NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8 - Page 29 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:06 am

Would it be worth dropping BLawrence down to JSafiti if named to start, in order to get Barba into the squad??
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8 - Page 29 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8

Post by Johnny B Goode Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:14 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Only problem with this is you could be stuck with guys like Chee-Kam and Moga who were talked up all preseason in years past and then didn't even play a single game of first grade

Well you can still end up with a John Palavi or Rory O'Brien. I didn't fall into the O'Brien trap but oh how I was screwed with picking Palavi and not Ma'u. I never even traded him out, he was worth so little I never found trading him out worth it and so Palavi stayed on my bench the whole year.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:20 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:I definitely think i will go with that tip from greenmachine about rookie forwards. Have been playing with my team endlessly this evening but it all comes down to who is named in those team lists really.

I didnt start last year with any of the guys like Bird and Coote and went with Lee and Nabuli because i knew they would be on the field. Lesson learned there.

Problem is what if you pick guys like Daniel Saifiti and Josh Aloiai because they are named round 1, and then they get ditched by round 2 or 3. You need to have a good idea of job security as well as just seeing a cheap guy on the bench
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:23 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Would it be worth dropping BLawrence down to JSafiti if named to start, in order to get Barba into the squad??

It will definitely be worth getting J Saifiti in your team.

If you drop BLawrence for him does that mean J Saifiti would be in your 17? As that is not a sure fire strategy
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:36 am

J Bromwich, M Cooper, A Woods or J Graham? I'd always aim to have Bromwich at some point but I don't think he's likely to increase in value, Cooper is DPP and starting at Lock could mean tons of tackles while Woods and Graham are slightly underpriced.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:40 am

Milchcow wrote:

It will definitely be worth getting J Saifiti in your team.

If you drop BLawrence for him does that mean J Saifiti would be in your 17? As that is not a sure fire strategy

was thinking Taylor would be my 4th reserve
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:41 am

jeez, you miss alot on this thread if you're away for a day or two. been a fun morning read to start the week of work.

-pearce is meeting the board early this week, we should know his punishment before the season kicks off.

-that knights team is legit, but milchow said above, some of those guys could disappear very quickly. brown is obviously taking a hard stance but the players he's dropped can earn their way into the team pretty quickly. also, if knights get flogged his hand will be forced to make more changes.

-cant wait til TLT, but i dont think it will resolve most peoples questions haha

-also i just read an article where moeroa wants watbro's 13 spot for the year. what i find interesting is that he said he was targeting origin for this year. high hopes for the kid! re his shoulder - it cant be operated on but they've spent all off season building up extra muscle around the tendons so his shoulder is more resilient.

Last edited by my tv broke on Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:41 am

Johnny B Goode wrote:J Bromwich, M Cooper, A Woods or J Graham? I'd always aim to have Bromwich at some point but I don't think he's likely to increase in value, Cooper is DPP and starting at Lock could mean tons of tackles while Woods and Graham are slightly underpriced.

I think you summed up the pros and cons perfectly. I've got graham, as you say slightly underpriced, no origin, good byes
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:42 am

Johnny B Goode wrote:J Bromwich, M Cooper, A Woods or J Graham? I'd always aim to have Bromwich at some point but I don't think he's likely to increase in value, Cooper is DPP and starting at Lock could mean tons of tackles while Woods and Graham are slightly underpriced.

I have gone Aaron Woods as I think he is the most underpriced. Mike Cooper has potential but I'd like to see a couple of games first to see how it goes

James Graham interests me but I have concerns over injury

Post by Guest Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:43 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

was thinking Taylor would be my 4th reserve
    Massive risk there. Id much rather someone like Grant etc
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:45 am

i like Cooper and Woods from those 4, simply because Bromwich will have to score more tries to improve his avg, his work rate is already massive and so are his minutes don't think he had any injury affected games last year to bring his avg down? Graham starting to accumulate injuries...Cooper has a chance to get an expanded role and minutes with no Merrin and Woods had a few injury affected games and was averaging around 55 before origin last year, Woods and Cooper for me for potential increase, JBrom the Safest
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:47 am

Finger Puppet Mafia wrote:hey guys have the codes for league 5 been sent out yet?

Not to everyone. Apparently PM in here is very precise as far as cap letters in names etc. So a bunch of us have been missed. But I have full faith in our EMO hipster captain.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:52 am

Bren wrote:
    Massive risk there. Id much rather someone like Grant etc

Team atm is

Seggy, Lichaa
    Surgess, Grant, Evans, BLaw
    Merrin, SST, Cartwright, LAM, Leuluai, Bhana
    DCE, Hastings, Taylor, JNikorima
    Aubbs, CLaw, Auvaa, Henry
    Mansour, Gordon, Feeney, Mitchell, Gutherson

Dropping BLaw will probably ruin the balance quite a bit so will need to think a bit

Another option could be to go Surgess to Cooper and Merrin to Woods and then use that can to upgrade Henry to Barba via Gutherson. It never ends lol

Last edited by Liverpool_Bulldog on Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
    GoingNuts
    GoingNuts

Post by GoingNuts Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:56 am

If there are several notable cheap 2NF cashies tomorrow is anyone thinking of running with two or are you still sticking with one cashie, and leaving your Guns & undervalued Midranges in place?

Post by Guest Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:06 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

Team atm is

Seggy, Lichaa
    Surgess, Grant, Evans, BLaw
    Merrin, SST, Cartwright, LAM, Leuluai, Bhana
    DCE, Hastings, Taylor, JNikorima
    Aubbs, CLaw, Auvaa, Henry
    Mansour, Gordon, Feeney, Mitchell, Gutherson

Dropping BLaw will probably ruin the balance quite a bit so will need to think a bit
    Yeah that looks better. Im seriously considering NAS rather then Blaw.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:08 am

GoingNuts wrote:If there are several notable cheap 2NF cashies tomorrow is anyone thinking of running with two or are you still sticking with one cashie, and leaving your Guns &  undervalued Midranges in place?

I will be likely be running with 2 cheap 2RF

J Saifiti, and one of Aloiai/Lueluai/Frei/Bhana/Knight/Henry/whoever else turns up

Just have to take a punt on who will have the best combination of scores and job security
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:10 am

Bren wrote:

Haha I don't know if I should ask why but I will.
    Why?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:11 am

Bren wrote:

If we got hit with a surpise lockout right now, I'd end up with both of them in my team.

But I think BLaw represents a safer pick. I think he will play 30-40 minutes off the bench and whilst I have hopes that NAS will also get that, Lawrence is more likely to get it, as long as he is fit.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:13 am

So JSaifiti is definitely a 2RF??
    If so that is very good news, a bit of tinkering and I can have him in the squad as a NPR and have Barba if named at FB

Post by Guest Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:17 am

Milchcow wrote:

If we got hit with a surpise lockout right now, I'd end up with both of them in my team.

But I think BLaw represents a safer pick. I think he will play 30-40 minutes off the bench and whilst I have hopes that NAS will also get that, Lawrence is more likely to get it, as long as he is fit.
    I guess its just a gut feeling. As someone else mentioned if you have a gut feeling then just go with it, so thats what Im doing.

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 5:09 am