NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Rd 16 discussion - and maybe a bit of final team planning?

Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Rd 16 discussion - and maybe a bit of final team planning? Empty Rd 16 discussion - and maybe a bit of final team planning?

Post by Jele Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:34 pm

Better week for the team - 1,153 for the round, up to 4,937th overall.  11 trades left, $116k in the bank.

Rd 16 discussion - and maybe a bit of final team planning? Screen34
    filthridden
    filthridden

Rd 16 discussion - and maybe a bit of final team planning? Empty Re: Rd 16 discussion - and maybe a bit of final team planning?

Post by filthridden Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:15 am

Chopping Block:

Watson
    Brailey
    Hynes
    Matterson

?
    Jele
    Jele

Rd 16 discussion - and maybe a bit of final team planning? Empty Re: Rd 16 discussion - and maybe a bit of final team planning?

Post by Jele Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:08 pm

cheers Filth.  Hoping to use this break to get some discussions going about final team planning.  Some questions to ponder:

- how many keepers to do we have?  Haas, Harris, Crichton, Cleary, Moses, Peachey, Bird, Tedesco, Turbo for sure.  I'd probably include Matterson, Watson, Fogarty, Walsh, SJ and maybe Schuster in there too.  So that's somewhere between 9 and 15 final team players, with a clear gap at hooker...

- how many round 17 players? Harris, CHN, SJ, Verrills, Schuster, Suaalii, Walsh (maybe)

- are there other round 17 players worth picking up?  AFB, Lolo, RTS (with no Walsh), Thompson, Jackson, Taupau

- who are the priority upgrades before round 17? Hynes (especially if he gets named on the bench in Rd 16?), Brailey, Jones (maybe), for me Matterson and Watson less so

- who should we upgrade after round 17?  CHN, Verrills, Suaalii

- how many trades do we want to keep for the run home????
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:12 am

My rambling thoughts:

I'd add CHN as a potential keeper to that list. So maybe 16 keepers (admittedly a lot are fringe but there are some guns (Cleary, Fifita, Turbo etc.) and then there's a 2nd tier (Tohu, Crichton, DCE etc.) then its really close in that next 3rd tier.)

Players I think we need to get in:

Fifita (rd 18 or 19 pending origin 3)
    DCE (rd 18)
    Papy or Ponga (as soon as either is healthy)

Everything else is really fringe in terms of being a gun upgrade and is more of a luxury.

Watson, Walsh, Fogarty, Jones and Hynes could all go. There's enough cash there already to afford those upgrades with 2 sub 300k players coming in.

Then you get the luxury upgrades:

Brailey to A "gun" hooker............ (Mahoney, Hunt or Cook -> maybe Grant if he gets the starting spot locked down) - I'll admit this is a luxury on season averages but is probably more a neccessity based on recent form.
    Schuster -> Jarome Hughes or more hooker coverage??????
    Verrills/Suaalii to a decent 18th man (Averillo)

Thats probably 600k + of upgrades we can't afford without Verills/Suaalii catching fire......

We also probably want Lolo and Averillo pre 17......... (so +1 trade and cash for Lolo or +2 trades to get him in and out)

Thats 5 must make trade trades (or 4 if we are happy with Walsh over Papy/Ponga),  + 1/2 more for Lolo + 4 luxury trades.

Leaves 0/1 trades left. Probably not enough so we may need to compromise on the guns we bring in. I'll wait for rd16 team lists to start tinkering.......
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:20 am

Cheers Ranta.  Fogarty is a lineball one for me - last four games his kick metres have dropped off significantly, and only those two tries against the Roosters boosted his scores.  That said, Titans will surely make some changes next round so that might have an impact on his fantasy production.

I agree that Fifita is a priority.  DCE and Papy/Ponga perhaps one rung down. I see upgrading Brailey (maybe to Mahoney) as possibly more urgent. Hughes would be great, but that might be one HLF too many when we might need some HOK and MID cover. 

Anyway, here is one possible set of 8 trades, leaving 3 spare for the final 6 rounds (dependent on when Papy suits up):

TradeRdTrade outPriceTrade inPriceBalance
    116Brailey         622 Mahoney         668            70
    217Jones         355 Depth         250          175
    317Watson         579 Lolo         618          136
    417Fogarty         652 Depth         250          538
    518Hynes         728 DCE         864          402
    619Suaalii         283 Depth         250          435
    719Schuster         587 Fifita         865          157
    820Walsh         576 Papy         800           -67

We'd be $67k short, so would depend on Lolo, DCE, Fifita and Papy losing a bit of coin and there being three worthwhile depth pickups at an average of $250k.  We could replace Lolo for AFB or Papy for Ponga for example (or even hold Walsh to save a trade), although Papy *should* drop a bit of cash in his first game or two back.

