NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

Post by Guest Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:03 am

Last edited by surmo13 on Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:16 am

Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:17 am

yes I have no idea how to post a gif lol
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:12 pm

Pieman wrote:yes I have no idea how to post a gif lol

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread - Page 39 49f7469e2062e9febf8693e04b318e9d
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:06 pm

Pieman wrote:yes I have no idea how to post a gif lol

Don't have the heart to tell you it's a video not a gif and that's why it didn't work.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:53 am

No Worries wrote:

Don't have the heart to tell you it's a video not a gif and that's why it didn't work.

Ur a sweetie
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:58 am

who was the ref last night? was it the one they always win under at home?

Couple of absolute corkers in that game.

In particular, the Prior tackle where boyd just knocked it on and they called it a strip then a knock on against prior. Absolute shocker. They had the right call and then changed it to the wrong one!

The moylan and issako contest .. crazy... Moylan is doing nothing but going for the ball and they penalise him for it? Might as well not be allowed to contest the ball in the air any more.

It was an entertaining game and the defence from both sides was pretty awesome, but fark me reffing this season is a disaster.

Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:33 am

Pieman wrote:who was the ref last night? was it the one they always win under at home?

Couple of absolute corkers in that game.

In particular, the Prior tackle where boyd just knocked it on and they called it a strip then a knock on against prior. Absolute shocker. They had the right call and then changed it to the wrong one!

The moylan and issako contest .. crazy... Moylan is doing nothing but going for the ball and they penalise him for it? Might as well not be allowed to contest the ball in the air any more.

It was an entertaining game and the defence from both sides was pretty awesome, but fark me reffing this season is a disaster.

You just going to point out the 50/50's that went against the Sharks?......unsurprising.
    We had some deadset Barry Crocker's go against us but thankfully the best team on the night won.

I personally hate the mid air contest calls, so will agree with you there but to be honest it comes across highly hypocritical because the same philosophy gets applied to other areas in the game e.g. shoulder charges and head high incidents.

Essentially even if it is accidental, they are ruling against you for doing something that put someone else in a dangerous situation - which is fucking stupid.
    I mean, why stop there, shouldn't we go back to the club then for allowing them to step onto the field in the first place which effectively put them in that dangerous situation??
    Or maybe even further to their parents for letting them play footy as a kid, which essentially then paved the way for being on the field that night??

The illogical decision making does my head in and normally simpleton fans like Pieman lap it up and think it somehow protects players, when it clearly doesn't.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:45 am

there were some pretty poor calls but ultimately cronulla had a heap of ball at the end and brisbane held them out and chad missed an easy conversion that cost them too, flanno coming out and shifting any blame to the refs is pretty poor. his team had opportunities to win the game and didn't. end of discussion, refs arn't gonna be perfect but his team was far from it too.

i don't know how i feel about situations like the moylan contest, he has eyes for the ball the whole time, Isaako's being an out and out athlete causes the majority of the damage to himself really. i don't think its the same as a shoulder charge or high tackle on a falling player, moylan is doing nothing but playing at the football, he never looks at the man, it is as genuine an accident as there can be and i think i would rather see play on but i'm not gonna bag a ref for making an on the field call of penalty after seeing a guy hit the ground like isaako did
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:01 am

Gee Flanagan is a whinging cock face, I just can't stand the guy. Seriously, that decision to overturn the onfield Try call was spot on. Clearly the ball didn't touch the ground and Flanagan is saying they had to. Look at it 20 times so how did they have sufficient evidence to overturn. Maybe just maybe, when the bunker ref looked at it the first time he said to himself, "oh, clearly placed on the players boot" and he looked at it so many times to try and find a reason to give it, but simply couldn't cause all vision indicated it was no try. And after the calls his team got last week.....deadset flog in the Ricky Stuart mold that guy.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:03 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

You just going to point out the 50/50's that went against the Sharks?......unsurprising.
    We had some deadset Barry Crocker's go against us but thankfully the best team on the night won.

