NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31

Mearcats
    Mearcats

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31 - Page 42 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31

Post by Mearcats Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:14 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

I'm interested in why you are in China Smile  I spent about 7 years in Asia myself, visited China once, had a bloody great time!!

In terms of fantasy... we were throwing this one round on another thread but if you had to lock in a final 17 today who would be in it?

A non fantasy related one... Refreshing. Lol.

Lived here fulltime for three years a couple of years back mate, have a few business ventures so that see's me back here at least every few months for a couple of weeks. It's a completely different lifestyle over here and one that takes a fair bit of getting used to but I miss it when I'm home. Don't think I could live in Aus 365 days a week every year anymore, just love my travel too much. As a side note, am heading to Bali in June to look at a few villas. Funnily, I don't own an investment property in Aus but soon will in both Vietnam and Bali. Hahaha.

Over here this time of the year every year as international trade fair is on. Absolutely massive. Though I personally hate being here at this time of the year, at least the weather is pleasant for a change and I need to be here to meet with customers that come over.

Final 17...

Smith Cook
    Fifita Burgess
    Lolo, Jurbo Manners (think he'll come home hard) Arrow (if he stays a keeper) Taupau
    SJ DCE
    Mitchell Aitken/Dugan (take your pick)
    Ponga Teddy Turbo Guth

As it currently stands I'd be happy running home with that.

What's yours mate? And what were you doing/where were you in Asia?
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31 - Page 42 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31

Post by Mearcats Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:16 pm

I'm getting to them all lads, just got distracted by a quick game of PUBG and now have a few to catch up on!

Post by Guest Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:17 pm

BBowler wrote:

I quite like the Tolo & Mitch Rein combo

Thanks mate! It’s what I have done and unless some dramatic news happens in the next 24hours is what I’ll stick with
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:24 pm

Cap'n Ranta wrote:

A lot of Gosies worth is in playing 13 but see how the risk with Gosie is massively reduced (good total points and cash). You are asking for an average of 42+ to beat the lower range of Gosiewski. With a high BE and more Peats injury news to come next week it feels like waiting has a lot of merit. Sure you'll miss 15 points at most but will avoid the downside of what could be a terrible decision

Rein's lowest season average for the past 4 years is 42. So it is far from unreasonable to expect that from him now. The main issue is how much time he will get to make that money.

Also, getting Gosiewski in for round 13 benefits is IMO not a great idea. There are 7 weeks between now and the first bye for anything to happen. If someone makes good money between now and then, then he's worth it whether or not he plays 13. And if he produces mediocre scores and money in the next 6 weeks, then giving you 30 points in round 13 won't make the trade worthwhile.

Also Rein and Gosiewski's have BEs pretty similar compared to expected scores. Certainly I wouldn't be basing a trade decision between the 2 based on a BE that will be largely irrelevant in 3 weeks time
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:26 pm

Still sitting on same trades currently

Lodge - Taumalolo
    Griffin - Gos

Holding 
    Fifita
    Murray
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:28 pm

Chucky wrote:
    I’ll take up your offer.
    This is my team, don’t think I’ve posted it up yet.

Cook
    Arrow Kikau
    RFM JFH Rochow
    DCE Croker
    Mitchell Hiku
    Tedesco Ponga Thompson
    Smith Lodge Lichaa Griffin
    Nicholls Doueihi Isaako Murray

29 trades and 175k itb
    I have my own ideas but interested to hear others.

Wowwee, banked some trades Chucky. Heh. Nice looking side mate. I'm sure Croker is on your agenda, getting to be closer towards an urgent offload now, even if just for points purposes. I'd say you'll have a plan and purpose there so I'll leave that alone.

I like the CTR's. I was recently on the get off Hiku soon train (as in, in the next few weeks) but the more I've looked into him, or more importantly, the options to replace him, the less urgent it feels. Averaging mid 30's in what this year is proving to be a terrible position to cover ain't all that bad. I'll cop some shit for saying this (have copped it since I bought him in but I'll stand by it) but maybe Dugan is a solid option. Priced at 36 (which is what he's currently averaging) but has gone over 50 in his last two games and now at FB. Could be well under priced if he keeps that up.

Lichaa, Griffin, Lodge and Doughy are issues. Probably in that order in my opinion (assuming you were double trading the next few weeks as I think Doughy needs to go next week or the week after at the latest) but shuffle them around how you like realistically. Out of curiosity, what is your team value? Just seems to me that you've been holding onto a few guys one or two weeks longer than most, I'm concerned that may affect your money making opportunities. The flip side is, holding as long as you have may mean you've managed to generate a bit more than others that got off a week or two earlier than necessary.

