NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

bluetige
    bluetige

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1 - Page 46 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

Post by bluetige Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:58 am

Looks like the magic number used to calculate the new prices is ?????? at this stage.

Here is a chart I made comparing prices with last years magic number to this years. Prices for players have decreased but some have increased. Maybe there is a new formula to calculate the magic number but as of now I don't know it.

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1 - Page 46 Untitl10

Disc means discounted price
    gp means games played
    cost = predicted 2019 price as per last years magic number

Most prices have gone down but a couple have increased
    bluetige
    bluetige

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1 - Page 46 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

Post by bluetige Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:17 am

I just had a thought. Maybe there will be a scoring change or a new score added this year and prices have been changed accordingly to reflect the new game.

At the moment the magic number stands between 13.89 and 14.91
    Blindside
    Blindside

Post by Blindside Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:30 pm

???? back lurking for the 2019 season. Looking forward to beating the forum team again this year.....
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:47 pm

A bit of time on my hands and I thought I'd corral some questions for you guys who read all the team forums and actually know stuff.

It looks to me like fullbacks are going to be where a lot of tough early decisions have to be made. Much unlike last year.

Meaney for the Doggies? Tempting cow at sub-400.
    Abbey at the Raiders should take #1 if Wighton moves to the halves, then a must-have. Likely?
    J.Hughes at fullback for the Storm looks plenty tempting behind that pack, but is the job security ok?
    TMM available at FB, sub 400, running next to Morgan - I'm tempted. But then Morgan is also available at FB. Too risky to have both?
    Corey Norman at close to 600, is he too expensive for a unreliable FB (but behind a good pack)? Yeah, probably. Will be interesting to wait for value.
    If Mann doesn't start a hooker, but plays a bench utility role, is he bad value at sub-400?
    Are Inglis' absent knees a turn-off from him as FB-priced-as-centre?
    D.Edwards looked the goods last year as a Teddy-option. With him running off a good, set halves paring (and behind Kikass etc), is he a slighlty-underpriced keeper at sub 600k?
    I can't see any value in Teddy, TTurbo or RTS. Am I wrong?

Huh. Just typing this out makes me nervous about the number of mid-rangers I'm considering after going too heavy mid-range last year. Anyway, grateful for any thoughts!

RNGD Analytics
    RNGD Analytics

Post by RNGD Analytics Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:10 pm

bluetige wrote:I just had a thought. Maybe there will be a scoring change or a new score added this year and prices have been changed accordingly to reflect the new game.

At the moment the magic number stands between 13.89 and 14.91

I couldn't work it out either but this would probably make sense. Hopefully it isn't something stupid.
    RNGD Analytics
    RNGD Analytics

Post by RNGD Analytics Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:24 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:A bit of time on my hands and I thought I'd corral some questions for you guys who read all the team forums and actually know stuff.

It looks to me like fullbacks are going to be where a lot of tough early decisions have to be made. Much unlike last year.

Meaney for the Doggies? Tempting cow at sub-400. I think he's probably about $400k but that's still almost $100k discounted so worth a shout
    Abbey at the Raiders should take #1 if Wighton moves to the halves, then a must-have. Likely? Abbey will be basically base price but he's always sucked in fantasy - 11 games starting at fullbac with an average of less than 16!
    J.Hughes at fullback for the Storm looks plenty tempting behind that pack, but is the job security ok? Might be alright as long as he doesn't Croft it!
    TMM available at FB, sub 400, running next to Morgan - I'm tempted. But then Morgan is also available at FB. Too risky to have both? I don't think there's much additional risk in having two guys from the same team
    Corey Norman at close to 600, is he too expensive for a unreliable FB (but behind a good pack)? Yeah, probably. Will be interesting to wait for value. Weren't they shifting Widdop to fullback? Either way I'm a bit sketchy on these position halfback to fullback switches but it worked for Brimson
    If Mann doesn't start a hooker, but plays a bench utility role, is he bad value at sub-400? I wouldn't do it. Bench utilities generally suck
    Are Inglis' absent knees a turn-off from him as FB-priced-as-centre? He still averaged 35 last year so for him to be worthwhile he needs to return to something nearing peak form.
    D.Edwards looked the goods last year as a Teddy-option. With him running off a good, set halves paring (and behind Kikass etc), is he a slighlty-underpriced keeper at sub 600k? He played less than 10 games so he's at least a little undervalued provided he's back to form.
    I can't see any value in Teddy, TTurbo or RTS. Am I wrong? Agreed

Huh. Just typing this out makes me nervous about the number of mid-rangers I'm considering after going too heavy mid-range last year. Anyway, grateful for any thoughts! I'd rather go mid-range heavy than get stuck with guns who fall in value!

StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:36 pm

i Hope cotric takes the spot over abbey. More experience at fb for cotric the better. My first lock ins for fb this year I think are Edwards, Hughes, Barba. I think Barba will shine for the cows this year!
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:52 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:A bit of time on my hands and I thought I'd corral some questions for you guys who read all the team forums and actually know stuff.

