NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Share
    avatar
    Krump

    Posts : 2405
    Reputation : 385
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Post by Krump on Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:55 am

    Your Name wrote:I was at the cricket on Australia Day with one of my mates. I invited him back to my place for beers to kick on afterwards. When we got there my wife had one of her girlfriends over. Anyway long story short, my married mate ends up tonkin the wifes girlfriend right there on the living room couch. I got it all on video. I don't have his consent but I'm going to sell it to one of those porn sites and cash in.

    lol! Fucking GOLD! 
    The "mates" who video these footballers and flog it off are just as bad as they are.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Post by Guest on Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:58 am

    Your wifes girlfriend sounds easy. Whats her number? Oh and you know picsorban.

    Dip

    Posts : 1061
    Reputation : 143
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Post by Dip on Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:14 am

    Welshy87 wrote:
    It was probably Copley...will head back to the donkeys now like haha i filmed the burke lads, now where's my money?

    Copley wasn't filming as he was in it. Would be funny if he came back to the Broncos. Wonder if we can get the Roosters to pay half his salary haha.
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 4652
    Reputation : 1293
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Post by Honeysett on Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:17 am

    Bren wrote:
    So if a News reporter was taped doing the same thing they wouldnt get the sack? Also just because it didnt happen at work doesnt mean there is no cause for termination of employment.


    that's again someone in the public eye, which is different. If you or me did that we couldn't be sacked due to it happening outside of work, you'd win an unfair dismissal case in seconds.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 1753
    Reputation : 137
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Post by Pieman on Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:25 am

    @Dip wrote:Pissing a woman's couch and not leaving when told to until his friends stepped in. This on top of previously being suspended for groping a chick couple of years ago. He obviously doesn't learn when it comes to the image his employer wants to portray.

    THere is no footage of the pissing on the couch, he doesn't acknowledge it at all in the video - so he just denies that one and he off that, after they asked him to leave, he just sat there and then eventually they get up and go.

    Honestly, IMO the only thing he has done wrong is be stupidly drunk at some strangers house. The dog thing, I mean fuck, he picked it up and jokingly pretended to hump it, far out, who cares?

    avatar
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 4831
    Reputation : 1415
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Post by Milchcow on Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:31 am


    If he does manage to get away with just a 6 week suspension and a token fine, he's the luckiest bastard in the league.

    Footballers that can't learn what is acceptable behaviour need to at least learn what the consequences are for acting like a dickhead
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 4652
    Reputation : 1293
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Post by Honeysett on Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:34 am

    He's clearly got a problem with alcohol. That should be his first thought, giving that up.

    He's meant to be the captain.

    Dip

    Posts : 1061
    Reputation : 143
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Post by Dip on Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:42 am

    @Pieman wrote:

    THere is no footage of the pissing on the couch, he doesn't acknowledge it at all in the video - so he just denies that one and he off that, after they asked him to leave, he just sat there and then eventually they get up and go.

    Honestly, IMO the only thing he has done wrong is be stupidly drunk at some strangers house. The dog thing, I mean fuck, he picked it up and jokingly pretended to hump it, far out, who cares?


    Yeah I agree the dog thing doesn't look great, but really isn't that bad. Talk about the RSPCA getting involved is rediculous. I also think it's more of a bad look for Pearce than the club or game. He's going to be reminded of that at every away game he plays for the next few years.

    The pissing thing I reckon he won't get away with a denial. He didn't deny it then and neither did anyone else there at the time, and to be honest, he was so drunk that he probably wouldn't even remember pissing himself. I also don't really buy the whole "forced a kiss on her" story. I know she gave a throw away lesbian line, but I thought that was more tongue in cheek and she didn't pull away from the kiss.

    Individually I reckon he could have got away with any of those things and at most got a couple of weeks off for pissing on someones couch on video, but all together, on top of his previous indiscretion means I think he'll be deregistered. If they deregistered Carney for doing a lot less (at the end), then I think Pearce needs to go if they apply the same criteria. Ironically, I reckon Carney was harder done by than Pearce (in the end).

