NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Official State of Origin Match (Qlders complaining about the ref) Thread

Finch
    Finch

Official State of Origin Match (Qlders complaining about the ref) Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Official State of Origin Match (Qlders complaining about the ref) Thread

Post by Finch Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:53 pm

Gagai Hype!!!
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Official State of Origin Match (Qlders complaining about the ref) Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Official State of Origin Match (Qlders complaining about the ref) Thread

Post by RandomSil Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:55 pm

Someone say QLD?
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:12 pm

Solid win. Series on! One of the best reffed games I've seen. Mitchell binning and two Canberra Raiders Players in the Blues side the difference.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:17 pm

thought it was gunna be a repeat of last year with the way we were finding ways not to score tries in the first half, but turned it around big-time in the second, pleasantly surprised to get away with that one, hooker is about the only concern i have with the current side, to repeat an earlier point, that was the worst service out of dummy-half QLD have had in a very long time and considering the bloke Hunt replaced, it was a low bar to clear.
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:17 pm

Fuck me,Klemmer only got 12 minutes that second half??? What a joke.
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:21 pm

The spine was the difference again.

Ponga didn't have the running game of teddy but showed what he has in attack at the line and always looked dangerous. DCE controlled the game beautifully, Munster was always dangerous. Hunt, yep, some ordinary service, but stayed in the game.

Teddy and Cook good, Cleary solid early and an ok game,but Walker really didn't offer anything,when you 6 is getting dragged, you haven't got the right spine. I suspect that will be Codys first and last Origin game.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:23 pm

surmo13 wrote:

I'm totally sure you haven't had a problem with one decision made :ThumbsUp:
    Nope.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:10 am

surmo13 wrote:thought it was gunna be a repeat of last year with the way we were finding ways not to score tries in the first half, but turned it around big-time in the second, pleasantly surprised to get away with that one, hooker is about the only concern i have with the current side, to repeat an earlier point, that was the worst service out of dummy-half QLD have had in a very long time and considering the bloke Hunt replaced, it was a low bar to clear.

You were watching a different game to me - Hunt was superb and I thought his service was a shitload better than what I see from FAC.

Not only that, he took a leaf from Cook's book and was straightening the attack before passing it off which gave our halves way more time.

Defence was never the concern for me with BHunt - he was one of our best players I thought.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:14 am

outplayed for the large majority of the game

left side was awful, walker/trell/jac just defended like crap all game, we were lucky JAC had the speed to recover and save 2 tries but the threat was constant and a real concern for game 2

Both halves were also poor imo, i mean you can say cleary did ok but he also went missing for a large majority of that second half, when we had a good defensive set cherry evans would put in a good kick, we boyd cordner putting in rushed kicks. i wouldn't drop him or anything but he is the halfback and has to take control

Cook/Teddy were awesome

I can't agree with the way freddy used our forwards, klem, jurbo and frizzell all had way to long stints off the field, haas played to long of a stint, he is a quality young player but it looked to much for him last night

the fact that we were for a large majority outplayed and still came pretty close to stealing it up there gives me some confidence moving forward, not to mention the fact the biggest play of the game was probably the brain fart by wighton, i'm still confident we can win series.

Left side has to be better, latrell needs to be our strike weapon not our biggest liability
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:40 am

leaguegod wrote:outplayed for the large majority of the game

left side was awful, walker/trell/jac just defended like crap all game, we were lucky JAC had the speed to recover and save 2 tries but the threat was constant and a real concern for game 2

Both halves were also poor imo, i mean you can say cleary did ok but he also went missing for a large majority of that second half, when we had a good defensive set cherry evans would put in a good kick, we boyd cordner putting in rushed kicks. i wouldn't drop him or anything but he is the halfback and has to take control

Cook/Teddy were awesome

I can't agree with the way freddy used our forwards, klem, jurbo and frizzell all had way to long stints off the field, haas played to long of a stint, he is a quality young player but it looked to much for him last night

the fact that we were for a large majority outplayed and still came pretty close to stealing it up there gives me some confidence moving forward, not to mention the fact the biggest play of the game was probably the brain fart by wighton, i'm still confident we can win series.

Left side has to be better, latrell needs to be our strike weapon not our biggest liability

I don't think Walker's (and the rest of that edge) defence was poor, but the gameplan he was playing to was. Walker, both centres, both wingers, too aggressive. Freddy obviously had the outside backs jamming up and in earlier then normal to try and rattle the halves and take time away from them, but the counter attack was too obvious and too effective. The only reason it didnt cost at least 3, maybe 4 tries was Chambers being terrible and JAC getting in the way of the pass. I get that you want to take space and time away from the footwork of Ponga but you dont do that by giving him open men on the outside.

