NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Rate My Team

standard-issue
    standard-issue

Rate My Team Empty Rate My Team

Post by standard-issue Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:55 pm

This is the new "Rate My Team" thread; a great idea put forward by a couple of our posters, as sometimes posts in the main thread do get missed when it is busy. Everyone is still welcome to post their teams in the main thread of course, but the thought is that less teams will get missed for feedback in here.

It is a thread for teams to be posted from ANY of the platforms for analysis; but if you are posting a non-Fantasy team then please specify, as there are some massive differences obviously. If your team posted is for Fantasy then there is no need to identify as such, as it will be assumed.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Rate My Team Empty Re: Rate My Team

Post by RandomSil Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:51 am

Someone should post up a team as I am on at the moment.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:22 am

I'll put up my Supercoach team because I've never played Supercoach before and have very little idea of what of I'm doing, so ANY feedback on where I'm spending my money wrong and why would be appreciated. I've basically just gone for the most attacking players I can find. Some of the minimum price options are dependent on teamlists.

Segeyaro (Parcell)
    Bromwich, Graham (Paea, Pangai)
    Surgess, Taumalolo, Merrin (TRex, Pauli, BHenry)
    SJ (ATaylor)
    Milford (Hastings)
    JRoberts, Ferguson, Copley, Hurrell (Auva'a, MCK, Abbey)
    RTS (Mitchell)

TRex, Taylor, Hastings and Paea currently pencilled in as scoring reserves.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:25 am

I don't play SC either mate, but I'm sure the SC lads will be in tomorrow to have a looksee.
    Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:03 am

Rate My Team Image13
    This is my team for NRL.com. Not 100% happy. But not a bad start.

So got 33k remaining. Happy for you guy to pick me to pieces.

Cheers

Justin
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:18 am

Hi Sik.
    A few issues I can see. I'm not a fan of halves as captain as their scores can fluctuate so much and you also have quite a bit of cash tied up in npr's if you downgrade a couple of them it will upgrade at least one of your midrangers to a gun. No matter what anyone ever tells you it's never ok to pick Aubbs in any position at any price, he's nothing but a trap that gets people every single year!
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:25 am

One or two pointers, and then I'll ask some questions.They are not meant to imply criticism, I just want to see your thinking rather than just tell you to blindly change your team

OK, firstly, Tinirau Arona has gone to superleague. He is out of your team.

Secondly, WFB and CTR are generally the lowest scoring positions. Generally forwards (and halves to a lesser degree)  provide much more consistent scoring, especially at the top level.
    Your team is very back heavy, was this deliberately, or just how it turned out.

Thirdly, please tell me why you picked Nathan Friend, Elijah Taylor,  Will Hopoate, Mitchell Aubusson and Corey Oates. What are your hopes/expectations for their scoring and price rises this year. What other players did you consider in their price range. They are not necessarily bad choices, I just want to see your reasoning.

Finally. I don't like telling people to pick specific players. But sometimes it is worth mentioning.
    Did you consider having Clinton Gutherson, Kirisome Auvua'a or Ashley Taylor in your team. Why or why not?
    User Name
    User Name

Post by User Name Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:29 am

Sik wrote:
    This is my team for NRL.com. Not 100% happy. But not a bad start.

So got 33k remaining. Happy for you guy to pick me to pieces.

Cheers

Justin

I would not have Friend. He was brought into the Titans to help develop the younger hookers. I would expect his minutes to drop off as the season progresses. Many people think Mortimer will be on the bench but I would not be surprised if Moseley is on the bench. Bird can always shift into the halves if Taylor has trouble. All the forwards at the Titans can play big minutes to cover Bird.

This is just my opinion however.
    Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:42 am

I've heard of the Aubusson trap, and did fall for it this year. I guess apart from if the roosters have injury or suspension issues, he'll almost be always starting from the bench, yes? Noted.

As for Nathan Friend. I was assuming he'd be playing big minutes, due to the injury to Kane Elgey. But if you think the money will be better spent elsewhere, I take that on board.

I agree, I am very back heavy, I think I'll drop slater, as he can be quite inconsistent. I think VH and Dugan are good choices.

