deserve to be 18th man??

i don't agree with most of your rant pieman, but aside from fergy, guerra was the next most undeserving imo

his form has been better the last 2 weeks but he has had several absolutely atrocious games, soft errors, lazy missed tackles and just hasn't looked as good when the roosters pack has been the weakest its been in a while, looks better with class around him it seems. because he is 18th man, i only really care to argue the fergy decision but if someone goes down and guerra gets run, its completely unjustified imo, he wouldn't make the top 20 Australian back rowers this year and a sole test 2 years ago doesn't give him incumbency rights
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:34 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

On another note and something that keeps getting raised by some is the non-selection of the QLD blacklisters i.e. Milf.
    Not sure if it just wasn't widely reported but I saw an interview with Mal a few weeks ago saying that discipline is important and QLD has made a big call, so he is respecting that and won't be picking them for Aus.
    I don't particularly agree with the call to ban them in the first place but I do think it was a correct call for Mal to respect and stick by the decision.

what i found bizarre is that he said he'd still pick them for the 4 nations. QLD actually came out and banned the guys for 12 months, not till the end of the origin series

i think they should have been available for next Friday but i certainly don't get why they can't play on Friday but can play at end of the year ?? i guess it gives him the option to drop some Qlders for new Qlders jocolor
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:22 am

leaguegod wrote:

what i found bizarre is that he said he'd still pick them for the 4 nations. QLD actually came out and banned the guys for 12 months, not till the end of the origin series

i think they should have been available for next Friday but i certainly don't get why they can't play on Friday but can play at end of the year ?? i guess it gives him the option to drop some Qlders for new Qlders jocolor

Compromise solution......near enough (to 12 months) is good enough.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:30 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Compromise solution......near enough (to 12 months) is good enough.

its the rugby league way lol
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:23 am

Fancy bitching about Boyd when Bobblehead makes the side.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:52 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Oops, well that well and truly really fucks Pieman's argument.
    Surely we can just move on and accept his and others true reasoning for not selecting Boyd i.e. he has been incredibly successful against their teams and seems like a shit bloke....

And another thing, Mal might have been successful playing for and coaching QLD (and in my opinion the biggest factor in QLD's recent success).....but the NSWelshman conspiracy theorists would do well to remember the bloke was and is an Australian legend also.....back in the day where a Roo's jumper meant more than a QLD/NSW jumper too.

Once again you have missed the point - I have no quams with his selection.
    His selection at fullback over a bloke (or three) who is clearly better than him and in better form is where my issue lies.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:54 am

leaguegod wrote:

Exactly right - its because he is in cahoots with Kevvie - trialling blokes for the QLD side this year.
    After origin, it doesnt matter to them any more so he will get off his high horse and pick in them in the Aus side.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:55 am

Bren wrote:Are you fucking serious? McGuire with a Q?

What the fuck.

Rant

Went to school with a bloke whose last name was McQuire, pronounced exactly the same pretty much. Its just habit. Soz not soz
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:02 am

Dip wrote:

Haha love the banter, all good mate. Don't always agree with you but actually like you explain your reasoning. Follow the link and click view to see the teams. You might be surprised about the first time. No Lockyer, JT or Slater, and guys like Dean Young, Uate and Lawrence in the team beat England in England.

Just to troll while you're fired up, if you're outraged Jennings and Morris weren't picked in the centres, and Teddy at fullback, where would you pick GI? My feeling is you're harsh against Boyd personally. He's been great this year and has played exactly the role he should. In answer to your question about whether the Tigers would go better with Boyd or Tedesco, I actually think it would be  Boyd. Inside this in Boyd being better than Tedesco. The team would be more organised, have better defence and would start sets of 6 in better position.

Totally disagree, ive seen boyd play in shit teams at newcastle and great teams at the broncos and the dragons.
    If everything isnt layed out perfectly for him he is deadset rubbish. Remember when the newcastle crowd use to chant at him because he wasnt having a go? If the team isnt going perfectly, boyd is junk. Thats not just my opinion too - its what happened when he was in a shit side. Sure, he plays his role well for brissy, hes excellent in that system where he does not have to be the best player in the side every set. He has so many other good guys doing most of the work - his role is to just make the right decision at the end of the backline play, which he does most of the time.

