NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

Post by ryno_ Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:12 pm

surmo13 wrote:

So no proof that i've ever been okay with play not stopping for an unconcious player? cool thanks for clearing that up.

maybe i should go into the general area, start posting articles about kiddie-fiddlers asking for your opinion, and if you don't reply by the end of the day with your complete and utter disgust and dissaproval, then that proves you have no problem at all with adults who touch little kids...

Well... Pieman does protect and endorse men who assault women, like Fergo. Assaulting kids isn’t that far out of his lane.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:25 pm

We say it twice a year - but can Cowboys and Broncos play every week? Can’t remember they last time they played out a dud game.

NQ will be nigh on unbeatable when Morgan returns but both teams were really let down by their fullbacks. Not often that’s a weak point for QLD teams.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:50 pm

^thanks for that post ryon.
    Will be interesting how Morgo and JT work together.
    I was about to give up on this thread because of irreverent stuff.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:46 pm

Morgo + JT is a known quantity... more or less.

Ben Hampton has been ordinary two weeks in a row - without Coote its a real weakness. Carlin Anderson didn’t play great in the arvo either, so there isn’t an obvious plan C. KFFL played ok. I guess.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:57 pm

ryno_ wrote:Morgo + JT is a known quantity... more or less.

Ben Hampton has been ordinary two weeks in a row - without Coote its a real weakness. Carlin Anderson didn’t play great in the arvo either, so there isn’t an obvious plan C. KFFL played ok. I guess.

Moose and I are Carlin's number 1 fan boys. Would love to see him get a crack.

Have any of you plodders got the stats for the Broncos/Tigers match ups historically? We are your bunnies, if you don't put 40 on us it's a fail Very Happy
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:09 am

Carlin was ordinary on the weekend. Still needs to work on a few things especially his communication.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:15 am

ryno_ wrote:

Well... Pieman does protect and endorse men who assault women, like Fergo. Assaulting kids isn’t that far out of his lane.

Cool. Keep making things up to sound cool mate. Onya.

ryno_ wrote:Morgo + JT is a known quantity... more or less.

Surely they will look at putting morgan back there if he is back before Coote. He is an excellent fullback.
    In saying that, they still just about beat a full strength bronco's side at home on a friday night - whilst missing 2 of their most important players, so there is no real rush to change anything.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:04 am

SI wrote:

Moose and I are Carlin's number 1 fan boys.  Would love to see him get a crack.

Have any of you plodders got the stats for the Broncos/Tigers match ups historically?  We are your bunnies, if you don't put 40 on us it's a fail :D

I was really looking forward to Carlin v his old team yesterday. He didn't exactly rise to the occasion. He wasn't bad - just not a stand out.

Brisbane v WTs - 20-5-2.
    Brisbane v Balmain - 10-6-1.
    Brisbane v Wests - 15-2-1.

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/teams/brisbane-broncos/head2head.html
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:07 am

Whilst a good game, it was different in a lot of regards to previous cliffhangers. I'd suggest a bit less skill, a lot more broken play. Barnstorming finish aside, I wouldn't put that one in the top 5 of recent clashes.

Not having a go - it's round 2, and everyone's just finding their feet.....
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:11 am

SI wrote:

Moose and I are Carlin's number 1 fan boys.  Would love to see him get a crack.

Have any of you plodders got the stats for the Broncos/Tigers match ups historically?  We are your bunnies, if you don't put 40 on us it's a fail Very Happy

We usually play there ressies during origin and loose. Never forget the baby Broncos. We're specials this week, we'll put 50 on them. They played there game of the season last round.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:05 am

No Worries wrote:We're specials this week, we'll put 50 on them. They played there game of the season last round.

You could be talking about either team here....
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:20 pm

I think we deserved the win on Friday, but my lord we were lucky to get away with the win. Always tough to win when you lose a back early on, so it was good to overcome that, and maybe lucky Opacic was on the bench. Bird still to come back into the team, so we should get a bit stronger. TPJ is a beast.

Out of curiosity, what was everyone's take on the Oates no try? I personally thought there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the on field no try call in relation to his foot and the touchline, but was surprised when it was ruled he lost it over the tryline, though it's sometime hard to tell on the big screen at the ground.

The pass to Oates before the Glenn try, and TPJ's possible lost ball in our first try were lucky to go our way, though in terms of refereeing the flow of the game, the Cowboys got all the great calls.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:27 pm

Dip wrote:I think we deserved the win on Friday, but my lord we were lucky to get away with the win. Always tough to win when you lose a back early on, so it was good to overcome that, and maybe lucky Opacic was on the bench. Bird still to come back into the team, so we should get a bit stronger. TPJ is a beast.

Out of curiosity, what was everyone's take on the Oates no try? I personally thought there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the on field no try call in relation to his foot and the touchline, but was surprised when it was ruled he lost it over the tryline, though it's sometime hard to tell on the big screen at the ground.

The pass to Oates before the Glenn try, and TPJ's possible lost ball in our first try were lucky to go our way, though in terms of refereeing the flow of the game, the Cowboys got all the great calls.

Refereeing has been decent but yeah, there have been 2 or maybe 3 turned over to NO TRY already that didn't seem to have 100% evidence to overturn.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:10 pm

surmo13 wrote:

This year is starting to bring on a real 'us vs the world' vibe and no-one plays that part better than Bennett, get these boys playing with a chip on their shoulder all season and teams will be scared to play us.

Mate could you please elaborate on this?
    Besides the Lodge stuff and bennett saying this, why do you feel there is this mentality?
    Bennett only ever talks to the media when 1. he wants to push an agenda or 2. wants to say something bold to distract from something else. I dont for one second think that he genuinely believes that someone (the media??) is trying to divide them. It was a comment from no where really IMO.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:23 pm

Pieman wrote: I dont for one second think that he genuinely believes that someone (the media??) is trying to divide them. It was a comment from no where really IMO.
    And thus he is creating a chip on the shoulder for his team. We don't have to bye into it but it's not directed at us non pony people.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:29 am

code delta wrote:
    And thus he is creating a chip on the shoulder for his team. We don't have to bye into it but it's not directed at us non pony people.

Do you really think that the players are so dumb that they just believe it? Well some would be I guess.
    When I watched that presser footage it made me laugh, it was so blatantly obvious what he was trying to do.

Also, the Courier mail and every form of media in Brisbane do nothing but suck donky cock so unless they are going out of their way to read Rothfield, where is this mythical division coming from??
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:36 am

“Our policy was to nurture Queensland talent, bring our own juniors along, and if we were to recruit we would only buy the best — we wouldn’t take on other people’s problems.”
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:05 pm

Godinet not square??? That will do me.
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:18 pm

Look at all the crying baby tigers coming out of the woodwork.

Not the ideal way to win but everyone knows it doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning.

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:29 pm

Moose wrote:Look at all the crying baby tigers, cowboys, Titans, Knights, Sea Eagles, Rabbitohs, Eels, Panthers, Bulldogs, Warriors, Sharks, Dragons, Raiders, Storm, Roosters, neutrals coming out of the woodwork.

Not the ideal way to win but everyone knows it doesn't matter if you win by an inch or bullshit penalty decision that won't be repeated all year, winning is winning.

Fixed that for you

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:15 am