Walker being ineffective is a by product of the forwards getting pumped. Cleary needed to command more ball because he's got the long kicking game (and he had a really good night with the boot to be fair). Its hard to blame the ball running 5/8th for being quiet when he doesnt get the opportunity to do anything. Cook and Teddy both very good, also thought Frizell, JTurbo and Murray had good games. Freddy also used his bench terribly. I get that his coaching style is the Mal school of thought and its more about getting the team cohesive and pumped but he needs someone whose a legit coach over his shoulder looking after the rotation because he cooked it last night. On paper they have the better bench by a mile but they were completely ineffective.

Ponga should have been MOTM, very busy and just about got me to climax with the last pass to Gagai. Glorious. Kaufusi and Papalli were also fantastic.

Only obvious change for both teams is ARey in for Cleary and TTurbo in for Morris - who did 1 thing all game, score a try that every centre in the league would have scored. Boring and conservative. No wonder they pushed him out and had Cotric playing centre in attack for the second half.

On field reffing was good, the video needs to have a fucking look at himself though. The early one where Munster grounded the ball, chaser was a mile offside and NSW scored off the following set they shouldnt have had and if THIS is a penalty try last year, how Gilette's isnt, when he was closer to both the ball and the line when he was taken out then Boyd was is a joke.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:45 am

Said before I thought Cleary was a passenger last year and without Maloney he'd struggle. He proved it last night. Our debutantes for the most part weren't up to it or at least over whelmed. Left side, forward rotation agree with what's already been said. What pisses me off is how Gagai is man of the match. He scored 2 tries so he gets it. It's always been the mentality but it's stupid. An intercept and being at the end of a movement. I had every plan on coming in here to say I thought he was flatter than usual. Wasn't busting tackles, just hitting it up, but then may be it was just because Ponga was sparkling he looked average. Well there I said it anyway. How wasn't Ponga man of the match.

And last night's biggest pisser. Picking Josh Morris as FTS not putting anything on it and it pays $23. Bang But to soften the blow Sportsbet payed out early on the Blues win.
    Lebbo73

Post by Lebbo73 Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:58 am

Ice wrote:To the game.

Huge boiler over away from home for mine.

NSW 18-14
    FTS Ponga
    LTS Morris
    MotM Tedesco
    If you didn’t have those blue coloured glasses on you would’ve picked the score brother. Beer
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:00 am

ryno_ wrote:

I don't think Walker's (and the rest of that edge) defence was poor, but the gameplan he was playing to was. Walker, both centres, both wingers, too aggressive. Freddy obviously had the outside backs jamming up and in earlier then normal to try and rattle the halves and take time away from them, but the counter attack was too obvious and too effective. The only reason it didnt cost at least 3, maybe 4 tries was Chambers being terrible and JAC getting in the way of the pass. I get that you want to take space and time away from the footwork of Ponga but you dont do that by giving him open men on the outside.

Walker being ineffective is a by product of the forwards getting pumped. Cleary needed to command more ball because he's got the long kicking game (and he had a really good night with the boot to be fair). Its hard to blame the ball running 5/8th for being quiet when he doesnt get the opportunity to do anything. Cook and Teddy both very good, also thought Frizell, JTurbo and Murray had good games. Freddy also used his bench terribly. I get that his coaching style is the Mal school of thought and its more about getting the team cohesive and pumped but he needs someone whose a legit coach over his shoulder looking after the rotation because he cooked it last night. On paper they have the better bench by a mile but they were completely ineffective.

Ponga should have been MOTM, very busy and just about got me to climax with the last pass to Gagai. Glorious. Kaufusi and Papalli were also fantastic.

Only obvious change for both teams is ARey in for Cleary and TTurbo in for Morris - who did 1 thing all game, score a try that every centre in the league would have scored. Boring and conservative. No wonder they pushed him out and had Cotric playing centre in attack for the second half.

On field reffing was good, the video needs to have a fucking look at himself though. The early one where Munster grounded the ball, chaser was a mile offside and NSW scored off the following set they shouldnt have had and if THIS is a penalty try last year, how Gilette's isnt, when he was closer to both the ball and the line when he was taken out then Boyd was is a joke.

Agree with most of this, particularly the two big blunders by the ref's - thankfully didn't coast us the game but made me shit myself when we should have won comfortably.

Although great, not sure about Ponga for MoTM either - hard to single out a forward (the difference for mine) so happy enough to give it to the winger.

In terms of the forwards, Kaufusi grows another leg in SOO, he was deadset immense.
    Somebody, I have never been a fan of (McGuire) also really good too.
    Papali, Napa, Ofa, Arrow, BHunt and Fifita all among our best.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:29 am

Thanks for the money TAB. Easiest money I have ever made.

