NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

Fortitude
    Fortitude

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread - Page 43 Empty Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

Post by Fortitude Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:55 pm

Pieman wrote:

generally, head clashes are considered "just an accident", because they are unfortunate but sometimes just unavoidable.
    I mean, you would be hard pressed to get anyone who has ever played the game or been around the game in real life to agree "that was his fault, it was reckless and careless and he should be penalised" when all player x has done is go in to make a good fair tackle, and his head hits the other blokes head.  I mean, you can be bent over at the hip trying to make a tackle and all it takes is a sidestep from a player and boom - accidental headclash. Sometimes, just no one is at fault.

Elbowing someone in the head is always a penalty, intentional or not.

I reckon so anyway mate!

You can’t have your pie and eat it. See what I did there? You can’t say some accidents are more accidental than others
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:15 pm

Fortitude wrote:

Yeah after rereading my post it was pretty dumb. Didn't Napa get penalised the other day for that? or was is Sims?  

I don't think it is dumb at all (particularly given your interpretation of the rule was and still is, unsurprisingly, way closer than Pieman's at least).

I also think your analogy highlights a glaring inconsistency with the rule, which inevitably creates confusion when the likes of Moylan and Rapana are penalised for clear accidents.

Why are these blokes penalised, whereas if another bloke who is carting the ball up accidentally elbows a defender in the head, it is play on?

If the answer is they cop a penalty because they accidentally hindered the attacking team, then I guess I am comfortable with that but it needs to be clarified so that simpletons like Pieman understand it is a worthy penalty but accidental so therefore not chargeable/suspend-able.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:39 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

I don't think it is dumb at all (particularly given your interpretation of the rule was and still is, unsurprisingly, way closer than Pieman's at least).

I also think your analogy highlights a glaring inconsistency with the rule, which inevitably creates confusion when the likes of Moylan and Rapana are penalised for clear accidents.

Why are these blokes penalised, whereas if another bloke who is carting the ball up accidentally elbows a defender in the head, it is play on?

If the answer is they cop a penalty because they accidentally hindered the attacking team, then I guess I am comfortable with that but it needs to be clarified so that simpletons like Pieman understand it is a worthy penalty but accidental so therefore not chargeable/suspend-able.

Cool so you agree that Moylan shouldnt have been penalised.
    Done and done.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:42 pm

Pieman wrote:

Done and done.

For the record. I agree that Moylan shouldn’t have been penalised. In the same way that Folau shouldn’t have been penalised against the Irish.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:42 pm

Fortitude wrote:

You can’t have your pie and eat it. See what I did there? You can’t say some accidents are more accidental than others
    Blasphemy!!!!
    Yes you can, because sometimes its careless/reckless what ever (Rapana's high elbow on Mansour). Where as sometimes, accidents just occur when no one really is at fault, no rules were broken etc (Moylan contesting a ball).

The NRL has gone down the path of OI FK IT, JUST PENALISE EVERYTHING THAT LOOKS UGLY. They do this because it pleases mums.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:58 am

Pieman wrote:

Done and done.

I have said that from the night it happened - go back a few pages.

Since then my stance on the rule is that you should potentially cop an on field penalty for an accident that 'hinders' the attacking team but that there should be no off-field penalties (suspensions/charges) for these accidents.

This appears to be how they are generally ruling these to be honest e.g. with Rapana, which I wouldn't class as careless or reckless or anything other than an accident in the middle of a genuine Rugby League action - hence it was a penalty because the attacking team was hindered but nothing more than that.

It should be clarified though for the 'average fan' because Pieman, based on your comments and your known level of intelligence, I'm almost certain you don't understand.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:32 am

I am clearly on a higher level of thought than you ozzy, clearly and understand the game in ways you could only dream about. I also have a 12 inch wang and am built like The Rock.

How you can say that an incident with someone going for a chargedown, (genuine RL action... lol... it was well after he kicked it and high and an elbow) who leaves his elbow up and hanging out then collects a player in the other head isnt careless ..... is just beyond me. It didnt deserve anything more than a penalty, but fuck me... something like that is the very definition of careless.

It has been pointed out before, the biggest mistake I make here is being correct in a Bronco thread.

Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:31 pm

Pieman wrote:I am clearly on a higher level of thought than you ozzy, clearly and understand the game in ways you could only dream about. I also have a 12 inch wang and am built like The Rock.

How you can say that an incident with someone going for a chargedown, (genuine RL action... lol... it was well after he kicked it and high and an elbow) who leaves his elbow up and hanging out then collects a player in the other head isnt careless ..... is just beyond me. It didnt deserve anything more than a penalty, but fuck me... something like that is the very definition of careless.

It has been pointed out before, the biggest mistake I make here is being correct in a Bronco thread.

How is it in any way reckless/careless??

The only two feasible options that I can see are:

1. Purely accidental when attempting a chargedown (which is a genuine RL action you battler).
    2. Intentional and thus not careless/reckless.

