NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2019 thread part 6

Krump
    Krump

NRL Fantasy 2019 thread part 6 - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 thread part 6

Post by Krump Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:55 am

my tv broke wrote:Started recording daily ownership % changes, attached images are % changes over the last day, and last week. (important columns are the last two)..

Will add this to nrlfantasy.com.au in a more easily readable format (I have no idea if you can get this info on the official site?)

Ownership changes:
    I’ll give you plug since you’re too nice to do it yourself. This site provides better stats and scoring than anything fanhub have produced to date so do yourselves a favour and skip the fantasy coach sub, donate enough to buy a beer to MTB instead by hitting the PayPal button at the bottom of the page.
    churg
    churg

NRL Fantasy 2019 thread part 6 - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 thread part 6

Post by churg Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:05 am

Cook (C)
    Fifita (VC) Tolman
    Arrow Murray Stimson
    Morgan Munster
    Holland Capewell
    CNK Edwards Kahu

Mahoney Egan Burr Bird
    Brown Keighran Lomax Hass

Thoughts on Cook or should I go for Macca or Mclnnes. Cheers
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:11 am

churg wrote:Cook (C)
    Fifita (VC) Tolman
    Arrow Murray Stimson
    Morgan Munster
    Holland Capewell
    CNK Edwards Kahu

Mahoney Egan Burr Bird

Might just take that team for myself. Pending TLT the only glaring weakness I see is having to play Kahu. Most people have a stronger bench but your 13 make up for it.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:16 am

Fifita (VC) Tolman
    Arrow Murray Stimson
    Morgan Munster
    Holland Capewell
    CNK Edwards Kahu

Mahoney Egan Burr Bird

I've been adamant that Cook must be in my team but even I have to admit my team looks far more balanced with Macca there instead. That's a great looking Cook team but that extra money could be used to maybe upgrade Kahu or improve your bench. Also I'd probably swap Bird & bring Brown/Keighran into your 17. Cook or no Cook is a gut call.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:17 am

White Lightning wrote:

Hey mate I'm not sure whether I've welcomed you to the forum. If not Welcome

Gauging by your question you seem like a new fantasy player. As the boys have said it's an unrealistic comparison due to price. Munster will be the choice every time. Don't hesitate asking any question you like even if you think it's a silly question. You will get great insight & advice on this forum.

Yep good post. I'm sorry, @churg for some reason I thought I'd seen your name about here more regularly and I meant it as banter more than anything else. Welcome by the way. And as WL said, fire away this forum is great for advice.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:20 am

Mulvy wrote:

Yep good post. I'm sorry, @churg for some reason I thought I'd seen your name about here more regularly and I meant it as banter more than anything else. Welcome by the way. And as WL said, fire away this forum is great for advice.

By the looks of his great team he posted above I think he knows what he's doing. You're a good man Mulvy.
    churg
    churg

Post by churg Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:23 am

Cheers Lads, Been playing fantasy for a while now but only just found this site - BTW its a great website., Anyway If I were to Drop cook to macca who should I bring in to make my bench stronger or should I get nick meany to replace kahu instead.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:27 am

churg wrote:Cheers Lads, Been playing fantasy for a while now but only just found this site - BTW its a great website., Anyway If I were to Drop cook to macca who should I bring in to make my bench stronger  or should I get nick meany to replace kahu instead.

How much cash would be left over with the Cook to Macca downgrade.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:29 am

Fifita (VC) Tolman
    Arrow Murray Stimson
    Morgan Munster
    Holland Capewell
    CNK Edwards Kahu

Mahoney Egan Burr Bird

This is pretty close to our group team as well, like 90% of the players.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:41 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:I’m sick of braiding my pubic hairs just waiting for the football to get back into my retinas.

Shave them of and grow a beard for something different to do then?
    churg
    churg

Post by churg Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:45 am

@WhiteLightning 301k

Last edited by churg on Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:46 am

filthridden wrote:Warriors squad named for Melbourne game in Geelong:

VODAFONE WARRIORS

BUNTY AFOA
    TOM ALE
    BLAKE AYSHFORD
    LACHLAN BURR
    SAM COOK
    NERIA FOMIA
    PATRICK HERBERT
    CHANEL HARRIS-TAVITA
    ADAM KEIGHRAN
    SAM LISONE
    SEAN MULANEY
    ISAIAH PAPALI’I
    HAYZE PERHAM
    API PEWHAIRANGI
    ADAM POMPEY
    NATE ROACHE
    CHRIS SATAE
    BRODY TAMARUA
    JAZZ TEVAGA
    PAUL TURNER
    LIGI SAO
    LEWIS SOOSOMEA
    COLE WAAKA

I would expect they line up something like:

