NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Round 9 Trades

Poll

$79k in the bank

[ 2 ]
    Round 9 Trades Bar_left2%Round 9 Trades Bar_right [2%] 
    [ 19 ]
    Round 9 Trades Bar_left19%Round 9 Trades Bar_right [19%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Round 9 Trades Bar_left7%Round 9 Trades Bar_right [7%] 
    [ 23 ]
    Round 9 Trades Bar_left23%Round 9 Trades Bar_right [23%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Round 9 Trades Bar_left0%Round 9 Trades Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Round 9 Trades Bar_left1%Round 9 Trades Bar_right [1%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Round 9 Trades Bar_left7%Round 9 Trades Bar_right [7%] 
    [ 11 ]
    Round 9 Trades Bar_left11%Round 9 Trades Bar_right [11%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Round 9 Trades Bar_left3%Round 9 Trades Bar_right [3%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 1 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 22 ]
    Round 9 Trades Bar_left22%Round 9 Trades Bar_right [22%] 
    [ 1 ]
    [ 4 ]
    Round 9 Trades Bar_left3%Round 9 Trades Bar_right [3%] 

Total Votes: 101
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Round 9 Trades Empty Round 9 Trades

Post by Milchcow Wed May 08, 2019 7:32 am

Current team

Round 9 Trades Commun10
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Round 9 Trades Empty Re: Round 9 Trades

Post by Milchcow Wed May 08, 2019 7:37 am

My 2 week plan is Morgan to Arey and CHT to cashout this week.

Use Bateman to loop Lomax/Xerri

Then next week Bateman to gun (possibly Taumalolo) and look at Burr/Lawrie upgrade
    Burr/Lawrie to Farah looks like it might be possible.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed May 08, 2019 7:46 am

Milchy wrote:
    My 2 week plan is Morgan to Arey and CHT to cashout this week.

Use Bateman to loop Lomax/Xerri

Then next week Bateman to gun (possibly Taumalolo) and look at Burr/Lawrie upgrade
    Burr/Lawrie to Farah looks like it might be possible.

The only concern I have with the above is that it forces us to either
    1) play Carty in the halves for the next two weeks (on average -10 points compared to Morgan)
    2) shift Ponga to the halves and play Sivo or Lomax at the back (on average -5 points [Sivo] compared to Morgan). Probably my preferred option of the two.

The plus side as you say would be that you get a free look at Xerri. But I really dont see a great deal of upside on that. Xerri vs the Titans should go at his average, probably more, in which case we'd take his score. He'd have to put up and absolute stinker for us to gain much out of the loop (given Lomax looks like a ~30 point player).

I personally would rather maximise our 17's scoring than rely on a loop doing the job for us.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed May 08, 2019 8:04 am

If we bring Dearden in he is an option over Carty. I am comfortable playing Cartwright though short term.
    Averaging around 40 since moving to starting 2RF, that's good enough for me until we get a chance to bring a keeper in.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed May 08, 2019 8:14 am

Who would you want as 2nd half?

Keep Morgan for a bit?
    Ponga to halves and bring in a WFB like RTS?
    Or bring in a 2nd gun? (Pearce/Cleary, someone)
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed May 08, 2019 8:14 am

Milchy wrote:
    If we bring Dearden in he is an option over Carty. I am comfortable playing Cartwright though short term.
    Averaging around 40 since moving to starting 2RF, that's good enough for me until we get a chance to bring a keeper in.

I cant see the rationale for brining in a non-round 12 playing cash out to be honest when theres a perfectly good round 12 playing one there. Round should make decent enough cash through to 13, play 12 for some extra points and then be a good trade out prior to 16 for added points there.

As for Carty, you are right in that 40 points wouldn't be the end of the world. Thats said, do you really think the loop is worth 5 points in this instance? I just see the chances of Xerri login so low that we loop him being slim to none.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed May 08, 2019 8:14 am

I can live with those trades. I mean I don't think there is much difference between Morgan and Bateman. We have to play Cartwright instead for a couple of weeks, to use Bateman once loop..
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed May 08, 2019 8:18 am

Milchy wrote:
    Who would you want as 2nd half?

Keep Morgan for a bit?
    Ponga to halves and bring in a WFB like RTS?
    Or bring in a 2nd gun? (Pearce/Cleary, someone)

Yeah, I'd keep Morgan for this week at least.

I've said it a number of times but we are pretty fucked right now for round 12. We have 6 players! Therefore Im not ever really entertaining any options of non round 12 playing guys unless there is clear value. So RTS is a no for me cause Farah is the guy to target if we are going for a non round 12 guy and realistically we can only get one.

Id be bringing in Young and Reynolds this week for both our red dots (CHT and Bateman).

Then Farah and Tolo next week for 2 of Lawrie/Burr/Morgan.

The above is based on the assumption Bateman is confirmed out beyond 12 - is that definitely the case? If there is any doubt, and that doubt could be erased before next round, then I think its worth holding him.