I personally hate the mid air contest calls, so will agree with you there but to be honest it comes across highly hypocritical because the same philosophy gets applied to other areas in the game e.g. shoulder charges and head high incidents.

Essentially even if it is accidental, they are ruling against you for doing something that put someone else in a dangerous situation - which is fucking stupid.
    I mean, why stop there, shouldn't we go back to the club then for allowing them to step onto the field in the first place which effectively put them in that dangerous situation??
    Or maybe even further to their parents for letting them play footy as a kid, which essentially then paved the way for being on the field that night??

The illogical decision making does my head in and normally simpleton fans like Pieman lap it up and think it somehow protects players, when it clearly doesn't.

those two were not 50 50s, they were wrong or bad calls at crucial times and the two that stood out to me.

Its not hypocritical because head highs have always been illegal, shoulder charges are illegal. Contesting a high ball is not illegal. Thats why its a wrong call. The might as well ban mid air contests if they are going to penalise someone for going for the ball like moylan was. Both the attacker and defender have every right to play at the ball, why did the defender get preference over the attacker? because he fell badly? What if moylan fell badly and isaako didnt? What if they both fall badly? essentially they are both doing exactly the same thing, going for the ball. Its crazy they penalised moylan for that one. If there is an ugly collision, stop play at the next chance and look at it, dont just penalise someone because something looked ugly.

The overturning of the try was spot on, how can anyone say that ball was down, it clearly lands on the foot. Flanno comes across as a fool there.

I only pointed out 2 ozzy, I didnt say that the broncos were helped by the refs to win, I didnt say that the broncos didnt get any bad calls against them either.
    I thought the reffing was just particularly bad last night.

simpleton fans? what do I support that you disagree with? I was always along the lines of - can prob keep the shoulder charge but if it his a head, you are sitting out for a few weeks. Should bring back the elbows and coathangers hey oz, ya muppet
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:43 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Ive long been campaigning for Paul Gallen's parents to be penalised in some way for raising such an irredeemable grub of a human.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:07 pm

leaguegod wrote:there were some pretty poor calls but ultimately cronulla had a heap of ball at the end and brisbane held them out and chad missed an easy conversion that cost them too, flanno coming out and shifting any blame to the refs is pretty poor. his team had opportunities to win the game and didn't. end of discussion, refs arn't gonna be perfect but his team was far from it too.

i don't know how i feel about situations like the moylan contest, he has eyes for the ball the whole time, Isaako's being an out and out athlete causes the majority of the damage to himself really. i don't think its the same as a shoulder charge or high tackle on a falling player, moylan is doing nothing but playing at the football, he never looks at the man, it is as genuine an accident as there can be and i think i would rather see play on but i'm not gonna bag a ref for making an on the field call of penalty after seeing a guy hit the ground like isaako did

I'll explain my earlier post and I suspect non-moronic fans amongst us like LG will get what I'm saying but if anyone can help Pieman, it would be most appreciated.

Basically, what I'm referring to are the incidents where perfectly legal tackles have been attempted (including shoulder charges back when common sense was fractionally more prevalent)....but due to unavoidable circumstances e.g. the tackled player dips his head or another player contributes to them being off balance etc. etc. incidental contact with the head is unfortunately made.

Now despite it clearly being incidental and far from intentional, all and sundry (including some serial offender's....) have been up in arms that the guilty players somehow should have done more to avoid it.
    Suspensions have also been hefty.

The same philosophy went against Moylan last night and I bet my left testie that if Isaako was seriously injured, the book would have been thrown at Moylan.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:09 pm

ryno_ wrote:

Ive long been campaigning for Paul Gallen's parents to be penalised in some way for raising such an irredeemable grub of a human.

