NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Share

    Spectre

    Posts : 1282
    Reputation : 99
    Join date : 2015-12-14

    Re: Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Post by Spectre on Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:57 pm

    Pearce will get a slap on the wrist.

    You are all forgetting who his dad is

    Dip

    Posts : 774
    Reputation : 81
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Post by Dip on Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:25 pm

    @Honeysett wrote:

    If someone did that I wouldn't be recording it, I would be escorting him out. Recording it is such a bitch thing to do nowadays (not saying you) - step in and stop it from happening before it becomes an issue.

    At least Pearce is going up in the animal chain of command, started with a Pussycat and now he's gone for a dog.

    In fairness. The person videoing could have been some 45kg 18 year old girl who wouldn't feel comfortable escorting Pearce out, and may have felt threatened in the situation so was recording it for her own safety.

    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 3848
    Reputation : 692
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Post by Honeysett on Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:05 pm

    @Dip wrote:

    In fairness. The person videoing could have been some 45kg 18 year old girl who wouldn't feel comfortable  escorting Pearce out, and may have felt threatened in the situation so was recording it for her own safety.

    Very true. Recording something has the potential to make someone more volatile in the situation though. Can't blame a young guy like Copley either, this is your new team captain. Not going to make many friends telling him to shape up

    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 2408
    Reputation : 505
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Post by No Worries on Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:19 pm

    The guy is definitely a bitch and was taping it with the expressed thought to post it. How many times does the douche ask Pearce his name.

    Krump

    Posts : 2280
    Reputation : 336
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Post by Krump on Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:28 pm

    Your Name wrote:The guy is definitely a bitch and was taping it with the expressed thought to post it. How many times does the douche ask Pearce his name.
    Yep doesn't change the fact he should know better though. Not only him but the other guys there have all been through education on this sort of crap, they should have taken him home long before he managed to get himself into that state.

    Bren
    Moderator

    Posts : 7866
    Reputation : 1112
    Join date : 2015-09-16

    Re: Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Post by Bren on Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:26 pm

    @Honeysett wrote:

    And if they pursued it legally they would win hands down. It would only be if they're still in work uniform that they don't have a leg to stand on. You can do anything in your own time as long as it doesn't impact on your work.
    Someone give Pearce a call, Ive found him a new Lawyer.

    Bren
    Moderator

    Posts : 7866
    Reputation : 1112
    Join date : 2015-09-16

    Re: Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Post by Bren on Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:30 pm

    Im surprised Pearce didnt do the whole "dont cord me bro"

    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 3848
    Reputation : 692
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Post by Honeysett on Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:15 pm

    @Bren wrote:
    Someone give Pearce a call, Ive found him a new Lawyer.

    I've handled a few things in the same vein, drunken/drug fueled footage.

    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 3848
    Reputation : 692
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Post by Honeysett on Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:16 pm

    We give these guys shit for being out and acting like dickheads so now they do it in a private location and they're being filmed. Bring back the days were the public used to help cover up these stories

    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 3848
    Reputation : 692
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Post by Honeysett on Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:38 pm

    I keep reading after every incidence that these guys are role models, yes they are but you need both good and bad role models. It's the parents job to raise these kids properly, I remember O'Neil pissed at the casino table, my parents told me he was in the wrong and not to do that. It's not like kids are going to sudden go around kissing lesbians and humping dogs.

    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 2408
    Reputation : 505
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Post by No Worries on Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:11 pm

    @Honeysett wrote:We give these guys shit for being out and acting like dickheads so now they do it in a private location and they're being filmed. Bring back the days were the public used to help cover up these stories

    When these sort of stories were things passed from those connected to die hard fans and never saw the light of day. Rumours about an Australian captain dropped off at the local police station by a taxi driver because he couldn't remember where he lived. The player who due to rumours got a nick name for his penchant for a sexual position but in fact wasn't part of the act which got him the nick name. But for me the turning point was when a young player who thought he was doing the right thing by going to brothels to stay away from headlines that can be caused by fucking groupies hit the headlines. That was when the media took it too far for me.


    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 3848
    Reputation : 692
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Post by Honeysett on Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:33 pm

    Your Name wrote:

    When these sort of stories were things passed from those connected to die hard fans and never saw the light of day. Rumours about an Australian captain dropped off at the local police station by a taxi driver because he couldn't remember where he lived. The player who due to rumours got a nick name for his penchant for a sexual position but in fact wasn't part of the act which got him the nick name. But for me the turning point was when a young player who thought he was doing the right thing by going to brothels to stay away from headlines that can be caused by fucking groupies hit the headlines. That was when the media took it too far for me.


    The same bloke that was asking for a photo ans buying you a free drink is the same bloke that is taking video of you to sell to the papers. Pieces of shit like Rothfield bob up and run their name through the mud, I wish I had time and enough money and follow Buzz around to see him slip up and make a big deal about it.

    Speaking of vermin I haven't seen Rebecca Wilson's take on this yet, she'd be fingerblasting herself over it.