WH was a full in...

ET, thought he'd be a point of difference. I wanted Fensim, but his minutes have dropped of recent as Ricky rotates his forwards.

So my money should be spent on gun hookers, 2RF and dual position 2RF?

Last edited by Sik on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:57 am

Sik wrote:I've heard of the Aubusson trap, and did fall for it this year. I guess apart from if the roosters have injury or suspension issues, he'll almost be always starting from the bench, yes? Noted.

As for Nathan Friend. I was assuming he'd be playing big minutes, due to the injury to Kane Elgey. But if you think the money will be better spent elsewhere, I take that on board.

I agree, I am very back heavy, I think I'll drop slater, as he can be quite inconsistent. I think VH and Dugan are good choices.

WH was a full in...

ET, thought he'd be a point of difference. I wanted Fensim, but his minutes have dropped of recent as Ricky rotates his forwards.

As a very general rule you want to start the year with as many proven guns and minimum priced cash cows a you can afford. Your team has a lot of middle of the road type players or guys like Oates who are priced at around 200K making it harder for them to make you any money.
    As an example a player who costs 130K and averages 25 will have their price go up by roughly 100k, if that player costs 200k your not really making any money. As your only playing 17 scorers each week it doesn't matter so much what your 18-25 score it matters how much extra money they can make you.
    I hope that makes sense, if not I'm sure one of the guru's will I'm sure be able to explain it better than me.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:00 pm

Smith, (Lichaa)
    Gal,Jbrom,(B Lawrence), nuffie
    Surgess, Rochow,grevs,(P Pauli), nuffie, nuffie
    DCE, Hastings,Taylor, Niko
    Hurrell, Auva'a, Copley, nuffie
    Teddy, Gordon, Mansour, nuffie, nuffie
    Seems very light on depth and no obvious 4th reserve

Last edited by Krump on Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:00 pm

Did some shuffling around and have come up with this. Pretty happy with it and can't see too many holes.

Smith, Lichaa
    Graham, Woods, McGuire, Welch
    Surgess, W.Graham, Ah Mau, Rochow, Chee Kam, Bhana
    DCE, Hastings, Taylor, JNiko
    Gutherson, Auva'a, Henry, NPR
    Fergo, Gordon, Copley, Mitchell, NPR
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:06 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:I'll put up my Supercoach team because I've never played Supercoach before and have very little idea of what of I'm doing, so ANY feedback on where I'm spending my money wrong and why would be appreciated. I've basically just gone for the most attacking players I can find. Some of the minimum price options are dependent on teamlists.

Segeyaro (Parcell)
    Bromwich, Graham (Paea, Pangai)
    Surgess, Taumalolo, Merrin (TRex, Pauli, BHenry)
    SJ (ATaylor)
    Milford (Hastings)
    JRoberts, Ferguson, Copley, Hurrell (Auva'a, MCK, Abbey)
    RTS (Mitchell)

TRex, Taylor, Hastings and Paea currently pencilled in as scoring reserves.
    Any of the SC lads able to help rhinoceroo out?  Even if I played SC, I wouldn't want to lead him astray.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:13 pm

Krump wrote:Rate My Team SBsBtr4
    Rough first draft. Have it guys

-Quality hooker combo, nothing really to say there
    -Haven't seen Gal in too many drafts, nor Bromwich. Both will be excellent scorers and you will get what you pay for. Lawrence is interesting as he is not guaranteed a starting spot and to me has never been an explosive scorer but rather a workhorse so his minutes should likely be key to his scoring potential this year.
    -Your 4 scorers here are all quality (I think Pauli will go all right this year) but I'm not sure on Grevs being a starter. Would much rather prefer a safer mid range scorer in my 13 and Grevs off the bench but cap space may limit that for you
    -A stock standard halves combo so no real advice here. Already been discussed pretty prominently and you know what you are getting yourself into there
    -Hurrell could be a risk but if he has sorted himself out and the Warriors click he could be a massive POD for you. Auva'a is in most teams, as are your reserves here but that should be no surprise given the prices.
    -Teddy is interesting here. While he should continue to be a gun scorer, if I was paying that much I would personally prefer RTS (I think Teddy doesn't really have anywhere price wise to go but I can see RTS getting some monster scores playing with SJ). In saying that he should be a great pick for you and as with your expensive front row you get what you pay for. Mansour and Gordon have been thrown around by everyone in various combinations with other fullback options. None really have any guarantee so just personal preference here.