I've always just assumed that as the spawn of satan, he doesn't actually have mortal parents
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:30 pm

if he had of got injured, i am fairly certain moylan would have avoided a charge tbh OSM

on the whole thing, i was actually surprised at how well fifita spoke to the ref, gallen has been a captain for ever and would have come off as a whinging brat in that situation for sure

Fifita let the ref explain it, was very calm and to the point in his argument but took it all on the chin without coming off as a cock head. probably one of the best examples of a captain talking to a ref in a long time and it came from andrew fucking fifita
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:19 pm

For the actual Bronco supporters on here.

I think Isakko is doing a brilliant job at the back but close to the line he has nothing on Boyd and it is making us very one dimensional.

I would love to see Isakko at full back in defence and up until the attacking 20m. I would then love to see them switch.

Boyd isnt going to dive to score in the corner like Isakko could and Issako isnt going to put oates in the corner like Boyd can.

Post by Guest Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:25 pm

Moylan's effort is no different to getting pinged for accidentally smacking a falling player across the head, it's unfortunate, but regardless of whether he was looking at the ball or not, he never actually challenged Isaako for possession, just ran through and took his legs out from under him and put him in a dangerous position, it's a penalty everyday.

as for the Prior call, it was wrong, but we should've got the penalty about 5 seconds earlier for him making a second, third and fourth attempt on Oates when he was trying to get up to play the ball.

it's funny that nobody remembers the god-awful forward pass that occurred two plays before the Sharks' first, or the phantom TPJ knock-on, hell even throw in Gallen staying on the field after the professional foul to deny Macca a try-scoring opportunity, but that wouldn't fit the agenda now would it?
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:26 pm

B/L wrote:For the actual Bronco supporters on here.

I think Isakko is doing a brilliant job at the back but close to the line he has nothing on Boyd and it is making us very one dimensional.

I would love to see Isakko at full back in defence and up until the attacking 20m. I would then love to see them switch.

Boyd isnt going to dive to score in the corner like Isakko could and Issako isnt going to put oates in the corner like Boyd can.

Walters (I think) was saying this week Boyd should go back to FB for the finals. Might be a good idea honestly. Isaako has only played 3 games at FB for us so it might be something Bennett reverts back to for the finals.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:31 pm

surmo13 wrote:Moylan's effort is no different to getting pinged for accidentally smacking a falling player across the head, it's unfortunate, but regardless of whether he was looking at the ball or not, he never actually challenged Isaako for possession, just ran through and took his legs out from under him and put him in a dangerous position, it's a penalty everyday.

No its not. Because he didnt contact him in the head.
    It was a collision in the air during a mid air contest.
    He was clearly challenging for the ball. The fact he came in at speed has nothing to do with anything. He was penalised because it looked ugly, plain and simple. It should have been play on. There was nothing illegal about it what so ever.
    Like I said, if they run into each other and both stay down, is there a penalty?
    If Moylan is the one that ends up on his back, is it a penalty the other way? I mean, Issako jumped too, thats the risk you take when you jump. If there was an illegal play, or tackle or what ever, yep, penalty. But there wasnt. It was a contest and the bloke that went harder got penalised, for just going at it harder.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:33 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

I'll explain my earlier post and I suspect non-moronic fans amongst us like LG will get what I'm saying but if anyone can help Pieman, it would be most appreciated.

Basically, what I'm referring to are the incidents where perfectly legal tackles have been attempted (including shoulder charges back when common sense was fractionally more prevalent)....but due to unavoidable circumstances e.g. the tackled player dips his head or another player contributes to them being off balance etc. etc. incidental contact with the head is unfortunately made.

Now despite it clearly being incidental and far from intentional, all and sundry (including some serial offender's....) have been up in arms that the guilty players somehow should have done more to avoid it.
    Suspensions have also been hefty.

The same philosophy went against Moylan last night and I bet my left testie that if Isaako was seriously injured, the book would have been thrown at Moylan.

Were you for or against the Napa tackle?
    not a fucking chance, there was nothing illegal about it what so ever. Nothing at all.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:09 pm