NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Rate My Team

RandomSil
    RandomSil

Rate My Team - Page 47 Empty Re: Rate My Team

Post by RandomSil Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:11 pm

Big Nick wrote:
    Here's my dudes:

C. Smith, J. Friend
    S. Burgess, A. Tolman, K. Evans  -  V. Leuluai
    C. Parker, T. Merrin, Z. Taia, E. Whitehead  -  J. Saifiti, J. Aloiai
    B. Hunt, J. Hastings, A. Taylor  -  J. Nikorima
    T. Lafai, B. Henry  -  K. Auva'a, C. Scott (for DPP)
    B. Ferguson, B. Barba, C. Gutherson  -  J. Feeney, L. Mitchell

- J. Friend a definite PoD, but I see no reason he will improve too much from last year and there are other guys with that potential around.
    - Aloiai? Who and why, what is his job security like?
    - Going B. Hunt isn't a problem but you are missing on D. Cherry-Evans who if he scores as he has done while Foran isn't there could see you slip a little. (Not too much.)
    - T. Lafai, has come out of favor recently but is a good option.
    - I don't like your back up CTR's they provide no cover and aren't playing. (I know you can shift Gutherson up if you need to, but still ehhh lack that depth.

Other than that you have a good looking team.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:13 pm

Ad@m wrote:(Smith, Lichaa)
    (Fifita, Gallen, Surgess) Leuluai
    (Fensom, Merrin, Cartwright, Carter, J Saifiti) Bhana
    (DCE, Hastings) Taylor, J Niko
    (Green, Littlejohn) Henry, Davis
    (Slater, Barba, Feeney) Gutherson, Mitchell

Firstly holy hell you have stacked team looking at the guns.

- I am not a fan of Carter but he could pay off.
    - Littlejohn while playing HOK could be solid for him, he could end up out of the team with Brooks and Halatau returning next week.
    - Davis could end up out of the team with McDonald returning for the Titans next week.

So overall incredible looking team, CTR's are a worry. (As they are with most people.)
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:15 pm

normanwall wrote:Hey, would anyone mind taking a quick look at this team, playing h2h and have $227,000 left in the bank in case I need to make a drastic change after rd1. Our league doesnt start til rd4 so not bothered about leaving that much in the bank for the moment

Lichaa
    Woods, Mooper, Evans, Sue
    CP13, Surgess, Carty, jsafiti
    dce, Hastings, Taylor
    claw, Aubbs
    Ferguson, Barba, Feeney

NPRs
    Jniko, Benry, VLeuleuai, CWalker, gutherson, ngreen, Mitchell, abbey

M. Cooper haven't seen him selected much.

No real problems with this team. I would suggest starting with Smith if you can, or Segeyaro because of his potential. You want to be making money and have a few guns there. So might as well start with the best guns, plus it isn't like you don't have the cash.

I wouldn't look at Walker as he will play this week but Keary is due back next week. So unless Keary is really on the outer at Souths Walker's time will be short.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:18 pm

Yfronts wrote:Just after some feedback on a team i put together please. I'm relatively happy with it but I'm no expert either...

Smith(c),Lichaa(r)
    JBrom,J.Graham,K.Evans(r),D.Safiti
    CP13,Surgess,Rochow,N.Green,J.Safiti,V.Leuluai
    DCE,JNik,Ash Taylor(r),Hastings(r)
    Benry,Leilua,Littlejohn,Gutherson
    GI,Man Sauce,Barba,Feeeney,Mitchell

reserves I'm also not settled on either. I've put Leilua in centres as a POD, potential to go big (read he's looking fit and dropped a few kgs), but if he only gets 15-20 well hopefully the big gun forwards can pick up the slack.
    All the usual cash cows so yea hit me fellas

You have a strong team, not the worst CTR's I have seen either though I don't rate Leilua, but if I am wrong I am happy for you.

I also don't like GI as there are potentially better options much cheaper e.g. Gordon/Mann/Ferguson and GI has tendency to go in and out of games. He can post massive scores, and then nothing at all. (He also has Origin to worry about.) Meanwhile Gordon has great byes and is a lot cheaper.

