NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 3 - Trials by Combat

Papadontbleach
    Papadontbleach

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 3 - Trials by Combat - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 3 - Trials by Combat

Post by Papadontbleach Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:24 am

Grouse wrote:
    Hopoate is a shout as well. Will most likely end up being:

1. Rapana
    2. Cotric
    3. Timoko
    4. Kris
    5. Smith-Shields

So could be some early value in Smith-Shields.

This would be my guess.

Smith-Shields named on wing is enticing because he would get a dual and is $250K.
    Lchy
    Lchy

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 3 - Trials by Combat - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 3 - Trials by Combat

Post by Lchy Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:27 am

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:If Egan Butcher is replacing Angus is he a must have at his price? Or, are you still better off going cheap in 2RF and go big at halves and FRF?  Also, any idea how long Angus is out?

Going off what I've heard about Gus's situation there's genuinely no way to tell, but I can't see him being in the mindset to play professional sport for a while
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:32 am

Lchy wrote:

Going off what I've heard about Gus's situation there's genuinely no way to tell, but I can't see him being in the mindset to play professional sport for a while

What have you heard about it? Is it to do with his ex missus and how they recently broke up? Genuinely curious.
    Lchy
    Lchy

Post by Lchy Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:38 am

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:

What have you heard about it? Is it to do with his ex missus and how they recently broke up? Genuinely curious.

I'm getting it like 4th hand (BSmith, to Cooper Johns, to a mate I have in Newy, to me) so I won't play chinese whispers lol, but don't expect there to be a concrete time frame is all. It's not directly related to his mrs but I think that could be a factor in his eventual circumstance
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:47 am

Lchy wrote:

I'm getting it like 4th hand (BSmith, to Cooper Johns, to a mate I have in Newy, to me) so I won't play chinese whispers lol, but don't expect there to be a concrete time frame is all. It's not directly related to his mrs but I think that could be a factor in his eventual circumstance

Ah fair fair. Hopefully he gets back soon, one of the better blokes in our game it seems.

Wonder when the roosters/himself will come out with a statement or something official to confirm/shut down the rumours.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:54 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Burning question can you carry Cheese, Egan and Suaali? They have a bye round 4.

Prob one too many
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:27 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Burning question can you carry Cheese, Egan and Suaali? They have a bye round 4.
    Egan is brand new situation plus I have Teddy. If Egan gets the start then I might have to drop Teddy. I will run the three in my 18-21 and just pray that week.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:42 pm

Guys, please don't discuss players private issues in a public forum.

If you absolutely must intrude on someone else's life do it via PM
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:59 pm

as a sutton owner he was great yesterday he has such a high work rate the 1st 3 mins he'd made about 6 tackles so he rips in right from the get go but what i enjoyed the most was his 1st hit up the raiders boys really gave it to him as i thought they would. this was his an ideal debut for him because he's playing against his mates & you always have extra motivation & lift your performance.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:07 pm

I think 3 players from a club is better early than mid?

At R4 I’m reasonably confident in my other 18. Probably make 2 trades a week to get on whatever cash making bandwagon there is.

When it’s gets to R6-9 and every cow has almost peaked, nobody new is on the radar, and injuries are mounting… I think that’s when I want 3 players on bye less. Might make getting 17 out hard

Late is then probably ok again because there’s so long to figure it out
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:08 pm

Olam out for 6 weeks and will undergo surgery on his arm.
    Maestro

Post by Maestro Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:11 pm

I know it was against a lesser team but Mahoney looked so much better than he did last year - he cost me last year when I picked him but his passing and I think knowing he is an on field captain could be big for him. I have had Robson pencilled in for a while but the extra cash and a Mahoney throwing LBA, TAs and occasionally kicking to make Burtons kicking less predictable could make him worth the punt. Would be interested to see thumbs up for Mahoney is a goer, Thumbs down not a goer
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:17 pm

Maestro wrote:I know it was against a lesser team but Mahoney looked so much better than he did last year - he cost me last year when I picked him but his passing and I think knowing he is an on field captain could be big for him. I have had Robson pencilled in for a while but the extra cash and a Mahoney throwing LBA, TAs and occasionally kicking to make Burtons kicking less predictable could make him worth the punt. Would be interested to see thumbs up for Mahoney is a goer, Thumbs down not a goer

There probably isn't 10 points of value there, and 659 is too much to pay for a 5-point bump on a player you'll still want to trade out for Grant/Cook at some point.

Unless you think he can score closer to 60 average, in which case he's an end-of-season player and you're buying him now at a serious discount.

Which is what I did last season.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:41 pm

White Lightning wrote:as a sutton owner he was great yesterday he has such a high work rate the 1st 3 mins he'd made about 6 tackles so he rips in right from the get go but what i enjoyed the most was his 1st hit up the raiders boys really gave it to him as i thought they would. this was his an ideal debut for him because he's playing against his mates & you always have extra motivation & lift your performance.

Yeah he's all but locked in for me now, if he ends up starting in round 1 (seems like he will) then he's a deadset must-have given he's 100k less than most of the other value MIDs and can score big with 50+ mins.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:48 pm

robelgordo wrote:I think 3 players from a club is better early than mid?

One factor to consider is how good those players are.

eg Replacing Cook/Murray/Latrell in a bye round is harder than say Doueihi/Uto/Talau

But if you assume that you have at least 1 injury/suspension every week on top of your bye players each week, and that your 20th and 21st best player average 20, then 3 players on the bye could mean a big drop in weekly scores. Best case you are probably dropping 10 points over people with 1-2 on the bye.* Not the worst in the world if those 3 bye players perform well enough in the weeks leading up to the bye.

*I guess in the real best case your random WFB cover scores a hattrick and nets 70 points and you come out miles ahead, but we'll try be more realistic.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:11 pm

Milchcow wrote:

eg Replacing Cook/Murray/Latrell in a bye round is harder than say Doueihi/Uto/Talau

But if you assume that you have at least 1 injury/suspension every week on top of your bye players each week, and that your 20th and 21st best player average 20, then 3 players on the bye could mean a big drop in weekly scores. Best case you are probably dropping 10 points over people with 1-2 on the bye.* Not the worst in the world if those 3 bye players perform well enough in the weeks leading up to the bye.

*I guess in the real best case your random WFB cover scores a hattrick and nets 70 points and you come out miles ahead, but we'll try be more realistic.

I think 3 players from one team is fine to start with if they have their bye after about round 8 or so, since you probably would have moved on the cheapies by then.

e.g. I probably don't want 3 Panthers, Roosters or Titans if I can help it but 3 Storm or Raiders players are fine by me.
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:17 pm

What chance is Grant Anderson getting a gig R1 ??? , looked ok on the weekend.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:23 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Yeah definitely situational

Does feel like Cheese, Egan and Suallii is probs more like the Tigers 3. But there’s a lot to consider.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:29 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:What chance is Grant Anderson getting a gig R1 ??? , looked ok on the weekend.

Probably not much, I would guess that Gennings has the front running with Warbrick and Ieremia challenging for that spot. I don't think Anderson would jump ahead of those three.

I would hope Warbrick gets in but as long as it's either him or Gennings, I will pick whoever starts on that wing (especially since it'll be the left wing outside Munster, since Coates plays right side)
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:36 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Probably not much, I would guess that Gennings has the front running with Warbrick and Ieremia challenging for that spot. I don't think Anderson would jump ahead of those three.

I would hope Warbrick gets in but as long as it's either him or Gennings, I will pick whoever starts on that wing (especially since it'll be the left wing outside Munster, since Coates plays right side)

Thanks for that, just thought he looked ok - cheers.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:16 pm