NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 37 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:46 am

Very Happy I wouldnt go that far. He'll score some tries though
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 37 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by Milchcow Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:47 am

Pat69err wrote:Whats the general consensus on having which players in terms of guns/mids/cows?

These days people seem to be moving away from guns/cows and onto the value system.

Looking at a players predicted/potential output compared to their priced average, and selecting the players with the most points above their price (with some consideration going towards having a high scoring captain, and saving trades through having a year long keeper)

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:53 am

Milchy wrote:

These days people seem to be moving away from guns/cows and onto the value system.

Looking at a players predicted/potential output compared to their priced average, and selecting the players with the most points above their price (with some consideration going towards having a high scoring captain, and saving trades through having a year long keeper)

Yep, agree

Roughly I think about:
    - captain choice
    - ranking the rookies ready to pad out my team when I run low on cash
    - pick all of the perceived value players
    - top up with guns when value looks light/risky
    - sprinkle in the rookies to get to 9.6m
    - something something profit!
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:05 am

Verbal Kint wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean? Very Happy I had no expectations of doing well at all and just enjoyed every minute of the banter and chat on here. Back again for the same. If I go well then thats a bonus! I'm feeling no pressure to back up and will happily cop the shit if I dont go well. Got to take the rough with the smooth etc

You're always welcome in League 51 if things don't go well for you this season Beer

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:07 am

Carty party?..... I'll probably miss it Sad
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:09 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:Roosters WCC squad

Roosters squad: Mitchell Aubusson, Nat Butcher, Lindsay Collins, Boyd Cordner (c), Angus Crichton, Cooper Cronk, Poasa Faamausili, Jake Friend (c), Ryan Hall, Matt Ikuvalu, Luke Keary, Asu Kepaoa, Lachlan Lam, Isaac Liu, Joseph Manu, Brett Morris, Victor Radley, Siosiua Taukeiaho, James Tedesco, Zane Tetevano, Daniel Tupou, Sitili Tupouniua, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

Will finalise 17 hr before kick off

Wouldn't read too much into any of this. Robinson tends to treat WCC as a competitive trial. 2016 we saw Dale Copley, Jayden Nikorima, Jackson Hastings and Kane Evans become popular fantasy picks that amount to nothing. 2014 saw Remi Casty burst onto the scene as a fantasty disappointment. My prediction is we see a fringe first grader rewarded for a hard pre-season training(Likely Poasa Faamausili) with a bench spot that causes fantasy coaches to talk him up as a cow only to disappear in first TLT.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:10 am

You're like a wise owl
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:47 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:
    StormTrooper96 wrote:Roosters WCC squad

Roosters squad: Mitchell Aubusson, Nat Butcher, Lindsay Collins, Boyd Cordner (c), Angus Crichton, Cooper Cronk, Poasa Faamausili, Jake Friend (c), Ryan Hall, Matt Ikuvalu, Luke Keary, Asu Kepaoa, Lachlan Lam, Isaac Liu, Joseph Manu, Brett Morris, Victor Radley, Siosiua Taukeiaho, James Tedesco, Zane Tetevano, Daniel Tupou, Sitili Tupouniua, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

Will finalise 17 hr before kick off

Wouldn't read too much into any of this. Robinson tends to treat WCC as a competitive trial. 2016 we saw Dale Copley, Jayden Nikorima, Jackson Hastings and Kane Evans become popular fantasy picks that amount to nothing. 2014 saw Remi Casty burst onto the scene as a fantasty disappointment. My prediction is we see a fringe first grader rewarded for a hard pre-season training(Likely Poasa Faamausili) with a bench spot that causes fantasy coaches to talk him up as a cow only to disappear in first TLT.
    Can you remember us talking about a young Roosters 5/8 or Half a couple of years back who got a game in the trials and carved up and looked fantastic?

You filled me in on him here or on FB. He hasn’t had a shot  since I don’t think and not sure if still with Roosters. He was a decent size for a Half and I think was maybe Polynesian, or maybe a Kiwi.

