NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 9

Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 9 - Page 30 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 9

Post by Johnny B Goode Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:57 pm

I'm just going to keep Benry even if he gets dropped. He's a proven good scorer in the past and all it'll take is just an injury or two for him to get a good run in the team. Given how relatively few standout money makers there are this year particularly in the forwards then he's as good as anyone to run with.
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 9 - Page 30 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 9

Post by Johnny B Goode Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:00 pm

GoingNuts wrote:If I drop Packer and Aubbs

I can get Evans  and Hoppa.

Hoppa at FB (at centre for me) should do well shouldn't he?

4.7% ownership..  some what of a POD

You'd really need to have faith that Des will get Hoppa back to Manly form if you do. Hoppa played 6 games at FB last year and his highest score was 39 which included a try.
    Speedball Deluxe
    Speedball Deluxe

Post by Speedball Deluxe Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:02 pm

Hoppa at fb last year rounds 1-6 scored avg 29.5 .i wouldn't think he would improve much. Perhaps a bit behind a better attacking team, but not much?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:03 pm

EvenSteeden wrote:

Ligi Sao is also injured and seemed to be he was in front of Benry. I wouldn't be surprised to see Benry in and out of the 17, but I think he's worth the punt anyway

I don't rate Benry.

Unfortunately other options at that price aree equally unappealing.

So unless you spruce the cash for Hunt/Copley options are

Henry - think he has 1 or 2 weeks where he might be useful. But might require a sudden tradeout or he'll lose any cash he's made you as he goes to a bench role

Littlejohn - Will score well when he plays, which won't be often. But should at least avoid being a dodgy AE

Davis - limited first grade lifespan with McDonald and maybe olive knocking at the door. unknown scoring whilst he is in first grade

Pat Mata'utia - might only get 1 week before being replaced by his brother. Or might stay in first grade but get shafted to the wing and score nothing

Chee Kam - might not even play 1 game. and even if he does will probably be limited bench minutes and not give you much in the way of points/cash
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:08 pm

jstands wrote:Why are there no cash cows in frf? :/

Take a punt on Gavet haha missed tackle count is atrocious but runs hard and gets a few offloads away. Has surprised the coach but will he stay in the team
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:08 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I don't rate Benry.

Unfortunately other options at that price aree equally unappealing.

So unless you spruce the cash for Hunt/Copley options are

Henry - think he has 1 or 2 weeks where  he might be useful. But might require a sudden tradeout or he'll lose any cash he's made you as he goes to a bench role

Littlejohn - Will score well when he plays, which won't be often. But should at least avoid being a dodgy AE

Davis - limited first grade lifespan with McDonald and maybe olive knocking at the door. unknown scoring whilst he is in first grade

Pat Mata'utia - might only get 1 week before being replaced by his brother. Or might stay in first grade but get shafted to the wing and score nothing

Chee Kam - might not even play 1 game. and even if he does will probably be limited bench minutes and not give you much in the way of points/cash

Gutherson?
    superbucks
    superbucks

Post by superbucks Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:08 pm

Johnny B Goode wrote:I'm just going to keep Benry even if he gets dropped. He's a proven good scorer in the past and all it'll take is just an injury or two for him to get a good run in the team. Given how relatively few standout money makers there are this year particularly in the forwards then he's as good as anyone to run with.

Henry's role is a concern but I agree he's got the scoring in him to make my team at his price. Just hope the poor lad has a good run with his body.

I'm very much considering running with Gutherson at CTR4 and Fergo at WFB1 (with Feeney off field) so I can cover Henry with either Feeney/Mitchell by swapping Fergo into the centres.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:09 pm

Speedball Deluxe wrote:

Smith (c), Lichaa (r)
    LAM, RCG, Evans (r) , Packer (r)
    Surgess, Taupau, Cartwright, Rochow, Jsaitifi, Bhenry
    Hunt, Hastings, Taylor, jniko
    Aubusson, Copley, Auva'a, cow nuffie undecided on
    Gordon, Barba, Feeny.

Aubusson, gordon, rcg (reckon he is a big improver this year) might change but would be to players priced similarly. Thoughts.

Considering you said you have 300k left over its a decent team. Personally i'd change Packer to a cheap rookie and upgrade either RCG or Evans to a top gun (Gallen Parker Fifita Woods) Not all your mid rangers will fire so you will no doubt either waste a trade sideways then use another down the track to get a gun or upgrade the under performer to a gun and use a trade you can save right now, plus earn the extra points.
    CubanMafiaSandSlugs
    CubanMafiaSandSlugs

Post by CubanMafiaSandSlugs Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:11 pm

Krump wrote:
    Packer is crap for fantasy he will not make fuck all or score enough to be in my 17.

Have a look through the FRF list on NRL fantasy and write down the averages last year of all the starting props.

