NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread - Page 37 Empty Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

Post by Guest Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:55 am

Krump wrote:
    This is such a totally ridiculous argument. Do you really think that the other 15 teams watch more Broncos games than other teams just so that they can get your young talent?
    2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread - Page 37 ManWearingTinFoilHat

does it hurt being that naive? I'm not saying it's some big conspiracy specifically to keep us down, if another club was in our position, it would be happening to them instead, like i said, its a matter of reputation and visibility, the Broncos are constantly under the microscope on national television and every poor performance is amplified, as is every good performance, string a few of the latter together and then a bit of hype gets going and you're in hot demand, a player doing well at the Broncos is consistently worth more on the open market than a player doing just as well at the clubs that don't have the aura ours does.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:18 am

surmo13 wrote:

does it hurt being that naive? I'm not saying it's some big conspiracy specifically to keep us down, if another club was in our position, it would be happening to them instead, like i said, its a matter of reputation and visibility, the Broncos are constantly under the microscope on national television and every poor performance is amplified, as is every good performance, string a few of the latter together and then a bit of hype gets going and you're in hot demand, a player doing well at the Broncos is consistently worth more on the open market than a player doing just as well at the clubs that don't have the aura ours does.
    You're right, scouts for other teams don't watch Fox only games...
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:27 am

surmo13 wrote:

way to miss my point you mental midget, please direct me to where i said clubs shouldn't be able to buy our players? i'm aware i can't have it both ways, better than a lot of people, apparently there's some sort of difference between the Broncos 'poaching' Milford and the Knights 'recruiting' Ponga...

My point was that due to our clubs reputation and visibility, it's a constant fight to retain any young kid that shows himself to be anything over 'first-grade standard' because clubs are looking at us like a friday night shopping catalogue... to keep using the Knights for examples, after Fitzgibbon put himself on the map last year in a contract year, there weren't national news articles going 'club x is chasing hard with a 600k contract ready and waiting for him'...

You'd think re-signing the kids would put an end to it, except it fucking doesn't, Haas didn't come off contract until the end of next season, and yet the papers were consistently catching wind of multiple clubs preparing 700k per year deals to ambush us at 12:01am on November 1st.. no other clubs young talent are over-valued by other clubs anywhere near the extent that ours are.

your whole amazingly whingy whinge is based on "speaking on having young talent taken from us". That is you saying that you are upset that clubs are taking your players. Yet you fail to mention that your very own club does the same thing to other clubs.

Young bronco players dont get looked at any more than any other young player. Haas got looked at more because he is supposed to be an exceptional talent, just like Ponga was. The exceptional talents are the ones that get coverage, it has literally nothing to do with who they play for. In Hass's and ponga's case, do you really think that other clubs saw them play the 2 games of first grade on FTA and then thought "fark me better sign this cnt". Jesus. Absolutely ridiculous. Youve just shown what a fucking biased, bornco absorbed fanboy you actually are.

Speaking of over valuing players, broncos signed jack fucking bird for close to a million bucks a season. Never forget that.
    Fitzgibbon got a huge run in the media around the newcastle area when he was off contract.
    Brisbane sport media only ever cover the boncos and maroons in regards to league (and there might be sentence or 2 about the titans or cows). Its all they ever talk about there, thats why its in the media all the time. In NSW the payne haas stuff was mentioned for a day or two then moved on.

Who ever said that newie getting ponga and brisbane getting milford were any different? fighting another imaginary battle there mate

... I miss the point, lol, what you just said that was never made or even intimated in what I quoted, not to mention a point that is totally fucking insanely wrong.. too funny.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:24 pm

Pieman wrote:

your whole amazingly whingy whinge is based on "speaking on having young talent taken from us". That is you saying that you are upset that clubs are taking your players. Yet you fail to mention that your very own club does the same thing to other clubs.

Young bronco players dont get looked at any more than any other young player. Haas got looked at more because he is supposed to be an exceptional talent, just like Ponga was. The exceptional talents are the ones that get coverage, it has literally nothing to do with who they play for. In Hass's and ponga's case, do you really think that other clubs saw them play the 2 games of first grade on FTA and then thought "fark me better sign this cnt". Jesus. Absolutely ridiculous. Youve just shown what a fucking biased, bornco absorbed fanboy you actually are.

Speaking of over valuing players, broncos signed jack fucking bird for close to a million bucks a season. Never forget that.
    Fitzgibbon got a huge run in the media around the newcastle area when he was off contract.
    Brisbane sport media only ever cover the boncos and maroons in regards to league (and there might be sentence or 2 about the titans or cows). Its all they ever talk about there, thats why its in the media all the time. In NSW the payne haas stuff was mentioned for a day or two then moved on.

Who ever said that newie getting ponga and brisbane getting milford were any different? fighting another imaginary battle there mate

... I miss the point, lol,  what you just said that was never made or even intimated in what I quoted, not to mention a point that is totally fucking insanely wrong.. too funny.

Surmon is 100% right that our young blokes are targeted more than other teams.

Whether that is for the reasons he has put forth, I'm not entirely sure....but the fact still remains and unfortunately, the discussion gets a bit sidetracked due to your well documented moronicism.

Personally I think the other clubs poach (or attempt to poach) the Broncos young blokes because they know full well we are the benchmark off the field and the risk of getting a dud is significantly reduced.

