NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Community Team, starting team reveal

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Community Team, starting team reveal Empty Community Team, starting team reveal

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:23 am

Jake Turpin
    Connor Watson, Tino Fa'asuamaleaui, Matthew Lodge
    David Fifita, Jordan Riki
    Nathan Cleary, Lachlan Lam
    Jack Bird, James Roberts
    James Tedesco, Ryan Papenhuyzen, Daine Laurie

Angus Crichton, Jayden Brailey, Jacob Liddle, Lachlan Croker

Tex Hoy, Stefano Utoikamanu, Jake Averillo, Tesi Niu

$64k in the bank I think.

If we don't want Jake Averillo, then Matt Moylan becomes a straight swap (we have coverage for every position with or without Jake)
    If a middle goes down, we either start Stefano or play without EDG coverage,. That's probably the weak point at the moment.

Last edited by Milchcow on Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    Welshy
    Welshy

Community Team, starting team reveal Empty Re: Community Team, starting team reveal

Post by Welshy Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:28 am

Great work mate and thanks for efforts again!

Jayden* Brailey
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Community Team, starting team reveal Empty Re: Community Team, starting team reveal

Post by Jele Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:37 am

we're enforcing a rule that all hookers in the squad have to be named Jacob or a derivative thereof. Milchy was just exploiting a little known loophole by changing Brailey's first name.

Looking at the team, we'll have to vote on captain and probably WFB (Hoy vs Laurie, echoes of Host vs Lawrie). Captaincy will need to be done today, the other can wait.

And possibly bench as well. How do people feel about running Croker at 17?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:38 am

Welshy wrote:Great work mate and thanks for efforts again!

Jayden* Brailey

As someone who didn't include first names in his votes and made me type them all in manually, I choose to ignore that dig at me
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:38 am

Team turned out about how I expected

Think we need polls for captain, WFB 3 with the rest self explanatory unless some want Averillo starting
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:39 am

Jele wrote:we're enforcing a rule that all hookers in the squad have to be named Jacob or a derivative thereof.  Milchy was just exploiting a little known loophole by changing Brailey's first name.

Looking at the team, we'll have to vote on captain and probably WFB (Hoy vs Laurie, echoes of Host vs Lawrie).  Captaincy will need to be done today, the other can wait.

And possibly bench as well.  How do people feel about running Croker at 17?

While Croker has the job I probably wouldn't choose one of the others over him, but happy to go to a vote
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:40 am

Milchcow wrote:

As someone who didn't include first names in his votes and made me type them all in manually, I choose to ignore that dig at me
    No dig, genuinely and apologies I didn’t re send incorrect format
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:59 am

Good work guys.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:49 am

Excellent work
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:47 am

Milchcow wrote:
    Welshy wrote:Great work mate and thanks for efforts again!

Jayden* Brailey

lol! lol! lol!
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:11 am

Jele wrote:we're enforcing a rule that all hookers in the squad have to be named Jacob or a derivative thereof.  Milchy was just exploiting a little known loophole by changing Brailey's first name.

Looking at the team, we'll have to vote on captain and probably WFB (Hoy vs Laurie, echoes of Host vs Lawrie).  Captaincy will need to be done today, the other can wait.

And possibly bench as well.  How do people feel about running Croker at 17?

Agree need polls on captain and WFB3

I think I would run Croker @ 17, but could poll between Croker and the loser of the WFB3 vote for the final spot?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:36 am

The team looks solid. Should be in for a good season.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:23 am

My main concern with Croker is his ongoing job security (ie replaced by Cust in the next couple of weeks)

If he is starting for Manly I am perfectly happy having him in the 17.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:27 am

Milchcow wrote:
    My main concern with Croker is his ongoing job security (ie replaced by Cust in the next couple of weeks)

If he is starting for Manly I am perfectly happy having him in the 17.
    Creates a huge hole at 17 if he loses starting big minute hooker. In my own team I wouldn't want that risk, given what is in 18-21.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:39 am

If Croker is unviable after this week there are guys like Moylan, Alvaro, Fuimaono, Gosiewski, Hetherington, Leniu, Host , Remiss Smith that are around that price bracket.

Plenty of options, and we'll have had a week to look at them to see who looks good.

If Croker is out, always possible one of mattnz's favourites, Schuster, will be in the mix.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:43 am

Milchcow wrote:
    If Croker is unviable after this week there are guys like Moylan, Alvaro, Fuimaono, Gosiewski, Hetherington, Leniu, Host , Remiss Smith that are around that price bracket.

Plenty of options, and we'll have had a week to look at them to see who looks good.

If Croker is out, always possible one of mattnz's favourites, Schuster, will be in the mix.
    Yeah but very few of these are worthy of the 17 spot. Alvaro or Fui if getting minutes could reach 40+. No confidence in the rest.
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:49 pm

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:20 pm

Do we need to have a vote on what to do if Averillo is out?

Moylan is the most popular player we can straight swap to, but if Averillo wasn't an option to vote for other people might have voted for someone else

We might even be happy to ride with Averillo for a week if he drops out this week.
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:41 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Do we need to have a vote on what to do if Averillo is out?

Moylan is the most popular player we can straight swap to, but if Averillo wasn't an option to vote for other people might have voted for someone else

We might even be happy to ride with Averillo for a week if he drops out this week.

Worth a discussion for sure. It would be most of the guys you listed above - Moylan, Alvaro, Fuimaono, Gosiewski, Hetherington, Leniu, Host , R.Smith - I guess. Some of them might be better for team balance than Averillo anyway...
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:46 pm

disappointed that the Milf didn't make it Crying or Very sad

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:00 pm