NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

Pieman
    Pieman

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights - Page 25 Empty Re: 2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

Post by Pieman Wed May 08, 2019 2:29 pm

did no one ever warn you about jokes Surmbro?

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights - Page 25 Empty Re: 2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

Post by Guest Wed May 08, 2019 3:11 pm

Pieman wrote:did no one ever warn you about jokes Surmbro?

I think i have a pretty good grasp on who is a joke, after all, I laugh at you a lot Very Happy
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed May 08, 2019 3:44 pm

surmo13 wrote:

I think i have a pretty good grasp on who is a joke, after all, I laugh at you a lot Very Happy

Here is a jewel for ya

The truth sounds like hate to people who hate the truth

Smile

Post by Guest Wed May 08, 2019 4:19 pm

Pieman wrote:

Here is a jewel for ya

The truth sounds like hate to people who hate the truth

Smile

lol!

Post by Guest Tue May 14, 2019 12:06 am

Chris Garry posted an article about what's going on behind the scenes at the Broncos that is well worth a read - https://7news.com.au/sport/eyes-up-footy-the-single-word-brisbane-broncos-dont-want-fans-to-hear-c-105199.amp, the plans for some up-and-coming talent caught my eye:

Paix will be transformed into a hooker/utility to be the club’s no.14 next season. James Segeyaro is considered a short-term fix.

English fullback Herbie Farnworth, just 19, is NRL ready. He regularly burns Bronco first graders. He’s the next winger picked if 21-year-old Shibasaki doesn’t perform.

Boyd is their biggest issue. How do you manage a club captain and veteran player out of the position he’s owned to another position that might be worse for him?

It’s delicate but Boyd loves the club so much he will do what’s right.

Right now, he’s digging in to stay in the No.1 jersey following a standout pre-season which had him convinced he could return to his best. At some point he must switch to the centres.

this is also interesting:
    *The Wayne Bennett version of Darius Boyd’s contract was this week run by the NRL’s website. It is very different than what most at Brisbane recount of how the four year deal was done. As with most things, the truth lies in the middle. Ultimately, Bennett, the recruitment committee and board are to blame. But Boyd is not on 800k season. His deal averages out to be around 600k a year.

and finally, this one confused me:
    *If you are wondering why the Broncos old boys aren’t going after Anthony Seibold, it’s because he’s genuinely liked by those who trained with him during his time at the club in the 90’s. It’s sparing him criticism, for now.

every week they drag an old boy out of obscurity to shit on Seibs and wax lyrical about Wayne or Kevvie, so i don't know what that one is about...
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue May 14, 2019 10:06 am

surmo13 wrote:Chris Garry posted an article about what's going on behind the scenes at the Broncos that is well worth a read - https://7news.com.au/sport/eyes-up-footy-the-single-word-brisbane-broncos-dont-want-fans-to-hear-c-105199.amp, the plans for some up-and-coming talent caught my eye:

His column has been really good.

Garry is definitely one of the better journos going around. He is generally on the mark with his info, and doesn't seem to buy into the BS rumour stuff.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue May 14, 2019 10:36 am

It's a good read. It sounds like they've backended Boyd and he is on 800k to me which wouldn't be such a bad thing anyway as it'll free up plenty of cap space when he retires early.

Post by Guest Tue May 14, 2019 11:10 am

my tv broke wrote:

His column has been really good.

Garry is definitely one of the better journos going around. He is generally on the mark with his info, and doesn't seem to buy into the BS rumour stuff.

for sure, whenever there is Broncos news i always wait for Garry's take before i give it any credence, you couldn't pay me to trust anything that comes from the mouth of that drama merchant Badel, or that know-nothing know-it-all Dobbo.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue May 14, 2019 11:38 am

surmo13 wrote:

for sure, whenever there is Broncos news i always wait for Garry's take before i give it any credence, you couldn't pay me to trust anything that comes from the mouth of that drama merchant Badel, or that know-nothing know-it-all Dobbo.

You need to give Dobbo a sock and free him from his master

Post by Guest Fri May 17, 2019 11:51 pm

... We don't suck anymore?!
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Sat May 18, 2019 12:09 am

Oh hi. I just... dropped something back here behind the woodwork. I wasn't hiding, I promise....

Dip

Post by Dip Sat May 18, 2019 3:16 am

Was at the game so don’t know if they explained it on TV. Can anyone explain why the shot clock penalty at the scrum with 5 to go wasn’t a differential penalty with no shot at goal allowed?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat May 18, 2019 3:33 am

Dip wrote:Was at the game so don’t know if they explained it on TV. Can anyone explain why the shot clock penalty at the scrum with 5 to go wasn’t a differential penalty with no shot at goal allowed?

