NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8

Speedball Deluxe
    Speedball Deluxe

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8 - Page 10 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8

Post by Speedball Deluxe Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:30 pm

Sashamaloo wrote:I feel I am the only one not choosing j niko, I just can't see the cash rising fast enough to be of use to me.
    I'm with you dude. I am not aboard that train either. Especially not knowing how long Pearce is out for.
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8 - Page 10 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8

Post by SoylentGreen Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:31 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

I ranked 735! which was massive for me. I set a goal for the top 1000 for the first time last season, so I was pretty stoked to make it well inside it. This year, I am aiming for top 500! Very Happy
    I mean, number 1!

Just remember it's as easy to drop back down again! I went from 2000ish in 2012, to 200ish, 50th, then back down to the 2000s last year. Shocked

Last edited by SoylentGreen on Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:31 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

I ranked 735! which was massive for me. I set a goal for the top 1000 for the first time last season, so I was pretty stoked to make it well inside it. This year, I am aiming for top 500! Very Happy
    I mean, number 1!

Lol I think you beat my best mate by 2 ranks, I'm sure he came 737th. I think anything in the top 1000 is awesome when you think there are 100,000+ teams entered
    Mr Fernando
    Mr Fernando

Post by Mr Fernando Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:32 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:The lack of actual dickhead keyboard warriors is the best part. There's a difference between humourous banter and stupid insults and there is generally a happy medium here

Amen!
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:33 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:The lack of actual dickhead keyboard warriors is the best part. There's a difference between humourous banter and stupid insults and there is generally a happy medium here

yeah you are right. Everybody likes to argue and joke, but at other places being an asshole has become so entrenched that they are now just caught in a system where it is more important to spit venom than actually give serious opinions, or debate the value of a player. I am a hypocrite of course- I frequent such boards all the time, but it is still a toxic culture as far as them ever achieving success in terms of NRL Fantasy
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:37 pm

but enough D&M! Back to the fantasy!

I am dead set on running with 2x 2RF's for centres this year. I am thinking Aubbs and CLaw, but it is a little unnerving to be sweating on two notorious players. Anybody have thoughts on Lewis Brown this year? I think he will start, but are any other sea eagles like Buhrer coming back to squeeze him out? His position might make me sweat just as much as Aubbs or CLaw!
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:39 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

yeah you are right. Everybody likes to argue and joke, but at other places being an asshole has become so entrenched that they are now just caught in a system where it is more important to spit venom than actually give serious opinions, or debate the value of a player. I am a hypocrite of course- I frequent such boards all the time, but it is still a toxic culture as far as them ever achieving success in terms of NRL Fantasy

It's like a constant dick measuring contest, and if you happen to piss off the guy with the smallest dick then they boot you out of the group.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:39 pm

[quote="Pookus McFly"]
    SI wrote:

wonderfully explained SI! I do not need the data, Studogg has already given me the ballpark I was looking for. I wasn't grumbling at all, I am keen to help MS spearhead the plucky L6 into superstardom, by all means! Big thanks to you and Bren for your efforts. Studogg touched on something before, and it really resonated with me how important it is to have a place like this, having brought over the same culture that worked so well at SUG. Everybody wants to win, sure. But here they want the group to do well as a whole also, and they help each other with their team advice. Most alternatives are simply massive pissing contests and lampooning other people's ideas for kicks. I'm not saying its not entertaining, but it certainly doesn't make you better at fantasy. I would expect most Renegades would gouge another's eye out for a hot tip on a smokey. I think this place will really grow in its newly improved format. Especially after I win this year and start telling everybody where the best place to discuss NRL fantasy is Razz

Well that's a wonderful post Pookus Very Happy . Renegades are great at what they set out to do back in 2011 in regards being an open and uncensored group; and dat Prospectus, daaaaaammm Beating Heart

I am on pretty much all the FB pages and they are great, but I have always loved Fanatics and Sportal more as they become a genuine community.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:40 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:but enough D&M! Back to the fantasy!

I am dead set on  running with 2x 2RF's for centres this year. I am thinking Aubbs and CLaw, but it is a little unnerving to be sweating on two notorious players. Anybody have thoughts on Lewis Brown this year? I think he will start, but are any other sea eagles like Buhrer coming back to squeeze him out? His position might make me sweat just as much as Aubbs or CLaw!

His position would make you sweat less than Aubbs because he isn't Aubbs Very Happy
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:42 pm

You really haven't spoken to me have you Razz
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:45 pm

Random wrote:

You really haven't spoken to me have you Razz

Haha you know what I mean. Razz
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:50 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

Doesn't make you a hypocrite mate, makes you smart, as the FB pages are better at providing updates like team changes and scores as opposed to a forum. I would say around 80% of us are on Renegades, and I love nothing more than being on Renegades on a Saturday night when everyone is cut and going each other Very Happy . I posted there a lot back in the day but not now. Roughly 50% on Weapons I reckon. Around 10% on Legends, but they are capped at between 64-80 members.

Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:51 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:

His position would make you sweat less than Aubbs because he isn't Aubbs Very Happy

Laughing

Naw, my man Aubbs has got this! If named to start, my fate is sealed!
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:56 pm

SI wrote:

Doesn't make you a hypocrite mate, makes you smart, as the FB pages are better at providing updates like team changes and scores as opposed to a forum.  I would say around 80% of us are on Renegades, and I love nothing more than being on Renegades on a Saturday night when everyone is cut and going each other  Very Happy  .  I posted there a lot back in the day but not now.   Roughly 50% on Weapons I reckon.  Around 10% on Legends, but they are capped at between 64-80 members.

Yeah, I'm with you. It IS fun to be a dickhead Cool
    But I would never put RNGD in my title.
    Proud to fly the Fanatics flag.
    mango
    mango

Post by mango Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:57 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:but enough D&M! Back to the fantasy!

I am dead set on  running with 2x 2RF's for centres this year. I am thinking Aubbs and CLaw, but it is a little unnerving to be sweating on two notorious players. Anybody have thoughts on Lewis Brown this year? I think he will start, but are any other sea eagles like Buhrer coming back to squeeze him out? His position might make me sweat just as much as Aubbs or CLaw!

I'm pretty sure Brown is coming back from I think a shoulder injury so may ease back into it for the first few games.

I'm running Aubbo and CLaw in the centres, no matter how hard I try to fill the spots with someone else, they keep finding their way back in.

It's like it was meant to be, a sign from above perhaps tongue lol!
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:04 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:
    Mighty Fishes wrote:

Wow! 9 leagues of 16? Hopefully we can build this up to something greater than that!

Yeah, SI might recall better than me but I think it was 7 ranked, 2 latecomer/newbies.

Let it be known that without Random's team breakdown pre-R1 last season, or Milchcow's spreadsheets I would not have got off to as good a start and that set the tone for the rest of the season rabbit

Yep, that's on the money Stu. I think from memory 8 Leagues of 16 in 2012 and 9 Leagues of 16 in 2013. We had 8 or 9 Leagues in 2014 but they were 12, not 16, as that's when FanHub came in and they let us set them up as 12, only to not allow 12 team Leagues in the official rankings AFTER 1st Lockout. That completely broke Tombsy Crying or Very sad .

When the FB pages took off we thinned out a bit posters wise, but literally doubled in the actual amount of posts on the forum for the year. We went from 6 threads of 200 pages in 2013, to 8 or 9 threads of 200 in 2014, and last year we hit 11 threads at 200 pages from memory Very Happy
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:05 pm

mango wrote:

I'm pretty sure Brown is coming back from I think a shoulder injury so may ease back into it for the first few games.

I'm running Aubbo and CLaw in the centres, no matter how hard I try to fill the spots with someone else, they keep finding their way back in.

It's like it was meant to be, a sign from above perhaps tongue lol!

Yeah, the only other person in that position im remotely interested in is Ferguson, and I think he needs a few weeks to sort his shit out first. For the price of Croker I could pick up Au Mau or Cartwright with change. Roberts, Walker, Jennings all in new clubs (and in Walker's case a new position!) and too much of a gamble for a hefty CTR pricetag. Morris injured. Kata might go okay this season, but i think the warriors will start too slow. Who are people even selecting at centre? I can't find anyone i like!
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:08 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

Yeah, the only other person in that position im remotely interested in is Ferguson, and I think he needs a few weeks to sort his shit out first. For the price of Croker I could pick up Au Mau or Cartwright with change. Roberts, Walker, Jennings all in new clubs (and in Walker's case a new position!) and too much of a gamble for a hefty CTR pricetag. Morris injured. Kata might go okay this season, but i think the warriors will start too slow. Who are people even selecting at centre? I can't find anyone i like!

If Hurrell was named to start in the CTRS he might be worth the risk but job security would obviously be under threat, BJ i think is worth a gamble and I have been eyeing him up, but with CLaw around the same $ and with better base stats its hard to go past that
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:16 pm

My post didn't post. Weird. Was TL;DR anyway. Fergo and Copley were my first picks there but I've pretty much settled on CLaw and Auva'a, Gutherson and Henry
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:18 pm

mango wrote:This is the first time that I've been involved in an organised league comp, and from what I can see, there's a bit of work that's gone into it.

Well done to those that put it all together Clap

Can't wait for it to start and I'm looking forward to all the banter and shit stirring that goes with it  Excited  Dance

It's been a pleasure thus far having yourself and the other new posters on here this year mango. Most that stay with us long term are those that can have a joke and a bit of banter without getting insulted or taking it too far. Also, being a Tigers supporter makes you a deadset top bloke automatically Very Happy

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:12 pm