NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Aus Squad

Ice

Aus Squad Empty Aus Squad

Post by Ice Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:08 pm

THE Kangaroos have named their squad for the Test against Tonga, with Latrell Mitchell beating Will Chambers to a centre berth.

Greg Inglis replaces the retired Cameron Smith as captain and there are four potential debutants in the squad.

Mitchell, Damien Cook, Tyrone Peachey and James Tedesco are in line to make their debut.

Get ready for cricket like never before. FREE Sport HD + Entertainment until the first 4K cricket ball as part of 2 months free with no lock-in contract. SIGN UP TODAY. T&Cs apply.

Grand Final
    Brought to you by sportsbet

Team logo for Sydney Roosters
    ANZ Stadium
    FULL TIME
    Team logo for Melbourne
    Watch Video Highlights

Latrell to make Roos debutLatrell to make Roos debut2:54

Luke Keary is next in line to take Cameron Munster’s five-eighth spot if he is ruled out with suspension for his grand final head kick brain snap.

“This is a new era for the Kangaroos and it is a very exciting one, based on the talent available,” Kangaroos Coach Mal Meninga said.

“There is certainly a strong showing from the NSW squad which won the State of Origin series and we have a number of players who performed exceptionally well through the Finals Series as well as in the Grand Final.

“While there are only two Test matches for the Kangaroos this year they are extremely important to me and this squad.

“This will give us a good gauge of who we will be looking at to lead the Kangaroos into the future.

“The Kangaroos have not played the Kiwis in New Zealand for four years, and have not played in Auckland for six years, so the October 13 Test match will be an extremely important one for us.

“The first Test match ever against Tonga will also be a historic occasion not only for the Kangaroos but for the game as well.”

Latrell embarrasses ChambersLatrell embarrasses Chambers0:58

KANGAROOS SQUAD

Daly Cherry-Evans

Damien Cook

Reagan Campbell-Gillard

Boyd Cordner

Tyson Frizell

Val Holmes

Ben Hunt

Greg Inglis (c)

Felise Kaufusi

David Klemmer

Josh McGuire

Jordan McLean

Latrell Mitchell

Cameron Munster

Tyrone Peachey

James Tedesco

Jake Trbojevic

Tom Trbojevic

Aaron Woods

WOODS!!!.....Really Mal??
    Ice

Aus Squad Empty Re: Aus Squad

Post by Ice Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:32 pm

My side from that lot:
    Tedesco
    TTurbo
    Mitchell
    Inglis
    Holmes
    Maloney (what? Maloney not there?....I guess the head kicker gets the start, but he should be suspended so Keary probably gets the jersey...wow)
    Cleary (what, see above......) Hunt or DCE....rightio.....
    RCG
    Cook
    Klemmer
    Frizell
    Cordner
    JTurbo

Peachey
    McGuire
    McClean
    Kafusi I guess, not a big fan of our bench options.
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:05 pm

Who will replace Inglis as skipper now that he has been charged with drink driving and speeding. Surely he can't hold onto the position, he simply can't. And who comes in for him? Chambers? Orthe Dally M centre of the year, leilua haha.

I'm guessing it will be Cordner as skipper and Chambers.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:29 pm

So Adam Elliot got his cock out in front of his team mates ina private area where the public would have been able to see him if staking him out like the journos were

This lead to telegraph saying the bulldogs should look to Souths about how they turned their culture of the club

Since then

Burgess scandal
    Musgrove fb charge
    GI risks the lives of other motorist

Yeah ok telegraph, over to you

Re the team I’m kinda surprised Keary wasn’t there just simply because there had been a habit of picking bolsters from premierships sides and it feels like you could have got him in there

Woods luxky but probably doesn’t make the 17 and the 17 otherwise looks pretty good to me
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:42 am

so neither of the winning NSW halves are there yet DCE (who was good in his lone game) and Hunt, who was OK and Munster is there?

Wow.... geez Mal be a bit more biased.

Tariq sims didnt get a look in and aaron woods does?

I wouldnt hate to see Inglis stood down for a few tests after that. Far out in this day and age someone like him is still doing that stupid shit. Youre a millionaire mate its fuckin 12 bucks for an uber. What an absolute fucking moron.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:57 am

Just off to bash my wife, knowingly cheat, get drunk, drive and speed. Keep my Australian captaincy on ice, taking it off me would be racist.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:22 am

Mal was pretty big on the off field stuff, i think he'll drop GI, this team was named before his indiscretion

Re the halves, hunt has clearly been picked as a utility who can play in the halves, not as a first choice halve. Hunt has always played the utility roll well.

