NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2 - What's the magic number ?

manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2  - What's the magic number ? - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2 - What's the magic number ?

Post by manlybeaver Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:22 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

Which WFB and CTR nuffies are you going to put into your 18-21. Most of them are already in your starting side. You are gonna get burned when they have a bye. No real HOK cover either if BOYD is in your 1-13

Cheese is hooker cover Boyd will be halves cover if need. Tlt I'll have to hope for some cheapies might use fifita to Gardner and upgrade else where
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2  - What's the magic number ? - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2 - What's the magic number ?

Post by mintotheimmortal Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:32 pm

manlybeaver wrote:

Cheese is hooker cover Boyd will be halves cover if need. Tlt I'll have to hope for some cheapies might use fifita to Gardner and upgrade else where

tbf mine is somewhat similar for now

Thompson, Alamoti

Gennings, teddy, perham

Talau, Sloan in emgs with Khan Pereira a last resort if need be
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:34 pm

manlybeaver wrote:

I would get rid of Yeo and Bateman (just not that much value there for either of them and even without them you have enough guns in the forward pack) and replace them with Cleary (moving Boyd to the bench) and Hosking/Garner (whoever gets the starting spot, I have Hosking as a placeholder because he's 1k more).

This leaves you 220k to upgrade one of those nuffies to a better cheapie (Hammer is a good bet given he's dual and so highly owned that if he fails it doesn't matter). I would also swap Ilias for Miller, Miller's got much more upside and your WFB is very weak.

This would leave you with a side like this:

Clark
    Cheese, Murray, Cotter
    Fifita, Hosking
    Cleary, Hastings
    Hammer, Alamoti
    Miller, TMM, Perham

Boyd, Hopgood, Katoa, Gennings

Talau, 3x nuffies (Sloan, Doorey and Matamua are probably your best bets).

Another move you could make is Fifita to Robson (Robson is a huge pod at hooker and has no origin or early byes) and run Hopgood or Katoa at EDG, then run Clark on your bench as MID and HOK cover, but that one's up to you.
    Blindside
    Blindside

Post by Blindside Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:41 pm

If you keep touching it you will go blind
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:03 pm

Blindside wrote:If you keep touching it you will go blind

Suspision laid to rest.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:11 pm

Thoughts on my team appreciated

Grant
    Carrigan, Elliott, Sutton
    Garner, Katoa
    Cleary, Hastings
    J. Paulo, I. Thompson
    Miller, Savage, Perham

B. Smith, T. Boyd, Dunn (if starts), Hopgood
    Blore, Doorey, Alamoti, Talau

43k bank
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:14 pm

White Lightning wrote:Thoughts on my team appreciated

Grant
    Garner, Katoa
    Cleary, Hastings
    J. Paulo, I. Thompson
    Miller, Savage, Perham

43k bank
    I like it mate but I don’t like the Jaxson Paulo pick he doesn’t do enough tough yakka to be fantasy relevant. Ryan Sutton is a wait and see for now needs close to 55mins to be relevant for mine.

But yes it’s one of the better ones I have seen. Your back 3 are same as mine and halves as of now.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:20 pm

Grant
    Garner, Katoa
    Cleary, Hastings
    J. Paulo, I. Thompson
    Miller, Savage, Perham

43k bank

Don't mind it, though I personally prefer Robson over Grant (cheaper, no Origin or early byes and Grant isn't highly owned enough to really hurt you as a non-owner) and Clark over Elliott (assuming Clark is at 13 and there's a utility on the bench that can spell Verrills)

Blore is no good unless Bateman or Ipap play lock, Matamua is apparently getting lock though so that's an easy switch.

I'm not convinced Carrigan is enough value to warrant starting with, but if you swap Grant for Robson then you'll have enough money to upgrade him to Haas who's the better pick anyway.

If you wanted to stretch further you could even downgrade Savage to Hammer (Savage is also not quite enough value given that Fanhub overpriced him a bit and Hammer is so highly owned that if he fails then you're fine because everyone has him) and then use the money to upgrade Carrigan straight up to Murray who then gives you a genuine second captaincy option for when Cleary's got a bye.

TLDR: I would swap Grant, Elliott, Blore, Carrigan and Savage to Robson, Clark, Murray, Hammer and Matamua, but that's just my own opinion so take it how you will.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:22 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    I like it mate but I don’t like the Jaxson Paulo pick he doesn’t do enough tough yakka to be fantasy relevant. Ryan Sutton is a wait and see for now needs close to 55mins to be relevant for mine.

