NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 Best Buys

standard-issue
    standard-issue

2016 Best Buys - Page 4 Empty Re: 2016 Best Buys

Post by standard-issue Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:47 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:Who would you rather? Teo for half a year and Maranta or Roberts?

Roberts.

Post by Guest Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:56 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:Who would you rather? Teo for half a year and Maranta or Roberts?
    Yeah you are right. Roberts would be fantastic even if we have to lose out on Teo. We also have Anderson.
    Manofsteele
    Manofsteele

Post by Manofsteele Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:03 pm

Titans would be happy to take teo

Post by Guest Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:09 pm

I was waiting for you to weigh in on this
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:11 pm

How do the Broncos have room in their cap for a Dally M centre of the year?

Post by Guest Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:13 pm

As much as I would like to see Roberts play for the Broncos I really think I would prefer to see him stay at the Titans. The Titans need that xfactor player that made almost all of their games exciting in Roberts. They're unlikely to get that outta Zillman or Hoffman and now will probably have to pay overs for Lafai. Shame how it all went down!

Post by Guest Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:14 pm

Honeysett wrote:How do the Broncos have room in their cap for a Dally M centre of the year?

Probably will lose a few other because of this
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:31 pm

Do we actually lose that much if we sign Roberts? I mean Copley will want to look elsewhere but Hodges funds should pay for Roberts.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:33 pm

Random wrote:Do we actually lose that much if we sign Roberts? I mean Copley will want to look elsewhere but Hodges funds should pay for Roberts.

That Hodges money would be long gone tying up other players. This late in the season most of the cap would be spent, especially for someone like the Broncos. Back to the thoroughbred days with Wayne Bennett at the helm.

Post by Guest Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:38 pm

Honeysett wrote:

That Hodges money would be long gone tying up other players. This late in the season most of the cap would be spent, especially for someone like the Broncos. Back to the thoroughbred days with Wayne Bennett at the helm.
    You jelly? Yeah you jelly. You are lucky Gagai decided to stay.

Post by Guest Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:25 pm

Lafai a done deal at Dragons apparently. Roberts meeting with Souths today. Who loses out at Dragons? 3 ctrs in Lafai, Aitken and Mann.

Post by Guest Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:29 pm

McQueen a done deal at the Titans finally.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:33 pm

Bren wrote:McQueen a done deal at the Titans finally.

Depending on price he could be a decent cheapie to start the season in fantasy if he gets a starting 2nd row spot
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:10 pm

Bren wrote:Lafai a done deal at Dragons apparently. Roberts meeting with Souths today. Who loses out at Dragons? 3 ctrs in Lafai, Aitken and Mann.

Dugan is locked in to play centre according to all reports. My mate who's a huge dragons fan has said that he'll get the nod there due to him wanting to look after his body.

That leaves Aitken perhaps shifting to second row or NSW cup and Mann probably at fullback. Leaving 50s favourite Mata'utai out in the cold

Post by Guest Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:20 pm

Honeysett wrote:How do the Broncos have room in their cap for a Dally M centre of the year?

Ins: Carlin Anderson (Ipswich Jets), Caleb Timu (Mormon mission), Salesi Funaki (Wests Tigers)

Outs: Justin Hodges (retirement), Todd Lowrie (Newcastle Knights), Ashley Taylor (Gold Coast Titans), Mitch Garbutt (Leeds Rhinos), Matt Parcell (Manly Sea Eagles), Mitchell Dodds (Warrington), Jayden Nikorima (Roosters), David Stagg (retirement), Jordan Drew (Cronulla Sharks), Daniel Vidot (Salford)

Add that we were paying Barba & Kennedy to play for other clubs last year & I don't think it's hard to imagine we have some funds to use
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:22 pm

Jeez. There's some potential in that list Sad
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:05 pm

surmo13 wrote:

Ins: Carlin Anderson (Ipswich Jets), Caleb Timu (Mormon mission), Salesi Funaki (Wests Tigers)

Outs: Justin Hodges (retirement), Todd Lowrie (Newcastle Knights), Ashley Taylor (Gold Coast Titans), Mitch Garbutt (Leeds Rhinos), Matt Parcell (Manly Sea Eagles), Mitchell Dodds (Warrington), Jayden Nikorima (Roosters), David Stagg (retirement), Jordan Drew (Cronulla Sharks), Daniel Vidot (Salford)

Add that we were paying Barba & Kennedy to play for other clubs last year & I don't think it's hard to imagine we have some funds to use

Looking forward to seeing Carlin Anderson and Timu at some stage next year. Unfortunately they will probably be unleashed against my mob the week before Origin 1.

Enjoyed watching Carlin in QCup this year, just needs to get the errors out of his game to play First Grade consistently. Timu had MASSIVE numbers in NYC before his mission. Will take him a bit to get back into I'd imagine.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:55 pm

surmo13 wrote:

Haven't you spent a shit load keeping the players you have? Hodges would be the only one there on decent coin

Post by Guest Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:50 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Haven't you spent a shit load keeping the players you have? Hodges would be the only one there on decent coin

McGuire and Thaiday both signed unders to stay. If you were referring to Kahu then he was due for an upgrade anyhow. Always knew if he strung an injury free run together other clubs would show interest and come knocking.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:50 am

Bren wrote:

McGuire and Thaiday both signed unders to stay. If you were referring to Kahu then he was due for an upgrade anyhow. Always knew if he strung an injury free run together other clubs would show interest and come knocking.

I think the point is you still need 25 players, so everyone on Honeysett's list need to be replaced. Replacing a nuffie with a nuffie doesn't save you money so there is very little savings in that list other than Hodges. Everyone at Brisbane signs for unders and you still have money left over from when Langer & Lockyer retired and FAC plays for the love of the game, he's on minimum wage.

You been reading too much McDribbler on twitter.

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 2:07 am