NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 30 - Where the points are made up.

Slug
    Slug

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 30 - Where the points are made up. - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 30 - Where the points are made up.

Post by Slug Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:25 am

I’m bringing in Ted and Walker this week. It’s a matter of who goes. Koloa or Hoy? Thinking Koloa this week and loop Hoy. Trade him next week with Ponga back. Team is this, but I’m playing catch up. Max traded and no $$. Cheers 🐌

Brailey
    Haas, Watson, Cheese
    Fifita, Riki
    Cleary, Walker
    Nui, Walker
    Tedesco, Fatrell, Laurie

Turpin, Liddle, Egan, Schuster

Uto, Moylan, Fui, Hoy

Last edited by Slug on Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 30 - Where the points are made up. - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 30 - Where the points are made up.

Post by wolfking Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:25 am

Milchcow wrote:Quick point based on LAM discussion last thread.

Who is the better pick.

A player who started at $600k, now priced at $450k who has just come into a starting prop role where he might average mid 40’s for the medium term future.

Or a player who started at $350k, now priced at $450k who has just come into a starting prop role where he might average mid 40’s for the medium term future.

If you answered anything other than 'they are the same' you are doing it wrong

If LAM was 450K, I'd seriously consider trading him in for Leniu. 491K is borderline. Seems like your gut is telling you to get him in mate.
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:30 am

I think there's a real chance Schuster gets some attacking stats this week against the Warriors. I would consider Dragons and Warriors edge defence similar and he managed 2 LBs and a TA. He tends to stick out wide on attacking plays and provides a lot of spark as a link man. The past couple weeks against better sides he's been forced to rush stupid flick passes ect. but did come close to creating something a few times. Food for thought anyway. He has a place in my team atm. Playing SOS, Liddle, Schuster and leaving Walker out.
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:33 am

Who scores more:

TU: Egan
    TD: Schuuster
    Reklaw
    Reklaw

Post by Reklaw Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:33 am

ytsb wrote:

Have you considered running the gauntlet and only pull the trigger if one of your Centres go down? You have enough cash ITB to go cashie/middie (Liddle probably) straight to Moses

Interested to see responses to this. I have Roberts/Niu and no centre cover (traded Avo out last week). Thinking about pissing away 100k to turn Simo into Bird and stash Niu down to EMG. I really dont want to be forced looking into centre cover one week when I have other trades I like - cows will be fat soon.
    Drifterspence
    Drifterspence

Post by Drifterspence Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:35 am

Anyone Interested in Freddy Lussick? Should get another 5-6 weeks with the setback to Verrills and if he continues high 30s he should earn close to 150k in that time? Still currently available for under 300k?

Thinking Croker to Lussick?

Post by Guest Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:38 am

Is DCE to Moses a waste of a trade? Banks like 90k and seems to be a better player

Post by Guest Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:39 am

I think with Foran there its taking away some of DCEs responsibilities on field
    Drifterspence
    Drifterspence

Post by Drifterspence Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:43 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:Is DCE to Moses a waste of a trade? Banks like 90k and seems to be a better player

Seems very sideways to me, but this could also be a week DCE gets some attacking stats, but with that being said, Moses could also kill it this week, id hold the trade personally. Turbo coming back could also increase the chance for attacking stats.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:44 am

Drifterspence wrote:Anyone Interested in Freddy Lussick? Should get another 5-6 weeks with the setback to Verrills and if he continues high 30s he should earn close to 150k in that time? Still currently available for under 300k?

Robinson is doing everything he can to avoid giving Lussick big minutes. Treat him how you would a bench hooker wearing number 14
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:44 am

Reklaw wrote:

Interested to see responses to this. I have Roberts/Niu and no centre cover (traded Avo out last week). Thinking about pissing away 100k to turn Simo into Bird and stash Niu down to EMG. I really dont want to be forced looking into centre cover one week when I have other trades I like - cows will be fat soon.

I committed to this approach, running two centres (Roberts and Niu) with no cover when I traded out Avo last week. I'm not going to use a trade on a centre until I have to now (with a Peachey or similar who can help mid too maybe being the only exception). You never know, Niu and Roberts could go 10 weeks without missing a game.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:49 am

easytiger wrote:I need to trade in a Centre, so that I can shift Niu into NPR as dual cover.

I have $566k to spend (oh how I'd like to just grab Tino and sure up my MID with $5k spend - must resist...)

So, hopefully this also helps anyone else deciding on drafting a Centre.

Peachey $544k (pretty much empties the bank with $22k left)
    Should average ~45, so pretty much priced at his average, but unlikely to drop below $500k.
    Has a great injury-free record.
    I'll probably want him for R13 anyway.
    Always a risk to cover in-game injuries in the backline.

Bird $365k (leaves $201k to play with another week)
    Down on Tackles, TBs, with limited Attacking stats so far, while up on MTs.
    He's actually getting the ball more than he did in 2019 where he averaged 43.
    So should average 40ish? but will be more up & down
    Terrible injury record, but so far so good.
    Higher risk, but could gain money or become close enough to Keeper level.
    Also plays R13 (assuming he's fit to play)

C Graham $472k ($94k ITB)
    One of last years gun-centres, now $108k cheaper.
    Averaged 44 last year, but needs tries to get there
    Souths don't have the easiest upcoming draw, and also look like they prefer going down Gagai's edge at the moment.
    Misses R13.

I'm not especially keen on Momirovski or Opacic.

My gut is leaning towards Bird, but my brain says the less exciting Peachey option makes more sense.
    Thoughts?

