NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 52 - Fantasy talk in here

Milchcow
    Milchcow

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 52 - Fantasy talk in here - Page 32 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 52 - Fantasy talk in here

Post by Milchcow Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:23 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Then minutes become the issue for Barnett

Barnett's average with Buhrer (46 from 6 games) is better than his average without (38 from 5 games)
    I wouldn't necessarily think he'd maintain that, but certainly there is nothing to make me say that Buhrer will harm Barnett's scoring.

Minutes pretty consistent too at around 56. Last game was the first time he's played 80 all season (which was probably due to Nathan Ross going down early more than anything else)
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 52 - Fantasy talk in here - Page 32 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 52 - Fantasy talk in here

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:37 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Barnett's average with Buhrer (46 from 6 games) is better than his average without (38 from 5 games)
    I wouldn't necessarily think he'd maintain that, but certainly there is nothing to make me say that Buhrer will harm Barnett's scoring.

Minutes pretty consistent too at around 56. Last game was the first time he's played 80 all season (which was probably due to Nathan Ross going down early more than anything else)
    So if im getting rid of JDB, which im definitely leaning towards.
    Who is the best pick up for the rest of the season? Ideally a Knights, Eagles, Panthers player?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:40 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Who is the best pick up for the rest of the season? Ideally a Knights, Eagles, Panthers player?
    Taupau or Merrin
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:45 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Cheers mate
    Nrl4Life
    Nrl4Life

Post by Nrl4Life Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:59 pm

This my end team will finish it next week.

Smith Hodgson
    Vaughan Graham Bromwich Hoare
    JDB Gallen LOLO Brown Chichton Stimson
    SJ Munster Feeney Fields
    Turbo Aubbs Fui Scott
    RTS Mansour Teddy Hayne Phythian
    Nrl4Life
    Nrl4Life

Post by Nrl4Life Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:07 pm

danseels1985 wrote:If you had to pick one of Mansour,Tedesco and Turbo who would you pick? Taking into consideration POD potential,higher ceiling etc. I'm leaning towards Mansour as Tedesco misses a couple of games but just wanted to see what people think

Going to get Mansour and Turbo next week because their BE are 49 and 56 they could lose some cash.
    I went with Teddy his BE is 40 his price may rise. Hope this help with your decision.
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:25 pm

Nrl4Life wrote:This my end team will finish it next week.

Smith Hodgson
    Vaughan Graham Bromwich Hoare
    JDB Gallen LOLO Brown Chichton Stimson
    SJ Munster Feeney Fields
    Turbo Aubbs Fui Scott
    RTS Mansour Teddy Hayne Phythian

not a bad looking team mate Smile
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:35 pm

Yates has peaked 3 rounds too early dammit. So tempting to trade him out now, but I need that R18 player

Last edited by StuDogg101 on Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : can't count)
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:41 pm

Thoughts on who I should loophole between C. Smith and S. Johnson.

Also my end of season team at this stage.

Trade this week is Hampton -> Smith.

HOK: C. Smith (C. McInnes)
    FRF: A. Fifita, J. Graham (N. Brown, F. Tualau)
    2RF: S. Burgess, P. Gallen, J. de Belin (E. Whitehead, A. Crichton, NPR)
    HLF: S. Johnson, A. Reynolds (NPR, NPR)
    CTR: S. Mata'Utia, J. Hayne, (T. Fuimaona, C. Scott)
    WFB: C. Munster, T. Lolohea, R. Tuivasa-Scheck (B. French, NPR)

I have 7 trades and $81k remaining. Not really sure whether I should try and upgrade Lolohea/RTS for Tedesco, or upgrade Hayne/Fuimaona for T. Trbojevic. I have French I can cash out later and Taulau to upgrade as well.

Fuimaona -> NPR
    French -> NPR

Would give me enough to make one of the following trades..

J. Hayne -> T. Trbojevic
    F. Taulau -> J. Bromwich
    T. Lolohea -> J. Tedesco

Then it would leave me with 4 trades for the rest of the season and some cash spare.
    (These trades would occur Round 18-19)

Who would you make a priority?
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:54 pm

Random wrote:Thoughts on who I should loophole between C. Smith and S. Johnson.