Post by Guest Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:26 pm

Last edited by surmo13 on Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:45 pm

you havent ever put anything in a box. You had (and still are) having a sook about young guys being targetted? I hadnt been on here much lately, saw a fucking ridiculous "WE ARE THE VICTIM" line from you, I accurately pointed out how silly it is - as EVERY clubs young guys get targetted and every club does it to other clubs. SEQ gets targetted a lot because its a rugby league heartland, just like western sydney, the hunter region, and NZ/Tonga/Samoa.

then you went on an absolutely made up and misguided tangent about young bronco players being targetted more than others because of FTA coverage?? lol. Fucking solid LOL. you even backed it up in the next post... do you seriously think that clubs watch a game and then go - "oooo he looks good we might get him".

Thinking you got one over me (you clearly never have and you clearly never will) with this???? You are a comedic genius, Seinfeld might be parked out the front of your house right now mate looking to go for a coffee.

Post by Guest Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:19 pm

Last edited by surmo13 on Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:52 pm

I hope those other fucking clubs aren't watching tonight!
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:52 pm

First half outstanding, second half not so great. Kind of sums up our season - inconsistent.

The positional changes did work well though. Isaako I was pretty happy with at FB, didn't put a foot wrong. Lodge off the bench was another great move by Bennett, he was really effective.

The second half defence was really crap. They broke the line with ease way too many tries and scored 3 soft tries. Really need to fix that part of our game up because our points differential still needs improvement.

Hopefully we can turn up next week against the Sharks and not put in another Warriors performance.

Post by Guest Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:59 am

Can we all discuss how Panthers have lost thier aura, their coach has no idea what to do with his playing group and making wrong signings?

Or are we just going to keep quiet on the whole thing and only bring up these things when the broncos lose?
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:04 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:Can we all discuss how Panthers have lost thier aura, their coach has no idea what to do with his playing group and making wrong signings?

Or are we just going to keep quiet on the whole thing and only bring up these things when the broncos lose?
    Find me some panthers fans to discuss it with and I will.
    I don’t think their signings have been bad minus letting Peachy go but Griffin is the 2nd worst coach in the comp. Its a testament to the playing group that they’ve done as well as they have.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:41 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Surmon is 100% right that our young blokes are targeted more than other teams.

Whether that is for the reasons he has put forth, I'm not entirely sure....but the fact still remains and unfortunately, the discussion gets a bit sidetracked due to your well documented moronicism.

Personally I think the other clubs poach (or attempt to poach) the Broncos young blokes because they know full well we are the benchmark off the field and the risk of getting a dud is significantly reduced.

If it's true that ngblokes get targeted more than other clubs. There would be more Broncos juniors running around for other clubs than any other club. is that the case, I dont know?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:02 am

surmo13 wrote:2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread - Page 37 InsistentClearcutGrizzlybear-size_restricted
    lolz
    Stick to only defending rules when they involve a bronco player and an advantage to the bronco's buddy, I mean, youre not even good at that but at least stay in your lane
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:08 am

Ice wrote:

If it's  true that ngblokes get targeted more than other clubs. There would be more Broncos juniors running around for other clubs than any other club. is that the case, I dont know?

It wouldnt shock me if there were more jrs from SEQ running around other clubs. Its a massive rugby league heartland. This dunce thinks that scouts only watch FTA games on thursday or friday nights and then try to steal their young guys.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:09 pm

Pieman wrote:

It wouldnt shock me if there were more jrs from SEQ running around other clubs. Its a massive rugby league heartland. This dunce thinks that scouts only watch FTA games on thursday or friday nights and then try to steal their young guys.

Yeah, I assumed they probably do, given it's a one team town with a sizeable catchment. Not sure why it would be surprising to people that those youngsters are targeted or on the radar well before they appear in 1st grade.

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:22 pm

Last edited by surmo13 on Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:37 pm

Ice wrote:

Yeah, I assumed they probably do, given it's a one team town with a sizeable catchment. Not sure why it would be surprising to people that those youngsters are targeted or on the radar well before they appear in 1st grade.

If you are going to count all the Sydney teams together then you have to accept the GC and Bris as being from the same region lads.

Regardless (and especially given I can't be fucked going through population figures etc.) I personally think it has little to do with the catchment size.

You know full well...although probably won't admit it.....but Broncos juniors are targeted because the other clubs realise our development system and general club culture is superior.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:42 am

surmo13 wrote:

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread - Page 37 AvAFh9X

heaven help other nrl clubs if the scouts ever discover foxtel hey Surmbro
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:06 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:Can we all discuss how Panthers have lost thier aura, their coach has no idea what to do with his playing group and making wrong signings?

is there a panthers thread? and panthers fans on here?
    I agree that the wheels are coming off a bit - but fark me dead they have had some injuries. Hooker and captain, fullback, centres have changed all year, front rowers in and out. I have no doubt they will settle when they get RCG back but yeah, I agree, Hook is a shithouse coach. Losing peachy is fucking odd... the guy is a gun and an origin player. Pick him in a position and let the kid play, stop fucking benching him and moving him around and maybe he wouldnt have left.

The SEQ catchment for rugby league, with nearly no competitors is vast. There are quality juniors there and there is no disputing that the broncos have a great set up for developing juniors. Are they better at it than other clubs? Arguable. Retaining them is another issue, an issue every club has - but there are only a couple of clubs in the league that actually put money and time into developing juniors on mass. Brisbane, Penrith, Newcastle, I assume the Raiders and possibly the warriors.
    MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:43 am

Gus is coaching Penrirth, the coach at present is a puppet and Gould is pulling the strings, why do you think Gould sacked Cleary, because Cleary wouldn't take his crap

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:17 pm