    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 5735
    Reputation : 555
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Post by Welshy on Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:46 pm

    Wouldn't surprise me if the cretin who filmed it was from fanhub in a desperate ploy to take the heat off fantasy not opening on time!

    Well it worked you bastards! now get back to work!

    DreadLord

    Posts : 163
    Reputation : 27
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse

    Re: Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Post by DreadLord on Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:56 pm

    @Honeysett wrote:
    The same bloke that was asking for a photo ans buying you a free drink is the same bloke that is taking video of you to sell to the papers. Pieces of shit like Rothfield bob up and run their name through the mud, I wish I had time and enough money and follow Buzz around to see him slip up and make a big deal about it.

    Speaking of vermin I haven't seen Rebecca Wilson's take on this yet, she'd be fingerblasting herself over it.

    She just had her go on the 7.30 Report - it was all you'd expect from her  Fap  

    Not that I have any sympathy for these knobs though. These guys get paid very well for doing something they love to do, and due to the Public nature of their profession there are two stipulations - give it your best on the field, and behave in a socially responsible manner off it  Neutral

    DreadLord

    Posts : 163
    Reputation : 27
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse

    Re: Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Post by DreadLord on Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:12 pm

    @Honeysett wrote:We give these guys shit for being out and acting like dickheads so now they do it in a private location and they're being filmed. Bring back the days were the public used to help cover up these stories

    People haven't changed - just the available technology. For all types of psychological reasons people will always gossip. We ALL heard the stories about Player X doing the rounds back in the 'old days' - and we ALL passed them on to someone else. That's all that's happening here - just via Social Media instead of word of mouth. Had we had i-phone's back in the 80's it would've happened then too.

    Mighty Fishes

    Posts : 2141
    Reputation : 219
    Join date : 2015-08-01

    Re: Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Post by Mighty Fishes on Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:31 pm

    In the age of everyone needing to know everything too hasn't helped!

    I kinda miss the days before social media. I seriously don't know how people can stare at their phones for hours upon hours on end!

    Mighty Fishes

    Posts : 2141
    Reputation : 219
    Join date : 2015-08-01

    Re: Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Post by Mighty Fishes on Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:33 pm

    I just a watching the 7.30 report. Does Rebecca Wilson just hate men or something?

    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 2408
    Reputation : 505
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Post by No Worries on Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:52 pm

    People have changed. As the pay packets have increased the expectations on these guys have too. Right or wrong.

    Have the people providing the pay packet put in the measures equivalent to meet this ? My company is responsible to provide me the tools, training and experience to do my job. Are the clubs doing this ?

    An argument for the negative could be mounted based on the number of players who hit the headline for all the wrong reasons. Because if you include role model as part of the job description then they definitely fall short.

    The players are expendable, do the minimum to cover any legal requirements and the players are treated as less than assets like you and I. Because assets can return a tax break through depreciation.

    I will hark back to one of the biggest miscarriage of justices in my book:

    Young gun goes away on a trial game
    Shit goes down he wasn't involved in
    Kid has to attend interrogation
    Kid is cleared
    Club tells kid don't get yourself involved in this kind of behavior
    Kid gets selected for origin
    Kid bangs a hooker to celebrate
    Media report him coming out of a brothel
    Kid gets dropped from origin

    Who fucked up ? The kid, the club or the media ?

    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 3848
    Reputation : 692
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Post by Honeysett on Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:57 pm

    @DreadLord wrote:

    She just had her go on the 7.30 Report - it was all you'd expect from her  Fap  

    Not that I have any sympathy for these knobs though. These guys get paid very well for doing something they love to do, and due to the Public nature of their profession there are two stipulations - give it your best on the field, and behave in a socially responsible manner off it  Neutral

    My retort to her everytime would be you drove drunk and could have killed someone, Pearce was a twat. You put lives in danger. If daddy didn't run the media you would have been fucked off long ago. She's filth. I wish I could meet her and Buzz in the one night, calmly telling them that everything about them is ugly.

    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 3848
    Reputation : 692
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Post by Honeysett on Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:59 pm

    Your Name wrote:People have changed. As the pay packets have increased the expectations on these guys have too. Right or wrong.

    Have the people providing the pay packet put in the measures equivalent to meet this ? My company is responsible to provide me the tools, training and experience to do my job. Are the clubs doing this ?

    An argument for the negative could be mounted based on the number of players who hit the headline for all the wrong reasons. Because if you include role model as part of the job description then they definitely fall short.

    The players are expendable, do the minimum to cover any legal requirements and the players are treated as less than assets like you and I. Because assets can return a tax break through depreciation.

    I will hark back to one of the biggest miscarriage of justices in my book:

    Young gun goes away on a trial game
    Shit goes down he wasn't involved in
    Kid has to attend interrogation
    Kid is cleared
    Club tells kid don't get yourself involved in this kind of behavior
    Kid gets selected for origin
    Kid bangs a hooker to celebrate
    Media report him coming out of a brothel
    Kid gets dropped from origin

    Who fucked up ? The kid, the club or the media ?

    Who was the kid? I can't recall.

    What's wrong with a brothel? Isn't that the point of them?

      Current date/time is Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:50 pm