I grabbed Peachy last week but only because I needed extra cover in MID (like this week) if I didn't I would have grabbed Bird...or if I had two centres run the gauntlet, but I love cover
    Reklaw
    Reklaw

Post by Reklaw Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:51 am

BCT05 wrote:

I committed to this approach, running two centres (Roberts and Niu) with no cover when I traded out Avo last week. I'm not going to use a trade on a centre until I have to now (with a Peachey or similar who can help mid too maybe being the only exception). You never know, Niu and Roberts could go 10 weeks without missing a game.

It's a fair point, bloody centres. Can save one trade and keep staring at Leniu>SOS or Tino. Although I am inclined to give Tino one more week to prove he can do it again.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:51 am

Drifterspence wrote:Anyone Interested in Freddy Lussick? Should get another 5-6 weeks with the setback to Verrills and if he continues high 30s he should earn close to 150k in that time? Still currently available for under 300k?

Funny you mention him today.
    Last night had a look through the injury reports and seen that Verills was set back
    So have had him pencilled in to sit on my bench for 6 weeks
    Think he gets 60-65 mins and scores 35pts + with some upside
    Depending on how he goes may get spelled by Marschke/Keighran/Hutchison so whatever the Roosters do going forward he should get a good run

Was leaning to Tino but decided I would play Ah Mau instead and look at grabbing Taumalolo/Haas over the next few weeks so was looking at a cheapie cashout with some upside
    While Topine looks a good player will be hard to guess how much he plays and a couple of small minutes games will harpoon his score
    Could get 30mins but hard to predict a team thats not scoring points. Sooner than later he will get a shot so will pay more then
    Lussick just needs an injury in the game or a good run to boost his so would rather gamble on that than the unknown bench role

Think he is worth a punt, a good run or try assist and he could make some decent cash, worst case will swap with Verrils when back

Post by Guest Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:53 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Robinson is doing everything he can to avoid giving Lussick big minutes. Treat him how you would a bench hooker wearing number 14

While thats true he would be building up his game fitness, he isn't big but does all the fundamentals right
    The roosters don't have a lot choice to be fair, and he hasn't done anything wrong to change what is currently working

In the interview before the sharks game he mentions he was gassed and needed a breather so think it will be more of the same going forward
    You are the Roosters man, but simply being in a winning team with strike power will give him some opportunites like the odd try/try assist

If he can be a poor mans Liddle then that will be enough, at worst no different than the mid coin goats people frothed over a few weeks ago

Last edited by Boozecluez on Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:57 am; edited 3 times in total
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:53 am

ytsb wrote:

Have you considered running the gauntlet and only pull the trigger if one of your Centres go down? You have enough cash ITB to go cashie/middie (Liddle probably) straight to Moses

Reklaw wrote:

I'm running no CTR cover, and am sleeping very well indeed. The cost of tearing up a trade plan for real guns just to get an extra 25 points if one of your other useless CTRs goes down doesn't make sense long term.

That 100k could turn BS9 into Moses, or a pick up a fallen Ponga.

Screw building up reserves in low-scoring slots - maximise the good bits!
    Drifterspence
    Drifterspence

Post by Drifterspence Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:58 am

Boozecluez wrote:

Funny you mention him today.
    Last night had a look through the injury reports and seen that Verills was set back
    So have had him pencilled in to sit on my bench for 6 weeks
    Think he gets 60-65 mins and scores 35pts + with some upside
    Depending on how he goes may get spelled by Marschke/Keighran/Hutchison so whatever the Roosters do going forward he should get a good run

Was leaning to Tino but decided I would play Ah Mau instead and look at grabbing Taumalolo/Haas over the next few weeks so was looking at a cheapie cashout with some upside
    While Topine looks a good player will be hard to guess how much he plays and a couple of small minutes games will harpoon his score
    Could get 30mins but hard to predict a team thats not scoring points. Sooner than later he will get a shot so will pay more then
    Lussick just needs an injury in the game or a good run to boost his so would rather gamble on that than the unknown bench role

Think he is worth a punt, a good run or try assist and he could make some decent cash, worst case will swap with Verrils when back

I will be pulling the trigger, doing what he has been doing already will earn some good coin.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:01 am

Drifterspence wrote:

I will be pulling the trigger, doing what he has been doing already will earn some good coin.

Well lets see how we go (Unless some crazy cheapie like Blore/Suaalii pops up this week haha)
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:11 am

ytsb wrote:

my tv broke wrote:

I didn't read the original post properly. I prefer this. I wouldn't be grabbing a centre just to have coverage. (i'm playing Niu as it is, don't care)

Thanks, everyone for the thoughts & suggestions

I was happy running the Gauntlet last week and have been considering running it this week (one more week of information to base a decision on), in the short term I can probably get away with it, but I literally have no cover for WFB & CTR and at some point that will bite me in the arse.

The only player I'm prepared to trade right now is Leniu (not desperate to shift him), and four of my back five play after him.
    If there's a late withdrawal this week then I play 16 or I have to trade someone I wasn't intending on trading yet (e.g. looking at you Liddle).

I'm not unhappy with Niu's scores, but would rather use him at dual cover, so I think I'll take the recommendations and Bird's the word.
    Iron Mike
    Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:11 am

I had also just decided to use my second trade this morning on getting lussick - and agree he has $120-150 to make in 4 weeks.

I lose cover but I need to start earning some cash and Simonsson/Averillo have been disappointing. Who would you trade?

TU: Simonsson
    TD: Averillo

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 9:49 am