Oh and D. Safiti he is risky in terms of job security with Paea and Stockwell just outside the team. I would shift Leuluai there and pick up maybe Bhana?

RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:19 pm

Beast From The Big East wrote:Figured I'd post mine up for the first game and hope someone can review it for me

Smith, Lichaa
    Woods, McGuire, Ah Mau, Leuluai
    Surgess, Graham, Cartwright, Rochow, Safiti, Chee Kam
    DCE, Hastings, Taylor, JNiko
    Green, Benry, Gutherson, Auva'a
    Fergo, Gordon, Barba, Feeney, Mitchell

48k left

Would prefer a stronger centre group but it would mean downgrading one of my props or Smith to get the cash and I'm pretty happy with my pack as it is

- Chee-Kam is outside the 17 this week and with Halatau coming in next week it doesn't get easier.
    - CTR's are very risky but it could work for you.

Other than that, your squad looks good.
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:27 pm

I know this team can improve, but I for the life of me cannot figure out how. For the love of god someone please tell me how!

Smith, Lichaa
    Bromwich, Woods, Evans, Packer
    Surgess, Merrin, LAM, Rochow, Saifiti, Leuluai
    DCE, Hastings, Taylor, Nikko
    Ferguson, Green, Henry, Auva'a
    Mann, Barba, Feeney, Mitchell, Gutherson
    big jono
    big jono

Post by big jono Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:31 pm

Alright, I think im set. Good mix of keepers and cash cows hopefully, outside of that pretty standard with not so many PODs which im ok with

Smith (Cherrington)

Surgess J Bromwich (Evans Leuluai)

Parker Gallen Cartwright (Whitehead J Saifiti Bhana)

DCE Hastings (Taylor J Nikorima)

Aubusson Green (Henry Littlejohn)

Inglis Feeney Barba (Mitchell Gutherson)

Let me have it peeps, what you reckon!?
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:35 pm

big jono wrote:Alright, I think im set. Good mix of keepers and cash cows hopefully, outside of that pretty standard with not so many PODs which im ok with

Smith (Cherrington)

Not a fan of the Cherrington pick at all but team looks good
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:36 pm

jstands wrote:I know this team can improve, but I for the life of me cannot figure out how. For the love of god someone please tell me how!

Smith, Lichaa
    Bromwich, Woods, Evans, Packer
    Surgess, Merrin, LAM, Rochow, Saifiti, Leuluai
    DCE, Hastings, Taylor, Nikko
    Ferguson, Green, Henry, Auva'a
    Mann, Barba, Feeney, Mitchell, Gutherson

Looks good, your CTR's are more stable than others. I don't have any issues with any selections. Not sure what i would change really.
    maverick

Post by maverick Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:37 pm

Kiwi wrote:Anyone want to join a league? All welcome, would prefer serious players who are going to play the whole season. YLMY6PDR

Ive joined
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:37 pm

big jono wrote:Alright, I think im set. Good mix of keepers and cash cows hopefully, outside of that pretty standard with not so many PODs which im ok with

Smith (Cherrington)

As Jstands said not a fane of the Cherrington pick, but if it pays off it is well worth it.

I also don't like the Inglis pick, plenty of cheaper options with as much potential imo and most wont have to worry about Origin.
    Big Nick
    Big Nick

Post by Big Nick Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:38 pm

Random wrote:

- J. Friend a definite PoD, but I see no reason he will improve too much from last year and there are other guys with that potential around.
    - Aloiai? Who and why, what is his job security like?
    - Going B. Hunt isn't a problem but you are missing on D. Cherry-Evans who if he scores as he has done while Foran isn't there could see you slip a little. (Not too much.)
    - T. Lafai, has come out of favor recently but is a good option.
    - I don't like your back up CTR's they provide no cover and aren't playing. (I know you can shift Gutherson up if you need to, but still ehhh lack that depth.

Other than that you have a good looking team.

Appreciate the feedback mate - forced me into one last re-think but I'm gonna run with the crew I listed pending late mail.

