NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 48

Poll

Who are the underdogs for Game 1 of SOO ?

[ 34 ]
    2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 48 - Page 14 Bar_left41%2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 48 - Page 14 Bar_right [41%] 
    [ 48 ]
    2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 48 - Page 14 Bar_left59%2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 48 - Page 14 Bar_right [59%] 

Total Votes: 82
    Poll closed
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 48 - Page 14 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 48

Post by Mearcats Tue May 29, 2018 9:29 pm

mickspicks wrote:Friend may be good for this week and next but I don’t see him as a long term option. Radley will be off the bench and stealing his minutes.

Friend comes in for Lamb for me so it's a win win situation.
    Finch
    Finch

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 48 - Page 14 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 48

Post by Finch Tue May 29, 2018 9:30 pm

Regarding Taupau, don't forget he might be rested after Denver, if he even goes.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue May 29, 2018 9:32 pm

Mearcats wrote:

Why would you prefer Doughboy over TMM Wolfy? Neither of them are going to be keepers, one has better security than the other (barring a Coote masterclass this weekend) and the same one will make far more money. It's a no brainer to me. Especially if it allows you to bring Friend in this week.

I know you're right really mate. Doueihi I guess just to have there for Reynolds insurance, but that's about it. Could go RFM and JFH to Taupau and TMM and if I skip Friend bank the coin and don't really worry about the excessive back cover.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue May 29, 2018 9:33 pm

Finch wrote:Regarding Taupau, don't forget he might be rested after Denver, if he even goes.

Pretty sure he doesn't want to go and will make himself unavailable.
    pm888
    pm888

Post by pm888 Tue May 29, 2018 9:36 pm

surgess also got sin binned last week so hes 41 couldve been a 48. im leaning towards him over gallen at the moment, means i need to find some money elsewhere though
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue May 29, 2018 9:38 pm

Mearcats wrote:

Graham doesn't go close to Taupau. Especially coming back from a hammy. Taupau has gone under that average but regardless, it's his average and it's keeper level. You bring him in, he stays for the season. Same can't be said about Graham and Burgess is a liabilty. Albeit one with upside.

I see what SI is talking about re rd14 for Cook. Makes me think more seriously about trading him but I think I'll just hold for the week and see what happens in rd14. If he gets rested or omitted altogether then I will reevaluate come rd 17. Personally, I still don't see it. I can see the thought process but don't see it happening.
    Its one round is what I'm trying to get at mate, anything can happen although the liklihood of Kapow outscoring Wade is huge. I just don't trust Taupau to maintain his gaudy average moving forward especially when he is priced far and away above his actual average as he has burnt me in the past....BUT I want his score this week  Laugh 3 

If Wade goes above him this week I'll be close to the hanging tree.

I might do Wade in over Friend or maybe both  Laugh 3
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Tue May 29, 2018 9:39 pm

wolfking wrote:

I know you're right really mate.  Doueihi I guess just to have there for Reynolds insurance, but that's about it.  Could go RFM and JFH to Taupau and TMM and if I skip Friend bank the coin and don't really worry about the excessive back cover.
    You could hold JFH if you wanted to... He's not as dire a situation as RFM. RFM's BE is killer. I bought him low, am selling high and bringing in Lolo. Trading JFH as well leaves me short another rd17 player but he was going to go sooner or later, it just happened to work out well for me to make it happen this round.

I don't think you need a plethora of cover. You already have Martin (shaping up to be a possible keeper on the bench) as cover, he'll tide you over. That being said, I'm definitely a cover advocate. My team has more DPP's than single position players FFS. Lol.

Post by Guest Tue May 29, 2018 9:42 pm

MCK lives!! even before lock-out last week I was convinced that Rochow would return to ruin my hopes but I stuck with him anyway, you would think with the Tigers continued insistence that they are injury free means the spot is his to lose now, I hope so anyway, CTR has been a pit of despair this year

Other than that, JMK, RFM, JFH & Kikau are gone this week, brought in Tolo, Tualu & Doeuhi... still need to figure out a 4th, will be a basement buy so I’ll have plenty in the bank to bring TTurbo & Cleary on board next week, just a matter of jumping on the right one
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Tue May 29, 2018 9:42 pm

Tossing up bringing in Jensen and MCK. Gone a bit iffy on Doughboy due to probably only getting proper gig if ARey goes down or Cook rests up. I’m looking for dat cash-money. Maybe TMM is better.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue May 29, 2018 9:43 pm

surmo13 wrote:MCK lives!! even before lock-out last week I was convinced that Rochow would return to ruin my hopes but I stuck with him anyway, you would think with the Tigers continued insistence that they are injury free means the spot is his to lose now, I hope so anyway, CTR has been a pit of despair this year

Other than that, JMK, RFM, JFH & Kikau are gone this week, brought in Tolo, Tualu & Doeuhi... still need to figure out a 4th, will be a basement buy so I’ll have plenty in the bank to bring TTurbo & Cleary on board next week, just a matter of jumping on the right one
    Matt Wright?
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Tue May 29, 2018 9:44 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Its one round is what I'm trying to get at mate, anything can happen although the liklihood of Kapow outscoring Wade is huge. I just don't trust Taupau to maintain his gaudy average moving forward especially when he is priced far and away above his actual average as he has burnt me in the past....BUT I want his score this week  Laugh 3 

If Wade goes above him this week I'll be close to the hanging tree.

I might do Wade in over Friend or maybe both  Laugh 3

I'm aware it's one round (which it isn't really as you don't bring a keeper in for one round) but if we are only looking at the one round why are we talking about Taupau's average.

