NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Rate My Team

Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Rate My Team - Page 48 Empty Re: Rate My Team

Post by Beast From The Big East Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:47 am

big jono wrote:Alright, I think im set. Good mix of keepers and cash cows hopefully, outside of that pretty standard with not so many PODs which im ok with

Smith (Cherrington)

Surgess J Bromwich (Evans Leuluai)

Parker Gallen Cartwright (Whitehead J Saifiti Bhana)

DCE Hastings (Taylor J Nikorima)

Aubusson Green (Henry Littlejohn)

Inglis Feeney Barba (Mitchell Gutherson)

Let me have it peeps, what you reckon!?

Bromwich, Gallen and Inglis appear to be nice PODs for you. May not look like it based on ownership percentage but use teams you have seen on here as a better gauge I find. Lets you know what more serious people are doing, and removes the likes of those who enter a team for work/mates/1st timers and just put in their favourite players/strategy.

Besides that I like the look of it
    prize piggies
    prize piggies

Post by prize piggies Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:09 am

thanks @Big Nick and @Random for your suggestions for the team I put up last night. And Mighty Fishes for snooping out of fear of a thrashing when we meet in our league match(s)
    here is my modified squad... once again all suggestions are welcomed.

Smith(C), Segeyaro
    Woods, Graham, Ah Mau, leuluai
    Burgess, Scott, Rochow, Hoffman, Saifiti, Bhana
    Cherry-Evans(V), Hastings, Nikorima, Taylor
    Aubusson, Green, Davis, Gutherson
    Ferguson, Barba, Gordon, Feeney, Mitchell

24k in the bank (20k more than before and a better looking squad IMO)
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:14 am

Posted in main thread.  I'm not after an analysis as it is fraught with danger.  Moreso curious as to anyone would even contemplate it to set yourself away from the pack?

Okey Cokey.  I am seriously considering something VERY DIFFERENT and breaking a Fantasy rule of spending all your money.  If you could come up with a squad that you are reasonably happy with, such as the following 17, AND have just under half a million left for the next 4 trades ONCE you have seen where teams/coaches/players are at, would you consider it?

Peats/Lichaa
    Woods/Grant/Evans
    Surgess/Whitehead/Taia
    DCE/Hastings/Taylor/Niko
    Maubbs/Green
    Tedesco/Barba/Feeney

AND $465,000 in the bank.

Understand there are lots of risks, not after an analysis, just after a temptation to try something different rating?
    superbucks
    superbucks

Post by superbucks Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:19 am

prize piggies wrote:thanks @Big Nick and @Random for your suggestions for the team I put up last night. And Mighty Fishes for snooping out of fear of a thrashing when we meet in our league match(s)
    here is my modified squad... once again all suggestions are welcomed.

Smith(C), Segeyaro
    Woods, Graham, Ah Mau, leuluai
    Burgess, Scott, Rochow, Hoffman, Saifiti, Bhana
    Cherry-Evans(V), Hastings, Nikorima, Taylor
    Aubusson, Green, Davis, Gutherson
    Ferguson, Barba, Gordon, Feeney, Mitchell

24k in the bank (20k more than before and a better looking squad IMO)

Only guy I would question is Hoffman. Not sure he's got much value in him. I'd also take Henry over Davis at CTR3. Other than that it's a solid team.
    superbucks
    superbucks

Post by superbucks Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:24 am

SI wrote:Posted in main thread.  I'm not after an analysis as it is fraught with danger.  Moreso curious as to anyone would even contemplate it to set yourself away from the pack?

Okey Cokey.  I am seriously considering something VERY DIFFERENT and breaking a Fantasy rule of spending all your money.  If you could come up with a squad that you are reasonably happy with, such as the following 17, AND have just under half a million left for the next 4 trades ONCE you have seen where teams/coaches/players are at, would you consider it?

Peats/Lichaa
    Woods/Grant/Evans
    Surgess/Whitehead/Taia
    DCE/Hastings/Taylor/Niko
    Maubbs/Green
    Tedesco/Barba/Feeney

Understand there are lots of risks, not after an analysis, just after a temptation to try something different rating?

I'd only contemplate leaving 465k in the kitty if I was after the league win, but for overall I don't know how you'd claw back. It's like playing with 15 a week points wise. I can understand if you love all the picks (I can't fault one except Taia maybe but he could be ok), but it's a balance between finding value and scoring points.
    quicksand
    quicksand

Post by quicksand Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:24 am

SI wrote:Posted in main thread.  I'm not after an analysis as it is fraught with danger.  Moreso curious as to anyone would even contemplate it to set yourself away from the pack?