I've left out Averillo for $714k, given we have two decent centres at the moment, but can see a case for him too.  i'd personally rather an AFB or Lolo for $100-200k less, or a Fifita/Papy/DCE for $75-150k more...

That would give us a final team of:

Mahoney
    Haas Lolo/AFB Crichton
    Fifita Matterson
    Cleary DCE
    Bird Peachey
    Teddy Turbo Walsh/Papy/Ponga

Harris CHN Johnson Moses
    Verrills Depth Depth Depth

That would leave Verrills as 18th man, so could be worth an upgrade if trades and prices allow.  But he would also be our only HOK backup.  We'd also ideally want WFB and CTR backup in 18-21.

Interested in thoughts?
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:00 am

Hooker is a real hard one.
    No one is putting up their hand as a must have.
    I’m hoping the weeks rest followed by another rest in rd 17 will freshen up Brailey.
    Watson and Schuster with DPP I see as terrific value as bench players. Both keepers for me.
    Those 2, along with a DPP FRF/2RF (I have Koloamatangi), covers HOK, MID (X2), EDG (X2) and HLF.
    Matterson is probably more of an issue with his frequent rests after 60 mins.
    With cash in the bank would it be worth going Matterson to IPap?
    Cashing out Jones when he peaks should facilitate a Hynes to Pappy/Ponga upgrade.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:24 am

Hooker, I'd grab Cook after Origin
    $699k at the moment, and not likely to shoot up. Means keeping Watson or Brailey short term
    (or trade next week if Cook backs up)

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:36 am

IMO main upgrades to prioritise for final 17 are
    Brailey, Watson, Hynes, Schuster to Fifita, Cook (or other gun Hooker), Taumalolo and WFB3

In forwards, we want to keep Tohu, Crichton, Haas unless injured.
    Matterson is a luxury upgrade if we can

Halves - we keep Cleary. We probably keep Moses and Johnson
    Fogarty to DCE would be a possible upgrade but I think its lower priority than others

Bird and Peachey fine in the centres

Teddy and Trbo fine at WFB
    Maybe we can play Walsh. Pappy or Ponga best upgrades if we go that way
    Hynes will get traded out, probably soon, even if Pappy not back as he's likely to start dropping cash

Guys to upgrade to
    Fifita is main target. maybe Schuster to Fifita after origin with a downgrade
    I like Cook as hooker as just posted
    Taumalolo I think will be too cheap to ignore as R17 player

Will have to downgrade CHN or Walsh to get cash, hopefully that's enough. Maybe Brodie Jones might make enough to use for a cash out
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:39 pm

Edit to previous post.

I was getting confused between the community team and my own.
    Fifita is definitely the main priority at present.
    Cantbeatwinners
    Cantbeatwinners

Post by Cantbeatwinners Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:21 am

Cleary is now going to be the big call, ditch or stick dependant on severity of injury.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:00 pm

We really want some more info before deciding ditch or keep.

11 trades, I think 4 weeks or more and we trade him.

Was likely to miss 1-2 anyway,even if for, and noone would think of trading him for that
    Cantbeatwinners
    Cantbeatwinners

Post by Cantbeatwinners Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:29 pm

Burton could be an option as a trade in with cleary being out a few weeks minimum. Doesn't cover round 17, but does give added bonus of covering the centre position moving forward. At least until cleary returns. Or is he priced too middle of the road, 5-600k for a half scores, maybe not to costly
    Cantbeatwinners
    Cantbeatwinners

Post by Cantbeatwinners Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:33 pm

Just checked out Burton price, $609000, quite a fee. Obviously depends on the cleary verdict
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:43 am

So, Cleary 4-6 weeks out could mean him missing 3-5 games (with the Rd 17 bye). Personally struggling to justify trading him out with almost all of the main targets not playing Rd 17 and a question mark to backup in Rd 18 from origin.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:09 am

I think we would have been prepared for Cleary to miss 2 of the next 3 weeks anyway

4 weeks would be a hold. 6 weeks if maybe getting to trade territory. Also depends how fit he is when he returns.

I think include him as a possible trade option in the poll and see what the community says

Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:50 am

yeah, will try and make enough sense of it all for a poll. Lots of names in the mix for trading in and out.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:57 pm