Abbey at the Raiders should take #1 if Wighton moves to the halves, then a must-have. Likely?
    J.Hughes at fullback for the Storm looks plenty tempting behind that pack, but is the job security ok?
    TMM available at FB, sub 400, running next to Morgan - I'm tempted. But then Morgan is also available at FB. Too risky to have both?
    Corey Norman at close to 600, is he too expensive for a unreliable FB (but behind a good pack)? Yeah, probably. Will be interesting to wait for value.
    If Mann doesn't start a hooker, but plays a bench utility role, is he bad value at sub-400?
    D.Edwards looked the goods last year as a Teddy-option. With him running off a good, set halves paring (and behind Kikass etc), is he a slighlty-underpriced keeper at sub 600k?

Huh. Just typing this out makes me nervous about the number of mid-rangers I'm considering after going too heavy mid-range last year. Anyway, grateful for any thoughts!

I don't know much about Meaney, but if I'm picking a risky cow in a bottom four or so team I want them to be base price. Abbey never again, he was pus. J. Hughes looks like a footballer, I'm considering. TMM I don't think is great for fantasy, hardly any kms and will have Clifford breathing down his neck if not immediately. Morgan I like. Norman will play 5/8 and I can see Hunt pinching the kms but you never know. Mann probably only if he starts. I'm considering Edwards and agree Teddy, Turbo and RTS all appear fair value.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:54 pm

RNGD Analytics wrote:

I couldn't work it out either but this would probably make sense. Hopefully it isn't something stupid.

I did sums on the magic number for all the players and there's no pattern to it. I reckon they've just stuffed it up and will release a revised version at some stage.
    RNGD Analytics
    RNGD Analytics

Post by RNGD Analytics Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:58 pm

Mulvy wrote:

I did sums on the magic number for all the players and there's no pattern to it. I reckon they've just stuffed it up and will release a revised version at some stage.

I doubt they change it. If anyone knows how it works it will be Milch. Sure he'll be around sometime.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:01 pm

Someone flying very under the radar and someone who i have not seen mentioned much at all for FB is Connor Watson? As i dont have time does any one have any stats on Watto at FB over his time?

Edit - I lie! in 2017 he played 4 games at FB for Roosters and averaged 49.5
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:33 pm

NRL memes Facebook page dropping Bombs left right centre. Corey Norman egging on an old bloke doing lines, in the room with Angus Chrichton and kurtly Beale. Hahaha what an off-season
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:38 pm

Looks like the prices Milchy pulled off that testing site are correct. They are on page 37, so we don't really need to wait for the NRL drip-feed.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:20 pm

The prices this year don't match exactly to last year's averages. Either there is a slight scoring change this year, or they've made a change to how they calculate starting prices.

I'm on holiday at the moment, so don't have spreadsheets available to work out exactly what the deal ia

Could mean there are a few cheaper options available though

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:19 pm

Edwards will be in my team. The only other lock I will have is Munster if he gets a fullback spot. Everything else is wide open
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:23 pm

Dropping in to debut my new avatar, with thanks to @bluetige
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:33 pm

Team planner with new prices anywhere?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:56 pm

Gday all Very Happy

Hopefully everyone had a safe and enjoyable Festive Season?  I managed to spend a week in God's Country with my girls and family.  Perfect weather in South East Queensland  Love

I did make an error of judgement though-I got a 1.5 hour massage (legit, just a massage) at a ridgey didge professional massage place called Thai Sensations.  Problem is I'm applying for an investment loan and anyone looking at Real Estate at the moment knows they are absolutely scouring every detail in your statements after the Royal Commission. I just know the lady handling my application has already judged me; If I saw "Thai Sensations Services" come up on someone's statement there is no way I would except that it WASN'T a brothel.

Anyway, nice to be back all and look forward to your company for another Season  Very Happy
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:05 am

SI wrote:Gday all Very Happy

Hopefully everyone had a safe and enjoyable Festive Season?  I managed to spend a week in God's Country with my girls and family.  Perfect weather in South East Queensland  Love

I did make an error of judgement though-I got a 1.5 hour massage (legit, just a massage) at a ridgey didge professional massage place called Thai Sensations.  Problem is I'm applying for an investment loan and anyone looking at Real Estate at the moment knows they are absolutely scouring every detail in your statements after the Royal Commission.  I just know the lady handling my application has already judged me; If I saw "Thai Sensations Services" come up on someone's statement there is no way I would except that it WASN'T a brothel.

Anyway, nice to be back all and look forward to your company for another Season  Very Happy
    2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1 - Page 46 Jesus10
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:30 am

Welshy wrote:
    SI wrote:Gday all Very Happy

I did make an error of judgement though-I got a 1.5 hour massage (legit, just a massage) at a ridgey didge professional massage place called Thai Sensations.  Problem is I'm applying for an investment loan and anyone looking at Real Estate at the moment knows they are absolutely scouring every detail in your statements after the Royal Commission.  I just know the lady handling my application has already judged me; If I saw "Thai Sensations Services" come up on someone's statement there is no way I would except that it WASN'T a brothel.

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1 - Page 46 Jesus10

Lol I think riding that Dragon for hours each day through blizzards just to get internet at the English border is God-like!

I've bought an AV adapter to get around the work filter so you'll have to put up with me posting copious amounts of diplomatic dribble through the day as well again this year, not just at night Very Happy Well technically that's your night...either way there's no escape!

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:42 am