The lowest I get are:

Tyrell 26.5
    McLean 30.7
    Campbell-Gillard 32.0
    Moa 34.0
    Korbin Sims 35.5
    Myles 38.0

Packer is priced around 23. He's an integral part of that Dragons starting pack now. Do you really think he will score lower than all of the guys above along with all starting props last season?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:12 pm

Speedball Deluxe wrote:

Smith (c), Lichaa (r)
    LAM, RCG, Evans (r) , Packer (r)
    Surgess, Taupau, Cartwright, Rochow, Jsaitifi, Bhenry
    Hunt, Hastings, Taylor, jniko
    Aubusson, Copley, Auva'a, cow nuffie undecided on
    Gordon, Barba, Feeny.

Aubusson, gordon, rcg (reckon he is a big improver this year) might change but would be to players priced similarly. Thoughts.

You have $293k in the bank, right?

Do you honestly believe that trading Rochow and RCG for Woods and Graham wouldn't drastically improve your team?

You think the extra cash those 2 will make will allow you to catch up points on people who just started with the guns in the first place?

GoingNuts
    GoingNuts

Post by GoingNuts Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:13 pm

I ended up getting Evans.

Packer -> Evans
    Lichaa -> Hodgson

Team now:
    Smith, Hodgson
    Woods, Surgess, Evans, Leuluai
    Parker, Cartwright, LAM, Whitehead, Rochow, Saifiti
    DCE, Hastings, Taylor, JNik
    Aubs, LittleJohn, Gutherson, Henry
    Mann, Barba, Feeney, Mitchell, Scott

Worthy trade for overall balance?

Last edited by GoingNuts on Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    CubanMafiaSandSlugs
    CubanMafiaSandSlugs

Post by CubanMafiaSandSlugs Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:13 pm

mango wrote:

Sorry mate, I'll ask you if it's ok before I do it next time.

And maybe you're not as good as you think you are.

Apologies if I sounded a bit arrogant. I was just trying to scare you (and everyone else) off of looking at projected scores for round 1.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:13 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:

Gutherson?

I just assumed everyone already had Gutherson but was looking for a 2nd cheap CTR
    superbucks
    superbucks

Post by superbucks Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:15 pm

I'd probably stick with Aubbs/Packer. I see Aubbs beating Hoppa more than Evans beats Packer.

I believe Hoppa will be underwhelming at WFB, and probs average ~30. Ever since he came back to the nrl he's been nothing like he was at Manly. Could do better this year though I am not basing my judgement on pre-season reports.
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:15 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I just assumed everyone already had Gutherson but was looking for a 2nd cheap CTR

Fair enough. As you were...
    mango
    mango

Post by mango Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:17 pm

Warriors wrote:

Take a punt on Gavet haha missed tackle count is atrocious but runs hard and gets a few offloads away. Has surprised the coach but will he stay in the team

He had feet for hands when he was at the Tigers.
    Speedball Deluxe
    Speedball Deluxe

Post by Speedball Deluxe Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:17 pm

Milchcow wrote:

You have $293k in the bank, right?

Do you honestly believe that trading Rochow and RCG for Woods and Graham wouldn't drastically improve your team?

You think the extra cash those 2 will make will allow you to catch up points on people who just started with the guns in the first place?

I suppose you're right. Thanks for the feedback, was looking for some other insights as had been rolling it around in my head all week.
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:18 pm

Speedball Deluxe wrote:

I guess that is the question isn't it. Finding the right balance is they key. Thanks for the input Milchy.

This may have been answered already, if so ignore and move on!  The theory is sound, the execution a tad flawed.  You need to find as many under valued players as you can, you have done that.  But you also have to spend all the cash otherwise you are losing points each week. $293k in the bank at approx' $8,500 / point is losing you a potential 34.5 points per week.  You will be a shot duck in two months.  You should turn RCG or another mid cow to a super gun and buy that 30 points back.

Team actually looks really good, but get that extra gun in. Dollars in bank = losing points.

My 2c.

Edit, no DCE love??

Last edited by SportAL on Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:20 pm

The Mole ‏@RLW_Mole now16 seconds ago
    BREAKING: Team news - at @SeaEagles - Feleti Mateo likely to be OUT, Siosaia Vave IN
    Speedball Deluxe
    Speedball Deluxe

Post by Speedball Deluxe Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:22 pm

Shanbon wrote:

Considering you said you have 300k left over its a decent team. Personally i'd change Packer to a cheap rookie and upgrade either RCG or Evans to a top gun (Gallen Parker Fifita Woods) Not all your mid rangers will fire so you will no doubt either waste a trade sideways then use another down the track to get a gun or upgrade the under performer to a gun and use a trade you can save right now, plus earn the extra points.
    Thanks for the input shanbon. Smile

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:37 pm