But yes it’s one of the better ones I have seen. Your back 3 are same as mine and halves as of now.

J. Paulo is my punt because the roosters play the dolphins, warriors in the 1st 2 games so i'm hoping he gets a few tries out there on the right wing & then rd 4 they have a bye so will sell him then or bench depending on how he's travelling
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:28 pm

Grant
    Garner, Katoa
    Cleary, Hastings
    J. Paulo, I. Thompson
    Miller, Savage, Perham

43k bank

I like some different picks, only comment I have is I think I heard Payten say that Dunn is on the same timeline as Luki and that it is looking like rd 4 return at this stage.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:35 pm

Good news!!

Foxsports has a puff piece on Danny Levi starting at 9!!

Tear up your teams to get him in lads, this is critical and reliable new information
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:36 pm

If I give you this team +293K where would you spend it.

Clark
    Elliot Cheese Gilbert
    Katoa Garner
    Doueihi Cleary
    Alamoti Thompson
    Teddy, Perham Gennings

Hopgood, Hastings Boyd Blore

Doorey, Luke, Talau, Sloan
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:38 pm

mintotheimmortal wrote:If I give you this team +293K where would you spend it.

Clark
    Elliot Cheese Gilbert
    Katoa Garner
    Doueihi Cleary
    Alamoti Thompson
    Teddy, Perham Gennings

Hopgood, Hastings Boyd Blore

Doorey, Luke, Talau, Sloan

Swap Blore for Matamua (Matamua is apparently getting the 13 jumper which would mean Blore is bench), this leaves you 313k

Then use that to upgrade Elliott to Murray, giving you a genuine 2nd captain option.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:44 pm

Isnt Matamua training at lock because Bateman is still in the UK?
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:46 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Swap Blore for Matamua (Matamua is apparently getting the 13 jumper which would mean Blore is bench), this leaves you 313k

Then use that to upgrade Elliott to Murray, giving you a genuine 2nd captain option.

I was of the belief it was the opposite. Blore has first running at right edge with Matamua training at 13 whilst JoeO didnt train. There was also chat Bateman was coming to play 13. Either way when tlt comes if one starts easy swap.

It's definitely been a consideration though upgrading one of the mids. you would upgrade Elliot before Gilbert? or is that solely to get Murray in?
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:47 pm

Honey Badger wrote:Isnt Matamua training at lock because Bateman is still in the UK?

That was my impression too. Ofa wasn't training when the Matamua at 13 news came out either. Havent heard how they've trained with Ofa there as well.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:50 pm

White Lightning wrote:

J. Paulo is my punt because the roosters play the dolphins, warriors in the 1st 2 games so i'm hoping he gets a few tries out there on the right wing & then rd 4 they have a bye so will sell him then or bench depending on how he's travelling

I like it. Great to see someone taking a punt on someone different. Im thinking of doing the same but with Suaalii if he's named at ctr and gets dual. He's more expensive than Paulo but I think Suaalii will have a better base but hopefully get the same opportunities for attacking stats vs Dolphins and Warriors.
    If it doesn't work out them i'll downgrade him in rd 4.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:52 pm

mintotheimmortal wrote:

I was of the belief it was the opposite. Blore has first running at right edge with Matamua training at 13 whilst JoeO didnt train. There was also chat Bateman was coming to play 13. Either way when tlt comes if one starts easy swap.

It's definitely been a consideration though upgrading one of the mids. you would upgrade Elliot before Gilbert? or is that solely to get Murray in?

That's just to get Muz in, if Blore ends up starting then just keep him and raise the 20k elsewhere
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:54 pm

Honey Badger wrote:

I like it. Great to see someone taking a punt on someone different. Im thinking of doing the same but with Suaalii if he's named at ctr and gets dual. He's more expensive than Paulo but I think Suaalii will have a better base but hopefully get the same opportunities for attacking stats vs Dolphins and Warriors.
    If it doesn't work out them i'll downgrade him in rd 4.

Yeah I like the JPaulo punt, not convinced with Suaali'i at centre until we see him play there but Roosters right wing is a good spot to be in. Helps that Paulo's dual too.
    Reset My Password!

Post by Reset My Password! Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Blore and Matamua are interchangeable depending on TLT so it doesn’t really matter this far out from the season starting. Alas, for Blore that means far too much time to get a significant injury.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:07 am