In all honesty, I like where you are sitting. A smart trade or two this week to give you a bit more bank wouldn't hurt and is probably feasible considering I doubt there would be many/if any that have the amount of trades up their sleeve that you're sitting on. Would be interested to flesh a few of your own ideas out as well mate.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:29 pm

Mearcats wrote:

A non fantasy related one... Refreshing. Lol.

Lived here fulltime for three years a couple of years back mate, have a few business ventures so that see's me back here at least every few months for a couple of weeks. It's a completely different lifestyle over here and one that takes a fair bit of getting used to but I miss it when I'm home. Don't think I could live in Aus 365 days a week every year anymore, just love my travel too much. As a side note, am heading to Bali in June to look at a few villas. Funnily, I don't own an investment property in Aus but soon will in both Vietnam and Bali. Hahaha.

Over here this time of the year every year as international trade fair is on. Absolutely massive. Though I personally hate being here at this time of the year, at least the weather is pleasant for a change and I need to be here to meet with customers that come over.

Final 17...

Smith Cook
    Fifita Burgess
    Lolo, Jurbo Manners (think he'll come home hard) Arrow (if he stays a keeper) Taupau
    SJ DCE
    Mitchell Aitken/Dugan (take your pick)
    Ponga Teddy Turbo Guth

As it currently stands I'd be happy running home with that.

What's yours mate? And what were you doing/where were you in Asia?

Good stuff mate, sounds like a good life!!

I was in Japan and South Korea and I was in my early 20s, you can perhaps imagine what I got up to. My time was no where near as productive as yours. I basically drank, party'd, snowboarded, bbq'd, and travelled my way through most of it. Went to most countries in Asia over the 7 years, a highlight was spending a day in North Korea. I ended up running a private english teaching business in S Korea but always intended to head home to study, so sold that and headed back to NZ. I miss those days and so its always good finding out what others are up to.  

My team - to be honest I put my time into the VSDT comp where positions and scoring is different so haven't really thought about my final team in this comp. I'll give it a crack now though:

Smith Cook Macca
    Fifita McGuire
    Lolo, Jurbo, Crichton, Arrow, Harris
    SJ Cleary
    Mitchell Aitken
    Ponga Edwards Turbo

Edit: I've PM'd you by the way so these other poor buggers don't have to read anymore of my life story Wink

Last edited by Rippin and Tearin on Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:33 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Assuming I am trading both Lichaa and Kennar out in the next 2 weeks, one for Rein this week and the other for a keeper centre next week is there any reason aside from depth I shouldn't trade Kennar first? Would allow me to choose between Su'a and Havili for last spot in the 17 aswell.

I would go Lichaa first. BE is higher than his average and high enough that he's only beaten it twice in 6 games. Kennar has a relatively lower BE (though still higher than what he scored last week) and if you buy into the favourable match up crap (obvs I don't) has a decent one this weekend against a crap Raiders edge.

Other than that, no reason I can see.
    sajjos
    sajjos

Post by sajjos Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:36 pm

White Lightning wrote:I'm thinking of doing this trade:
    Griffin out - D. Edwards

I would be placing Thompson in my emergencies & playing D. Edwards, Tedesco, Ponga as my wfb's.
    My question is would you do this trade (Thompson out of 17) or is it better bringing in a gun forward like Matterson for example instead of Edwards (Thompson in 17). Cheers.

I would take Edwards over Matterson. Edwards is a keeper while there lots of ifs & buts around Matterson even though he has been scoring very well.

Both of them should be in final 17 if you pick either of them. Matterson dpp does him a favour when if the tries dry up.
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:40 pm

@Mearcats hey buddy do you agree with my proposed trades?
    Lodge to Gosiewski
    Kennar to Rein
    This will be my team at full strength with a view to bringing in Surgess next week for TPJ/Rochow

Smith
    Fifita TPJ
    Murray Arrow RFM
    DCE Mbye
    Mitchell Isaako
    Tedesco Ponga Thompson

Cook
    JFH
    Kikau
    Rein

Rochow
    Gosiewski
    JMK
    Fine

I understand that Rein is a risk but I managed to free up some cash which I desperately needed(274k bank). Let me know what you think mate cheers(and anyone else who has a opinion for that matter)

Post by Guest Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:41 pm

Griffin out - D. Edwards

I would be placing Thompson in my emergencies & playing D. Edwards, Tedesco, Ponga as my wfb's.
    My question is would you do this trade (Thompson out of 17) or is it better bringing in a gun forward like Matterson for example instead of Edwards (Thompson in 17). Cheers.
    I like the Edwards pick. Have him on a short list if I decide to trade out tpj.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:41 pm

For those of us who persevered with Lichaa, the Trein seems like a no brainer. Should average similar and bank 200k with the trade straight out. Then hopefully at least another 100 to 150k for the same points. With Lichaa not being a keeper and needing to be upgraded anyway, it could be same points but a bank of 300k plus over a month.

