NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8 - Page 9 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:45 pm

So what day are the teamlists being released this year with the Thursday night games??

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8 - Page 9 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:46 pm

So basically we were all beaten by a bloke who started with Aubbs in his team for round 1. (Hi PGC Laughing).
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:47 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:What is the strata for the levels?
    Don't get me wrong, I am happy in the little L6 team that could, I just want to know what kind of rankings people in L1 got last year to achieve such lofty heights ^_^

Fair question mate. I have tried to explain it in the spiel at the start of the Leagues Open thread. I have a propensity to prattle on, as I am right now, so tried to condense that opening post.

All those who made the first cut off date and were in the SUG last year were ranked 1-80 based on their Overall rank last year for the 5 Leagues of 16. There was only a handful of posters who were in the SUG but didn't make the cut off. They have become reserves for the other Leagues as I have mentioned at the top of the L6 list. Conversely there were only a handful of high ranked nominations that made the cut off date but weren't in the SUG last year. They are also on the Reserves list in L6. I have tried explaining that in the opening spiel as well.

So in your instance for example, there may be a higher league for you to slot into if someone in another League doesn't join on time in the next few days. You are at the top of that list Very Happy . There also some other Sportal posters who were old heads on there who are in L6 at the moment purely based on the fact that they missed the first cut off date to register.

The short answer though is those who finished 1-16 in the SUG last year AND made the 1st date are in L1. I left the ranks at work but can give you the strata for L1 tomorrow when I am back in if you want. The exception is MS who stood down from L1 due to working overseas. I then of course subsequently completely missed getting him into another League...
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:48 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:

Wow! 9 leagues of 16? Hopefully we can build this up to something greater than that!

Yeah, SI might recall better than me but I think it was 7 ranked, 2 latecomer/newbies.

Let it be known that without Random's team breakdown pre-R1 last season, or Milchcow's spreadsheets I would not have got off to as good a start and that set the tone for the rest of the season rabbit

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:51 pm

@B/L - what is your Fantasy + VSDT team names? I'll enter you in the rego thread.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:54 pm

@SI

I think he was more looking to find out what the level of competition is in the leagues and how we stacked up overall.

@Pookus McFly

Sorry if I missed it, but how did you fair last year?
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:56 pm

Bren wrote:So basically we were all beaten by a bloke who started with Aubbs in his team for round 1. (Hi PGC Laughing).

Going to happen this year as well when I start with Aubbs.
    Sashamaloo
    Sashamaloo

Post by Sashamaloo Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:57 pm

Big shout out to SI and to Bren for organising the leagues.
    Little silent high 5 to me for making it to league 1,
    Hopefully I can get results that reflect that lofty status.
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:59 pm

SI wrote:

All good mate, Fantasy has a history tab which might show it. Alternatively you can go back onto Sportal and search "2015 Registration" and that will come up with the threads (eventually) that we used at the start of last year with all the names.

Cheers guys will have to do this when I'm back home tomorrow
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:59 pm

Sashamaloo wrote:Big shout out to SI and to Bren for organising the leagues.
    Little silent high 5 to me for making it to league 1,
    Hopefully I can get results that reflect that lofty status.

Good shit Sash. I seem to recall us being in several leagues together over the years lol

standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:03 pm

Random wrote:@SI

I think he was more looking to find out what the level of competition is in the leagues and how we stacked up overall.

@Pookus McFly

Oh wow. Whilst I was prattling on I missed a page of replies! @ Pookus McFly , mate I can give you a better idea tomorrow of ACTUAL ranks if you like? Suffice to say all of L1 is top 500 roughly off the top of my head.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:14 pm

Random wrote:

Going to happen this year as well when I start with Aubbs.

The only beating you will be doing is when Aubs gets shifted to the CTR's when Copley goes down injured 20 mins into the game in round 1.

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8 - Page 9 NRL+Rd+17+Dragons+v+Roosters+YUHcdyvj95Ol
    BroncosSabres
    BroncosSabres

Post by BroncosSabres Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:17 pm

SI wrote:

Welcome mate. Did you post on Sportal or around the traps anywhere else?

