NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    We might do a PODCast thing.

    Random
    Random
    Moderator

    Posts : 6777
    Reputation : 1317
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 27

    We might do a PODCast thing. Empty We might do a PODCast thing.

    Post by Random on Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:43 pm

    Post some Pre TLT questions for us to perhaps answer if we manage it.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser

    Posts : 6221
    Reputation : 1602
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    We might do a PODCast thing. Empty Re: We might do a PODCast thing.

    Post by Revraiser on Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:45 pm

    We ? Will it be done in morse code format?
    Random
    Random
    Moderator

    Posts : 6777
    Reputation : 1317
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 27

    We might do a PODCast thing. Empty Re: We might do a PODCast thing.

    Post by Random on Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:48 pm

    @Random wrote:Post some Pre TLT questions for us to perhaps answer if we manage it.

    SO far like No Worries, Milchy, Welshy, MF and I think Mulvy? Have shown interest.
    No Worries
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 6927
    Reputation : 3348
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    We might do a PODCast thing. Empty Re: We might do a PODCast thing.

    Post by No Worries on Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:50 pm

    What's the optimum balance between cows & guns. You never hear much mentioned of the like of Isaako, players are only cows if you sell them, aren't cheap keepers just as good or better ?

    ** Isaako may not be the best example, will leave that to the expert pod casters, but you get the drift of the question.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

    Posts : 2438
    Reputation : 1343
    Join date : 2016-01-18

    We might do a PODCast thing. Empty Re: We might do a PODCast thing.

    Post by Pookus McFly on Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:14 pm

    Such a good idea. Would definitely be a loyal listener. I listen to BBL and AFL fantasy podcasts when I barely play the games, but don't listen to any NRLF ones because no good ones exist. I used to like spottheaussies stuff but a podcast would be great
    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 16773
    Reputation : 4272
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 31
    Location : Wales

    We might do a PODCast thing. Empty Re: We might do a PODCast thing.

    Post by Welshy on Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:17 pm

    @Pookus McFly wrote:Such a good idea. Would definitely be a loyal listener. I listen to BBL and AFL fantasy podcasts when I barely play the games, but don't listen to any NRLF ones because no good ones exist. I used to like spottheaussies stuff but a podcast would be great

    give us some good discussion points then fella, some pre TLT questions you would be interested in hearing about
    SI
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 15112
    Reputation : 4520
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    We might do a PODCast thing. Empty Re: We might do a PODCast thing.

    Post by SI on Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:20 pm

    @Pookus McFly wrote:Such a good idea. Would definitely be a loyal listener. I listen to BBL and AFL fantasy podcasts when I barely play the games, but don't listen to any NRLF ones because no good ones exist. I used to like spottheaussies stuff but a podcast would be great

    aussie was awesome and dat voice Love
    Random
    Random
    Moderator

    Posts : 6777
    Reputation : 1317
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 27

    We might do a PODCast thing. Empty Re: We might do a PODCast thing.

    Post by Random on Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:33 pm

    @SI wrote:
    @Pookus McFly wrote:Such a good idea. Would definitely be a loyal listener. I listen to BBL and AFL fantasy podcasts when I barely play the games, but don't listen to any NRLF ones because no good ones exist. I used to like spottheaussies stuff but a podcast would be great

    aussie was awesome and dat voice  Love

    Oh you are going to be disappointed with my 12 yr old sounding ass.
    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 16773
    Reputation : 4272
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 31
    Location : Wales

    We might do a PODCast thing. Empty Re: We might do a PODCast thing.

    Post by Welshy on Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:37 pm

    @Random wrote:

    Oh you are going to be disappointed with my 12 yr old sounding ass.
    What you talking about butt?
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

    Posts : 2438
    Reputation : 1343
    Join date : 2016-01-18

    We might do a PODCast thing. Empty Re: We might do a PODCast thing.

    Post by Pookus McFly on Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:37 pm

    @Welshy wrote:

    give us some good discussion points then fella, some pre TLT questions you would be interested in hearing about

    Okay.

    1) the importance of carrying coverage for positions / "Should I run without backup FRF when pickings are slim?"

    2) picking gun players from the bench- are some players like TPJ better off with the same minutes against tired defenders versus the grind of the opening 20 mins when few tries are scored so bulk tackles are made

    3) carrying cash in the bank and how much is too much

    4) quick fire questions to the panel about which rookies (/sub 300k players) they currently have in their playing 17

    5) how much is too much to spend on an NPR (eg. I have Kahu outside my 17 currently)

    Honestly I could just go on and on. Maybe I'll post some more tomorrow and you can cherry pick questions you like. I have my own strong opinions on all these, but I just love to play devils advocate and hear what others think. I vote you make three to five hour long podcasts per day Razz
    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 16773
    Reputation : 4272
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 31
    Location : Wales

    We might do a PODCast thing. Empty Re: We might do a PODCast thing.