Im not outraged that Jmoz and Jennings werent both picked in the centres - but I do think that one of them should have been been picked over Dugan in the centres with fergo missing out.
    Semi misses out in my side
    Ted
    Boyd
    GI
    Jmoz
    Dugan

Fair enough, he played fullback in a side that beat england (yeah england lol).

Doesn't change the fact that in what, 15 of his other games for australia he played on the wing and every game he has played for QLD has been on the wing.

Lucky Mal is the coach and he can use QLD players to trial in different positions for this game. What a benefit for QLD.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:12 am

Pieman wrote:

Went to school with a bloke whose last name was McQuire, pronounced exactly the same pretty much. Its just habit. Soz not soz

This is what I think of when I see McGuire with a Q...

Australian XVII - Page 3 Tumblr_n4li1eubom1tufblio1_500
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:55 pm

Pieman wrote:

Once again you have missed the point - I have no quams with his selection.
    His selection at fullback over a bloke (or three) who is clearly better than him and in better form is where my issue lies.

I got your idiotic point.

I'm just glad I disagree with you and am instead on the side of the greatest coach to have ever picked up a clipboard and donned a whistle.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:17 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

I got your idiotic point.

I'm just glad I disagree with you and am instead on the side of the greatest coach to have ever picked up a clipboard and donned a whistle.

Australian XVII - Page 3 Latest?cb=20110727182048
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon May 02, 2016 12:17 pm

Pieman wrote:

Totally disagree, ive seen boyd play in shit teams at newcastle and great teams at the broncos and the dragons.
    If everything isnt layed out perfectly for him he is deadset rubbish. Remember when the newcastle crowd use to chant at him because he wasnt having a go? If the team isnt going perfectly, boyd is junk. Thats not just my opinion too - its what happened when he was in a shit side. Sure, he plays his role well for brissy, hes excellent in that system where he does not have to be the best player in the side every set. He has so many other good guys doing most of the work - his role is to just make the right decision at the end of the backline play, which he does most of the time.

Im not outraged that Jmoz and Jennings werent both picked in the centres - but I do think that one of them should have been been picked over Dugan in the centres with fergo missing out.
    Semi misses out in my side
    Ted
    Boyd
    GI
    Jmoz
    Dugan

Fair enough, he played fullback in a side that beat england (yeah england lol).

Doesn't change the fact that in what, 15 of his other games for australia he played on the wing and every game he has played for QLD has been on the wing.

Lucky Mal is the coach and he can use QLD players to trial in different positions for this game. What a benefit for QLD.

As a NSWelshman who hates Boyd more than any other player in the history of the game and who thinks no player has been as blessed to be in the sides he has been in than I, I think you are totally wrong on this. I have absolutely NO issue with his selection. His form is good, his record for Aus is outstanding, his understanding of the system that Mal will implement in a 1 off test will be unquestionably sound. He is a completely risk free, worthy and deserved selection.

I rate Tedesco, but he has MILES to go before he proves he is worthy of walking into an Australian side without having played finals footy or Origin. They way you are talking about him is as if he is Hayne like in his ability. Please, stop it already, your just wrong on this one. Inglis has done enough at this level to warrant selection as an incumbent, but his form isn't good enough to be FB, and Boyd's form is good enough and he IS a FB, so the positional selections make perfect sense regarding those two, and who knows, maybe Mal will shift GI to FB, Ferguson to the centres and Boyd to the wing if the game requires it. I'll agree with you about 1 thing on Boyd, he isn't a franchise player, he can't carry a team as we saw with Newie. But when you play for Australia, you don't need to carry the team, you just need to know your role and be able to execute it effectively, and Boyd has proven he can do that. Tedesco, though he may be able to, hasn't yet and hasn't done enough to show he does deserve it. He has been good for what, the first 7 weeks of this year and perhaps the back end of last year.

As to NSW conspiracy theories, I don't buy that for a second, in fact some NSWelshman are bloody lucky to be there.

Honestly, the only joke selection is Ferguson, but he came out and got 3 on the weekend and was very good in his 1 start for NSW.

As to JMoz being in the side, please, he has been average at best this year, not even close to the form of Jennings.

