NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Rate My Team

Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Rate My Team - Page 2 Empty Re: Rate My Team

Post by Beast From The Big East Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:52 am

Sik wrote:Rate My Team - Page 2 Image14

Took some advice and made some changes. Anyone recommend any cheapies?

Can't work out who your reserves would be with that line up. I'm thinking you would go Baptiste, Pauli, Carter and Barba which no offence is a fairly weak set of reserves.

You have once again gone pretty heavy with your WFBs but that is likley down to personal preference/an idea you have for the team so I won't say it is bad as theoretically it shouldn't matter if you spend 450k on a wfb/half/frf as they should be averaging the same. But there does appear to be some value in the mid range (300k) wfb's this year so that could be somewhere you look to downgrade to generate some cash.

Of your starting 13 I have no problem with any. Each of them has reason to score well and none look like they should drop their average really.

Your reserves are where you will likely come unstuck. Baptiste doesn't even start for his side so that looks like a wasted position. Pauli I like but you need to be aware he is a gamble as he will still probably come off the bench at Newcastle. Carter will have to contend with the likes of Turner and Grevs for playing time so once again he could just be a bench player. Same goes for Barba who is not guaranteed a starting role at the Sharkies.

Personally with your team I would look at downgrading at least one of Dugan/RTS to get you some cash to upgrade your bench. There isn't much mid range options at hooker so maybe either look at shuffling some cash around and going for another gun to pair with Macca, or going with Parcell (should he start) or JNiko as a NPR. Other than that just maybe look at reallocating some funds so that you can more reliable scorers for your bench as despite not being starters, they make up just under 1/4 of your scorers per week so you don't want to skimp there too much
    Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:09 am

Ok sweet... I have a man crush on Dugan. Don't know why... Just think he's awesome.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:12 am

Sik wrote:Rate My Team - Page 2 Image14

Took some advice and made some changes. Anyone recommend any cheapies?

I may be repeating what other guys have said so sorry if I do.

HOK: I doubt Baptiste will get more than 20 minutes again this year. So he doesn't seem like a viable option. If you are looking for a CashCow there look at Parcell (If starting) J. Nikorima, or possibly Danny Levi. With that said two guns there always looks better.

FRF: I don't personally like Pauli Pauli because I don't think he will get more than 30 minutes. (Which is what he averaged last year.) If he doesn't get more than 30 minutes then his scores aren't good enough to have in your team and he won't be generating any cash for you.

2RF: I personally don't like Cartwright (Too much uncertainty in the Panthers pack regarding minutes.) However a few blokes on here rate him. If you think Cartwright will get 60+ minutes a game he is worth looking at. Not sure Paul Carter will even get a run in the Souths team.

HLF: Barba isn't a good option unless he is starting the year in FB/HLF's with no one named on the bench. If Barba is on the bench he isn't worth looking at. (Plus the chance he isn't even named.)

CTR: I don't like Lawrence, again that is personal preference he should average 35 points a game hopefully.

WFB: You have gone heavy here. Now general rule of thumb is more consistency in players up front. However if you are happy then that is all that matters. It should be pointed out that there is great value here with Gordon/Mansour/Slater/Holmes (If Barba isn't named.)

Regarding cheapies.. Here are some options pending teamlists.

HOK: M. Parcell, D. Levi, J. Nikorima (Nikorima is the only true cheapie option.)
    FRF: C. Timu, D. Hala, C. Welch
    2RF: M. Chee-Kam, B. Henry, D. Bhana
    HLF: J. Hastings, J. Nikorima, A. Taylor, T. Maire Martin, J. Littlejohn
    CTR: J. Littlejohn, K. Auva'a, B. Henry, M. Chee-Kam, J. Hawkins, C. Gutherson
    WFB: J. Hawkins, C. Gutherson, L. Mitchell, M. Cronin, C. Mata'uatai
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:20 am

Krump wrote:Smith, (Lichaa)
    Gal,Jbrom,(B Lawrence), nuffie
    Surgess, Rochow,grevs,(P Pauli), nuffie, nuffie
    DCE, Hastings,Taylor, Niko
    Hurrell, Auva'a, Copley, nuffie
    Teddy, Gordon, Mansour, nuffie, nuffie
    Seems very light on depth and no obvious 4th reserve

- B. Lawrence, not bad I just want your thoughts to help confirm my own reason for picking him.