All in all a slightly different side than others which is good. Perhaps a front row downgrade to give yourself a better 3rd 2rf option but no a huge deal as you should make up those points elsewhere
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:15 pm

Beast From The Big East wrote:

-Quality hooker combo, nothing really to say there
    -Haven't seen Gal in too many drafts, nor Bromwich. Both will be excellent scorers and you will get what you pay for. Lawrence is interesting as he is not guaranteed a starting spot and to me has never been an explosive scorer but rather a workhorse so his minutes should likely be key to his scoring potential this year.
    -Your 4 scorers here are all quality (I think Pauli will go all right this year) but I'm not sure on Grevs being a starter. Would much rather prefer a safer mid range scorer in my 13 and Grevs off the bench but cap space may limit that for you
    -A stock standard halves combo so no real advice here. Already been discussed pretty prominently and you know what you are getting yourself into there
    -Hurrell could be a risk but if he has sorted himself out and the Warriors click he could be a massive POD for you. Auva'a is in most teams, as are your reserves here but that should be no surprise given the prices.
    -Teddy is interesting here. While he should continue to be a gun scorer, if I was paying that much I would personally prefer RTS (I think Teddy doesn't really have anywhere price wise to go but I can see RTS getting some monster scores playing with SJ). In saying that he should be a great pick for you and as with your expensive front row you get what you pay for. Mansour and Gordon have been thrown around by everyone in various combinations with other fullback options. None really have any guarantee so just personal preference here.

All in all a slightly different side than others which is good. Perhaps a front row downgrade to give yourself a better 3rd 2rf option but no a huge deal as you should make up those points elsewhere
    Thanks mate. I know what you mean about the front row, might go Woods instead of Gal and see what I can do with the cash.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:19 pm

Krump wrote:

Thanks mate. I know what you mean about the front row, might go Woods instead of Gal and see what I can do with the cash.

Does that give you enough cash to upgrade someone like Grevs to say Cartwright or Ah Mau

Last edited by Beast From The Big East on Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:20 pm

Sik wrote:I've heard of the Aubusson trap, and did fall for it this year. I guess apart from if the roosters have injury or suspension issues, he'll almost be always starting from the bench, yes? Noted.

Here is the problem with Aubusson. When he starts at 2nd row he scores very well. At some point in the season he will start at 2nd row.
    Do not be suckered in by this. 3 weeks later he'll be on the bench or in the centres and you ate stuffed.

Wait for when titans name some ream lists. If Mortimer, Moseley or Srama are on the bench, Friend is unlikely to get the 80 minutes you want.
    He was s good reliable hooker choice back in his day. It is just no longer his day

Problem with ET is the arrival of Merrin and how that effects his role. He could well remain a solid scorer, but I think there are safer options if you are spending that much money.
    I think you are right to avoid Fensom, at least initially, as the addition of Whitehead makes the raiders pack a bit of a mystery

Hookers in general are the best scoring players. It makes sense to have at least one hooking spit filled by a gun player who you can count on for a safe 50+ points every week.
    The second hooker slot can be another gun, or a riskier cheap prospect you think will go well this year. But you really should have at least one big gun.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:03 pm

Tempted to post up my side but its almost the same as ones posted in the NRL Fantasy thread. Thought about running with Lichaa but Smith is just so much more reliable and consistent although he is more expensive.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:29 pm

Bren wrote:Tempted to post up my side but its almost the same as ones posted in the NRL Fantasy thread. Thought about running with Lichaa but Smith is just so much more reliable and consistent although he is more expensive.

won't hurt to throw it up and get some comments. plus it can give others some ideas of players they have missed or combos they like the look of
    Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:34 pm

Rate My Team Image14

Took some advice and made some changes. Anyone recommend any cheapies?

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:16 am