NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Supercoach 2021

mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Supercoach 2021 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2021

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:53 am

I have created a SC team. Worried that I may have missed some value picks from SC that arent as well priced in Fantasy. Are there any obvious ones?

I have Staines, who is significantly cheaper in SC even though he likely scores much more there. Otherwise have just taken my Fantasy team plus Suaalii, Staines, Schuster and Utoikamanu.

CTW looks really strong with Laurie, Capewell, Cotric, Bird.
    Eaglestar
    Eaglestar

Post by Eaglestar Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:16 am

I joined the group and L2 as well
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:08 am

FletchTopper wrote:Hey all - hoping to get some advice on how to rework my auto-draft team (10-team league, 17 total roster, 4 bench)

This is my first year playing and will be my first year watching keenly, so I’m just above a total newbie in knowledge. As a Dragons fan, I do know McInnes, but I also know he’s out for the year and he’s my starting (and only) hooker on my list. Is there someone I should target on the waiver wire as his replacement?

Also, Cleary was my first-round pick and is my halfback but I’ve been offered Keary for him, straight up. I know how good Cleary is but I know how good the Roosters are slated to be - any advice on how to broach accepting or declining this is appreciated!

The full list, if anyone has some other suggestions, is below:

McInnes
    Tolman Papaliii
    Cardigan Frizell Sironen
    Cleary
    Marshall
    Ikuvalu Lee Jennings Shibasaki
    Gutherson

Elsenhuth Stone Garner Edwards

Jeez mate, someone's trying to take the piss, but don't trade out Cleary for Keary!

As for hookers, not sure who's left but look at the team lists tomorrow after 4pm and pick the best looking starting hooker that is available. Feel free to shout out some names still available and I can give you my 2 cents. Smile
    FletchTopper
    FletchTopper

Post by FletchTopper Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:09 am

Teeth Eater wrote:

Jeez mate, someone's trying to take the piss, but don't trade out Cleary for Keary!

As for hookers, not sure who's left but look at the team lists tomorrow after 4pm and pick the best looking starting hooker that is available. Feel free to shout out some names still available and I can give you my 2 cents. Smile

Yeah I didn’t think I should accept that.

Some available guys are Tom Starling (the Raiders are still supposed to be good after making the GF right?), Mitch Rein, Cade Cust & Manase Fainu, Billy Walters, Ruben Cotter, Chris Randall...just a start.

How many hookers play at once? So like with Cust and Fainu - Cust has dual position availability but he can only play at hooker if Fainu isn’t there, right?
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:38 am

FletchTopper wrote:

Yeah I didn’t think I should accept that.

Some available guys are Tom Starling (the Raiders are still supposed to be good after making the GF right?), Mitch Rein, Cade Cust & Manase Fainu, Billy Walters, Ruben Cotter, Chris Randall...just a start.

How many hookers play at once? So like with Cust and Fainu - Cust has dual position availability but he can only play at hooker if Fainu isn’t there, right?

Haha, mate I think you need to do some catch up reading and watching. Wink

Only one hooker plays at any one time, but there may be another hooker on the bench to share minutes. Fainu is a gun, but a gun that will most likely not play footy in 2021. Speaking if catching up, I need to myself but Cust got injured in trials and not sure if he'll be fit for round one, or if he'll play hooker.

Tom Starling is also a gun but unlikely to play big minutes at Canberra behind Josh Hodgson.

The clear winner in the list you posted is Mitch Rein. Assuming Cameron Smith stays away from Titans he should be in for some decent minutes and he scores well when playing.
    FletchTopper
    FletchTopper

Post by FletchTopper Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:26 am

Teeth Eater wrote:

Haha, mate I think you need to do some catch up reading and watching. Wink

Only one hooker plays at any one time, but there may be another hooker on the bench to share minutes. Fainu is a gun, but a gun that will most likely not play footy in 2021. Speaking if catching up, I need to myself but Cust got injured in trials and not sure if he'll be fit for round one, or if he'll play hooker.

Tom Starling is also a gun but unlikely to play big minutes at Canberra behind Josh Hodgson.

