NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5

Cake Tiger
    Cake Tiger

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5 - Page 45 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5

Post by Cake Tiger Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:33 am

GreenMachine wrote:Fanatics noob here. When I go to fantasy thread already logged in, any quick way of jumping to particular page, OR end of thread, without posting? (On mobile)

This site is much easier to navigate on a phone if you ditch the mobile version of the site. Try and get your browser to default to the desktop version (check the options on your browser) - the mobile site is glitchy and a bit painful to use.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5 - Page 45 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:35 am

Warriors wrote:For those that are picking Sam Burgess, I get he will most probably get 70 minutes but please convince me why I should get him.
    Priced at an average off 55 is quite steep for someone out of the game for a year. Has fantasy scoring changed since he last played and averaged 62 minutes, re tackle breaks and offloads etc

I'm still torn on picking Surgess for his upside or Mike Cooper for his bankable points. The attacking stats he had in his last season were ridiculous. With Te'o and Luke now missing from that pack and Walker from the backs I don't see Souths being the same team. With the attacking stats down and more teams keying in on him as their biggest weapon I think he averages 50-55 during the first 6 weeks instead of the 60 some are predicting. However his 42% ownership terrifies me

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:41 am

SoylentGreen wrote:@Bren

Your man Opacic is in the system now

Sweet as. He is a fair shot of getting a gig while Reed is out. The other alternative is Kahu to CTR and Eden onto the wing.
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:43 am

Continuing on the Surgess theme, which of these options looks better?

Parker + JDB or Surgess + Merrin
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:51 am

SoylentGreen wrote:Continuing on the Surgess theme, which of these options looks better?

Parker + JDB or Surgess + Merrin

JDB and Merrin and use the money elsewhere!
    User Name
    User Name

Post by User Name Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:10 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

I'm still torn on picking Surgess for his upside or Mike Cooper for his bankable points. The attacking stats he had in his last season were ridiculous. With Te'o and Luke now missing from that pack and Walker from the backs I don't see Souths being the same team. With the attacking stats down and more teams keying in on him as their biggest weapon I think he averages 50-55 during the first 6 weeks instead of the 60 some are predicting. However his 42% ownership terrifies me

I do not think I agree about Surgess suffering because the team is not as strong or teams targeting him more. I think he is the type of fantasy player that does not rely on his teams success to score well (Gallen, Merrin ect.). I think he was already targeted as Souths best forward and still scored well.

I am more concerned about his adjustment back to the NRL taking more than a few games. I think he has the talent, toughness and heart that makes him less of a risk to score around 55 at the start of the season and improve as it progresses.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:24 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

I'm just going to say Hindmarsh. Played for a average team & everyone targeted him but he's fantasy royalty. Sometimes it can be more beneficial playing in a team where you have to do all the work yourself. I'm still deciding between Surgess & Parker myself but Surgess has the benefit of being cheaper & a npr while although I'd love to get Parker he's pretty expensive. Early in the season not a lot of middle forwards will play 80 as match fitness takes 3-4 games.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:32 am

White Lightning wrote:

I'm just going to say Hindmarsh. Played for a average team & everyone targeted him but he's fantasy royalty. Sometimes it can be more beneficial playing in a team where you have to do all the work yourself. I'm still deciding between Surgess & Parker myself but Surgess has the benefit of being cheaper & a npr while although I'd love to get Parker he's pretty expensive. Early in the season not a lot of middle forwards will play 80 as match fitness takes 3-4 games.

Difference is Hindmarsh was a lock for 40-50 tackles a week where Burgess relies on run metres and attacking stats
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:48 am

@ Soylentgreen. Sorry bro but I stole your Vaughan pick so now our frf's are identical.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:02 am

and stream for charity shield?

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:14 am

Anyone watching the Charity Shield? Did they lube the ball up or something, players can't seem to hold onto it.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:15 am

Knights lineup for each quarter tonight.

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5 - Page 45 CbE6JquUUAA_4K_
    Speedball Deluxe
    Speedball Deluxe

Post by Speedball Deluxe Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:27 am

Don't normally swear on here, keeping it classy, but, fuck I'm enjoying this charity shield game! Got a few beers under my belt, 20 bucks on the dragons, but most of all got plenty of potential fantasy recruits to keep an eye on!! BRING IT! haha.
    Showbags
    Showbags

Post by Showbags Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:32 am

Anyone have a stream for Charity Shield? been looking for one but had no luck
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:39 am

Showbags wrote:Anyone have a stream for Charity Shield? been looking for one but had no luck

I can't even get a radio stream to work and am losing my shit......gonna need some good reporting from the lads here!
    Speedball Deluxe
    Speedball Deluxe

Post by Speedball Deluxe Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:47 am

SportAL wrote:

I can't even get a radio stream to work and am losing my shit......gonna need some good reporting from the lads here!

K. Mann. Looks good at fullback, but has had a couple of unlucky errors.
    D. Cooke. Fast for hooker, looks super keen, came on with a great impact.
    B. Creagh. Off with potential concussion/neck injury.

Not too much else to report as of now. 2nd half in progress.
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:55 am

Speedball Deluxe wrote:

K. Mann. Looks good at fullback, but has had a couple of unlucky errors.
    D. Cooke. Fast for hooker, looks super keen, came on with a great impact.
    B. Creagh. Off with potential concussion/neck injury.

Not too much else to report as of now. 2nd half in progress.

Excellent, thanks! Wouldn't mind a run down on Lafai, LAM, JDB, Packer and Auvaa if they do anything spectacular / shithouse....
    Speedball Deluxe
    Speedball Deluxe

Post by Speedball Deluxe Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:11 am

SportAL wrote:

Excellent, thanks! Wouldn't mind a run down on Lafai, LAM, JDB, Packer and Auvaa if they do anything spectacular / shithouse....

Lafai, has done nothing. I think maybe 1 or 2 straight forward carries.
    LAM nothing out of the ordinary, goods mins but to be expected.
    JDB, nothing special hasn't really been involved much tbh.
    Packer. Safe carries, hasn't looked for offloads, a couple of missed tackles, but ok.
    Auvaa coming off bench, hasn't really done much.

EDIT: Auva'a just cored a try, one of his first touches.
    Feline
    Feline

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5 - Page 45 Empty Talent Team Time

Post by Feline Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:12 am

Here is my new team at the moment

Feel free to discuss its merits

HOK: Segeyaro & Parcell

FRF: Mannah, Ah Mau, Trbojevic & Packer

2RF: S. Burgess, Mannering, Taukehino, Rochow, K. Edwards & Chee-Kam

HLF: Norman, Hastings, Barba & Taylor

CTR; Ferguson & Lafai

WFB: Gordon, Slater, Mamo, Phillips & Opacic

Trying to go for value in all positions and see some price rises around the park

Captain Mannering & VC Segeyaro / Burgess

Reserves: Trbojevic, Packer, K. Edwards & Rochow

Seems pretty solid to me Smile
    Speedball Deluxe
    Speedball Deluxe

Post by Speedball Deluxe Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:19 am

Lafai knock on close to try line. Hasn't had too many opportunities though.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:56 pm