Peats/Lichaa
    Woods/Grant/Evans
    Surgess/Whitehead/Taia
    DCE/Hastings/Taylor/Niko
    Maubbs/Green
    Tedesco/Barba/Feeney

Damn !!  I only have 1k left affraid
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:36 am

superbucks wrote:

Peats/Lichaa
    Woods/Grant/Evans
    Surgess/Whitehead/Taia
    DCE/Hastings/Taylor/Niko
    Maubbs/Green
    Tedesco/Barba/Feeney

I'd only contemplate leaving 465k in the kitty if I was after the league win, but for overall I don't know how you'd claw back. It's like playing with 15 a week points wise. I can understand if you love all the picks (I can't fault one except Taia maybe but he could be ok), but it's a balance between finding value and scoring points.
    Yep, understand that mate.  I'm not happy with all the picks.  I guess I'm asking would you consider a strategy like this to set yourself apart from the pack?
    superbucks
    superbucks

Post by superbucks Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:02 am

SI wrote:Yep, understand that mate.  I'm not happy with all the picks.  I guess I'm asking would you consider a strategy like this to set yourself apart from the pack?

Not if I was going for overall I wouldn't, though there is a chance it can work. If you're holding the money so you can make moves over the first few weeks then you shouldn't have much to catch up. You'd also get a good look at the playing field. You will lose points over this period (assuming this) and will burn trades (but corrections are always made), but if the people you bring in make up for the losses over the few rounds after then you're in business. Vs the majority if you make 6 good decisions you should actually have a better team than most, but there will be a small percentage who made the right choices to begin with so you'll be behind them. There is also risk involved with picking a player because of 1 or 2 rounds (see Hoffman last year) or dropping a player after 1 round as well. When you have that amount of cash you will feel the need to spend it, so you've gotta make sure you're not making an impulsive move. That said every strategy has it's inherent risks and upside so if you've considered yours and happy to run with it then I think you should follow it, coz it's part of the fun of playing fantasy sports.

Personally I think 465k is be too much. I'd feel much more comfortable with this strategy if you had half of that.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:07 am

Smith Lichaa
    Fifita Woods Evans
    Surgess Merrin Cartwright Turner
    DCE Hastings Taylor
    Aubs Green
    Mansour Barba Feeney
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:12 am

Bren wrote:Smith Lichaa
    Fifita Woods Evans
    Surgess Merrin Cartwright Turner
    DCE Hastings Taylor
    Aubs Green
    Mansour Barba Feeney

like all the picks except Turner. Would just be concerned about injury risk, concussion would surely effect him more than others, as well as where he ends up when the Burgess twins are back
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:24 am

superbucks wrote:
    SI wrote:Yep, understand that mate.  I'm not happy with all the picks.  I guess I'm asking would you consider a strategy like this to set yourself apart from the pack?

Not if I was going for overall I wouldn't, though there is a chance it can work. If you're holding the money so you can make moves over the first few weeks then you shouldn't have much to catch up. You'd also get a good look at the playing field. You will lose points over this period (assuming this) and will burn trades (but corrections are always made), but if the people you bring in make up for the losses over the few rounds after then you're in business. Vs the majority if you make 6 good decisions you should actually have a better team than most, but there will be a small percentage who made the right choices to begin with so you'll be behind them. There is also risk involved with picking a player because of 1 or 2 rounds (see Hoffman last year) or dropping a player after 1 round as well. When you have that amount of cash you will feel the need to spend it, so you've gotta make sure you're not making an impulsive move. That said every strategy has it's inherent risks and upside so if you've considered yours and happy to run with it then I think you should follow it, coz it's part of the fun of playing fantasy sports.

Personally I think 465k is be too much. I'd feel much more comfortable with this strategy if you had half of that.
    Yes, this is more what I am going for.  The cash is there for the 1st 2 or 3 rounds to correct mistakes.  So hoping I am not too far behind by then.  So a lot of us for example are going in with only 1 gun in the halves.  I will have the cash to upgrade the other 1 or 2 to guns if they fail.  Others are going in with a rookie hooker.  If I did that (I'm not) I would have the cash to correct that risk.

Not saying it will work and acknowledge it will more than likely not work, but after 9 years of playing this game conservatively I need to think outside the box.
    superbucks
    superbucks

Post by superbucks Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:45 am

SI wrote:
    Yes, this is more what I am going for.  The cash is there for the 1st 2 or 3 rounds to correct mistakes.  So hoping I am not too far behind by then.  So a lot of us for example are going in with only 1 gun in the halves.  I will have the cash to upgrade the other 1 or 2 to guns if they fail.  Others are going in with a rookie hooker.  If I did that (I'm not) I would have the cash to correct that risk.