The clear winner in the list you posted is Mitch Rein. Assuming Cameron Smith stays away from Titans he should be in for some decent minutes and he scores well when playing.

Yeah I’m one to jump in head first and learn as I go Laughing And thanks mate I’ll take a flyer on him. And yeah I’m itching for Rd 1 to start so I can dive head first ha. Is there a quality place or two for coverage, like blogs and stuff that you’d recommend?
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:54 am

FletchTopper wrote:

Yeah I’m one to jump in head first and learn as I go Laughing And thanks mate I’ll take a flyer on him. And yeah I’m itching for Rd 1 to start so I can dive head first ha. Is there a quality place or two for coverage, like blogs and stuff that you’d recommend?

You mean outside of watching the games? For me, that's the best way to go - to watch the games and get a feel for who's who and what's going on.

I remember I tried AFL Fantasy once just because I loved the NRL one and thought I could do okay just buying low selling high - just never worked as I had no idea who was who or anything about the game. It's a real struggle if you don't follow it to some degree, I find, at least.

Other than watching it, not sure where else to go for quality coverage. The NRL app has highlight packages and a pretty comprehensive match report, I guess. Not sure about blogs and stuff. I just watch the games as I love it. Smile
    FletchTopper
    FletchTopper

Post by FletchTopper Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:17 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

You mean outside of watching the games? For me, that's the best way to go - to watch the games and get a feel for who's who and what's going on.

I remember I tried AFL Fantasy once just because I loved the NRL one and thought I could do okay just buying low selling high - just never worked as I had no idea who was who or anything about the game. It's a real struggle if you don't follow it to some degree, I find, at least.

Other than watching it, not sure where else to go for quality coverage. The NRL app has highlight packages and a pretty comprehensive match report, I guess. Not sure about blogs and stuff. I just watch the games as I love it. Smile

It’s funny you say that, I’m actually coming to NRL after being an AFL fan for the last three years. Excited to learn a new game!
    Hannah2
    Hannah2

Post by Hannah2 Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:41 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

I totally agree with this! Due to insanity, I am playing FPL for the first time, and until I started watching the games, I had no idea. Check the sites and podcasts, but watch too.
    Eaglestar
    Eaglestar

Post by Eaglestar Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:19 pm

I created a league for SC if anyone interested in joining 138846
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:17 pm

Eaglestar wrote:I created a league for SC if anyone interested in joining 138846

In. Thanks. Smile
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:53 pm

Eaglestar wrote:I created a league for SC if anyone interested in joining 138846
    me too as Munster mash
    Ozymandias
    Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:36 pm

Just joined L2

Post by Guest Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:05 pm

How's eveyones team shaping up
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:17 pm

Seriously considering a reset. My front row is vomitous but not sure how to undo it without undoing the things I do like about the team. Thinking of running with it and seeing how it turns out.

Also vomitous is Kris in my CTW Bench because I'm about 5K short of someone incredibly desirable like Saab.

Tweaks to follow, I hope.
    Hannah2
    Hannah2

Post by Hannah2 Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:18 pm

I have changed my team so many times! I wish the round would start, but I don't have a team! Cheap hookers? Back up halves? No cheapies! OMG!
    Donkeyyyyyy
    Donkeyyyyyy

Post by Donkeyyyyyy Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:10 am

I'm in on both L2 and the group - The Flamin Galah's

Went well last year but was too late on spending money in the CTW which cost me at the back end of last year. Managed to spend a bit more coin there and found the value in the forwards instead. Best of luck to y'all
    t43597
    t43597

Post by t43597 Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:13 am

Hey all, im looking for 1 more person to complete a league of 8 for a live draft happening either next Monday or Tuesday night. Please let me know if you are interested, cheers!
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:35 pm

I need a cookie cutter Supercoach team to win free alcohol. Someone post something up.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:54 pm

RandomSil wrote:I need a cookie cutter Supercoach team to win free alcohol. Someone post something up.

This is nrlsctalk community team. Cookie Cutter as it'll get I'd say.
    https://twitter.com/NRLSCTalk/status/1369784692078125057?s=19

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 2:07 am