NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Supercoach 2022

NRL Supercoach 2022 - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2022

Post by Guest Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:25 pm

easytiger wrote:I Captained beans which seems good (the first player I've had tonne up in my team).

I was looking at the most traded in players that I don't have, and despite using 3 trades, I've only bought in 1 of the top 6.

Which leads me to the question, are the general masses that play SC any good? Have I become a Matt of SC?

Did many people on here use one of their trade boosts?

From my years of playing most just trade in the ones with the best BEs. I'll be using my boost this week.
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:52 am

WT2K wrote:

From my years of playing most just trade in the ones with the best BEs. I'll be using my boost this week.

Yeah, I'm looking at good BEs and how sustainable their scoring is - I'm guessing with a 3 round formula that a good BE can turn around pretty quickly.
    sajjos
    sajjos

Post by sajjos Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:14 am

I play all three as well.
    I find it hard not to use my NRL Fantasy bias on Supercoach.
    But considering I spend only 5-10 minutes on this compared to the whole week on Fantasy the rank has always been within the top 10%.
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:07 am

sajjos wrote:I play all three as well.
    I find it hard not to use my NRL Fantasy bias on Supercoach.
    But considering I spend only 5-10 minutes on this compared to the whole week on Fantasy the rank has always been within the top 10%.

Yeah, if I end up enjoying doing supercoach on top of NRL Fantasy then I might revisit the original.

At the moment SC feels like the T20 equivalent of fantasy with more trades, more points for attacking plays etc
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:26 pm

easytiger wrote:

Yeah, if I end up enjoying doing supercoach on top of NRL Fantasy then I might revisit the original.

At the moment SC feels like the T20 equivalent of fantasy with more trades, more points for attacking plays etc

Interesting comments ET.

Does anyone remember the old Foxsports Fantasy from about a decade ago? IIRC Foxsports used to have their own fantasy games for NRL, AFL, and EPL, which all worked like the current FPL (Fantasy Premier League). It was a simple game, and fun to play. I would call that the T20 version of fantasy.

VSDT and SC have virtually the same level of functional difficulty, and they are much more complex to play than FPL. I haven't tried NRLF since 2016, so I can't compare it's complexity with VSDT/SC. I would be interested to hear people's opinions.
    sajjos
    sajjos

Post by sajjos Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:56 am

Had activated Hynes V/C loop and at this stage, unless Payne scores less than 70, its a failure. Lost on Jking score of 81. It would have worked a treat if I had dropped Penisini instead.
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:40 am

sajjos wrote:Had activated Hynes V/C loop and at this stage, unless Payne scores less than 70, its a failure. Lost on Jking score of 81. It would have worked a treat if I had dropped Penisini instead.

Fortunately? I've only just read up on the SC loop today.
    It seems like something that would be more effective towards the end of the season (when you may have better quality AEs and maybe more favorably placed NPRs) than at the start?
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:40 am

I seem to be traveling much better this week than the first two.
    I wish I could say the same for NRLF
    sajjos
    sajjos

Post by sajjos Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:03 am

easytiger wrote:

Fortunately? I've only just read up on the SC loop today.
    It seems like something that would be more effective towards the end of the season (when you may have better quality AEs and maybe more favorably placed NPRs) than at the start?

yeah, you get more chances of the loop working if you know your chances of getting 8 from AE is minimal.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:05 am

Simon Templar wrote:

Interesting comments ET.

Does anyone remember the old Foxsports Fantasy from about a decade ago? IIRC Foxsports used to have their own fantasy games for NRL, AFL, and EPL, which all worked like the current FPL (Fantasy Premier League). It was a simple game, and fun to play. I would call that the T20 version of fantasy.

VSDT and SC have virtually the same level of functional difficulty, and they are much more complex to play than FPL. I haven't tried NRLF since 2016, so I can't compare it's complexity with VSDT/SC. I would be interested to hear people's opinions.

I preferred the foxsports version to any of the current implementations.

The first couple of seasons were brutal though. The had no subs. So if one of your players didn't play, you copped a zero.
    4 trades a week (and 6 for origin) meant you could just about keep up, but man it was hard.

Last season or 2 before they dies they at least gave you some subs in case someone didn't play.