1. Hayze Perham
    2. Lewis Soosomea/Adam Pompey
    3. Blake Ayshord
    4. Cole Waaka
    5. Patrick Herbert
    6. CHT
    7. Keighhran
    8. Afoa
    9. Roache
    10. Lisone
    11. Papali'i
    12. ??? Burr? Maybe Afoa into the 2rF?
    13. Burr/Tevaga

14. Cook
    15. Satae
    16. Ale
    17. Turner
    18. Pompey
    19. Mulaney
    20. Tamarua
    21. Sao

FILTH'S ONES TO WATCH:

Turner, Keighran, CHT - one of Keighran and CHT will be in the halves this year. Turner is the future
    Patrick Herbert
    Nathaniel Roache

Thanks very much Filth. One thing I think people invariably get wrong due to TLT is the wrong medium term bench stashes (because only starters on the first Tuesday get picked) and those listed in 14-21 who still might start and knocking hardest on the door (this iyear could be Egan for example)

My question to you though good sir is with regards to your halves.

I don’t think I can fit them both in and most pre season have leaned way of CHT.

What position does Turner play?

If the team stinks it up first 2 weeks do you think it will be the number 6 or 7 to give way?

Post by Guest Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:46 am

code delta wrote:

Shave them of and grow a beard for something different to do then?

Or shave them and glue them to your face to make a beard for something different to do?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:00 am

Fifita (VC) Tolman
    Arrow Murray Stimson
    Morgan Munster
    Holland Capewell
    CNK Edwards Kahu

Mahoney Egan Burr Bird

It's pretty good already. As WL said, if you decide to downgrade Cook, Kahu or bench is where I would upgrade.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:06 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:

Or shave them and glue them to your face to make a beard for something different to do?
    It’s 2019 he’d more likely be able to shave his beard and add it to his pubes for something different
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:06 am

GreenMachine wrote:

Thanks very much Filth. One thing I think people invariably get wrong due to TLT is the wrong medium term bench stashes (because only starters on the first Tuesday get picked) and those listed in 14-21 who still might start and knocking hardest on the door (this iyear could be Egan for example)

I don’t think I can fit them both in and most pre season have leaned way of CHT.

If the team stinks it up first 2 weeks do you think it will be the number 6 or 7 to give way?

I think Green is expected back by round 1
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:16 am

mattnz wrote:https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mole-nrl-news-melbourne-storm-look-to-offload-players-salary-cap-problems/ab513aff-1705-40d7-b0c3-253bc7d06815?fbclid=IwAR2IpiARCy99Do3ANbeYDXjEXPKzzLAIHzpSssknnEcinLavgVuUr4lYkhw

Don’t be surprised to see little-known hooker Billy Brittain make his NRL debut for Souths this season.

Brittain, 23, was a standout as the Rabbitohs thrashed Riverina 52-10 in Albury last weekend.

The captain of Rabbitohs’ feeder team North Sydney, Brittain joined Souths last year after stints with Melbourne Storm and Brisbane Broncos, as well as the Sunshine Coast Falcons.

Souths boast the most dynamic hooker in the game in Damien Cook but veteran coach Wayne Bennett is wary that his star number nine may burn out over a long season.

With his back-up Robbie Farah leaving Souths and Cook certain to play State of Origin football, the stage is set for Brittain to earn his stripes this campaign.

I'd be embarrassed quoting the mole.
    If Cook didn't burn out last year why would he this year??
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:17 am

A chat with Panthers coach Ivan Cleary has set up a battle between Sione Katoa and Wayde Egan for first shot at the hooking role in 2019.

Katoa said Cleary had told the pair he is leaning towards playing an 80-minute hooker during the upcoming Telstra Premiership season, leaving both rakes to compete for a round one spot during the trials.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:24 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:A chat with Panthers coach Ivan Cleary has set up a battle between Sione Katoa and Wayde Egan for first shot at the hooking role in 2019.

Katoa said Cleary had told the pair he is leaning towards playing an 80-minute hooker during the upcoming Telstra Premiership season, leaving both rakes to compete for a round one spot during the trials.
    It’s hard to trust anything Ivan says with regard to 80 minute hookers if you were dumb enough to start with Godinet last year Embarassed
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:25 am

GreenMachine wrote:

Blake Green sounds like he'll be fit for round 1. It sounds like it's down to Keighran and CHT for the other halves spot with Keighran leading the way.
    It's unlikely Paul Turner will see first grade this season but he's touted to be a future NRL half. A lot of wraps on him.

It's an interesting question - whoever gets the nod in the halves to partner Green, how safe is their spot? If they fail for a few rounds, how much patience will Kearney have? Or will we see someone on the bench as an option for cover, ie; Karl Lawton? Remains to be seen. Maybe Keighran will start and CHT will come on in the last 10mins of the first half as an impact player. Who knows.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:48 am