NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 33 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:19 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:I remember yesterday someone saying something about a player who was ahead of CHN at panthers but was injured when it was time to stand up so CHN got the gig instead of him. Who was that?

Corey Waddell
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 33 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:19 am

Article on NRL.com saying Lomax is set for a wing spot. He said he prefers FB and hoped to be playing CTR but thinks he will start off on the wing.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:19 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Some good thoughts on Ofa, has anyone managed to untangle TPJs stats from last year and try and price him for this year? For starters, we are assuming he is starting at prop right? Limited sample size on him but from what I can see you'll be banking on him improving his fantasy game/more minutes/a season without being plagued by injury (assuming he was plagued by that last year).

For me, Im struggling to put numbers to him, so Im tending away, despite the known x-factor cause I'd rather go with someone with less uncertainty.

How are the rest of you seeing him?
    Article on NRL.com with Lodge saying him and TPJ will be the ones to lead the donkeys pack and Pangai was gearing up for big minutes, I’d take that with a pinch of salt but reckon In the lock role with traditionally getting more than props and Ofa taking the other prop spot with Lodge! TPJ averaged 51 playing over 50 minutes last year reckon is in on for 55/60 min This year
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:37 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:Article on NRL.com saying Lomax is set for a wing spot. He said he prefers FB and hoped to be playing CTR but thinks he will start off on the wing.

I would not be surprised if rumours of Aitken's demise turn out to be exaggerated
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:39 am

Milchy wrote:

I would not be surprised if rumours of Aitken's demise turn out to be exaggerated

100% agree.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:41 am

bluetige wrote:Burr obtaining the Warriors lock position has been mentioned a few times, but the guys 27 and hasn't been a regular 1st grader at any club his played for before, so why the hell would he be in the running for a starting gig now. Are the Warriors that desperate?

The one thing he does have in his favour is having a coach who has no idea and might take a punt on him because he's clueless.

There's also the random guy who started lock round 1 fur the Warriors a couple of years ago. Played 18 minutes and was never seen again (Palavi?)

Not that I would use that as a reason to pick/not pick Burr
    Iron Mike
    Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:46 am

Milchy wrote:

There's also the random guy who started lock round 1 fur the Warriors a couple of years ago. Played 18 minutes and was never seen again (Palavi?)

Not that I would use that as a reason to pick/not pick Burr

And Ligi Sao started in the 13 jersey for the first two games. Only to play 3 more off the bench in the rest of the season when they realized he can't tackle.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:52 am

@Pat69err @Rabbit

Just a reminder that people read this site at work, and to keep potentially dodgy images away from the fantasy thread. (rules are relaxed a little for page 51 parties)

I have hidden your pictures behind NSFW tags.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:56 am

bluetige wrote:Burr obtaining the Warriors lock position has been mentioned a few times, but the guys 27 and hasn't been a regular 1st grader at any club his played for before, so why the hell would he be in the running for a starting gig now. Are the Warriors that desperate?

The one thing he does have in his favour is having a coach who has no idea and might take a punt on him because he's clueless.

There was talk of Papalii starting at lock, and obviously Blair played there a lot last season too. But they do have a gap to fill with Mannering gone so someone will have to do it. Not sure where the Burr rumour started, but as I said, Stacey was high on him in terms of his preseason to date and he does seem to fit the mould of the type of guy they like there. Time will tell.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:12 am

If he's named to start he'll be in my team (probably as an EMG), not much to lose at 228K
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:19 am

Welshy wrote:

Both their averages when playing 50+ minutes is in the 50s

Case for both because I expect both to be playing over that regularly, reckon its going to be a 50/60 minute split in favour of TPJ

I think our fanatics template is simple.

We go with ofa up front, TPJ second row and we wait and see on Twal.

If youre queezy on number of Broncos for Christs sake drop Bird and/or Gillett. Screw them guys.

Myself... I’ll be keeping Macca as well
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:19 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:I remember yesterday someone saying something about a player who was ahead of CHN at panthers but was injured when it was time to stand up so CHN got the gig instead of him. Who was that?

corey waddell at manly
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:27 am

If Burr is named to start, I wouldn't trust Kearney to keep him there more then 3 rounds. I'm sure there will be other cash cows who would be more reliable.

Maybe if he's had 2 really good games and looks like keeping the position long term then I may look to buy but at a higher price, (if my other cashies are failing to deliver, like every other year I have played this game)

GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:30 am

bluetige wrote:If Burr is named to start, I wouldn't trust Kearney to keep him there more then 3 rounds. I'm sure there will be other cash cows who would be more reliable.

Maybe if he's had 2 really good games and looks like keeping the position long term then I may look to buy but at a higher price, (if my other cashies are failing to deliver, like every other year I have played this game)

The thing is BT “forward” cashcows are few and far between. You want SOME cover on your bench, but unless you are TPJ first reserve, it’s hard. I have Macca plus 2 rookie hookers and 2 halves on the bench and it doesn’t feel sustainable, but there money to be made!
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:30 am

Who ever asked if reverse pod works, I’d argue that reverse pod is more successful then Pod.

A team of 12 reverse pods with 5 pods will surely be better over the length of season than a team of 12 pods and 5 reverse pods.

Also, can someone fill me in on nofo? Off field dramas last year?? Likely to be resolved?? Back to his best maybe?
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:34 am

Most people are starting with Macca but who is everyone thinking as their other hooker? Im not keen on Egan if he's gonna share minutes. Surely Hodgson is under valued. Not sure if he has been discussed. What did he average in 2017 when he started the season fully fit?
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:37 am

If Bennett was still at the Broncos I would say Ofa would play lock, he played there a few times last year with big minutes replacing an absent McGuire. A new coach may think differently though and many people here predicting TPJ will play lock or is that wishful thinking like Twal to play lock for the Tigers.

I remember reading somewhere (so don't ask for the source) that TPJ doesn't have a big motor hence his reduced minutes even when playing back row.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:41 am

GreenMachine wrote:

I think our fanatics template is simple.

We go with ofa up front, TPJ second row and we wait and see on Twal.

If youre queezy on number of Broncos for Christs sake drop Bird and/or Gillett. Screw them guys.

Myself... I’ll be keeping Macca as well

I agree with everything here. Even the amount of dots after 'Myself'
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:45 am

GreenMachine wrote:

The thing is BT “forward” cashcows are few and far between. You want SOME cover on your bench, but unless you are TPJ first reserve, it’s hard. I have Macca plus 2 rookie hookers and 2 halves on the bench and it doesn’t feel sustainable, but there money to be made!

I get your point, but right at this moment I think its too bigger gamble and he is a wait and see even though he will cost more. This year there is too much cash to make in the 2RF position anyway to need a cashie in that position. The reason why I won't be picking a keeper in that position to start the season. FRF is where I feel the cashie is needed more. But hey, different thoughts lead to having different teams
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:48 am

Fortitude wrote:Who ever asked if reverse pod works, I’d argue that reverse pod is more successful then Pod.

A team of 12 reverse pods with 5 pods will surely be better over the length of season than a team of 12 pods and 5 reverse pods.

Also, can someone fill me in on nofo? Off field dramas last year?? Likely to be resolved?? Back to his best maybe?

But a reverse POD means you don't own them?

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:44 pm