- P. Pauli.. Is this guy getting 35+ minutes in the Knights pack which has K. Snowden, K. Sims, J. Stockwell, M. Paea likely ahead of him.

- C. Grevsmuhl, why? He averaged 38 minutes last year, while the Rabbitohs lose McQueen they gain S. Burgess and that doesn't help the likelihood of a time increase. Rabbitohs have a big pack, and I am not sure how Grevsmuhl can play big minutes in it. With S. Burgess, G. Burgess, T. Burgess, J. Sutton, K. Turner, J. Clark and D. Tyrrell. Oh and he is leaving next year, could impact on the role they want him to play.

- Don't worry about a 4th reserve. 1/9 of your remaining players have to do reasonably well and you have a 4th.
    Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:24 am

Ok. I might do some work. Then jump on and have s fiddle.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:27 am

Beast From The Big East wrote:Did some shuffling around and have come up with this. Pretty happy with it and can't see too many holes.

Smith, Lichaa
    Graham, Woods, McGuire, Welch
    Surgess, W.Graham, Ah Mau, Rochow, Chee Kam, Bhana
    DCE, Hastings, Taylor, JNiko
    Gutherson, Auva'a, Henry, NPR
    Fergo, Gordon, Copley, Mitchell, NPR

... I mean.. 4 cheapie CTR's.. There is nothing to nitpick on this team unless you want to go to the extreme.

Also all this Lichaa talk makes me want to have him.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:44 am

Random wrote:

... I mean.. 4 cheapie CTR's.. There is nothing to nitpick on this team unless you want to go to the extreme.

Also all this Lichaa talk makes me want to have him.

cheers Random.

Yea this Lichaa talk has got to me too. Had Seggy even every team so far then found I could drop Seggy for Lichaa and Holmes for an NPR via Copley and I had the cash to upgrade Pauli to Ah Mau. No doubt you would approve of that upgrade lol!
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:05 pm

Sik wrote:Ok. I might do some work. Then jump on and have s fiddle.

2nd team looks a lot better already.

A couple points, well try not to repeat what others have said too much.

Still a lot of money in your WFB. Individually they could all do well, but together they are tying up money that could help elsewhere.

If you have a man crush on Dugan, keep him and look at ditching RTS. There are a lot of potentially good options at around the $300k mark. Make a switch there and you can start thinking about upgrading your reserves.

Starting 13 is good but it's a 17 man game and you need more solid choices to pick from.
    Picking the right players here can be very hot and miss, everyone is take just guessing, with varying degrees of accuracy.

And I agree with the Comments on baptiste. Parcell had much better potential for the price.
    Personally I prefer 2 gun hookers, but if you are getting a cheapie parcell is the best bet. Unless josh Hodgson gets injured, then Baptiste away.
    Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:53 pm

Rate My Team - Page 2 Image15

3rd time lucky.
    Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:03 pm

I think just some fiddling with the cheapies when the sides are announced. And no injuries from the 9s or WCC.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:07 pm

@Sik,

You've gone pretty 2nd row heavy but I like that team for the most part. Great hookers combo, don't rate Vaughan as highly as some on here do but no problem with that as your front row. Your 2nd row has players who should be up good scorers but I would just be worried about the lack of upside with some of your picks. Lowe and Proctor should score consistently but won't ever be anything special. Lowe looked good start of last season then got shifted to the edge from memory and then was just a good solid scorer with great byes. Around the same price you can get someone like Papalii and Taumalolo for examples who I think have a much better chance of upside potential and don't have too much less of a floor. Backline looks very solid except for maybe Mata'utai. Not too sure on how the Knights will run at the back this year (Honeysett may be able to give you an idea) but I know that Sione is the much better and preferred brother if that means anything.

All in all though a pretty nice side
    Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:16 pm

Thanks mate. So taumalolo and papalli over Vaughan and Lowe?
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:17 pm

Sik wrote:-snip-[/url]

3rd time lucky.

You are definitely getting the hang of it.

- A. McCullough is a good option, and there is nothing wrong with it. However Segeyaro/Lichaa/Peats should provide more value for a similar, slightly cheaper price.