The most bizarre thing was when they had coaches, who would give you 5 points if their team won. But they were priced roughly the same as actual players, who would score 40-50 points if they did well. So there was no reason to do anything other than buy the cheapest coach.

Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:49 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I preferred the foxsports version to any of the current implementations.

The first couple of seasons were brutal though. The had no subs. So if one of your players didn't play, you copped a zero.
    4 trades a week (and 6 for origin) meant you could just about keep up, but man it was hard.

Last season or 2 before they dies they at least gave you some subs in case someone didn't play.

The most bizarre thing was when they had coaches, who would give you 5 points if their team won. But they were priced roughly the same as actual players, who would score 40-50 points if they did well. So there was no reason to do anything other than buy the cheapest coach.

I started playing Dream Team in 2009, and I think I started Foxsports Fantasy in 2010.

I remember the 4 trades per round, but not the zero subs. I don't remember coaches being included in squads. When did they have that? Before 2010?

It would be good if someone could re-create an FPL-style game for NRL. It would be a fun side game for serious players, and it would be less complicated/more accessible/more engaging than VSDT/SC/NRLF for casual players.
    Rooster Booster
    Rooster Booster

Post by Rooster Booster Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:17 am

Simon Templar wrote:Is anyone playing all 3 formats, SC, VSDT, and NRLF?

Yep, all in.

Is there any other comps out there ?
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:05 pm

Rooster Booster wrote:

Yep, all in.

Is there any other comps out there ?

@Darkknight used to play a Sportsbet version about 10 years ago, which was provided by Virtual Sports, but I think that's long gone.

Is NRL CEO still around? I've never played it and I don't know anything about it.

Milch and I have already been discussing the now-defunct Foxsports game. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any other versions of NRL fantasy.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:19 pm

If Clifford was going well then I'd wait on Cleary. But he's going average and I have the bank to do it in one trade, so away we go with that
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:41 pm

Haven't thought much about Cleary in this format. I'm trading out Crichton and I guess I could build a fund, but Sexton and Schnieder currently doing well enough that I haven't torn my team apart to get Hynes, or Cleary now. I'll look into it when the time comes, but letting it slide for now.
    Rooster Booster
    Rooster Booster

Post by Rooster Booster Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:50 am

Simon Templar wrote:

@Darkknight used to play a Sportsbet version about 10 years ago, which was provided by Virtual Sports, but I think that's long gone.

Is NRL CEO still around? I've never played it and I don't know anything about it.

Milch and I have already been discussing the now-defunct Foxsports game. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any other versions of NRL fantasy.

Yeah the Sportsbet game has been gone for a few years now, I really enjoyed that comp, they only have a tipping comp now.

Channel 9 also ran a pretty basic comp a few years ago and there was also another comp that came out which was similar to SB if I remember correctly and it was also very enjoyable but I think it only lasted one if not two years, all the regulars from here were on it so maybe someone could jog my memory on that one.
    Hannah2
    Hannah2

Post by Hannah2 Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:26 pm

I'm struggling with trades. Does anyone know if Cam McInnes coming back will affect Brailey's mins? I'm disappointed with Randall, and Grant as my main hooker has only played 1 from 3 rounds, so not reliable
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:05 pm

me too. Currently have amone and bully out for dearden and wilton
    Hannah2
    Hannah2

Post by Hannah2 Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:17 pm

@Clack Bocks
    I'm torn over Wilton, he's been so good, but will he return to bench when Graham returns? I guess he'll make heaps of money before that. I need to get rid of Crichton, and I have Momoisea. Problems everywhere!
    JustHerefortheBreakEvens
    JustHerefortheBreakEvens

Post by JustHerefortheBreakEvens Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:20 pm

Rooster Booster wrote:

Yeah the Sportsbet game has been gone for a few years now, I really enjoyed that comp, they only have a tipping comp now.

Channel 9 also ran a pretty basic comp a few years ago and there was also another comp that came out which was similar to SB if I remember correctly and it was also very enjoyable but I think it only lasted one if not two years, all the regulars from here were on it so maybe someone could jog my memory on that one.

last year of Sportsbet fantasy was 2014 was sad it ended!

nothing beats the first years of Sportal where points for goals were only given to your selected kicker....ahhh the decisions JT, Parker, Hasim or Lyon

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:55 am