    Post by Welshy on Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:50 pm

    @Pookus McFly wrote:

    Okay.

    1) the importance of carrying coverage for positions / "Should I run without backup FRF when pickings are slim?"

    2) picking gun players from the bench- are some players like TPJ better off with the same minutes against tired defenders versus the grind of the opening 20 mins when few tries are scored so bulk tackles are made

    3) carrying cash in the bank and how much is too much

    4) quick fire questions to the panel about which rookies (/sub 300k players) they currently have in their playing 17

    5) how much is too much to spend on an NPR (eg. I have Kahu outside my 17 currently)

    Honestly I could just go on and on. Maybe I'll post some more tomorrow and you can cherry pick questions you like. I have my own strong opinions on all these, but I just love to play devils advocate and hear what others think. I vote you make three to five hour long podcasts per day Razz

    quality mate will try and cover some of these

    one of your picks I would like to cover, have suggested a sort of team unveiling between the casters, then discussing the picks and merits etc then see if it changes TLT in the next one, a lot of players will be similar to the listeners so will be hopefully relatable
    WT2K
    WT2K

    Posts : 4293
    Reputation : 978
    Join date : 2018-03-25
    Location : Sydney

    We might do a PODCast thing. Empty Re: We might do a PODCast thing.

    Post by WT2K on Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:54 pm

    In your opinions who do you believe are must haves to start the season with?
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

    Posts : 2070
    Reputation : 597
    Join date : 2015-09-30
    Location : Christchurch, NZ

    We might do a PODCast thing. Empty Re: We might do a PODCast thing.

    Post by StuDogg101 on Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:36 am

    Man I love this idea! Could be great during the season with things like power rankings/top trades/general analysis. My week one suggestion would be a top 5 (or more) best captaincy options for round 1
    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 16773
    Reputation : 4272
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 31
    Location : Wales

    We might do a PODCast thing. Empty Re: We might do a PODCast thing.

    Post by Welshy on Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:39 am

    @StuDogg101 wrote:Man I love this idea! Could be great during the season with things like power rankings/top trades/general analysis. My week one suggestion would be a top 5 (or more) best captaincy options for round 1

    Like this Stu lad! Love the idea in-fact Another potentially good talking point!
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo

    Posts : 4008
    Reputation : 1162
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    We might do a PODCast thing. Empty Re: We might do a PODCast thing.

    Post by rhinoceroo on Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:18 am

    Who would win in a fight? 100 duck-sized horses or one horse-sized duck?
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

    Posts : 489
    Reputation : 347
    Join date : 2017-02-28

    We might do a PODCast thing. Empty Re: We might do a PODCast thing.

    Post by Cap'n Ranta on Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:28 am

    What positions are taking up the most and least of your budgets?

    SI
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 15112
    Reputation : 4520
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    We might do a PODCast thing. Empty Re: We might do a PODCast thing.

    Post by SI on Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:37 am

    @rhinoceroo wrote:Who would win in a fight? 100 duck-sized horses or one horse-sized duck?
    Laugh 3 Pretty sure you can actually run these as simulations nowadays.
    Krump
    Krump

    Posts : 5735
    Reputation : 2150
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    We might do a PODCast thing. Empty Re: We might do a PODCast thing.

    Post by Krump on Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:31 pm

    @Revraiser wrote:We ?  Will it be done in morse code format?
    Obviously SI won’t be invited. 
    @Random wrote:

    SO far like No Worries, Milchy, Welshy, MF and I think Mulvy? Have shown interest.
    Get some fantasy talent on board as well, you mods are hopeless. 

    A serious question though, what is it about coaches that makes us overlook players without a genuine reason? The basis for this is Morgan and Hampton, everyone should have them but they dont. I’ve gotten sick of pointing it out because it’s so regular.


    Last edited by Krump on Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Krump
    Krump

    Posts : 5735
    Reputation : 2150
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    We might do a PODCast thing. Empty Re: We might do a PODCast thing.

    Post by Krump on Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:32 pm

    @rhinoceroo wrote:Who would win in a fight? 100 duck-sized horses or one horse-sized duck?
    Ducks are vicious and horses and gentle that’s not even a question
    Krump
    Krump

    Posts : 5735
    Reputation : 2150
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    We might do a PODCast thing. Empty Re: We might do a PODCast thing.

    Post by Krump on Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:56 pm

    I’d like to hear some more talk about FR. I don’t think you need to be going basic with it as that’s not you’re audience, Id love to be talked into a mid range front rower though. 
    There are heaps of constants among the discussion here to wade into, gun halves, to Ted or not to Ted, the whole Melbourne spine, the broncos pack and who gets bell ends minutes. 
    If it continues I’d love to see one with White Lightning discussing opposition based selections. I think it’s ridiculous but he talks about it a lot and is consistently a great coach.

      Current date/time is Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:48 am