I have 7 trades and $81k remaining. Not really sure whether I should try and upgrade Lolohea/RTS for Tedesco, or upgrade Hayne/Fuimaona for T. Trbojevic. I have French I can cash out later and Taulau to upgrade as well.

Fuimaona -> NPR
    French -> NPR

J. Hayne -> T. Trbojevic
    F. Taulau -> J. Bromwich
    T. Lolohea -> J. Tedesco

Then it would leave me with 4 trades for the rest of the season and some cash spare.

I would personally go for TTrbo over the other two, because I think your WFBs are currently stronger now than your CTRs. If you then want to get Teddy after that you can do so. Teddy might go up in value, but so will Lolohea in all likelihood. Bromwich feels like a personal preference trade? Would you rather have him than upgrade Whitehead?
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:57 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Milchcow wrote:

As mentioned, Merrin and Taupau are your best options.

Lets say J. de Belin and T. Merrin both average 60 the rest of the year while M. Taupau averages 65 points. (This is roughly based on their last 5 game averages.)

J. de Belin scores 540 points.
    T. Merrin scores 660 points.
    M. Taupau scores 715 points.

So best case scenario you make an extra 175 points at the cost of $46k and a trade. I mean that is a decent amount of points, and worth a look if you have banked trades and cash. But definitely something I don't think I will undertake.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:00 am

StuDogg101 wrote:
    I would personally go for TTrbo over the other two, because I think your WFBs are currently stronger now than your CTRs. If you then want to get Teddy after that you can do so. Teddy might go up in value, but so will Lolohea in all likelihood. Bromwich feels like a personal preference trade? Would you rather have him than upgrade Whitehead?

Upgrading Whitehead would actually be a better option. Sadly I doubt I will have enough cash after the two downgrades to upgrade Whitehead and make one of the other pick ups of Trbojevic or Tedesco with my cash flow at the moment.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:05 am

Random wrote:Thoughts on who I should loophole between C. Smith and S. Johnson.

Fuimaona -> NPR
    French -> NPR

J. Hayne -> T. Trbojevic
    F. Taulau -> J. Bromwich
    T. Lolohea -> J. Tedesco

Bromwich still not a keeper yet mate, bloke played 76 minutes for that 61. I've had him for a month and will be hoping for 40's going forward.
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:19 am

SI wrote:

Bromwich still not a keeper yet mate, bloke played 76 minutes for that 61. I've had him for a month and will be hoping for 40's going forward.

His minutes were definitely inflated on the weekend but he did play very well. He looked back in form and since I traded him in last week I was very happy with his score/performance. Obviously he won't get 76 minutes every week but it was good to see him back in some good form
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:21 am

SI wrote:

Not a bad return and even back in his usual 55-60 minute role his points would of been around the 50 mark, few extra missed tackles on TLolo. If he continues that form he will be back to where he was last year....I'm hoping
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:25 am

MilfordTheMagician wrote:
    SI wrote:

His minutes were definitely inflated on the weekend but he did play very well. He looked back in form and since I traded him in last week I was very happy with his score/performance. Obviously he won't get 76 minutes every week but it was good to see him back in some good form

Yeah, he's definitely trying and has found his offload again. I just don't see him going more than 40/45 under normal conditions.

Last week was Golden Point and Finucane was probably the one set to play close to 80 before his HIA.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:26 am

with JDB sitting out does Friz come straight in or does Sele get a start?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:30 am

Welshy wrote:with JDB sitting out does Friz come straight in or does Sele get a start?

Personal opinion Frizell comes in. JDB a massive blow and Mary due to for another DUI if they lose to the Noughts.
    Ozymandias
    Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:53 am

Chucky wrote:
    I started the year with Barnett.
    His scores were less than great.
    Too many missed tackles and errors.
    He rushes up out of the line to make the tackle and often misses.
    He is definitely capable of big scores, but very inconsistent.

.... I thought this was a poem when I started reading it Smile
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:07 am

Welshy wrote:
    Not a bad return and even back in his usual 55-60 minute role his points would of been around the 50 mark, few extra missed tackles on TLolo. If he continues that form he will be back to where he was last year....I'm hoping

I hope you are right (cause I have him), but if you use his season average minutes (excluding his first and last games) of 52.5 and multiply that by his PPM from his most recent game (0.8 ) that works out at only 42 points.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 7:58 am