NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Fanatics Podcast #3

RandomSil
    RandomSil

Fanatics Podcast #3 Empty Fanatics Podcast #3

Post by RandomSil Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:48 am

Sorry about my sound being a little quiet. But sit back relax and let us ramble on about Fantasy with our special guest Archer.
    Archer
    Archer

Fanatics Podcast #3 Empty Re: Fanatics Podcast #3

Post by Archer Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:08 am

First time I've used push to talk, didn't realise I was clipping myself off at the end. Oops.
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:05 pm

Nice one boys
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:57 pm

"I've just deleted the app" Laughing
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:10 pm

"I like the idea... well... not really." Laughing
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:54 pm

Good call with Cook getting a big score this week, Welshy.

Just before you said that I was looking up his stats from last year, he only scored below 70 more than twice in a row for four weeks at the end of the season. To be fair that's when his running metres seemed to drop off to about what they are now so he might need a big break/big play but I expect him getting 70+ this week.

PS - wolfie flew up the rankings and is 88th in the FOG. Embarassed
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:04 pm

Love it again
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:27 pm

The three wise men ?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:31 pm

filthridden wrote:Good call with Cook getting a big score this week, Welshy.

Just before you said that I was looking up his stats from last year, he only scored below 70 more than twice in a row for four weeks at the end of the season. To be fair that's when his running metres seemed to drop off to about what they are now so he might need a big break/big play but I expect him getting 70+ this week.

PS - wolfie flew up the rankings and is 88th in the FOG. Embarassed

Then I owe @wolfking an apology Laugh 3
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:40 pm

Revraiser wrote:The three wise men ?

I dunno about wise.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:19 pm

You crack me up Welshy. Nice dynamic you got going on fellas. Enjoying them
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:24 pm

GreenMachine wrote:You crack me up Welshy. Nice dynamic you got going on fellas. Enjoying them

Always room for another Raider fan as a guest bro! Very Happy
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:33 pm

filthridden wrote:"I like the idea... well... not really." Laughing
    Hahahah yeah, that had me chuckling. What I was trying to describe wasn't that I would sideways trade for the sake of it, but that if say I had Tamou + Vaughan, I could ride Tamous rise, then if he peaks around the time Papa dropped I could "sideways" trade and use the cash to upgrade from Vaughan to Fifi/Tapau.

So I go from two FR2 quality to a FR1 + FR2 if I time it right. Like you'd sometimes do in your wfb slot. This does remind me though, i think it might be decent to have the questions that were covered in here, so that others can share their own thoughts and more selfishly I can give a bit more detail, cause I really liked the questions. Will do it once I'm back at my pc and see if there is any interest.
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:53 pm

When are the subtitles for Welshy going to be available ?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:57 pm

B/L wrote:When are the subtitles for Welshy going to be available ?

TWAT :Rope: :peeing:

Laugh 3
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:34 am

Here is the questions that were discussed.
    Filths Questions:

1 - Do you take a punt on basement priced players in their first game or spend the extra cash on a player who's played one game and has points in the bank when looking for a cashie?

2 - Captain choices, do you stick with a consistent scorer like Smith/Cook or do you take a punt on an Arrow/Surgess?

3 - Why doesn't Welshy let filth on the podcast? Is it because he beat him in the mods league, because he is beating him overall, because he is an all-round better bloke or a combination of all three?

Chewies Question –
    Can we discuss the FRF position, thoughts on Bunty, Twal, Mclean, JrPaulo, Napa, Tolman, James, Surgess, Tamou, Klemmer. Who are shaping up as the clear guns this season? Who are the better mid-tier options?

Sajjos Question –
    Is Kahu a sell? for Burns.

Teeth Eater Question –
    Who has the better job security out of Host & Ravalawa? And if it’s Host, what sort of minutes would you expect per week?

Green Machine Questions -
    1. What would be your current halves rankings? (I think we should rank 5-10 HLFs as our Rest of Season outlook)

2. You panicking or persevering if currently fielding Keighran/Brown in your 17?

3. Class player in Clifford finally gets his break, still interested in Morgan with less KMs?

POD of the week and Captain of the week?
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:48 am

Archer wrote:Here is the questions that were discussed.
    Filths Questions:
    1 - Do you take a punt on basement priced players in their first game or spend the extra cash on a player who's played one game and has points in the bank when looking for a cashie?
    Normally i like to take a look first, which i guess could be too conservative if you want to do really well. It means you tend to be making reactive decisions all year (which is sometimes hard to tell if you are "chasing the previous weeks score") rather than proactive. Take for instance those that brought in Teddy this week vs those that wanted another week of waiting to see, as a waiter i now feel "behind" in getting to my final 17, so to speak.

