NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5 - Page 44 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:46 pm

Loomer wrote:Thoughts on Lane at Bulldogs. Minutes average etc

Didnt Sherex go down injured or something and thats why Lane saw more minutes? Hard to tell since Trex goes missing in games so often.

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5 - Page 44 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:50 pm

Warriors wrote:

I have a feeling you are taking the piss and know the "Remember where you hear it first" is not my words. Copy pasted from the Lurker haha Smile

I thought you were taking the piss with the "remember where you heard it first" so I was just doing the same thing Laughing
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:51 pm

I read a rumour recently that Bulldogs might release T-Rex before season starts but can't find it online. Any one else heard this?

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:57 pm

Loomer wrote:I read a rumour recently that Bulldogs might release T-Rex before season starts but can't find it online. Any one else heard this?
    There are no takers at this point in time. Clubs surely dont have the salary cap to fit him in either unless he comes heavily subsidized. Not to mention his form the past few years has been terrible.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:06 pm

Bren wrote:
    There are no takers at this point in time. Clubs surely dont have the salary cap to fit him in either unless he comes heavily subsidized. Not to mention his form the past few years has been terrible.

So isn't there a chance Lane gets promoted ahead of Trex?
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:08 pm

I'm thinking of running with these 4 mid-rangers as my frf. The beauty of this is that I can have Taylor as a npr instead of my 4th reserve as I can use the money elsewhere.

Ah Mau, Grant, Stockwell, Lawrence. They should all score in the low 40's.

Views.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:10 pm

White Lightning wrote:I'm thinking of running with these 4 mid-rangers as my frf. The beauty of this is that I can have Taylor as a npr instead of my 4th reserve as I can use the money elsewhere.

Ah Mau, Grant, Stockwell, Lawrence.

Views.
    Risk v reward mate but nothing ventured nothing gained.  If you have to rely on all 4 and it fails do you really want to be out of the running a month in?  I normally am, but I've learnt to deal with it
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:15 pm

White Lightning wrote:I'm thinking of running with these 4 mid-rangers as my frf. The beauty of this is that I can have Taylor as a npr instead of my 4th reserve as I can use the money elsewhere.

Views.

If it pays off for you it would be great as you could really load up elsewhere with the saved cash. But if they struggle early and some only put up 25-35 then it will be a long way back with cash cows and downgrades to rectify it. Ah Mau I think will score pretty well anyway while the other 3 are gambles on playing time and role. Are you able to field 2 of Grant/Stockwell/Lawrence along with Ah Mau and even a cheaper gun like Woods/Graham/McGuire for at least some security of a gun front rower you could keep for the season
    superbucks
    superbucks

Post by superbucks Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:48 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Looked into this a few years back and there really wasn't an advantage. ~5 points in average between top and bottom team at each position

Fair enough.

In the old point scoring systems this used to have a greater influence. Now with stats like TB's and attacking stats being inflated, general opposition stats might not be as effective.

It's a different story when picking captain though on a week 2 week basis, where you can analyse 1 person individually.
    superbucks
    superbucks

Post by superbucks Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:56 pm

Views.

They all have value so this could be a very good move. Obviously it will improve your team in other areas. I'm bullish about Ah Mau, Grant and Lawrence; not so sure on Stockwell but seems ok.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:12 pm

superbucks wrote:

Fair enough.

In the old point scoring systems this used to have a greater influence. Now with stats like TB's and attacking stats being inflated, general opposition stats might not be as effective.

It's a different story when picking captain though on a week 2 week basis, where you can analyse 1 person individually.

Could be interesting to look at when picking captain yea. Identify teams where opposition hooker scores less or more than their average suggests they should or something like that
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:15 pm

superbucks wrote:

They all have value so this could be a very good move. Obviously it will improve your team in other areas. I'm bullish about Ah Mau, Grant and Lawrence; not so sure on Stockwell but seems ok.

All 4 should make good money & that's the main reason I threw this out there. I feel with Tapine gone & T. Sims suspended that Stockwell could make the starting 13 & will be the one to benefit the most with more minutes. This strategy allows me 2 gun hookers & a couple of guns elsewhere. It also gives 2 options for my 4th reserve. Even if it bombs I have dpp's in my 2fr I could shift there & 2 trades will fix it.
    superbucks
    superbucks

Post by superbucks Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:16 pm

Beast From The Big East wrote:Could be interesting to look at when picking captain yea. Identify teams where opposition hooker scores less or more than their average suggests they should or something like that

It is helpful. JT used to smash the roosters for example. But teams change a bit so it can be hard to keep up with it all.

When a premium half played the titans/tigers/eels I used to get on them.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:21 pm

Fanatics noob here. When I go to fantasy thread already logged in, any quick way of jumping to particular page, OR end of thread, without posting? (On mobile)
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:24 pm

Views.

I have 3 of them at the moment (got Vaughan instead of Grant)
    superbucks
    superbucks

Post by superbucks Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:26 pm

White Lightning wrote:All 4 should make good money & that's the main reason I threw this out there. I feel with Tapine gone & T. Sims suspended that Stockwell could make the starting 13 & will be the one to benefit the most with more minutes. This strategy allows me 2 gun hookers & a couple of guns elsewhere. It also gives 2 options for my 4th reserve. Even if it bombs I have dpp's in my 2fr I could shift there & 2 trades will fix it.

Sounds good for Stockwell as a selection.

I do agree that even without having a premium there you offset this with having more guns elsewhere. At first glance you can view for FRF's as weak because there are no premo's but if you have others elsewhere it should be all good. Premiums can be found anywhere, but you've got to go with the value in the position you can find it. I'm struggling finding where the value is.

I'm more FRF heavy myself with Lawrence my cheapest pick there. In the 2RF I can't see much value in the 150k-300k range, so I'm either running with 2 or 3 x 134k players in that position (the value seems to be in the 300-400k range but in that bracket there isn't much $$$ that can be made). I got 2 gun hookers, 1 gun half, 1 gun WFB and Hurrell at CTR. The rest are 134k players.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:27 pm

superbucks wrote:

It is helpful. JT used to smash the roosters for example. But teams change a bit so it can be hard to keep up with it all.

When a premium half played the titans/tigers/eels I used to get on them.

Yea halves against supposed shit sides have always been favourable POD captaincy options. I'm sure there's a site somewhere for it but if we could get some stats for whether a team prefers to run up through the middle, vs target the edges to make metres it could be something interesting to look at in making captaincy calls
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:30 pm

For those that are picking Sam Burgess, I get he will most probably get 70 minutes but please convince me why I should get him.
    Priced at an average off 55 is quite steep for someone out of the game for a year. Has fantasy scoring changed since he last played and averaged 62 minutes, re tackle breaks and offloads etc
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:30 pm

Beast From The Big East wrote:

Yea halves against supposed shit sides have always been favourable POD captaincy options. I'm sure there's a site somewhere for it but if we could get some stats for whether a team prefers to run up through the middle, vs target the edges to make metres it could be something interesting to look at in making captaincy calls

I used to always captain middle forwards vs the Knights. Gallen, Smith, Fifita, Parker put up some monster scores against them
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:31 pm

@Bren

Your man Opacic is in the system now

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:28 pm