NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 9

Krump
    Krump

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 9 - Page 29 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 9

Post by Krump Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:09 pm

jstands wrote:If Packer averages 30 what money does he make?
    30x8500=255,000 minus 211,000 so basically stuff all
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 9 - Page 29 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 9

Post by Beast From The Big East Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:11 pm

Speedball Deluxe wrote:I have 293k left in the bank, and I don't want to change a thing (i think... read on).

I've managed to save that much by starting undervalued players who I think will score very similarly as fully priced (reached their max value) players, think Barba instead of Moylan. Hastings instead of Blake Green etc.

By doing this, when those undervalued players have peaked I can then put the saved money towards upgrading them to a gun.

It is risky, but I see that this is the aim of the game. Basically if at all possible the whole of your 17 should be filled with players who are undervalued (with each player able to match that of a player who is at full price). Their are a few exceptions where I have purchased keeper guns, but when I have even those I see as value, e.g. Surgess and Taupau (rather than say JBrom or Parker who I think are at their peak and there is no value in them). I do have smith for captain though.

Is this sound game theory?? (for overall not H2H)

in some cases this works but not in all. if there was a winner awarded for who team transformation from round 1 to round 26 you would do well but that isn't the aim. By sitting with so much cash you are limiting scoring potential each week and the aim of the game is to score as much as you can. Your guys may make cash but you will fall too far behind in points before you can turn them into guns to make it up. Post up your team in here or in the rate my team thread for some reviews but I am imagining that having almost 300k left over will heavily impact your scoring potential.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:11 pm

mango wrote:
    CubanMafiaSandSlugs wrote:I cannot believe that people are even looking at score predictions. If that's the sort of competition out there, than I have a better shot at winning than I thought.

Sorry mate, I'll ask you if it's ok before I do it next time.

And maybe you're not as good as you think you are.

Naa he is bad, but for real there isn't much point looking into what is predicted via the NRL Fantasy system as it is based a lot of last year and doesn't translate underpriced players or rookies in your squad well.

My predicted score is 667, but I would expect 800+ from my team.
    GoingNuts
    GoingNuts

Post by GoingNuts Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:15 pm

my tv broke wrote:re interchange

"It's one of the major reasons (for Thaiday's benching). We need some experienced players because once he goes on he won't be coming off. We have to compensate for that and he was happy to do that role for me," Bennett said.

^ i think JDB will be another guy in this category. and its definitely something to think about. you may get a younger prop that starts the game but comes off after 30 mins and never returns to the field

This!

What worries me about Henry. Starting is not necessarily a good sign any-more.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:17 pm

GoingNuts wrote:

This!

What worries me about Henry.  Starting is not necessarily a good sign any-more.

Henry is a workhorse + He's bottom dollar.
    If he's a major worry of yours then you're set.
    GoingNuts
    GoingNuts

Post by GoingNuts Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:20 pm

GoingNuts wrote:Aubbs + Packer

or

CLawrence + Evans

?

Bump. Anyone have a view?
    mango
    mango

Post by mango Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:25 pm

filthridden wrote:

I just hope he can cement a spot in the team, play decent minutes and remain injury free.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:33 pm

GoingNuts wrote:

Bump.  Anyone have a view?

aubbs and evans? haha Very Happy

not sure i can offer much. I dont like packer at all, have not once put him in my side. i had CLaw for a while but i hate seeing him there. i've just done some adjustments to swap him to the dreaded Aubbs - though the only real effect of this was changing Pauli Pauli to Leuluai (dont have the greatest in confidence in either of those two anyway)
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:37 pm

Speedball Deluxe wrote:I have 293k left in the bank, and I don't want to change a thing (i think... read on).

I've managed to save that much by starting undervalued players who I think will score very similarly as fully priced (reached their max value) players, think Barba instead of Moylan. Hastings instead of Blake Green etc.

By doing this, when those undervalued players have peaked I can then put the saved money towards upgrading them to a gun.

It is risky, but I see that this is the aim of the game. Basically if at all possible the whole of your 17 should be filled with players who are undervalued (with each player able to match that of a player who is at full price). Their are a few exceptions where I have purchased keeper guns, but when I have even those I see as value, e.g. Surgess and Taupau (rather than say JBrom or Parker who I think are at their peak and there is no value in them). I do have smith for captain though.

Is this sound game theory?? (for overall not H2H)

If your theory works you will end up with more money than the guys who start with a few guys like Smith/Parker/Gallen
    But they will more than likely have a points lead over you.