Not saying it will work and acknowledge it will more than likely not work, but after 9 years of playing this game conservatively I need to think outside the box.

Yep that's one of the benefits you will have with a large bankroll. It's one of the things I believe isn't well explored with the current price changing in fantasy, that is price changes immediately. It is generally accepted that starting with a low amount of cash in the bank ensures you have as many points on ground as possible. But that line of thinking really comes from the old game, where you had 2 rounds of corrections free of price changes. Now if a player under-performs (role or standards of play aren't up to preseason projections) or a player gets an LTI in-game you will lose cash on this player immediately, and you might not be able to replace like-with-like and you certainly couldn't upgrade. Not saying everyone should consider leaving money in the bank, just not sure if the old way of thinking is as absolute for the current game. And also we need a bit of luck.

I think even if it doesn't work this year it could work in another year. This year with the interchanges reducing you might be able to swoop on some who are getting jumps in tog. The conservative v aggressive approach is something that's always been a contentious topic in fantasy and is mostly subjective. Good luck with your team, I'm sure your results will be interesting and watched by anyone who's serious about fantasy.
    big jono
    big jono

Post by big jono Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:59 am

Beast From The Big East wrote:

Bromwich, Gallen and Inglis appear to be nice PODs for you. May not look like it based on ownership percentage but use teams you have seen on here as a better gauge I find. Lets you know what more serious people are doing, and removes the likes of those who enter a team for work/mates/1st timers and just put in their favourite players/strategy.

Besides that I like the look of it

Thanks mate, after other comments and the Tigers lineup rumours today i think im gonna ditch cherrington which will require a re-jig.
    Mr Fernando
    Mr Fernando

Post by Mr Fernando Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:19 am

morethanjustakeyboard
    morethanjustakeyboard

Post by morethanjustakeyboard Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:54 am

can anyone see anything drastically wrong with this?

lichaa Peats
    Graham McGuire Packer Evans
    LAM Merrin Cartwright Rochow J Saifiti V Leuluai
    Hastings DCE Jiko Taylor
    B Henry Aubo N green Littlejohn
    Gutherson TED Barba Mitchel Feeney

Contemplating TED>Inglis for POD
    Using Littlejohnn in a strategy

Cheers fellas
    prize piggies
    prize piggies

Post by prize piggies Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:01 am

superbucks wrote:

Only guy I would question is Hoffman. Not sure he's got much value in him. I'd also take Henry over Davis at CTR3. Other than that it's a solid team.

thanks superbucks, any suggestions for a replacement 2RF for hoffman that comes in under 321k? i'd like to steer clear of Mateo as he can be rocks or diamonds. so im thinking its out of isaac lui, Chris McQueen, Will Matthews or Elliot Whitehead. (leaning towards whitey)
    big jono
    big jono

Post by big jono Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:25 am

morethanjustakeyboard wrote:can anyone see anything drastically wrong with this?

lichaa Peats
    Hastings DCE Jiko Taylor

Cheers fellas

I would be really worried you dont have a standout Captain pick you can rely on each week. In my opinion you need one of Smith, Gallen, Parker or similar who you can chuck it on and forget about it.

Would probably downgrade packer to get that cash if you dont have it spare, theres a couple of FRF cashies floating about, I have gone with Leuluai but there are others.

I went TED to Inglis as I think Inglis is underpriced and is a season long keeper obviously but thats personal choice, no wrong decision there I think as Teds gonna go big this year i reckon. Will play Origin too I reckon though.

Mind sharing the Littlejohn strategy??
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:34 am

Can I just say how awesome it is to see more of you guys getting involved in this thread.
    Big Nick
    Big Nick

Post by Big Nick Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:02 am

prize piggies wrote:

thanks superbucks, any suggestions for a replacement 2RF for hoffman that comes in under 321k? i'd like to steer clear of Mateo as he can be rocks or diamonds. so im thinking its out of isaac lui, Chris McQueen, Will Matthews or Elliot Whitehead. (leaning towards whitey)

Out of that lot it's Whitehead by a street - he's not entirely risk-free but if he adapts to the NRL and plays 80 he could push for gun status, whereas the other 3 have no hope of doing that.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:26 am

morethanjustakeyboard wrote:can anyone see anything drastically wrong with this?

lichaa Peats
    Hastings DCE Jiko Taylor

Cheers fellas

Ted will be a POD to start the season mate. People are too afraid to run with a top level at the gun so you will make moves there. Only real problem will be a lack of lock in captain each week. You will probably be shifting between Merrin and DCE early on. Would say DCE is the better play this week with Merrin's minutes and role not certain yet

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:07 pm