Ring a bell? Always meant to watch his progress but forgot who it was.
    Pat69err
    Pat69err

Post by Pat69err Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:48 am

What do you guys think of wade Egan? you reckon he’ll be starting hooker or kotoa?
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:50 am

Pat69err wrote:What do you guys think of wade Egan? you reckon he’ll be starting hooker or kotoa?

That's how they're training atm with Egan starting 9.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:50 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Also, does anyone want to take a crack at Crichton and Matterson? Heres my quick take so far:

Angus Crichton (ave 55) averaged 60 the year before. Wondering if he could get back to 2017 levels with the added bonus of playing for Sydney? If so might be hard to ignore as, potentially 5 points undervalued and season keeper.

Matterson (ave 46) was averaging 53 when starting 2RF but bear in mind this was for Sydney (not wests) and included 5 tries in those 10 games (many from kicks if I recall correctly). Concerns over concussion too and has utility value which hurt him last year. Maybe 5-10 points undervalued and therefore potential keeper, but that needs to be balanced with quite a high level of uncertainty.

If Matterson is fit and healthy he will be an 80 minute tackle bot for the Tigers. His work rate at Roosters was unreal. Hated not having him in my team and seeing him put up 40-50 tackles per game. Given that is where most of his points are coming from, I can see his defensive work being more valuable for Tigers than for Roosters.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:52 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Is Lomax the only cow that guys will happily play in the 13.

Currently have him at CTR but hoping to get someone into WFB.

I have Brown in my 13. I think a few will. If Burr gets a run at 13, he gets in my 17 too.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:58 am

SI wrote:
    Can you remember us talking about a young Roosters 5/8 or Half a couple of years back who got a game in the trials and carved up and looked fantastic?

You filled me in on him here or on FB. He hasn’t had a shot  since I don’t think and not sure if still with Roosters. He was a decent size for a Half and I think was maybe Polynesian, or maybe a Kiwi.

I think you are remember one Ryan Matterson the year we signed him from the Eels as a half. Was in contention with Nikorima/Hastings/Watson the year Pearce was suspended. Not too sure what ended up happening with him....
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:01 am

The more I tinker with my team the more I’m seriously considering just staking it with guns have about 3 (500k) players who I can rely on. Then the cheapies I think will make cash.

That way the only trades I’ll be making will be to cheapies making cash.

My plan is to avoid wasting trades shuffling mid price players around. Particularly in the centres and wfb. Croker Capewell from the start.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:01 am

Honey Badger wrote:Most people are starting with Macca but who is everyone thinking as their other hooker? Im not keen on Egan if he's gonna share minutes. Surely Hodgson is under valued. Not sure if he has been discussed. What did he average in 2017 when he started the season fully fit?

I have Smith. Undervalued after injury affected season last year and will be my captain each week. Filling the captain role with someone capable of top scores every week and being undervalued makes him a must have for me.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:10 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:
    SI wrote:

I think you are remember one Ryan Matterson the year we signed him from the Eels as a half. Was in contention with Nikorima/Hastings/Watson the year Pearce was suspended. Not too sure what ended up happening with him....
    Nah, definitely not RyMat we were talking about. Myself and Welshy have had an eye on that lad since he was in Under 12’s.

I’ll have a look see tonight, see if I can’t search the conversation. This guy has never gone on to do anything that I know of.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:11 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

In terms of team naming is Radley the main point of interest here?

If Ryan Hall gets on the field then he is a serious contender for a good value pick up for the season.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:15 am

Oh wow they actually took Barba out of the game

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:18 am

SI wrote:
    Nah, definitely not RyMat we were talking about. Myself and Welshy have had an eye on that lad since he was in Under 12’s.

I’ll have a look see tonight, see if I can’t search the conversation. This guy has never gone on to do anything that I know of.

Jayden Nikorima?
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:23 am

@SI. What year are you talking about? Like VK I would have guessed Jayden Nikorima

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:37 am