One round Taupau outscores Graham. Done.

Season remaining, Taupau still outscores Graham. +1 Maybe they both cost you a trade out. +/-. Graham saves you money. -1.

Seems pretty clear cut to me, you're just lacking the Balls due to being burnt before! :pp: Fence Sitting
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Tue May 29, 2018 9:51 pm

So, now that I've insulted you, look at my team Welshy! Lol. I'll have this 12 for the week.

Friend
    Fifita Taupau
    Taumalolo MCK
    ARey DCE
    Duagn Fonua
    Ponga Thompson Gutherson

Cook Smith Arrow Teddy
    Martin Kikau Latrell GI Brimson

Only question is the MCK trade. It'll be JFH to either him, TMM, Marsters or Ramien. Can't decide. Thoughts?

Anyone else care to critique. Positive or negative, I don't mind.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue May 29, 2018 9:52 pm

Mearcats wrote:

I'm aware it's one round (which it isn't really as you don't bring a keeper in for one round) but if we are only looking at the one round why are we talking about Taupau's average.

One round Taupau outscores Graham. Done.

Season remaining, Taupau still outscores Graham. +1 Maybe they both cost you a trade out. +/-. Graham saves you money. -1.

Seems pretty clear cut to me, you're just lacking the Balls due to being burnt before! :pp: Fence Sitting
    We are talking about Kapows current average which I don't think he can maintain and paying overs on regardless. 

Probably poorly explained by me when Wade jumped into conversion....Graham would be a filler for R13 mate and an upgrade to a R17 keeper later not a like for like replacement instead of Kapow lol that would be stupid I know he gets no where near him over the season

I guess its Wade in NOW on the cheap then upgrade later then getting in a gun keeper instead of Kapow next round when his bye has played out.

SO Kapow in now for R13 or an equivalent keeper for R17 (SJ, McInnes)

Wade is a stepping stone/cover for later in season
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue May 29, 2018 9:53 pm

Mearcats wrote:
    You could hold JFH if you wanted to... He's not as dire a situation as RFM. RFM's BE is killer. I bought him low, am selling high and bringing in Lolo. Trading JFH as well leaves me short another rd17 player but he was going to go sooner or later, it just happened to work out well for me to make it happen this round.

I don't think you need a plethora of cover. You already have Martin (shaping up to be a possible keeper on the bench) as cover, he'll tide you over. That being said, I'm definitely a cover advocate. My team has more DPP's than single position players FFS. Lol.

I started with RFM so really don't want to lose any more profit. I'm 4K off Isaako and RFM to TMM and Taupau. Might get rid of JFH instead and the extra coin (127K) can turn Murray or Griffin into another semi keeper next week. so it's not all bad. Forgot Griffin has second row cover too.

Post by Guest Tue May 29, 2018 9:54 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Matt Wright?

huh, completely missed him being named at fullback, that'll do the job nicely, cheers Welshy!
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue May 29, 2018 9:58 pm

Mearcats wrote:So, now that I've insulted you, look at my team Welshy! Lol. I'll have this 12 for the week.

Friend
    Fifita Taupau
    Taumalolo MCK
    ARey DCE
    Duagn Fonua
    Ponga Thompson Gutherson

Cook Smith Arrow Teddy
    Martin Kikau Latrell GI Brimson

Only question is the MCK trade. It'll be JFH to either him, TMM, Marsters or Ramien. Can't decide. Thoughts?

Anyone else care to critique. Positive or negative, I don't mind.

I was just watching my 3 Tigers backs last week so didn't take any notice of MCK to comment on how he went. Rochow would surely come back though you would have to think, but who knows. Solild team for this round mate. Friend sparked my interest but not so sure.

I like Marsters as I have him, but apart from the first week I got him, the last 3 he was been exceptional and very involved. If you take him, just be wary like myself, you'll have 3 Tigers backs, but I don't think that is such a bad thing actually. Ramien has been solid but won't play the Knights every week, but will be a good POD. Gutho could be a good shout this week too with Norman not around. Might have a lot more involvement.

I'm actually warming to the thought of trading Cook. Crazy I know, much like the Smith debate this time last year, but I really don't see him playing round 14.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Tue May 29, 2018 9:59 pm

Curtis Scott would have been named in the centres for NSW I reckon if it wasn’t for the ban. Do you think he slots in Game Two? May be a better question to ask after Game One.
    Goodnight Kiwi
    Goodnight Kiwi

Post by Goodnight Kiwi Tue May 29, 2018 10:07 pm

Hiku --> Fonua
    JFH --> Surgess gives me 12 this week;

Koro
    Fifi, Surgess
    TLolo, Kapow, Murray
    DCE, Cogger
    Fonua
    Ponga, Thompson

Gos

(Arrow, Cook, TPJ, Smith, Martin, Su'a, Brimson)
    15 Trades remaining, $355K itb, sitting in 81st

Picking Surgess over Ma'u, Guerra, Fitz, Friend etc - feel he should lift and provides the highest ceiling should he regain form... He should be worried about another suspension and thus bring his penalty count down... Also doesn't have a try yet this season, will be wanting to get over the line with the twins both botching last week - good theories anyway Smile
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue May 29, 2018 10:07 pm

If the Rabbits beat the sharkies I reckon far more likely Cook gets at least a rest against the Titans after backing up
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Tue May 29, 2018 10:08 pm

Im not trading Cook out for round 13. If he does backup it seems like a waste of trade to me. If he doesnt backup then def consider trading him to mcinnes who is a rd 17 gun. Would rather trade Cook for a rd 17 player as i have most of the gun rd 13 fwds already.

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 12:25 pm