Finally, the Qld crew who got banned. None of them deserved selection in the Aus side. Seriously, Milf is going good, Im a big fan, but as a utility option, Morgan is a much better option. Morgan might just be the most underrated player in the game at the moment after Corey Norman. As a NSW fan, I fear Morgan impact of the bench more than Milford, in fact Milford might just be the next Matty Bowen and my tip right now is he will play less origins than Mitchell Pearce.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon May 02, 2016 1:51 pm

I disagree with most of what you said - and agree with some of it mate.

Totally disagree on the Morgan/Milford stuff. The biggest difference between Bowen and Milford is 1. Milford plays for the broncos - so he is more likely to play rep footy and 2. he defends in the line week in week out so thats no big deal.
    I can see him being the 6 when JT retires.

Agree on Fergo - shouldnt be there but will do the job well.

I understand your reasoning for being happy with boyd's selection at fullback. I just disagree with it. I do agree with your "safe" statement though. Im not saying he isnt good enough to get picked, he will most likely be brilliant - I just dont think that he should be the fullback. My opinion.

He has performed as close to perfect as a winger can in rep footy - so why move him to fullback.
    The only reason he is there is because Kevvie is going to pick him at 1 for QLD and wanted to get a look at him playing rep footy at fullback. He will be good - just like how he is good behind the rep pack he plays behind at Brisbane.

I just like to see guys rewarded when they are playing exceptionally well. Boyd should be on the wing, where is has played 95% of his rep footy.

Tedesco - yep - this year is playing like a Hayne/Slater kind of player - and doing it behind a fucking team full of spuds. Anyway, its a moot point now, with Tedesco's injury. I think that Coote is a better Fullback than Boyd anyway too.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Mon May 02, 2016 3:30 pm

Here's how I see Boyd/Teddy

Mal: one off test - his first.
    Boyd: massively experienced. Very low risk. Won't let him down
    Tedesco: possibly the next big thing. No rep experience. Greeeeaaat form.

I think the biggest factor in all that is that's a one off test: I imagine that's huge. Coming from coaching Queensland, Mal's looking for an easy transition. I wouldn't be reading too much into it apart from that.

Me personally, I'd be looking for some NSW duties first
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon May 02, 2016 4:34 pm

Pieman wrote:I disagree with most of what you said - and agree with some of it mate.

Totally disagree on the Morgan/Milford stuff. The biggest difference between Bowen and Milford is 1. Milford plays for the broncos - so he is more likely to play rep footy and 2. he defends in the line week in week out so thats no big deal.
    I can see him being the 6 when JT retires.

Agree on Fergo - shouldnt be there but will do the job well.

I understand your reasoning for being happy with boyd's selection at fullback. I just disagree with it. I do agree with your "safe" statement though. Im not saying he isnt good enough to get picked, he will most likely be brilliant - I just dont think that he should be the fullback. My opinion.

He has performed as close to perfect as a winger can in rep footy - so why move him to fullback.
    The only reason he is there is because Kevvie is going to pick him at 1 for QLD and wanted to get a look at him playing rep footy at fullback. He will be good - just like how he is good behind the rep pack he plays behind at Brisbane.

I just like to see guys rewarded when they are playing exceptionally well. Boyd should be on the wing, where is has played 95% of his rep footy.

Tedesco - yep - this year is playing like a Hayne/Slater kind of player - and doing it behind a fucking team full of spuds. Anyway, its a moot point now, with Tedesco's injury. I think that Coote is a better Fullback than Boyd anyway too.

Im currently being proven correct on the Morgan/Milford stuff, Morgan is playing, Milford isn't and rightfully so, because Morgan provides better utility and is in equally as good form, and i accept i may be proven wrong on Milford long term, but i doubt it. I just am baffled that i guy play some good footy early in the season and people seem absolutely amazed he isn't first guy on the Aus team sheet. Please, Morgan has done it at Origin level and in a GF, just like Boyd, we don't go (or shouldn't go) handing out Aus jerseys for less than half a season of good form.

Re Boyd at FB, i understand you don't agree with it and its your opinion and i respect that, you have an opinion, which you are entitled to, even if its wrong, no use us laboring the point. Boyd was the logical and correct decision at FB and so it has been proven, so we can move on from that.

Teddy is MILES off Hayne form and even Slater form for that matter. Its a bit like comparing Josh Hodgson with Cam Smith, I mean really, Josh is leading the Dally M's, is going great, but he isn't anywhere near the class of Smith at his best.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:06 am