I thought Gillett's one was a pretty clear obvious penalty try. It should have been for sure.
    The offside one - I agree he was offside. I say this every year - they ref SOO totally differently to how they ref club games. SOO is the WWE version of Rugly League. The refs put the whistles away, they let high tackles go, they let blokes lay in the ruck and wrestle and niggle etc. Was there even a single offside penalty last night? I mean fuck, they want it to be a free flowing game which I understand because it suits the casual viewer but far out its reffed totally differently to a club game.

Gagai should retire from club footy and only play origin - he never does anything like that in club games.

Is Cleary the least creative half in the game? His defense is excellent, his kicking game was decent mostly. But as far as ball playing goes? Non-existant. Cleary isnt even the dominant half in his own side, he shouldnt be expected to be a dominant half at origin level.

Pearce is the form halfback in the comp - there is merit to giving him another crack. We need an on the ball halfback who can take charge and he best fits that. Reynolds does compliment Walker well at club level though so he is prob next in line.

People bagging walker? He was taken off, why the fuck would you take your 6 off. Dont much around with the halves. If Wighton is better, start him at 6, dont chop and change through the game. As soon as wighton comes on in the halves late in the game, he thinks he has to do something right away - which ends in an intercept try. Walker comes straight back on and sets up the JTrbo try. Imagine taking Lockyer off to get Cronk on. Imagine taking Thurston off to get DCE on. Freddy's rotations were shocking last night.

I stand by saying Finucane should have been there - that bigger body in the middle would have helped. Big and experienced, excellent middle defender.

Honestly, I dont know what they do with Cleary. He clearly shouldn't have been there in the first place, but with the injury to reynolds he was a bit of a ?. So Cleary may not have been there anyway if the injury didnt happen. I would like to see them persist with him, but that depends how he bounces back at club level IMO. If his form doesnt improve, then dont fucking pick him. There was just so much - "give it to teddy and hope he can burn his bloke" play.

Latrell mitchell.... wow. Is he still injured?? Fuck me dead he had an absolute shocker last night. Deadset.... shocker.

Ponga was the difference last night. Geez some of those passes from hunt were shocking - he looked tired as fuck at one stage. Why have mbye there if you arent prepared to use him. As soon as hunt started throwing some of those grubber passes they should have got Mbye out there to give him a rest.

Is anyone else sick of all the lead up stuff? All the hyping etc. Fuck it is draining I reckon. I fucking HATE hearing "thats an origin play" "thats an origin tacke" 600 times throughout the telecast fuck it gets annoying after a while.

Dip

Post by Dip Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:16 am

I can't for the life of me work out why the video ref doesn't use a line on the screen like the VAR in soccer or the virtual world record line in swimming. Surely it's not that hard. I struggle accept that Tedesco wasn't well offside when they got a repeat set where Morris scored. Then the video ref goes by a camera shot that looks like it was taken from the corner post nowhere near in line with the kick.
    Ice

Post by Ice Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:55 am

Lebbo73 wrote:
    If you didn’t have those blue coloured glasses on you would’ve picked the score brother. Beer

Correct, my Blues hat made that call in here cause I wouldn't say otherwise on the day of the game. My brain though, which controls my TAB account has softened the blow this morning🤑🤑
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:24 am

Dip wrote:I can't for the life of me work out why the video ref doesn't use a line on the screen like the VAR in soccer or the virtual world record line in swimming. Surely it's not that hard. I struggle accept that Tedesco wasn't well offside when they got a repeat set where Morris scored. Then the video ref goes by a camera shot that looks like it was taken from the corner post nowhere near in line with the kick.

Yeah I dont know why they cant too. Its crazy.
    I understand that passes can go forward and not be considered a forward pass - but fuck some blatant ones get let go.
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:00 am

That was my first origin game after years of watching it on TV.  The qld home crowd is fairly brutal and intimidating for officials.  TV coverage doesn't give it justice how loud they are.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:05 am

No Worries wrote:FTS - Morris

QLD to complain pass was forward, look at the line

Dip wrote:I can't for the life of me work out why the video ref doesn't use a line on the screen like the VAR in soccer or the virtual world record line in swimming. Surely it's not that hard. I struggle accept that Tedesco wasn't well offside when they got a repeat set where Morris scored. Then the video ref goes by a camera shot that looks like it was taken from the corner post nowhere near in line with the kick.

Missed the in game multi by 1 leg. Got Morris and the line, but it was offside not forward.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:43 am

No Worries wrote:

Missed the in game multi by 1 leg. Got Morris and the line, but it was offside not forward.

In your defence, it's fairly difficult to predict what the ref's will fuck up.

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:44 am