NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Betting Thread

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

The Betting Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Betting Thread

Post by Revraiser Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:22 pm

Cheers mate. Yeah but he is 5th lowest score. Dont see how they r seperated.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:10 pm

Krump wrote:
    Sounds shonky as fuck if they do. I just checked sportsbet and their rule is below, which bookie did you use and I'll have a look.

115. Finishing positions
    Finishing position is decided by result posted by the governing body of that tournament (i.e. PGA Tour, European Tour.) Example of finishing position: if a player finishes in a tie for a position e.g. tied 10th he is deemed to have finished 10th.
    If a player is disqualified, retires injured or withdraws they will be deemed to have finished last.
    Should 36 holes not be completed then all bets on this market will be void.
    Players must complete 3 holes or more for bets to stand.

EDIT: I see what you've done now, Tiger wasn't 5th he was 7th. Since there were multiple people tied for second and fourth there wasn't anyone who actually finished fifth.

All good Krump. Is what it is hey. Thanks for checking it out.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:15 pm

Revraiser wrote:Cheers mate. Yeah but he is 5th lowest score. Dont see how they r seperated.
    If the market is for lowest score you should get hold of them and say something. Unlikely they'll pay you out but they might throw a free bet your way, certainly no harm in asking.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:18 pm

Krump wrote:
    If the market is for lowest score you should get hold of them and say something. Unlikely they'll pay you out but they might throw a free bet your way, certainly no harm in asking.

Yeah it specifically says top 5 lowest score. I dont get how a betting agency gives that to the 5 in acending order on a scoresheet which is just for display purposes basically. I didnt unload on it, but ill still ask the question.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:51 pm

I see what they mean.

You're betting on Tiger to be in the Top 5 with the lowest score and he's not.
    Ozymandias
    Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:11 pm

Manly by 51+ / $3.00 @ $151.00

I had a spare $10 and split it between 31-40; 41-50 and 51+

Wish I'd had the courage of my convictions and put $5 each on the top two like I first thought - but I shouldn't complain Smile
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:44 pm

Well done.
    How often will this happen?
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:47 pm

Revraiser wrote:

Yeah it specifically says top 5 lowest score. I dont get how a betting agency gives that to the 5 in acending order on a scoresheet which is just for display purposes basically. I didn't unload on it, but ill still ask the question.

Interesting. I'd query that. If that's how they have worded it then I'd be surprised because the bet is "to make top 5" or at least that's the only way I've ever seen it worded.

I've queried these types of things before, depends how much time you wanna put into it, but you should be able to get your money back if they have worded it like that at the least....Just say you made the bet believing the bet was, as they said, relating to the actual score, not the position of finish.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:44 pm

Well R&T this is the reslonse below. As brief as they could possibly be.

'Our records indicate that you placed a bet on the Arnold palmer round 1 top 5. Tiger Woods was not in the top 5 after round one, therefore your bet was a losing bet.'

Lol, they just repeated the reason i emailed them, my email was clear and concise in asking how it is a losing bet. In some back n forth now so see how i go.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:54 pm

Seems impossible to review the scorecard as at end Round 1. Is this a Rev Specific problem ?
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:15 pm

This has the 1st round scores.
    https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/arnold-palmer-invitational-presented-by-mastercard/past-results.html

Looks like there are 5 players that scored better than that Tiger.
    From top to bottom 1st round
    DeChambeau 67, Stenson 64, Fowler 67, Talor Gooch 65 and Aaron Wise 65.
    Tiger 68 comes in 6th.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:27 am

code delta wrote:

This has the 1st round scores.
    https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/arnold-palmer-invitational-presented-by-mastercard/past-results.html

Looks like there are 5 players that scored better than that Tiger.
    From top to bottom 1st round
    DeChambeau 67, Stenson 64, Fowler 67, Talor Gooch 65 and Aaron Wise 65.
    Tiger 68 comes in 6th.

Must be right, just deceptive bet title imo. Cheers
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:39 am

Revraiser wrote:Well R&T this is the reslonse below. As brief as they could possibly be.

'Our records indicate that you placed a bet on the Arnold palmer round 1 top 5. Tiger Woods was not in the top 5 after round one, therefore your bet was a losing bet.'

Lol, they just repeated the reason i emailed them, my email was clear and concise in asking how it is a losing bet. In some back n forth now so see how i go.

I'd follow it up again mate. If you actually placed your bet on the "5th lowest score" then their statement, and therefore their rationale for resulting your bet as a loss, is technically incorrect...

Like I said, I've been in this situation before, just can't remember the details. I just remember that I kinda new what I was "actually" placing my bet on, but in terms of their wording, the bet was different to what I knew they intended. I ended up getting my money back on the bet.

It's a little bit similar to the NRL wooden spoon bet, which they ended up changing to "most losses" because of teams getting docked points for cheating.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:41 am

Revraiser wrote:

Must be right, just deceptive bet title imo. Cheers

If they are the correct scores then there is an argument to say, 64 was the lowest score, 65 then 2nd lowest, then 67 (3rd), 68 (4th)....

If you wanted to really follow it up I would argue that the bet description was ambiguous and you thought to win Tiger needed to post a score that was 5th lowest or better, compared to the other scores posted. Then state that by that logic he actually posted the 4th lowest score (in absolute terms). Then the key to all of this is using the term "good will" in your argument. Ask for a good will gesture of money back given the lack of clarity in their bet description.

They will never credit your bet as a win, but if you push it I would think you will get your money back.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:30 am

Thanks R&T. Didnt come back to this thread for a few days so didnt see ur comments. Didnt get anywhere, kept emphasizing that the bet title had 'top 5 score' and they just kept saying 'yeah but'.... as it stands a very boring useless bet type if u cant watch ur guy through the round without knowing if he will fall into the random sifted results page. Anyway...
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:00 am

Revraiser wrote:Thanks R&T. Didnt come back to this thread for a few days so didnt see ur comments. Didnt get anywhere, kept emphasizing that the bet title had 'top 5 score' and they just kept saying 'yeah but'.... as it stands a very boring useless bet type if u cant watch ur guy through the round without knowing if he will fall into the random sifted results page. Anyway...

Thats pretty average mate. Im a stubborn prick so I'd send them one more email telling them I was gonna close my account as a result and that I'd be advising my online betting forum about how useless they'd bee unless they paid the good will payment. There's a shit ton of online bookies out there now aye so easy to switch.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:34 pm

This may be done tonight cheer
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:15 am

Pieman wrote:

With the way both teams have attacked this year this could end up at a nil all draw. If the tigers defend the way they have in so far this year, there is no fucking way Parra will score a try

No Worries wrote:

Based n the odds bookies have points scored between 20-50, which seems like massive overs.

Krump wrote:
    The Over/Under is 38 points! Seems like easy money

@Krump @Pieman
    Moved this over.

I like where Pieman is going. Tiger's defense has been rock solid against good attacks, Parramatta not scoring isn't that big a stretch. Tigers haven't looked like scoring in 3 rounds. Being that Friday and Monday are public holidays and I wont be buying my morning cap at the coffee shop, I'm re-investing that $5 into no meat pies at $201.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:47 am

Good to see a mod doing something useful around here Banned
    No tries is 500/1 on sportsbet so I've had a crack as well. I'll be going a lot harder at the under total points though.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:50 pm

1st ry under 7 minutes will no doubt salute now guy's Shocked

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:52 am