Fox commentary were a bit confused as well, but I think Vossy was saying that the one and only scrum penalty that isn't actually a differential is the scrum clock breach. There might be a more intricate explanation, but I can only assume it is because it's a new-ish rule?

Post by Guest Sat May 18, 2019 3:42 am

looked it up and its in the rule book:

. If the “scrum clock” has counted down to zero seconds (indicated by a siren sounding) and one team is not
    Properly Bound and Packed, the Referee shall award a penalty to the non-offending team. This will not be
    a differential penalty.

though honestly it wouldn't have surprised me if they flat out forgot, some of those decisions tonight had me questioning whether they knew their arse from their elbow.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Sat May 18, 2019 9:32 am

great game for a neutral, probably been a down year for exciting games like that thus far

Tough night for the refs, i generally like atkins but it just felt like the speed of the game was a bit much for both refs and they just struggled with their decision making. kinda felt like the calls went the roosters way early before turning and going the broncos way in the second half, can't say the best team didn't win tho. i defs came away thinking atkins is not ready for origin like i may have originally thought

Roosters wouldn't be to concerned, can't be at your best every week, possession was against them, still had a chance to win the game.

broncos showed what they can do, i have no doubt they still be a danger at the end of the season but their youth is gonna make consistency hard. gotta back this performance up. Beat the warriors next week and there is probably an outside chance they come back from the bye in the 8. lose to the warriors and you're back to wondering whether they really have any finals hope.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat May 18, 2019 11:46 am

good to see the fans back after a couple of wins Smile

Was a great game, the bronco's looked like they had heaps more energy last night and really did well to come away with the win. Dearden looks the goods too, he has shown more as an out an out 7 in his 3 games than nikorima ever has, and in the 2 games for the warriors, nikorima has played a role that he is much much better suited to. Makes me wonder why the broncos persisted with him at 7 for so fucking long.

Segy was the difference last night too, turpin was excellent as well. Its going to be shit when Macca comes back and slows down the attack again. At the very least they need to turn Macca into a 50-60 min hooker with Segy on the bench.

Payne hass... is he a smokey for origin??

Post by Guest Fri May 24, 2019 5:20 pm

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/24/nikorima-spills-the-beans-on-broncos-tactics/

on one hand, i get that's it all business and Kodi prolly has no love lost for the organization given his exit, but on the other hand, fuck Kodi for selling out the friends he's played with for umpteen years at the drop of a hat.

Admittedly i have bias, especially with this news coming fresh off the same scenario playing out this week in the opposite way for the team i support in the NFL, the Ravens, who released Eric Weddle in the off-season, who has signed with the Rams, and had this all-class exchange with a Sports Illustrated reporter during a film study/interview:

He considered the offense’s point of view. He knew how all the details fit into the big picture. He understood everything about his teammates’ responsibilities. This was emphasized towards the end when, on one play, Ravens cornerbacks Brandon Carr and Marlon Humphrey perfectly switched man-to-man assignments on the fly downfield. Weddle called it a “special play” by those two but wouldn’t reveal how they knew to make it. It was the only schematic tidbit that he withheld.

But he will tell Sean McVay what the corners did here before the Rams face the Ravens on Monday night this October, right?

No.

I told Weddle I didn’t believe him.

“You don’t know me then,” he said, dead serious. The moment threatened to take on tension, but he continued speaking. "What kind of man would I be if I rat out my guys that I played three years with? I cherish every relationship I made on that defense, on that team. The minute I say, ‘Here are all of their calls’ or ‘here are the checks to this,’ then what am I at the end of the day? I lose everything that I gained from there. And that means more to me than anything.”

That evening, McVay called to see how things went with his new safety. It wasn’t long before I said, “Eric claims he won't reveal some of the Ravens’ man-to-man switch release rules when you guys get ready to play them!” McVay chuckled and said he wasn’t surprised; Weddle struck him as a uniquely loyal dude. (Then McVay’s curiosity took off and he listed several possibilities for what the coverage rule might be, growing increasingly frustrated that he didn’t have the play on film in front of him.)

A few days later I asked one of Weddle’s former defensive coaches if he thought the safety would indeed keep that detailed coverage rule under wraps when L.A. played Baltimore.

“With just about any other player, I’d say the guy would probably crack and share it once game week rolled around,” the coach said. “But Eric is different. He really values personal relationships and loyalty.”
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri May 24, 2019 9:00 pm

Lol
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Sat May 25, 2019 11:05 am

What were you expecting? It’s not like the Broncos have anything worth keeping secret anyway
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat May 25, 2019 12:44 pm

Krump wrote:What were you expecting? It’s not like the Broncos have anything worth keeping secret anyway
    haha yeah... its not like he is Bran Stark. The broncos have been going downhill for years

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:27 am