NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights - Page 38 Empty Re: 2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

Post by Guest Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:22 pm

I just came to lol @ the Broncos.

You bastards, with Ribot, kicked us out of the Comp.

58 - blot

lol!  Rolling Laugh
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights - Page 38 Empty Re: 2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

Post by Pain Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:10 pm

MilfordTheMagician wrote:The Eels didn't cause us to implode, the players not giving a shit against the Bulldogs was the beginning of the end of our season.

The beginning of the end was round 1

Post by Guest Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:39 pm

Ice wrote:How do Broncos fans feel about the Eels being the team to make the organisation totally implode, as opposed to say Melbourne? I mean, who hasn't been hammered by the Storm, getting them on a good day, you'd cop, with The talent at their disposal and their years of consistency and class a bit of a touch up, But to go down in the records books as THE worst finals result, THE biggest obliteration in history, to the Eels, the reigning Wooden spooners, A team nobody thought could make the 8 v a team a number of astute judges had as GF possibles with the COTY at the helm, I mean really, that's gotta sting a little more doesn't it. Did anyone see that coming? Anyone who thinks they did are kidding themselves.

I know this is supposed to be an obvious troll-y as fuck post, but if we were guaranteed to get towelled up and the question is which team, this is best case scenario, no-one seriously had us as a top 4 team this year, and anyone that did wasn't paying attention, the roster has needed a clean-out for at least 2 years, if we get done by Melbourne, i think the club shrugs their shoulders and go 'well that sucks, but it was the Storm so it was expected', like every other time they've knocked us out of the finals in comprehensive fashion in recent times, there'd be a review, but i don't think it would be as top-to-bottom comprehensive as it will be, given the high standards of our club to not tolerate being embarrassed by a club that has only been truly relevant for about 5 years tops out of the last 35, it hurts now, but when the dead weight is gone and the team is back to where it should be, this dark little chapter becomes a forgotten memory, and the club can go back to being feared instead of laughed at.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:22 am

Dip wrote:

Anasta played a few tests in 2001, but didn't play origin in 2004 and had only played one origin in 2003 and a couple in 2002. That's not that much different to Milford who played a couple of origins in 2017 & 2018. It does back up your point that you basically need elite halves though. Going back from now:
    2018 - Cronk & Keary
    2017 - Cronk & Munster
    2016 - Moloney
    2015 - JT
    2014 - Yeah nobody who was elite this year
    2013 - Pearce & Moloney
    2012 - Cronk
    2011 - DCE (& Foran???)
    2010 - Yeah nobody who was elite
    2009 - Cronk
    2008 - DCE & Foran
    2007 - Cronk & Inglis
    2006 - Lockyer
    2005 - Prince & Marshall
    2004 - Nobody elite
    2003 - Gower was the shizzle back then
    2002 - Fittler
    2001 - Johns
    2000 - Walters
    1999 - Kimmorley
    1998 - Langer and Walters
    1997 - Langer and Walters

2019 - sezer and wighton
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:13 pm

Brett Finch: Nothing wrong with it all, we used to be out on the poke until 3am before a game.

Also Brett Finch:

On ya Finchy. Open those nostrils right up son.
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:11 pm

surmo13 wrote:

I know this is supposed to be an obvious troll-y as fuck post, but if we were guaranteed to get towelled up and the question is which team, this is best case scenario, no-one seriously had us as a top 4 team this year, and anyone that did wasn't paying attention, the roster has needed a clean-out for at least 2 years, if we get done by Melbourne, i think the club shrugs their shoulders and go 'well that sucks, but it was the Storm so it was expected', like every other time they've knocked us out of the finals in comprehensive fashion in recent times, there'd be a review, but i don't think it would be as top-to-bottom comprehensive as it will be, given the high standards of our club to not tolerate being embarrassed by a club that has only been truly relevant for about 5 years tops out of the last 35, it hurts now, but when the dead weight is gone and the team is back to where it should be, this dark little chapter becomes a forgotten memory, and the club can go back to being feared instead of laughed at.

29 of the 40 odd that went in the ladder predictor thought they'd be Top 4 hopefuls, with the bulk of the rest having them in the 8, and plenty of "professional" judges did also. Interestingly, you didn't go in the ladder predictor challenge, so you can claim you had it spot on and are a genius.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:06 pm

As owner operator I can confirm
    29 of 44 had top 4
    43 of 44 had top 8
    Average was 4.07 which elevated them to 3rd position over all behind Roosters & Storm

Post by Guest Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:25 pm

I stand partly corrected then, a lot of people had us top 4, but they still weren't paying attention, though i suppose that's to be expected when the same people had the Eels making the GF the year before only for them to collect the wooden spoon, predictions have always been complete guesswork... Fact is we went into this year moving on a bunch of established players to set up for the next generation, the pre-season was just as, if not more disrupted than our 2018 season, the only difference was that people expected Seibs to be able to wave a magic wand and make everything okay like he did at Souths, but i think the problems are running a lot deeper here than they were down there.