I don't want to waste trades at hooker, and Friend is the right combination of safe, bye coverage and POD for me
    Aloiai is not ideal but neither are any of the other 2RF cows - you pick one and hope for the best at this stage, and the Tigers back rowers are hot garbage so the opportunity is there if he's good enough
    Hunt is better than Cherry-Evans and nothing anyone says can convince me otherwise
    Again, backup CTRs are all a bit iffy, but surely Auva'a will play at some stage - even this week is still a big possibility, while Scott lets me move Fergo , Gutho and possibly Mitchell if need be.

The one part of my team I'm open to changing would be upgrading one of those cheap centres to Green, but I feel like he's just as big a trap possibility as they are but $40k extra. Plus, I can't find anyone I want to downgrade except maybe Merrin to Taupau or G Cooper, which I'm not really sold on.
    big jono
    big jono

Post by big jono Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:02 pm

Random wrote:

As Jstands said not a fane of the Cherrington pick, but if it pays off it is well worth it.

I also don't like the Inglis pick, plenty of cheaper options with as much potential imo and most wont have to worry about Origin.

I was second guessing cherry even before the rumour today about changeups in that lineup posted. Might look at that thanks mate.

Inglis is a season keeper for me and i just do head to head really so want to have him for finals, might as well get him now., will have another look at it but I think he stays. Rabbits going off the boil a bit this year does worry me though.

big jono
    big jono

Post by big jono Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:04 pm

jstands wrote:

Not a fan of the Cherrington pick at all but team looks good

Thanks, yea im reconsidering Cherry, would love to start with Smith and Lichaa but need to find the cash. Crying or Very sad
    normanwall
    normanwall

Post by normanwall Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:31 pm

Random wrote:

M. Cooper haven't seen him selected much.

No real problems with this team. I would suggest starting with Smith if you can, or  Segeyaro because of his potential. You want to be making money and have a few guns there. So might as well start with the best guns, plus it isn't like you don't have the cash.

I wouldn't look at Walker as he will play this week but Keary is due back next week. So unless Keary is really on the outer at Souths Walker's time will be short.

Cheers heaps for the feedback.
    Looking at best way to fit Smith in, maybe get rid of Walker and shift Niko to halves and wait for TMM or Walker to get bigger opportunity before trading in
    Not sold on Seggy just yet, due to bench and talk of issues with coach

Thanks again
    pazcrusader

Rate My Team - Page 47 Empty My First Post, and a team to review

Post by pazcrusader Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:32 pm

Hi lads,

So after going through the teams and the dollars, it seems balancing keepers with cows is going to be difficult this year.

We're heading into an unknown with less interchanges, so I feel the most important thing is to pick starting players who generally play lots of minutes.

Some of my choices were $ driven, others were based on last years stats. And some are a risk worth taking.

Hopefully I got it right, but I am open to suggestion and improvement,

Paz

Rate My Team - Page 47 Fantas12
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:34 pm

pazcrusader wrote:Hi lads,

So after going through the teams and the dollars, it seems balancing keepers with cows is going to be difficult this year.

We're heading into an unknown with less interchanges, so I feel the most important thing is to pick starting players who generally play lots of minutes.

Some of my choices were $ driven, others were based on last years stats. And some are a risk worth taking.

Paz

Overall your selections are spot on, although I don't like the Littlejohn selection as he could be gone next week. I dont see too many other options for you.
    superbucks
    superbucks

Post by superbucks Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:36 pm

Paz

Nice team.

Just make sure to pick a 4th reserve. Go for Green I reckon.

And also I'd run Littlejohn or Henry over Copley this week.
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:37 pm

Paz

Did you take a screenshot of my team?
    pazcrusader

Post by pazcrusader Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:45 pm

Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah I wasn't sure what to do with Copley, but seeing as B Henry is starting at 2nd row I'll make the switch.

and Green for reserve.

jstands wrote:

Did you take a screenshot of my team?

Wow, eerie much? I certainly hope not! It's a long season, I'm sure there'll be similarities and differences along the way What a Face Cheers

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:44 am