    I know Carney got fired from the Roosters, but that was for being at a pub with Nate Myles, not for any misbehaviour. I wonder if they fire Pearce and he goes to Super League for a year. In the meantime the Roosters sign Carney and have him re-registered after "learning his lesson" in ESL for a seasons (which I reckon would be enough for Pearce as well). If that happened, the Roosters and NSW would end up with a better halfback anyway. Either that or Hayne plays 5/8 for them in round 1 (not serious - I hope Hayne continues in the NFL).
    avatar
    Krump

    Posts : 2405
    Reputation : 385
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Post by Krump on Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:43 am

    All contracts should have universal behavioural clauses inserted by and then policed by the NRL. Instances like this affect the whole game not just one club so it should be a game wide penalty. If the NRL then decides to sack him thats the end of it, no signing with another team and effectively punishing the team that came down hard on them to protect their image.
    Any attempts by clubs to circumvent that structure should result is an immediate loss of competition points.

    Dip

    Posts : 1061
    Reputation : 143
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Post by Dip on Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:45 am

    @Honeysett wrote:He's clearly got a problem with alcohol. That should be his first thought, giving that up.

    He's meant to be the captain.

    Hasn't he said to the media before something like he's giving up alcohol for the run up to the finals, only to be photographed at lunch with some team mates and Keiran Foran from memory and a beer?

    I'm not having a go at him for having a beer, just for him making a point of saying to the media he won't be having one, then having one anyway.
    avatar
    Beast From The Big East

    Posts : 1627
    Reputation : 81
    Join date : 2015-09-21

    Re: Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Post by Beast From The Big East on Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:50 am

    @Dip wrote:

    Yeah I agree the dog thing doesn't look great, but really isn't that bad. Talk about the RSPCA getting involved is rediculous. I also think it's more of a bad look for Pearce than the club or game. He's going to be reminded of that at every away game he plays for the next few years.

    The pissing thing I reckon he won't get away with a denial. He didn't deny it then and neither did anyone else there at the time, and to be honest, he was so drunk that he probably wouldn't even remember pissing himself. I also don't really buy the whole "forced a kiss on her" story. I know she gave a throw away lesbian line, but I thought that was more tongue in cheek and she didn't pull away from the kiss.

    Individually I reckon he could have got away with any of those things and at most got a couple of weeks off for pissing on someones couch on video, but all together, on top of his previous indiscretion means I think he'll be deregistered. If they deregistered Carney for doing a lot less (at the end), then I think Pearce needs to go if they apply the same criteria. Ironically, I reckon Carney was harder done by than Pearce (in the end).

    I know Carney got fired from the Roosters, but that was for being at a pub with Nate Myles, not for any misbehaviour. I wonder if they fire Pearce and he goes to Super League for a year. In the meantime the Roosters sign Carney and have him re-registered after "learning his lesson" in ESL for a seasons (which I reckon would be enough for Pearce as well). If that happened, the Roosters and NSW would end up with a better halfback anyway. Either that or Hayne plays 5/8 for them in round 1 (not serious - I hope Hayne continues in the NFL).

    Yea in the end Carney was more or less deregistered for his past problems. Whether they deem Pearce as racked up enough past issues will be the key.

    And as for outside groups coming in and whinging, I'm very surprised we haven't had a full on feminist/lgbt group come round and blow the whole kissing a lesbian thing way out of proportion
    avatar
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 4831
    Reputation : 1415
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Post by Milchcow on Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:50 am

    @Dip wrote:

    The pissing thing I reckon he won't get away with a denial. He didn't deny it then and neither did anyone else there at the time, and to be honest, he was so drunk that he probably wouldn't even remember pissing himself. I also don't really buy the whole "forced a kiss on her" story. I know she gave a throw away lesbian line, but I thought that was more tongue in cheek and she didn't pull away from the kiss.

    Fuck off with that shit.
    Some girl getting accosted by some guy who is sloshed off his face and has his 10 footy mates with him, and its all OK because she didn't push him away quick enough.

    Bullshit

    Oz Sport Mad

    Posts : 918
    Reputation : 186
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    Re: Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Post by Oz Sport Mad on Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:14 am

    Now that I have seen the footage, I'm with Pieman.

    There's fuck all in this story other than his deadshit 'mate' who flogged it off for a quick buck (but will later deny it and say someone else got a hold of it)....

    A bit of harmless fun with the public embarrassment being enough of a punishment IMO.