Will you be able to use your money to overtake that points lead in the latter part of the season?
    GoingNuts
    GoingNuts

Post by GoingNuts Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:38 pm

my tv broke wrote:

aubbs and evans? haha Very Happy

not sure i can offer much. I dont like packer at all, have not once put him in my side. i had CLaw for a while but i hate seeing him there. i've just done some adjustments to swap him to the dreaded Aubbs - though the only real effect of this was changing Pauli Pauli to Leuluai (dont have the greatest in confidence in either of those two anyway)

Yeah I don't want to keep Packer either, I think he is a trap. I think he will do 20-30mins then Creagh will come on for the remainder of the game (as you mentioned before).

I just dont have the coin to go Evan's without losing Aubbs or another high potential player.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:39 pm

filthridden wrote:

Conversely, Henry is only holding down a starting spot until Bodene Thompson is over his injury.

if you are relying on Henry being in your scoring 17 for more than a round or 2, then you are not set
    Speedball Deluxe
    Speedball Deluxe

Post by Speedball Deluxe Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:43 pm

Beast From The Big East wrote:

in some cases this works but not in all. if there was a winner awarded for who team transformation from round 1 to round 26 you would do well but that isn't the aim. By sitting with so much cash you are limiting scoring potential each week and the aim of the game is to score as much as you can. Your guys may make cash but you will fall too far behind in points before you can turn them into guns to make it up. Post up your team in here or in the rate my team thread for some reviews but I am imagining that having almost 300k left over will heavily impact your scoring potential.

Smith (c), Lichaa (r)
    LAM, RCG, Evans (r) , Packer (r)
    Surgess, Taupau, Cartwright, Rochow, Jsaitifi, Bhenry
    Hunt, Hastings, Taylor, jniko
    Aubusson, Copley, Auva'a, cow nuffie undecided on
    Gordon, Barba, Feeny.

Aubusson, gordon, rcg (reckon he is a big improver this year) might change but would be to players priced similarly. Thoughts.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:44 pm

GoingNuts wrote:
    GoingNuts wrote:Aubbs + Packer

or

CLawrence + Evans

?

Bump.  Anyone have a view?
    I put it in the too hard basket mate.  Maybe work out your byes as to who is more valuable as they are both potentially very close averages.
    Speedball Deluxe
    Speedball Deluxe

Post by Speedball Deluxe Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:45 pm

Milchcow wrote:

If your theory works you will end up with more money than the guys who start with a few guys like Smith/Parker/Gallen
    But they will more than likely have a points lead over you.

Will you be able to use your money to overtake that points lead in the latter part of the season?

I guess that is the question isn't it. Finding the right balance is they key. Thanks for the input Milchy.
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:46 pm

I currently have Packer on the bench. Am I better off getting someone like Pauli instead and playing Saifiti/Taylor as reserve?
    EvenSteeden
    EvenSteeden

Post by EvenSteeden Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:46 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Conversely, Henry is only holding down a starting spot until Bodene Thompson is over his injury.

if you are relying on Henry being in your scoring 17 for more than a round or 2, then you are not set

Ligi Sao is also injured and seemed to be he was in front of Benry. I wouldn't be surprised to see Benry in and out of the 17, but I think he's worth the punt anyway
    mango
    mango

Post by mango Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:48 pm

GoingNuts wrote:

Yeah I don't want to keep Packer either, I think he is a trap.  I think he will do 20-30mins then Creagh will come on for the remainder of the game (as you mentioned before).  

I just dont have the coin to go Evan's without losing Aubbs or another high potential player.

I didn't like Packer either but someone said something last night that made a lot of sense. Basically if you have Packer in your side it's an easy downgrade to BLawrence if and when Manly bring him back into the 17. I don't think Packer will make much but he shouldn't lose money either as he seems to be an integral part of the Saints pack now.

He's in my team for now but that could well change.
    superbucks
    superbucks

Post by superbucks Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:48 pm

jstands wrote:I currently have Packer on the bench. Am I better off getting someone like Pauli instead and playing Saifiti/Taylor as reserve?

I don't really like Pauli as a scorer and think Packer will do better. Saifiti/Taylor could outscore Packer though, who I believe will score around 30 odd a game.
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:52 pm

Why are there no cash cows in frf? :/
    GoingNuts
    GoingNuts

Post by GoingNuts Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:54 pm

If I drop Packer and Aubbs

I can get Evans and Hoppa.

Hoppa at FB (at centre for me) should do well shouldn't he?

4.7% ownership.. some what of a POD

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:43 pm