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed May 08, 2019 8:20 am

Random wrote:I can live with those trades. I mean I don't think there is much difference between Morgan and Bateman. We have to play Cartwright instead for a couple of weeks, to use Bateman once loop..

I personally think looping is something you do if you happen to have red dots that allow it. I think forming strategy/trades around looping isn't sensible.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed May 08, 2019 8:34 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:
    Random wrote:I can live with those trades. I mean I don't think there is much difference between Morgan and Bateman. We have to play Cartwright instead for a couple of weeks, to use Bateman once loop..

I personally think looping is something you do if you happen to have red dots that allow it. I think forming strategy/trades around looping isn't sensible.

Actually yeah, I am tending to this. Morgan/Cartwright is a trade, that if it doesn't happen this week. Might not happen for awhile, and Bateman is being traded out no matter what next week. So essentially we are sacrificing 5 points each week (Until we upgrade Cartwright) to be able to use the loop for one week. Just based on that purely thing it has to be Bateman & CHT. Hudson will be playing Round 12. There is some risk because of Ricky changing the team, but he is the most likely and decent cash cow. Couple that with Reynolds who is the best HLF option for Round 12. Then it makes sense to make those trades this week, and address the carnage. Tolo/Farah can still potentially be picked up next week for Burr/Cartwright/Lawrie. With another being a cashout option.

I am essentially making the same trades for myself this week, and I feel a lot better about having Morgan there then relying on Cartwright/Dearden for the foreseeable future. I also much rather using next weeks trade on a gun, than feeling like we need to forgo someone like Tolo to grab another gun HLF at this stage.

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed May 08, 2019 9:06 am

What are you expecting from Young on terms of points and job security. I am not convinced he is worth a trade on.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed May 08, 2019 9:38 am

Milchy wrote:
    What are you expecting from Young on terms of points and job security. I am not convinced he is worth a trade on.

Hard to say isn't it given the NRL data we've got.

Looking at his stats from Mounties this year, he loves a try.

I think realistically you hope he keeps the starting gig through to round 12, plays 60 odd minutes and scores in the 30-40 range on average. Then if he could score at the upper end of that in round 12 you'd be laughing. Trade him out shortly after and you likely make $150k or so on the trade.

That would be my hope. But it comes with risk. I think you have to take the risk though to do well in this game. Playing safe aint very fun IMO!
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed May 08, 2019 9:42 am

Milchy wrote:

RnT's thoughts are mine as well, if he can just hit above that 30 point mark through Round 12 I will be more than happy with that, considering his price this week.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed May 08, 2019 9:49 am

A couple other things worth keeping tabs on and in consideration for weeks to come:

Liam Martin might be a very decent purchase next week if he lines up alongside Kikau on the edges. Would suggest to me he's there for the near future and at his price and his scoring potential we might be silly to miss him.

Also, a little too early for this. But TTrbo is a pretty decent shot at playing 12 I think. We would be smart to put ourselves in a position where we could make this happen if in fact he gets named.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed May 08, 2019 10:20 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Hard to say isn't it given the NRL data we've got.

Looking at his stats from Mounties this year, he loves a try.

I think realistically you hope he keeps the starting gig through to round 12, plays 60 odd minutes and scores in the 30-40 range on average. Then if he could score at the upper end of that in round 12 you'd be laughing. Trade him out shortly after and you likely make $150k or so on the trade.

That would be my hope. But it comes with risk. I think you have to take the risk though to do well in this game. Playing safe aint very fun IMO!
    I agree with this. I'm hoping for 35 and in until after rd 12. Didn't @Archer say yesterday that Ricky has confirmed he won't be resting the young guys anymore?
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed May 08, 2019 10:21 am

Rd 12 or not I wouldn't go anywhere near TTurbo until he's played at least one game
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed May 08, 2019 11:28 am

With Raiders, JBateman and Tapine out long term.
    LBateman might be back soon, and there are a host of middle forwards that can play edge if Ricky loses faith in Hudson
    Needs to be starting to be worth a punt

Post by Guest Wed May 08, 2019 11:31 am

Major move vote is looking sensible (Batman>Reynolds). Its a tough one re: the cash out. I'm tossing up this exact trade and am leaning towards Young (as I have Dearden). I think Dearden, Young and Turpin all make nice money from here anyway.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed May 08, 2019 12:21 pm

Milchy wrote:

Young has something unique in his favour, $213k with a BE of -5, makes him much safer as a kick start at $1k over base price, that almost never happens. Not sure on his minutes, maybe gets 50-60, would be surprised if he got 80. Playing round 12 is the key and even if he got benched seems to have a place in the rotation.
    THEGAME
    THEGAME

Post by THEGAME Wed May 08, 2019 8:01 pm

I quite like Pearce. I know that he doesn’t play 12, but ARey doesn’t play 16 Cool Cool

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:46 am