True, I didn't play a silly game, but you're free to direct yourself to page 11 of this thread, just after the coaching swap was made, where i said this:

surmo13 wrote:Well shit, one Seibold spray later and bennett is out on his arse, 2020 can’t come soon enough, keen for the club to put all of this behind them
    surmo13 wrote:yeh, honestly i thought our best chance this year was to not rock the boat and make a clean cut after the season ended, learning the gritty details released this morning, it's become apparent that wasn't an option anymore, but i feel like there's a few too many moving pieces and settling in to do for the team to be the threat it could be, i think when Seibold has full control of the team from day dot is when we'll get the results we're looking for

not exactly the comments of some-one predicting a top 4 spot with dreams of a premiership, right?
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:03 pm

ryno_ wrote:Brett Finch: Nothing wrong with it all, we used to be out on the poke until 3am before a game.

Also Brett Finch:

On ya Finchy. Open those nostrils right up son.

Good show and I rate Finchy on it but it was fucking uncomfortable to watch this week, with him in such a state.

Doesn't help that it is a raw set and you can see under the table but geez the poor bastard couldn't sit still.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:47 pm

surmo13 wrote:I stand partly corrected then, a lot of people had us top 4, but they still weren't paying attention, though i suppose that's to be expected when the same people had the Eels making the GF the year before only for them to collect the wooden spoon, predictions have always been complete guesswork... Fact is we went into this year moving on a bunch of established players to set up for the next generation, the pre-season was just as, if not more disrupted than our 2018 season, the only difference was that people expected Seibs to be able to wave a magic wand and make everything okay like he did at Souths, but i think the problems are running a lot deeper here than they were down there.

True, I didn't play a silly game, but you're free to direct yourself to page 11 of this thread, just after the coaching swap was made, where i said this:

not exactly the comments of some-one predicting a top 4 spot with dreams of a premiership, right?
    fact is they went into the year toting "the best forward pack the broncos have ever had"

Post by Guest Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:11 pm

is that a fact? the 1998 Broncos had:

8. Webcke
    10. Gee
    11. Thorn
    12. Tallis
    13. Carroll

and Campion & Civoniceva on the bench, that'll take some beating, regardless of what some rando with hyperbole glasses on thinks.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:18 am

yep - that was the talk at the start of this season which prompted tallis and co to speak up.
    Short memory mate?

Post by Guest Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:35 am

Pieman wrote:yep - that was the talk at the start of this season which prompted tallis and co to speak up.
    Short memory mate?

.......... so i say 'the media may have been saying some dumb shit, but i don't really care, expecting us to be a threat this year was expecting too much and i thought as much before a ball was kicked'..... and your gotcha moment is 'yeh, well what about this dumb shit the media was saying?'.....

so, uhh, i don't really care? Other people can say whatever 'bold pre-season takes' they want to drive up their clicks and social media engagement, I didn't say it, so what's it got to do with my opinion?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:44 pm

so, uhh, what is has to do with it, is some people were tooting the "best pack ever horn". Fark they were wrong, glad you agree with me.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:19 pm

surely whoever was really just burning you up inside by making that statement was referring to potential and future aspirations, expecting a bunch of 18-24 years old's with 0-2 seasons of experience led by a veteran making a return from a 'broken freakin neck' to immediately be the best forward pack not only in the NRL currently, but in the history of a historically dominant club is beyond silly.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:36 pm

no mate, it was being said at the start of the season. Its what prompted Tallis and co to come out and have a go at them.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:11 pm

ok, cool, whatever you say, not sure what point you think you were making here, but :ThumbsUp:
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:27 pm

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights - Page 38 Z

Post by Guest Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:10 pm

No Worries wrote:2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights - Page 38 Z

you're a bit late to the party, not sure why you'd brace yourself for something that's already over, and what the fuck is up with your image?! the link takes up more space than the picture does
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:10 am

surmo13 wrote:ok, cool, whatever you say, not sure what point you think you were making here, but :ThumbsUp:
    shock me surmbro misses the point lol

Also NW, my dick is bigger than his

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:02 pm