- P. Vaughan should be solid, if he gets 50+ minutes. However I see Papalii + Vaughan starting, S. Boyd, J. Lima, FPN. So I am not 100% sure he will get more than 50 minutes. Otherwise he is a good pick.

- E. Lowe is a no go. He is basically playing 80 minutes every week, and while he has a solid scoring range. You have 3 options with E. Lowe, look for an actual Fantasy Gun - Averaging closer to 60 points guys like Parker, Mannering, Gallen. Downgrading Lowe to someone like R. Rochow, J. Tapine, E. Whitehead who should get good minutes and make you cash, or look at guys at the same price who can improve ala Jack de Belin.

- K. Proctor again averages big minutes and doesn't look like he will improve in score. He is a middle of the road player. Sure he scores okay, but he isn't a top-tier scorer or someone who will make you cash. You can look at guys I listed above for other options.

- A. Reynolds, now nothing is wrong with him. I just also suggest you look at D. Cherry-Evans as an alternate. (He has an insane average without Foran.)

- CTR's are very lean. Not a problem though.

- Mata'utai may not even play.

My suggestions..

- Downgrade Proctor to a cheapie. (Having 4 2RF should be enough. )
    - Upgrade WFB. (If you want a cheapie still, look at D. Copley.) Otherwise look at Gordon, Slater, Mansour.
    - Upgrade/Downgrade Lowe. If you have enough cash remaining. Turn Lowe into a beast like Parker/Gallen/Mannering.

Oh and if you are just short of upgrading to someone. You could downgrade McCullough.

-
    Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:21 pm

Sweet. Advice has been awesome guys
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:50 pm

Sik wrote:Thanks mate. So taumalolo and papalli over Vaughan and Lowe?

Don't want to tell you who to pick just that you want to be picking guys who have upside rather than just solid scorers. Vaughan is still a good option but you could get rid of him if you wanted to. Lowe and Proctor are in the same boat
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:35 pm

Sik wrote:Sweet. Advice has been awesome guys
    Teams looking miles better. Hang around here for a while and you'll absolutely destroy your mates Very Happy
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:40 pm

Sik, the important thing with that team is that the balance appears a lot better. If anything after being very WFB heavy in your first draft you are now a little light.

Maybe downgrade Lowe or Proctor and get one of the strike centres back.

But really its just a matter of tweaking 500 times over the next month as you try and get everything perfect.

Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:32 pm

SI wrote:
    Any of the SC lads able to help rhinoceroo out?  Even if I played SC, I wouldn't want to lead him astray.
    I will offer some advice soon as I get into work mate on his SC team
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:01 pm

Hello to everyone. I have just registered for these forums, and I thought this would be the best place to start. I finished 475 last year and did win a weekly prize. Now that the introduction is complete, let's rate my team:

HOK: Lichaa, J. Nikorima
    FRF: Mannah, Tolman, JTrobjevic(R), BGray
    2RF: Fensom(C), WGraham,Gillett, McQueen(R), Rochow(R), Bhana
    HLF: DCE(VC), AReynolds, Hastings(R), ATaylor
    CTR: Gutherson, Auva'a, Griffin, Benry
    WFB: Gordon, Mann, Copley, Cronin, Mitchell
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:17 pm

ForanAgainst wrote:Hello to everyone. I have just registered for these forums, and I thought this would be the best place to start. I finished 475 last year and did win a weekly prize. Now that the introduction is complete, let's rate my team:

HOK: Lichaa, J. Nikorima
    FRF: Mannah, Tolman, JTrobjevic(R), BGray
    2RF: Fensom(C), WGraham,Gillett, McQueen(R), Rochow(R), Bhana
    HLF: DCE(VC), AReynolds, Hastings(R), ATaylor
    CTR: Gutherson, Auva'a, Griffin, Benry
    WFB: Gordon, Mann, Copley, Cronin, Mitchell

Welcome to the forum and you are an early nominee for username of the year Very Happy .

Love the Mannah pick, outside the box. Do you have some info that he is up for extra minutes, or just taking the chance at this stage? Your hookers will be an issue if Niko only plays a bit part, or gets injured. It's a long way back trying to get someone else in that 2nd slot. Very gutsy if you run with those centres as well.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:17 pm