NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Wests Tigers 2016 Thread

Pieman
    Pieman

Wests Tigers 2016 Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: Wests Tigers 2016 Thread

Post by Pieman Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:48 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Which obviously relates back to my point about what you assess his potential as.

Generally, I tend to think he is pretty over-rated due to the points I raised about his old man and (Bruce) Carty.

Personally I think he is having a bit of a form slump that probably corresponds to the mess the Tigers are currently in as a team but more importantly as a whole organisation.

He would have showed a fair bit of potential coming into grade, its how he got into the position he was in at such a young age. The last name prob got him there a little too fast and focused a bit too much media on him - not that they compare him to his father at all actually - but after coming into 1st grade and showing some skill, he just doesnt show skill any more. I think that comes down to coaching more than anything and him not pushing himself hard enough.

bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:05 pm

You make a lot of sense Pieman, Sironen has showed his potential but now has become lazy and complacent. According to his old man in an article I read a couple of weeks ago, this creativity has been coached out of him. I tend to agree because our other talented kids are regressing at a rate of knots. The sooner Taylor is out the better, but the problem is we can't afford to pay him out as well as have a new coach.

I'm not sure if he should go in the front row but I am positive he should NOT be an 80 minute player at the moment. Play him in the back row, sure, but play him for 30-40 minutes. At the moment he is giving good service for about 20-30 minutes then going missing, its like he is unfit and can't/won't do any more.

Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:07 pm

Pieman wrote:

He would have showed a fair bit of potential coming into grade, its how he got into the position he was in at such a young age. The last name prob got him there a little too fast and focused a bit too much media on him - not that they compare him to his father at all actually - but after coming into 1st grade and showing some skill, he just doesnt show skill any more. I think that comes down to coaching more than anything and him not pushing himself hard enough.

Totally agree. The laziness is all on him but you don't just lose the talent that he showed its gone for a reason. I'm not at all a fan of playing him in the front row, that's not how you get a backrower to show some ball skills.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:45 pm

I think the point about playing him at Prop was a bit tongue in cheek so he couldn't hide like he is now ala Blair a few years. Actually came good when at Prop (but in saying that his contract year was closing in too). Sironen for one game at Prop then shift him back and see if he has learned his lesson.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:51 pm

Krump wrote:
    Totally agree. The laziness is all on him but you don't just lose the talent that he showed its gone for a reason. I'm not at all a fan of playing him in the front row, that's not how you get a backrower to show some ball skills.

That wasnt the point of putting him there. The point of that would be to get him involved more. There is no reason he couldnt take a few hard hit-ups or make a few more tackles in the middle.

Bring him off the bench and play him in the middle of the field at lock or front row for 20 mins. Just to try and get some of that work ethic in him. Its like it came easy to him as he was growing up that he never really had to work on it - and now its showing and everyone else at this level is just as good/big/fit if not more

JT has most certainly put the shackles on him creative wise

Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:56 pm

Apparently Halatau will be starting with Farah on the bench. It's beyond a joke now Halatau is lucky to even be playing first grade.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:58 pm

Krump wrote:Apparently Halatau will be starting with Farah on the bench. It's beyond a joke now Halatau is lucky to even be playing first grade.

Halatau being given the chance to prove himself as a starting hooker so we can re-sign him for next year. If all the rumours are to be believed Liddle is the only hooker we have on the books. Now he's good but not NRL ready.

Farah - Leeds
    Ballin - Retired
    Cherrington - some other pussy club
    Halatau - Off contract
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:06 pm

Your Name wrote:

Halatau being given the chance to prove himself as a starting hooker so we can re-sign him for next year. If all the rumours are to be believed Liddle is the only hooker we have on the books. Now he's good but not NRL ready.

Farah - Leeds
    Ballin - Retired
    Cherrington - some other pussy club
    Halatau - Off contract
    Then find another cheap shitto hooker from somewhere else. Halatau is a spud.
    Dip

Post by Dip Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:17 pm

Is it possible that every single player on the Tigers roster will have DPP status (hooker + 1 other position) in fantasy football by the end of the season.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:18 pm

Just sign Segeyaro or that Hooker from the NRL Rookie. Do you blokes want Waddell? Broncos will even pay for him and Ill even drive him down and deliver him to training myself.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:30 pm

Bren wrote:Just sign Segeyaro or that Hooker from the NRL Rookie. Do you blokes want Waddell? Broncos will even pay for him and Ill even drive him down and deliver him to training myself.

One of the perks of having wayne bennett as coach, is you also get Travis Waddell as your back up hooker.
    Life is grand.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:39 pm

Pieman wrote:

One of the perks of having wayne bennett as coach, is you also get Travis Waddell as your back up hooker.
    Life is grand.
    Could find a better hooker in the valley on a Friday night. Least they would be used to getting down low to pass on the balls.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:47 pm

Your Name wrote:

I don't know if this is sarcasm or a serious suggestion.

This club can be depressing at times
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:56 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I don't know if this is sarcasm or a serious suggestion.

This club can be depressing at times

It should be sarcasm but there's every chance it isn't.
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:37 pm

JT thinks Farah hinders the young halfs and that they can't stick to the game plan. Yep JT, what happened last week then, you imbocile
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:09 pm

Well done boys, its great to come on here without the doom and gloom for once. They showed their potential last night and how good was it seeing so many offloads. The Tigers had more offloads last night then their first 12 games of the year combined *sarcasm*
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:28 am

That was a good win.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:53 pm

Liddle re-signed.

So will Ballin come back or
    is Halatau getting a 1 year extension.
    Or is Robbie staying ?

The board has already said JT is safe for 17. I'm going with option A or B
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:12 am

Farah will go to England for sure.
    Would be silly not to IMO.
    The tigers will prob still have to pay half his wage but at least the issues wont be there.

The thing that will stay though, is JT's shit coaching.
    Which will have the tigers in the top half of the bottom of the table and then he will be gone by the end of next year.

Losing Farah AND Taylor is the best outcome for the tigers.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:50 pm

Wonder if JT would have had a better run without Farrah?

#TheUnknowables

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:21 am