Yeah I posted on sportal regularly in 2014 and was competitive enough in my league but DT screwed me around early last year so I decided pretty quickly to take the year off
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:22 pm

SI wrote:

Fair question mate.  I have tried to explain it in the spiel at the start of the Leagues Open thread.  I have a propensity to prattle on, as I am right now, so tried to condense that opening post.  

All those who made the first cut off date and were in the SUG last year were ranked 1-80 based on their Overall rank last year for the 5 Leagues of 16.  There was only a handful of posters who were in the SUG but didn't make the cut off. They have become reserves for the other Leagues as I have mentioned at the top of the L6 list.  Conversely there were only a handful of high ranked nominations that made the cut off date but weren't in the SUG last year.  They are also on the Reserves list in L6.  I have tried explaining that in the opening spiel as well.

So in your instance for example, there may be a higher league for you to slot into if someone in another League doesn't join on time in the next few days.  You are at the top of that list Very Happy  .  There also some other Sportal posters who were old heads on there who are in L6 at the moment purely based on the fact that they missed the first cut off date to register.

The short answer though is those who finished 1-16 in the SUG last year AND made the 1st date are in L1.  I left the ranks at work but can give you the strata for L1 tomorrow when I am back in if you want.  The exception is MS who stood down from L1 due to working overseas.  I then of course subsequently completely missed getting him into another League...

wonderfully explained SI! I do not need the data, Studogg has already given me the ballpark I was looking for. I wasn't grumbling at all, I am keen to help MS spearhead the plucky L6 into superstardom, by all means! Big thanks to you and Bren for your efforts. Studogg touched on something before, and it really resonated with me how important it is to have a place like this, having brought over the same culture that worked so well at SUG. Everybody wants to win, sure. But here they want the group to do well as a whole also, and they help each other with their team advice. Most alternatives are simply massive pissing contests and lampooning other people's ideas for kicks. I'm not saying its not entertaining, but it certainly doesn't make you better at fantasy. I would expect most Renegades would gouge another's eye out for a hot tip on a smokey. I think this place will really grow in its newly improved format. Especially after I win this year and start telling everybody where the best place to discuss NRL fantasy is Razz
    Sashamaloo
    Sashamaloo

Post by Sashamaloo Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:23 pm

I feel I am the only one not choosing j niko, I just can't see the cash rising fast enough to be of use to me.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:25 pm

Random wrote:@SI

@Pookus McFly

I ranked 735! which was massive for me. I set a goal for the top 1000 for the first time last season, so I was pretty stoked to make it well inside it. This year, I am aiming for top 500! Very Happy
    I mean, number 1!
    mango
    mango

Post by mango Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:27 pm

This is the first time that I've been involved in an organised league comp, and from what I can see, there's a bit of work that's gone into it.

Well done to those that put it all together Clap

Can't wait for it to start and I'm looking forward to all the banter and shit stirring that goes with it  Excited  Dance
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:27 pm

The lack of actual dickhead keyboard warriors is the best part. There's a difference between humourous banter and stupid insults and there is generally a happy medium here
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:27 pm

Sashamaloo wrote:I feel I am the only one not choosing j niko, I just can't see the cash rising fast enough to be of use to me.

I am with you on this. Though mostly its because I want Feeney in that HLF position, and I see Hastings and Taylor as better buys than Niko
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:29 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

wonderfully explained SI! I do not need the data, Studogg has already given me the ballpark I was looking for. I wasn't grumbling at all, I am keen to help MS spearhead the plucky L6 into superstardom, by all means! Big thanks to you and Bren for your efforts. Studogg touched on something before, and it really resonated with me how important it is to have a place like this, having brought over the same culture that worked so well at SUG. Everybody wants to win, sure. But here they want the group to do well as a whole also, and they help each other with their team advice. Most alternatives are simply massive pissing contests and lampooning other people's ideas for kicks. I'm not saying its not entertaining, but it certainly doesn't make you better at fantasy. I would expect most Renegades would gouge another's eye out for a hot tip on a smokey. I think this place will really grow in its newly improved format. Especially after I win this year and start telling everybody where the best place to discuss NRL fantasy is Razz

Well said lad, the vast majority here share picks of potential POD's etc not downplay them then use them in their own team haha everyone doing well gets backed and helped

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 8:29 pm