Munster has probably the #6 sewn up for ages

the 7 was probably a toss up but DCE performed in game 3 and cleary was pretty quiet all series. probs could have made an argument for maloney tho or even keary given how he controlled the GF

woods is a really weird call, especially given there looks to be enough middles in thew squad already to not have to bother naming him. i guess we can atleast be pretty confident he isn't actually in the 17 because klem, RCG, mclean, mcguire and Jake T will handle all the middle minutes easy. one of the edges probably plays a small role there too.

Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:30 am

Mal has to drop GI. Was it him that didnt pick Fifita and then smith and co carried on about how its not just about on the field performances etc?
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:54 am

he dropped papali for a DUI aswell

i think the easy out is they get GI to stand down as captain and he plays on, time will tell
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:30 pm

GI hasn't stood down, i'm actually pretty surprised. he has put Mal in a pretty tough situation.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:09 pm

leaguegod wrote:GI hasn't stood down, i'm actually pretty surprised. he has put Mal in a pretty tough situation.

It's a pretty tough call to be honest.

On one hand it's bloody disappointing, particularly from Koori KO perspective, as it took some of the gloss and positive attention off what was shaping up to be an outstanding tournament.
    That alone makes me want to react and ban the bloke.

But on the other hand (and unlike Papali's DUI) this wasn't a case of being shitfaced and jumping in the car with no regard for anyone else - this was a miscalculation and a mistake that should.....and will be punished accordingly.

I'd hate to be Big Mal, particularly when GI has already thrown him under the bus during his press conference!
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:53 pm

it may not be as bad as papali's but he blowed .085 after having already been on the road for 3 hours and was also speeding, thats pretty bad in my eyes and not just a miscalculation, he would have known he was over.

i don't really buy into the league players are role model talk but i do like the way Mal is making the players playing for their country have a higher standard and i think that makes sense, representing your country does come with more responsibility, he has since suspended GI for the 2 games.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:41 am

GI suspended for 2 games.

Is this a new approach to international selection / availability ? It use to be that you were dropped. Fifita comes to mind that there was indecision or a lack of transparency about if or when he would be considered again. I think it's a good thing, but also opens a can of worms when it comes to consistancy with no structured demerit system.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:32 am

Isn't it pretty much the same as what Tamou got?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:02 am

What a good role model, and GI is very much a role model for indigenous kids - even he says that - getting done like that. What a fucking moron. Deadset, I thought he would be well and truely beyond doing shit like this. The bloke is what, 31? Still doing this dumb as fuck, dangerous, illegal shit.
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:34 pm

Maloney not in squad due to neck injury apparently.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:51 am

Did they bring in someone to replace Inglis?
    I wouldnt hate seeing TommyT move to centre and JAC get a jersey on the wing.
    You would have to think Ponga wouldnt have been far off a spot in the squad too.

Still cant believe woods is there lol... wtf. Finucane?
    Hunt over Keary is a bit odd too.. Keary could easily do the back up hooker and half job that Hunt does.
    Peachy? ... hhmm..
    I actually feel that pearce has been hard done by as well, picking DCE and Hunt over him. Maybe its a case of him not playing enough footy this year but Jeez, its not like DCE or Hunt had great years. Had to get a couple of QLDers in there tho I guess.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:38 pm

Dane Gagai replaced GI and the State of Origin and premiership winning captain who isn't a QLDer and should have been named as captain all along has been named captain

Munster has just announced he has withdrawn his availability for "personal reasons" and been replaced with yet another NSW eligible player who should have been named all along Luke Keary.

Anyone have an idea if Munster's personal reasons resembled GI's ?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:49 am

I wonder if it has anything to do with the blue he got in with hunt last year etc
    Munster is gone.. so now keary is the starting 6 for Australia?? Or does hunt come in and start?

Wow...
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:08 am

Some odd selections

1. Tedesco
    2. Gagai
    3. Mitchell
    4. TTrbo
    5. Holmes
    6. Keary
    7. DCE
    8. Klemmer
    9. Cook
    10. McLean
    11. Cordner
    12. Kaufusi
    13. McGuire

14. Hunt
    15. JTrbo
    16. Friz
    17. Woods

18. Peachy
    19. RCG

Fuck mal has made some odd calls
    TTrbo in the centres with gagai on the wing.. yeah Gagai plays well on the wing, but so does TTrbo and Gagai acutally plays centre at club level..

Keary straight into the starting side..

McLean starting
    Kaufusi starting over Friz
    McGuire starting over TTrbo

WOODS IS IN THE FUCKING SIDE OVER RCG

Hunt is somewhat dubious there as well

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:03 am