NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Wests Tigers 2016 Thread

Pieman
    Pieman

Wests Tigers 2016 Thread - Page 27 Empty Re: Wests Tigers 2016 Thread

Post by Pieman Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:54 pm

Shows how shit the Mole is. Reads a comment online, writes an article about it, turns out to be the total opposite to the rumour.

So funny
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:10 pm

Pieman wrote:

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2016/06/06/curtis_sironen_commi.html

do you reckon he did this in spite of you mate? lol

I played you Moley and you know it Basketball
    Now to write this weeks article for you.

This one's for you Partypieman

Wests Tigers 2016 Thread - Page 27 Moley

Last edited by Your Name on Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:17 pm

$250K per hour. It's going to take a long time for someone to take the mantle of highest paid league player from Matt Ballin.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:15 am

Your Name wrote:

I just realized I had you confused with somebody else. Oh shit.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:47 am

Bren wrote:

I just realized I had you confused with somebody else. Oh shit.

Was wondering why you were a cunt ?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:06 pm

Your Name wrote:

lol
    honestly, he and Lurker would get tweets like that every week
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:33 pm

Your Name wrote:$250K per hour. It's going to take a long time for someone to take the mantle of highest paid league player from Matt Ballin.

Even though he is wearing a cockroach shell, that avatar of yours is pretty awesome.
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:52 pm

Hey guys, I've been over to the West Tigers forum and the info is that Sironen activated a clause in his contract that keeps him a Tiger a bit longer, similar to Brooks and Moses.

Tigers announced it as a re-signing probably to make them look good in light of the JAC fuckup who apparently wanted to stay but Tigers didn't want to spend the money like Melbourne. He signed a few weeks ago but was trying to do a DCE backflip after the 10 day cooling off period had expired. He signed before he could get a gig in first grade and if he was selected instead of Milone then he wouldn't have bother signing.

In other news, Roosters tore us a new one, again, on the weekend, I thought JWH made woodsy look like a reserve grader. Kicking game from the Broses was woeful and the entire wet weather game plan was either shit or just not followed.

JT and Farah are feuding again. (Can't believe JT didn't play Farah on the weekend after Ballin withdrawing from the game)

Ballin, poor bugger is out for the rest of the season meaning Farah probably gets a reprieve at Hooker. There are rumours he will be off to the ESL at season end.

Tim grant stuffed my fantasy side, and thats another weekend in the never ending saga of Tiger town
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:34 pm

bluetige wrote:Hey guys, I've been over to the West Tigers forum and the info is that Sironen activated a clause in his contract that keeps him a Tiger a bit longer, similar to Brooks and Moses.

Tigers announced it as a re-signing probably to make them look good in light of the JAC fuckup who apparently wanted to stay but Tigers didn't want to spend the money like Melbourne. He signed a few weeks ago but was trying to do a DCE backflip after the 10 day cooling off period had expired. He signed before he could get a gig in first grade and if he was selected instead of Milone then he wouldn't have bother signing.

In other news, Roosters tore us a new one, again, on the weekend, I thought JWH made woodsy look like a reserve grader. Kicking game from the Broses was woeful and the entire wet weather game plan was either shit or just not followed.

JT and Farah are feuding again. (Can't believe JT didn't play Farah on the weekend after Ballin withdrawing from the game)

Ballin, poor bugger is out for the rest of the season meaning Farah probably gets a reprieve at Hooker. There are rumours he will be off to the ESL at season end.

Tim grant stuffed my fantasy side, and thats another weekend in the never ending saga of Tiger town

A good honest summary and a cracking post.

Almost made me feel sorry for Tigers fans...........almost.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:47 pm

SI wrote:

Even though he is wearing a cockroach shell, that avatar of yours is pretty awesome.
    Yes, it shows how big of a head Farah actually has. It hides his massive beak though. Farah is like the human version of a Toucan.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:48 pm

bluetige wrote:Hey guys, I've been over to the West Tigers forum and the info is that Sironen activated a clause in his contract that keeps him a Tiger a bit longer, similar to Brooks and Moses.

