NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

code delta
    code delta

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1 - Page 9 Empty Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

Post by code delta Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:55 pm

@Concussed
    Suspect you'll get more help about your team here this week but just don't post your final trade and teams ins and outs here as someone may be lurking and you don't want to give them any heads up.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1 - Page 9 Empty Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:29 am

Concussed wrote:

Ha yeah we both have Cook and Taumalolo, who happen to be our Captains at this stage

Yeah picking the 2RF or FRF that will go BOOM for one week is the mission (heck I have even been looking long and hard at Cooper vs Titans!!) A guy could go mad haha

I'm guessing TLT is going to make things even more interesting... Any other options people see for a BOOM game this weekend?

Congrats mate!

Tricky round, as I suspect it is going to be high scoring.

My initial thoughts are:

- Souths to pump Tigers: Crichton and Burgess to score well
    - NZ and Canberra both playing well, possibly a tight contest
    - Melbourne to pump Panthers: Stimson or Kaufusi for a long shot?
    - Knights to pump Dragons: Herman, Fitz or Guerra??
    - Cows to pump Titans: Lolo obviously but McLean has been amazing since his return....as you said Cooper or even Hess also.
    - Chooks to pump Eels: Boyd, Radley (gun), SST or Liu??
    - Dogs and Sharks to be tight
    - Broncos and Manly to be tight but high scoring
    Concussed
    Concussed

Post by Concussed Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:55 pm

code delta wrote:@Concussed
    Suspect you'll get more help about your team here this week but just don't post your final trade and teams ins and outs here as someone may be lurking and you don't want to give them any heads up.

Yeah thanks for that Delta. Although I think there is enough POD's and I would be very surprised if they had trades left as well, for it not to matter... I didn't even realize what this Eliminator stuff was 5 or so weeks ago, so to be in the final is win enough for me
    Concussed
    Concussed

Post by Concussed Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:02 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Congrats mate!

Tricky round, as I suspect it is going to be high scoring.

My initial thoughts are:

- Souths to pump Tigers: Crichton and Burgess to score well
    - NZ and Canberra both playing well, possibly a tight contest
    - Melbourne to pump Panthers: Stimson or Kaufusi for a long shot?
    - Knights to pump Dragons: Herman, Fitz or Guerra??
    - Cows to pump Titans: Lolo obviously but McLean has been amazing since his return....as you said Cooper or even Hess also.
    - Chooks to pump Eels: Boyd, Radley (gun), SST or Liu??
    - Dogs and Sharks to be tight
    - Broncos and Manly to be tight but high scoring

Yeah very similar to all the thoughts I have been having thanks mate. I am pretty sure that I have come to terms with the fact that whoever I pick is going to score a massive 30 points anyway haha!

I guess if I do manage to fluke that one player that goes BOOM this week, then I will start buying lotto tickets as well

I have Burgess, Taumalolo & Hess already going into this weekend...just need to see what TLT throws up now and take a stab in the dark
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:18 pm

I personally wouldn't go too left filed with the trade mate. For example, while Cooper has the ability to score tries Im pretty sure he hasn't topped 70 all season and has often put in some shitters.

On the other hand your gun players: Tohu, Papalii etc tend to have a low floor but typically score well and go big every now and then.

The guy I would look at as a bolter is L Leilua. He has scored almost 70 per game over the last three since getting the start and is up against Newcastle.

For me the safe options is Tohu, the POD option is Papalii, the bolter and big risk is Leilua!

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:39 am

Hey lads, in this Sportsdeck comp if u only have 1 centre playing of the 4 in the spots, will Lomax who is sitting on the wfb pine get subbed in ? As he is wfb and centre
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:49 am

Revraiser wrote:Hey lads, in this Sportsdeck comp if u only have 1 centre playing of the 4 in the spots, will Lomax who is sitting on the wfb pine get subbed in ? As he is wfb and centre

You will get the lowest positive score from your NPRs to count as an AE, position is irrelevant.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:34 am

Cheers Milch.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:45 am

Good luck for the final round lads!
    Concussed
    Concussed

Post by Concussed Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:46 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Good luck for the final round lads!

Yeah best of luck everyone! Final weekend so let’s smash out some big scores!!

Captain Cook and Burgess for me to start the Eliminator Final, so 80+ scores from them both and quiet ones from Walker, Marsters & Crichton will make me a very happy chappy (please and thanks!) haha
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:00 pm

Concussed wrote:
    Rippin and Tearin wrote:Good luck for the final round lads!

Yeah best of luck everyone! Final weekend so let’s smash out some big scores!!

Captain Cook and Burgess for me to start the Eliminator Final, so 80+ scores from them both and quiet ones from Walker, Marsters & Crichton will make me a very happy chappy (please and thanks!) haha

Best of luck mate, tremendous achievement! Milchy took out the Eliminator in 2015 for those who aren't aware. I'll be following this throughout the entire weekend.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:08 pm

Good luck Concussed !
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:43 pm

Best of luck Concussed.............................
    Concussed
    Concussed

Post by Concussed Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:44 pm

Verbal Kint wrote:Good luck Concussed !

Thanks heaps team, greatly appreciated. I’m nervous now that I have so much support! Haha

Last team selection question...play Arrow or Martin? And why/why not? Please and thanks
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:47 pm

Concussed wrote:
    Verbal Kint wrote:Good luck Concussed !

Thanks heaps team, greatly appreciated. I’m nervous now that I have so much support! Haha

Last team selection question...play Arrow or Martin? And why/why not? Please and thanks

Even if I was drinking and completely pickled I don't think I'd try to give you any advice!  

fwiw I'd probably punt on JArrow
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:52 pm

Concussed wrote:

I can't remember, but does your opponent have both and did he play both last week?

I'd base my decision on how the game is tracking in relation to what I think your opponent would play..

All else equal though Martin's injury scares me a little and seeing as Arrow plays first, I'd be playing him!
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:52 pm

Concussed wrote:

The only reason I say to play Arrow is that you don't want to get to Sunday to only then to find out that Martin is out with NO cover.
    He is still a chance to be out, isn't he??? I haven't followed the news closely this week......
    Concussed
    Concussed

Post by Concussed Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:56 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

I can't remember, but does your opponent have both and did he play both last week?

I'd base my decision on how the game is tracking in relation to what I think your opponent would play..

All else equal though Martin's injury scares me a little and seeing as Arrow plays first, I'd be playing him!

He has Martin but didn’t play him last week. He has James but no Arrow.

Also he captained Taumalolo last week, where as I had and am sticking with Cook, so will be interesting to see if he changes...
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:00 pm

Concussed wrote:

He has Martin but didn’t play him last week. He has James but no Arrow.

Also he captained Taumalolo last week, where as I had and am sticking with Cook, so will be interesting to see if he changes...

People tend to stick with what they've previously been doing in this game, as long as its been working. So I would think he won't play either. In that case if you are ahead come the Titans game I'd probably go Arrow, if you are behind I'd probably go Martin cause I think these days he has a higher ceiling. Its a toss up though mate - go with your gut!
    Concussed
    Concussed

Post by Concussed Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:08 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

People tend to stick with what they've previously been doing in this game, as long as its been working. So I would think he won't play either. In that case if you are ahead come the Titans game I'd probably go Arrow, if you are behind I'd probably go Martin cause I think these days he has a higher ceiling. Its a toss up though mate - go with your gut!

Thanks guys, I think I know what I am doing...

Who is Britt, and will he take time from Cook???

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:17 am