    Always amusing to see the public knee-jerk hysteria when something like this happens but it's pretty ordinary if it has repercussions on a young blokes career.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Post by Guest on Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:15 am

    @Honeysett wrote:


    that's again someone in the public eye, which is different. If you or me did that we couldn't be sacked due to it happening outside of work, you'd win an unfair dismissal case in seconds.

    Have heard of several people dismissed because of photos of them doing the rounds on social media etc of certain activities they got up to in their own time. I cant recall the exact terminology but something about not representing the business / company in an appropriate manner (there was more to it but as it wasn't me personally or any of my mates I couldnt give a rats)
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 4652
    Reputation : 1293
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Post by Honeysett on Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:17 am

    Bren wrote:

    Have heard of several people dismissed because of photos of them doing the rounds on social media etc of certain activities they got up to in their own time. I cant recall the exact terminology but something about not representing  the business / company in an appropriate manner (there was more to it but as it wasn't me personally or any of my mates I couldnt give a rats)

    And if they pursued it legally they would win hands down. It would only be if they're still in work uniform that they don't have a leg to stand on. You can do anything in your own time as long as it doesn't impact on your work.

    Dip

    Posts : 1061
    Reputation : 143
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Post by Dip on Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:19 am

    @Milchcow wrote:

    Fuck off with that shit.
    Some girl getting accosted by some guy who is sloshed off his face and has his 10 footy mates with him, and its all OK because she didn't push him away quick enough.

    Bullshit

    Yeah possibly. I don't know who was there or the whole vibe of the night. Plus, i've never been so drunk I pissed my pants and a couch then simulated fucking a dog, so I don't know what the correct reaction is in that situation. If I was and had reacted inappropriately, my mates would step in and remove me from the situation and tell me to pull my head in, but maybe I've got better mates than Mitchell.
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 4652
    Reputation : 1293
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Post by Honeysett on Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:35 am

    @Dip wrote:

    Yeah possibly. I don't know who was there or the whole vibe of the night. Plus, i've never been so drunk I pissed my pants and a couch then simulated fucking a dog, so I don't know what the correct reaction is in that situation. If I was and had reacted inappropriately, my mates would step in and remove me from the situation and tell me to pull my head in, but maybe I've got better mates than Mitchell.

    Perhaps your mates aren't leaches, they're probably mates with Pearce because of his money and or fame.

    Can we rule out it wasn't Niko that shot the footage, wanted a shot at first grade after all..
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 8751
    Reputation : 1448
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Post by SI on Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:50 am

    @Honeysett wrote:
    @Dip wrote:

    Yeah possibly. I don't know who was there or the whole vibe of the night. Plus, i've never been so drunk I pissed my pants and a couch then simulated fucking a dog, so I don't know what the correct reaction is in that situation. If I was and had reacted inappropriately, my mates would step in and remove me from the situation and tell me to pull my head in, but maybe I've got better mates than Mitchell.

    Perhaps your mates aren't leaches, they're probably mates with Pearce because of his money and or fame.

    Can we rule out it wasn't Niko that shot the footage, wanted a shot at first grade after all..
    Idea to Niko.

    And all of Dip's mates are accountants.

    Dip

    Posts : 1061
    Reputation : 143
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Post by Dip on Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:25 am

    @SI wrote:
    Idea to Niko.

    And all of Dip's mates are accountants.

    Accountants don't have mates.

    Also, whose to say the guy taking the video was one of Pearce's crew? I assumed it was one of the chick's friends who was also there. When Pearce left the video person made no attempt to get up.

    If some fucknuckle I don't personally know pissed a mates' couch, I'd have no qualms posting it either in order to teach them a lesson.
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 4652
    Reputation : 1293
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Pearce video taped doing a Monaghan

    Post by Honeysett on Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:53 am

    @Dip wrote:

    Accountants don't have mates.

    Also, whose to say the guy taking the video was one of Pearce's crew? I assumed it was one of the chick's friends who was also there. When Pearce left the video person made no attempt to get up.

    If some fucknuckle I don't personally know pissed a mates' couch, I'd have no qualms posting it either in order to teach them a lesson.

    If someone did that I wouldn't be recording it, I would be escorting him out. Recording it is such a bitch thing to do nowadays (not saying you) - step in and stop it from happening before it becomes an issue.

    At least Pearce is going up in the animal chain of command, started with a Pussycat and now he's gone for a dog.

      Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:58 am