Is JT feuding with Cherrington as well? I know the talk is backing Liddle over Cherrington and I watched Liddle play a couple of weeks ago and he looks sharp! Today's team list will tell us a lot about what is going on with all of them.
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:37 pm

I don't think there is a feud, its more like the realisation that cherrington is not coming on as expected. The thing is, NO one is improving under JT. After all the so called media experts announcing that the Tiger cubs have got a huge future and will be representative stars, I feel we have either been duped into thinking that or the coaching staff have sent these young guys backwards in development. I'll go with the backward theory, as I said, NO one has improved under JT (exception is Teddy).

I thought Sironen was a similar type of player to Cartwright, but Carty is on the verge of Origin, Sironen is on the verge of state cup and has gone backward in development
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:48 pm

bluetige wrote:I don't think there is a feud, its more like the realisation that cherrington is not coming on as expected. The thing is, NO one is improving under JT. After all the so called media experts announcing that the Tiger cubs have got a huge future and will be representative stars, I feel we have either been duped into thinking that or the coaching staff have sent these young guys backwards in development. I'll go with the backward theory, as I said, NO one has improved under JT (exception is Teddy).

I thought Sironen was a similar type of player to Cartwright, but Carty is on the verge of Origin, Sironen is on the verge of state cup and has gone backward in development

Agree with Sironen. When he moved into the Second Row he looked like a world beater for 3 or 4 games.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:11 am

bluetige wrote:I don't think there is a feud, its more like the realisation that cherrington is not coming on as expected. The thing is, NO one is improving under JT. After all the so called media experts announcing that the Tiger cubs have got a huge future and will be representative stars, I feel we have either been duped into thinking that or the coaching staff have sent these young guys backwards in development. I'll go with the backward theory, as I said, NO one has improved under JT (exception is Teddy).

The thing is - Penrith coach to Carty's strengths. They let him offload, they let him run across field and dummy and kick etc.
    Sironen was a similar kind of player.

The difference is, Taylor has coached that stuff out of him and doesnt let him play his natural game. He is made to play the game like any other mediocre back rower - "Just tackle and run the outside in line, thats all we need you to do". He is capable of so much more and its just so odd that he isnt allowed to do anything skillful. I mean, Elijah taylor plays in the middle and ball plays, as if sironen couldnt do that.

I agree that he needs to lift his workrate and just do more, especially when teams are directing all their traffic at moses, but he just looked like he was coasting. Hopefully being dropped is the kick in the ass he needs, because it would be sad if he doesnt live up to some of that potential.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:15 am

Personally, I would put him in the front row for a little while to try and encourage him to lift his workrate, and if Brooks or Moses went down I would be putting him in 6.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:36 am

Brooks and Moses have been dropped. We've got Field & Hill in this week.
    Dip

Post by Dip Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:32 pm

Your Name wrote:Brooks and Moses have been dropped. We've got Field & Hill in this week.

Terry or Scott? Because I'd still back Scott Hill to manage a game better than Brookes & Moses.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:15 pm

bluetige wrote:

The biggest issue Sironen (and therefore Taylor) has is that he not only get's compared to his Dad but he also get's compared to another young bloke playing in a similar position that also shares a famous last name.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:40 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

The biggest issue Sironen (and therefore Taylor) has is that he not only get's compared to his Dad but he also get's compared to another young bloke playing in a similar position that also shares a famous last name.

Thats prob not his biggest issue.
    His biggest issue is not living up to his potential.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:02 pm

Pieman wrote:

Thats prob not his biggest issue.
    His biggest issue is not living up to his potential.

Which obviously relates back to my point about what you assess his potential as.

Generally, I tend to think he is pretty over-rated due to the points I raised about his old man and (Bruce) Carty.

Personally I think he is having a bit of a form slump that probably corresponds to the mess the Tigers are currently in as a team but more importantly as a whole organisation.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:47 pm