Looking at it, my opinion is Option 1.....but either way it isn't careless/reckless.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:33 pm

Last edited by surmo13 on Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:45 pm

surmo13 wrote:Good lord, you keep saying you’re right, yet every single piece of evidence from similar rulings made by actual NRL referees in actual rugby league games before and after the ruling suggests that you aren’t, and while I’m able, as usual, to point out said pieces of evidence, your evidence, as usual, is ‘i’m right because I say I am’, I know you think having the last word means you’ve won so I’ll let you reply to this with some more delusions, but I’m done, the case is closed and the ruling is clear and consistent - dangerous contact is dangerous contact and will be penalised indiscriminately.

stick to making up hypothetical scenarios bud
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:11 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

How is it in any way reckless/careless??

The only two feasible options that I can see are:

1. Purely accidental when attempting a chargedown (which is a genuine RL action you battler).
    2. Intentional and thus not careless/reckless.

Looking at it, my opinion is Option 1.....but either way it isn't careless/reckless.

Its careless when attempting the chargedown!!!!!!! Hence collecting him late and high, if it wasnt careless it wouldnt have done the illegal thing i.e. collecting him late and high with an elbow!
    Far out.... Yep a chargedown is a footy play, but an elbow to the head isnt.

Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:34 pm

Pieman wrote:

Its careless when attempting the chargedown!!!!!!! Hence collecting him late and high, if it wasnt careless it wouldnt have done the illegal thing i.e. collecting him late and high with an elbow!
    Far out.... Yep a chargedown is a footy play, but an elbow to the head isnt.

Ridiculous.......not to mention highly hypocritical (based on your Moylan comments).

As I said, I don't think it was intentional - spur of the moment he tried to block the ball and in the process belted old mate in the head.

So if not intentional and charge down's are not illegal, then what do you want players to do?
    Go back in time for any accidental incidents that through bad luck, happen to hurt an opposition player?
    Would you have claimed his actions were careless if it missed him?

Honestly mate, you really are the most illogical person on this forum.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:36 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Ridiculous.......not to mention highly hypocritical (based on your Moylan comments).

As I said, I don't think it was intentional - spur of the moment he tried to block the ball and in the process belted old mate in the head.

So if not intentional and charge down's are not illegal, then what do you want players to do?
    Go back in time for any accidental incidents that through bad luck, happen to hurt an opposition player?
    Would you have claimed his actions were careless if it missed him?

Honestly mate, you really are the most illogical person on this forum.

Well no its not, because moylan didnt do anything illegal. Rapana did. The very definition of careless.

I didnt say it was intentional too, it was certainly careless because of the very fact that he hit him in the head, after attempting the charge down. Just like a tackle, a tackle isnt illegal but they go wrong and people get penalised, accidental/illegal and careless things happen. Its the same thing. It doesnt have to be intentional for it to be illegal lol. Accidents happen sometimes, yep, but when there is an illegal thing in the accident - thats when guys get penalised, i.e. Rapana. If its not intentional it can still be careless. fuck meeeee.

Of course its careless if it doesnt connect, but because there is no contact or intent there is nothing to penalise.

Its always illogical when someone comes in here and talks sense in the Bronco thread. This guy is correct, he must be illogical!!

Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:09 am

Is the  Circle Jerk still going?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:19 am

Big game tonight, I have no doubt that ladder position will mean nothing as it always does with these two. Cows will be up for it. I think the Broncos will be too. I'm feeling good about a win.

Exciting to see another debutant tonight.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:20 pm

Hopefully this another bronco v cows classic. These are always the best club games of the year, super excited for it. Hopefully the refs dont fuck this one up too like they have so many times this season.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:47 pm

Poor reffing eat again cost us. So they take a try off us to give us an advantage? Yeah right Fuck right off!
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:53 pm

Don't blame the refs, we got calls too. This team is dog shit and now finally people need to start realizing it.

Bennett can go
    Boyd can go
    Sims and Thaiday are already gone.

I'm over it. We have gone no where since the GF. Bennett decides to waste 750k on Bird who played like 6 games and did nothing in all 6. Our halves will not take us anywhere. Anyone see how Milford finished that game off just then? Garbage. Absolute fucking garbage. Pathetic. I said last year we will go no where with Nikorima at halfback and that's exactly what's happened.

We can beat Penrith by 30 points at home but then proceed to lose to shithouse teams like the Dogs and Cowboys. It's a disgrace. The mindset and mentality of the club this season is absolutely fucked.

We are just not good enough. Bennett needs to fuck off because it will be the same shit next year.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:56 pm

Every team gets calls every week every game not just us. Cowboys got the best one it cost us simple as that. If the ref let play continue from a fine play of the ball milf scores we win. No he says instead of 6 points boys I’ll help you out. Go back 10 metres and try again
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:58 pm

Milford put in one of the dumbest kicks of all time and then dropped it which led to the Cows win. I'm not blaming the refs tonight, I'm blaming the halves, who failed to get us over the line when it was 30-18 with under 20 minutes left.

Where was the leadership? There was none, besides Lodge who has been our best player recently (and this season) by far. I'm just fucking over these types of losses, it's all in their heads and I know I keep repeating myself but it's the truth.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 2:05 am