NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Official Wests Tigers 2021 Rise of the 9th thread

Krump
    Krump

Official Wests Tigers 2021 Rise of the 9th thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Official Wests Tigers 2021 Rise of the 9th thread

Post by Krump Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:22 pm

I'm happy for him to go before June 30 so long as we've got someone else incoming.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Official Wests Tigers 2021 Rise of the 9th thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Official Wests Tigers 2021 Rise of the 9th thread

Post by No Worries Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:26 pm

Woods

:troll:
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:37 pm

A lot of depth players been let go or sacked from the Tigers this year already, Suli, Milne, Drinkwater and now Grant. Was there someone else I missed? No incomers .......... yet!
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:56 am

The latest rumour is big nose back before June 30 to play out the season. I'd much prefer that to signing Lichaa on a multi year deal.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:05 am

The last deal he signed with the Tigers before Taylor punted him included a 2019 admin role, whether that is still valid, I don't know. But it would make a good transition. 6 months to repair bridges, keep his head down, mouth shut and go out with Benji as a Tiger, then transition to a promotions role.
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:13 am

Yes to Farah for the remaining 2018 season and no, thats a big "NO" to Lichaa

Farah and Mbye would be big helps for the remainder of our season
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:39 pm

bluetige wrote:Yes to Farah for the remaining 2018 season and no, thats a big "NO" to Lichaa

Farah and Mbye would be big helps for the remainder of our season

Yep, for sure. Was actually a Lichaa fan up till early this year. He noticeably stutters for a second or so before his delivery quite a lot.

On another note, was very impressed with Reynold's kick chases last week. MASSIVE enthusiasm.

Post by Guest Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:57 pm

Big yes to Robbie coming back. We'll definitely make a huge push for the finals if we can get him over the line. Crying out for a 80min 9 for ages. Like liddle but just can't cope physically at the moment.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:13 pm

SI wrote:

Yep, for sure.  Was actually a Lichaa fan up till early this year.  He noticeably stutters for a second or so before his delivery quite a lot.

On another note, was very impressed with Reynold's kick chases last week.  MASSIVE enthusiasm.  
    He's always had that enthusiasm. He cops some shit but I've always loved that about him.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:35 pm

Krump wrote:The latest rumour is big nose back before June 30 to play out the season. I'd much prefer that to signing Lichaa on a multi year deal.

Do we have to pay him twice ?
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:41 pm

No Worries wrote:

Do we have to pay him twice ?
    I thought Souths were paying full freight this year?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:57 pm

WT2K wrote:Big yes to Robbie coming back. We'll definitely make a huge push for the finals if we can get him over the line. Crying out for a 80min 9 for ages. Like liddle but just can't cope physically at the moment.

I hope I'm wrong, but Liddle looks like he is joining that long list of up and coming hookers with great potential that never actually go on with it. We have churned out our fair share of them.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:29 pm

Krump wrote:
    I thought Souths were paying full freight this year?

Yep. Taking the piss. But we seem to have handed the mantle of paying everyone in the league to the Bulldogs

Post by Guest Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Don't think the Kelly signing will happen now that Uate has gone to the UK. Farah news gathering momentum today
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:53 pm

wonder what would happen if mbye did his ACL has a member of the bulldogs tomorrow, seems odd to announce this before a game imo, i don't really get the idea of a farewell game either, its not like he has really done anything memorable for us, so i don't think the fans are gonna be there to cheer him like they did jrey last year. if the deal was done during the week, should have just let him go then and there.

all the best to him tho, have met him a couple of times at member functions and he does seem like genuinely good guy with a good head on his shoulders, i hope he can go onto realize the potential he clearly has.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:00 pm

So you saying he is going to play like a busted to not jepordise his future ?

Noooooooooooooooo That never happens
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:02 pm

No Worries wrote:So you saying he is going to play like a busted to not jepordise his future ?

Noooooooooooooooo That never happens

is that to me ? i don't think mbye would play any differently in the circumstances tbh, i just think if he has signed for this year before we play a game, i would think it suits everyone for him to just go now, i don't think him playing for Canterbury tomorrow helps anyone in anyway
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:16 pm

leaguegod wrote:

is that to me ? i don't think mbye would play any differently in the circumstances tbh, i just think if he has signed for this year before we play a game, i would think it suits everyone for him to just go now, i don't think him playing for Canterbury tomorrow helps anyone in anyway

Not so much directed at you. Totally agree. My tongue in cheek was what to expect, like naming origin sides before people play. But at a club level who are outside the 8 with little to no chance of making it, is it a bad coach who doesnt bring someone in ? Do you not have anyone else ? If so why release him ? It just doesn't make sense
    MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:00 am

Gamble to get the nod for his debut, been waiting for this kid to get a crack.

Sign Farah for the rest of the season, our reserve grade needs some extra strength

Let's hope Brooks kicking game is on this week,don't want to see nothing kicks turn in to 90mtr run away tries to the opposition.
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:12 pm

Well that was a shitfest yesterday, only Lawrence played well but Brooks and Twal tried hard. As for the other plodders their efforts were well below par.

Poor Gamble, he was well out of his depth yesterday and had no support from his more experienced peers. He had a shocker which is a shame because so many other debutantes have had good games over past couple of years. He is a big boy for a five-eighth and I can't help think his future will be in the backrow following a similar path as Ryan Matterson and to a lesser extent Bryce Cartwright and Curtis Sironen. Good luck young fellow, yesterday was not good but you were not alone, better luck next time.

Campbelltown Stadium, well no wonder we get poor crowds there when we continually play poorly there, 7 losses in a row at a home ground, we might as well play away or even forfeit, at least that way we won't get injuries.

What is it about playing Canberra, we used to have a good record against them during the Benji era but now all we do is spend time under the posts as they rack up over 40 points......again and again.

Why are we so good at highlighting how good returning players are for the opposition, yesterday Hodgson, and a few weeks ago Cleary and Tupou.

Hooking position. The best thing that came from the game is Canberra showing what is possible when they get a decent hooker. Hodgson was awesome, so much better then Havili for them or even Taylor, Godimet or McIllwrick for us. The polorising Farah should be a better option than what we have and Hodgson showed Ivan Cleary why. Chase him hard for this season. We can't keep waiting on Liddle and like SI said he could end up becoming a failure like so many other young Hookers the Tigers have had on their books in recent years (Cherrington, Luani, Politoni etc).

Mahe Fonua has got to realise that 50% of a game is defense. He has been pretty good for us in attack but the more games he plays the less tackling he does. He so enthusiastic in attack but likes a missed tackle. He wasn't awful yesterday but just typified the teams defensive effort.

We need another 2nd rower, while Lawrence has been awesome this year, the other side of the field has left us wanting. Rochow started the year on fire but has gone to shit and his replacement in Chee-cam has been so inconsistent. It got me thinking, if we can get Taylor away from the Hooking position we can try him on the edge for a while. When he has played lock he hasn't offered much with Eisenhuth a very good replacement. After all, he played mostly back row for the Warriors and when he first went to the Panthers so he's no virgin to that position.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:43 pm