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:44 pm

Edwards with only 2 TBs last week.
    Averaged 7 a week before that. Could have been a 70+ easy
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:44 pm

Kikau has to be close to being in a top 17 FR
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:53 pm

Welshy wrote:Kikau has to be close to being in a top 17 FR

He's really up and down though aye so hard to get a read on after only 6 games. I think you could be right, but to be honest I don't think he averages over 50. And if thats the case there are better options.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:54 pm

Random wrote:Mearcats this is for you.

Team post trades.

D. Cook
    J. Arrow, V. Kikau
    JFH, RFM, J. Su'a
    D. Cherry-Evans, M. Mbye
    P. Hiku, J. Isaako
    J. Tedesco, K. Ponga, C. Thompson

C. Smith, S. Havili'i, J. Gosiewski, N. Brown

M. Lodge, JMK, C. Murray, P. Godinet

Thompson will become S. Johnson at some point. Meaning Mbye is a keeper. At the moment I am fine with my CTRs Isaako to Latrell the plan. The rest upgrades to the forwards and bench

An absolute honor to have a squizz at the Godfather of NRLFF's team. A bloke that really helped me when I first came along, would be my pleasure to give a little back.

Agree regarding your CTR's, see my response above for my thoughts on Hiku at the moment. In short, I like him. Hard spot to fill and he is doing ok. I'm also more than ok with the thinking that Mbye is a keeper. He may not be in your starting 13 but the versatility and coverage you get outta him on the bench will be invaluable, and that's before he decides to have a 101 game! Imagine having him in the 14-17 along with the Teddy, Turbo, Ponga/RTS combo when he decides to have one of those games! WOWWEE!

Are you thinking Arrow as a keeper? I am. At worst he definitely makes my bench. So that would leave you 4 spots to fill between the FRF 2RF. This is of course assuming that RFM/JFH or Kikau don't kick on and themselves become keepers which isn't out of the realm of possibilities. What guns are you thinking in there? Sold on Lolo or would like another week as of yet? Plenty of room to move though and with the right guys to do it I think. Then of course you are also holding Murray and Brown! That's a monster second row if they're all fit mate, very very nice!

One of the better halves combos, I cannot wait to get Guth into my side (hopefully next week) with the same plan as you, to turn Thompson into SJ and move Guth to my backline. Mbye will have slightly fluctuating games but I think will be an easy set and forget alongside Cherry until you make the SJ move? Are you thinking of holding off until after 13 now or are the points going to force your hand? Guess it also depends on Thompson himself.

Ctr's and WFB we already spoke about or don't need to be spoken about.

Bench gets interesting. Any reason you're still holding Godinet? Really close to being topped out following the last start 7. Kinda put the brakes on him. Obviously being post trades you've decided to hold him again this week so obviously had more pertinent trades. Even if he does score another 7 (surely not) he only loses 22k. Kinda the same thinking as I have with Doughy owners at the moment. JMK, Lodge and Havianas... JMK still makes money for the next month I'd say. Been a middle to slow burner but I'm happily surprised with him. Lodge will be fine for another week at least and Haviana could be great given the minutes. Certainly a hold for now tho.

I think this may be the first team I've looked at without one single player where I'm like "of fuck, TRADE NOW". Pretty impressive. Hopefully Su'a fire for you. I'm still fence sitting on him, have bought him in and back out four times now today... Just can't commit!

B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:59 pm

too many long posts on here without a TLDR summary.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:00 pm

Brendos1er wrote:18:33:17

Cheers Mearcats! I constantly doubt my decisions doing this haha

It's a lot easier for me. My lowly rank means that I can look at you guys up there on your lofty perches without any prejudice and tel you what I think! Lol
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:02 pm

With Aubbs in the centres is it also possible that Matterson gets 80 minutes?
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:06 pm

Griffin out - D. Edwards

Is Matterson the highest you can afford?

I feel it's a good move to be tradind Griffin, have advocated this all day. But Thompson sitting in your EMG is a hell of a waste. I'm assuming you have a pretty stacked bench if this is the case WL? I'm also not sure that Edwards needs to happen this week unless purely for points. I don't think he gets out of your price range. Honestly, I love Edwards, don't get me wrong, but I'm just not sure I see him as final 17 material. That feeling may be influencing my thoughts regarding this matter.

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 1:48 pm