I love stats and analysing the crap outta things but then hate trading in players I haven't had a chance to actually see myself because i think there is such a difference a play style can make to a players regular score. A winger who makes a long break and gets a heap of "tackle breaks" because he was quick and players only got a finger or two on him, but for the most part was content to sit on his wing and wait for the ball to come to him, is vastly different to another guy who always went into dummy half and usually got a TB by fending off the first bloke he met. Same goes for forwards and the likes.

2 - Captain choices, do you stick with a consistent scorer like Smith/Cook or do you take a punt on an Arrow/Surgess?
    I think just about everyone picks someone who will be their captain at the start of the year, who's generally speaking going to be priced at or above their average for the year. You aren't concerned about how their price could fluctuate week to week and whether you could have waited a bit and got them cheaper, because you'd rather have some consistency to base your captaincy decision around. Doing this and then changing your captain week to week feels like a misuse of the money you spent to me. Can completely understand it though if after a few weeks of persisting your Captain choice seems to be a dud, or if you are well behind (or its origin/the last few weeks of the season). That said, i think Surgess goes big again this week, so if i was inclined to take a punt on him (and actually had him in my team, this week wouldn't be a bad one to do it IMO

3 - Why doesn't Welshy let filth on the podcast? Is it because he beat him in the mods league, because he is beating him overall, because he is an all-round better bloke or a combination of all three?
    Yes.
    Also, more of this please. Should be a weekly thing IMO, like those dunk tanks where you have someone sit up there and throw the ball, only with Welshy and each week a poster gets to hang shit on him. I think its got some real potential.

Chewies Question –
    Can we discuss the FRF position, thoughts on Bunty, Twal, Mclean, JrPaulo, Napa, Tolman, James, Surgess, Tamou, Klemmer. Who are shaping up as the clear guns this season? Who are the better mid-tier options?

Sajjos Question –
    Is Kahu a sell? for Burns.

Teeth Eater Question –
    Who has the better job security out of Host & Ravalawa? And if it’s Host, what sort of minutes would you expect per week?

Green Machine Questions -
    1. What would be your current halves rankings? (I think we should rank 5-10 HLFs as our Rest of Season outlook)

2. You panicking or persevering if currently fielding Keighran/Brown in your 17?

3. Class player in Clifford finally gets his break, still interested in Morgan with less KMs?

POD of the week and Captain of the week?
    I liked these questions and the thoughts the provoked when i read them, so i posted them in here for further discussion. Filling in with some of my answers in italics above, gotta head out so will have to go into the rest later.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:13 am

Qs for the next one:

When trading players for value rises and not considering points scoring, what $ value do you put on a single trade? If trading a player is going to only make you 5k do you hold the trade for later use or pull the trigger anyway? 10k? 20k? 40k?

What players are on your blacklist to never be in your side again, no matter how appealing?

Assuming Dugan goes to FB with Moylan broken, good pickup or nah? BE of 34 but held together with strapping tape himself.

Dragons with 2 gun forwards to return from testicle related issues who will both play SOO upon return. Are they worth planning for to bring in straight away, given the games theyll miss?

Specifically for Welshy, whose going to win the AFC West this year and why is it Denver?
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:16 pm

ryno_ wrote:Qs for the next one:

When trading players for value rises and not considering points scoring, what $ value do you put on a single trade? If trading a player is going to only make you 5k do you hold the trade for later use or pull the trigger anyway? 10k? 20k? 40k?

What players are on your blacklist to never be in your side again, no matter how appealing?

Assuming Dugan goes to FB with Moylan broken, good pickup or nah? BE of 34 but held together with strapping tape himself.

Dragons with 2 gun forwards to return from testicle related issues who will both play SOO upon return. Are they worth planning for to bring in straight away, given the games theyll miss?

Specifically for Welshy, whose going to win the AFC West this year and why is it Denver?

Lol love your work Ryno
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:42 pm

CHT and over 100k or...
    Carty  No

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:05 am