NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32

Post by White Lightning Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:26 am

SoylentGreen wrote:

presumably part of his drop in kick metres is that the Warriors are actually doing well this year (hence less need for long kicking out of their own half) - if their attack is stifled by the Dragons, I'd expect SJ to pick up on his KM (though this would obviously be offset by lower attacking stats)

I think the only way SJ will increase his kick metres is if Green gets injured. Against the Broncos was probably the first game they were under pressure & spent a lot of the game in their own half but SJ only managed 135km whereas Green managed 352km.
    bluetige
    bluetige

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32

Post by bluetige Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:27 am

@Finchy who wrote in the last thread
    **Probably unpopular opinion time**

I fully understand we all enjoy fantasy, we all want advice on our teams, forum is great etc etc.

However, I'm currently about 10 pages behind as I was out today so I'm catching up on them all. I'm seeing a lot of posters posting trade ideas, despite already being given advice and then them saying "Thanks for the advice, I'll make those trades". Then before you know it 2 pages go by and they are asking about new trade ideas, or even worse the same bloody trades. It's annoying.

Probably unpopular opinion, but just wanted to get that off my chest...

I understand your frustrations, your post got a few disagreements, but I'll go into bat for you. I am an avid reader of this forum and it is way too long, takes too much time of the day reading the same shit over and over again. I just skip over the pointless posts now, I know who you were referring too and I just don't read them any more for the reason you mentioned.

There is good info in this forum but it few and far between, I've just learnt to be selective on what posts to read or not. I don't try and create a fuss because some people like it.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:28 am

mickspicks wrote:Who is looking sweet for WFB moving forward? I can shift JMK to my halves this week and I’ll have just under 900k to spend. Is Latrell worth it, as in a keeper? Or are there better options this year? My back five besides Ponga needs fixing (CTR: Kennar Hiku Isaako; WFB: Ponga, Dufty, JMK).

My back 7 is looking good at the expense of everywhere
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:35 am

bluetige wrote:@Finchy who wrote in the last thread
    **Probably unpopular opinion time**

I fully understand we all enjoy fantasy, we all want advice on our teams, forum is great etc etc.

However, I'm currently about 10 pages behind as I was out today so I'm catching up on them all. I'm seeing a lot of posters posting trade ideas, despite already being given advice and then them saying "Thanks for the advice, I'll make those trades". Then before you know it 2 pages go by and they are asking about new trade ideas, or even worse the same bloody trades. It's annoying.

Probably unpopular opinion, but just wanted to get that off my chest...

I understand your frustrations, your post got a few disagreements, but I'll go into bat for you. I am an avid reader of this forum and it is way too long, takes too much time of the day reading the same shit over and over again. I just skip over the pointless posts now, I know who you were referring too and I just don't read them any more for the reason you mentioned.

There is good info in this forum but it few and far between, I've just learnt to be selective on what posts to read or not. I don't try and create a fuss because some people like it.

Got to take the bad with the good as you've alluded to. If it's a particular person that bugs you you can block them so it frees up the forum a bit for you.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:35 am

mickspicks wrote:

Yep agreed on that. Just splurging my thoughts. I’m not sure who I should target for WFB. Currently traded Latrell in but he’s so in and out of games at times.

Yeah Latrell is averaging good at ctr but that average is too low to put him at wfb imo. As you said he's not involved enough to score big unless he gets a try. I would pass on him if you are going to play him at wfb. You want someone at wfb who is heavily involved in the game.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:35 am

Finch wrote:All of a sudden everyone coming out saying they are looking at trading SJ into there teams this week. Where was this 2 days ago?

Get with the program @Finch. I've said it before I'll say it again. We have a very structured approach to trade discussions and the flow of conversation in general.

Mon-Tue - Discuss 6 players who we are all going to bring in because someone got injured last weekend and they will be a cash cow.
    Wed - Thu - Discuss a different 6 players because what the fuck do we know TLT was nothing like we expected
    Thu - Fri - How do I loophole that plodder
    Sat - No posting till six cans in. Fuck HIA, fuck injuries, why the fuck is my 80 minute player sitting on the pine, does Sanjay even know what a fuckin TB is, they've missed 1 tackle and 4 kick meters for my captain.
    Sun - Fuck Fantasy I'm 8/150 my back 5 have scored 30 between them, who am I bringing in next week
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:38 am

No Worries wrote:

Get with the program @Finch. I've said it before I'll say it again. We have a very structured approach to trade discussions and the flow of conversation in general.

Mon-Tue - Discuss 6 players who we are all going to bring in because someone got injured last weekend and they will be a cash cow.
    Wed - Thu - Discuss a different 6 players because what the fuck do we know TLT was nothing like we expected
    Sat - No posting till six cans in. Fuck HIA, fuck injuries, why the fuck is my 80 minute player sitting on the pine, does Sanjay even know what a fuckin TB is, they've missed 1 tackle and 4 kick meters for my captain.
    Sun - Fuck Fantasy I'm 8/150 my back 5 have scored 30 between them, who am I bringing in next week

lol! You have summed up my life perfectly.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:38 am

No Worries wrote:
    Finch wrote:All of a sudden everyone coming out saying they are looking at trading SJ into there teams this week. Where was this 2 days ago?

lol!
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:46 am

No Worries wrote:

You forgot the Friday posting after three games. "fuck I suck 130/4 dropped 1000 spots out of top 5000 for first time despite having ALL my decent players and captain to come"

In saying all this, this place is used as a sounding board for most. Throw a few ideas out see what thoughts others have. The repetition is more because people ask questions that have already been answered but cant find/haven't looked. Repeated posts are mostly from good peoples trying to help out and not getting precious about people flicking there thumbs to much on a phone screen.

Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:46 am

No Worries wrote:

Lol 

This post gets a post of the year nomination 

A+
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:47 am

No Worries wrote:

Beer
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:49 am

No Worries wrote:

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:50 am

traffic on the forum has really increased this season, we made it to Part 64 in 2017...
    we are already on part 32 and it's only round 7
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:53 am

Chewie wrote:traffic on the forum has really increased this season, we made it to Part 64 in 2017...

Must be all the repeats
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:54 am

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32 - Page 2 Inenx
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:54 am

Chewie wrote:traffic on the forum has really increased this season, we made it to Part 64 in 2017...

Does it normally die down come seasons end? First season as part of the family, loved it all. From the dummy spits from Rabbits to the extremely useful breakdowns from Cap'n Ranta and all the page 51 parties in between. Love
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:58 am

No Worries wrote:

It's like you can see into my dreams.
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:59 am

Next week the talk will be about Munster v Gutherson v Bird
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:05 pm

No Worries wrote:
    Sat - No posting till six cans in.

this is my favourite part.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:06 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Does it normally die down come seasons end? First season as part of the family, loved it all. From the dummy spits from Rabbits to the extremely useful breakdowns from Cap'n Ranta and all the page 51 parties in between. Love

When people start to run out of trades it generally slows down

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:22 pm