NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 46

Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 46 - Page 48 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 46

Post by Johnny B Goode Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:13 pm

Fortitude wrote:Hampton worth holding on to until end of byes? or just boot him now? I figure Stone is in same boat.

You've held him this long, might as well make use out of him in 15 otherwise boot him before he loses all the cash he's made.
    no_worryers
    no_worryers

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 46 - Page 48 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 46

Post by no_worryers Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:13 pm

any ideas moving forward?
    15 trades 140k

Farah, Smith jr
    Vaughn, Graeme, Fifita, nuffty
    Surgess, Taumalolo, Crichton, Gallen, Manners, Brown
    Sj, Pearce, Frawley, nuffty
    Cotric, Fuimoano, Kelly, Idris
    Tedesco, RTS, Slater, Semi, Hayne

Any advice appreciated.
    chitmunkey
    chitmunkey

Post by chitmunkey Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:16 pm

I've seen a few people trading fifita in, makes me think I'm doing something wrong as im trading him out next week with the plan of getting him back round 19.

Planning on running with this team from round 20.

Smith
    Fifita Vaughan graham
    Gallen Taumalolo Surgess Merrin Chrichton DeBelin
    Johnson Cleary
    Turbo Leiulua
    Munster Slater Tedesco Elliot (18th man)

Will only have 3 trades for the run home

What final 17 are others aiming for, want to see if i stand a chance? Very Happy

Last edited by chitmunkey on Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:22 pm

no_worryers wrote:any ideas moving forward?
    15 trades 140k

Farah, Smith jr

Any advice appreciated.

You need another solid Centre I think, and Farah is an interesting choice. Could get Edwards and move Hayne up for Idris. He could go alright again back at FB. OR spend 50K odd and take a punt on BJ. Should go back to becoming a keeper. You'll need money to get rid of Farah later on too.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:24 pm

Johnny B Goode wrote:Put my team up for perusal, why not.

Frawley to Laybutt because I'm backing him to get a spot next week.  
    Whitehead to Lolo so I don't deal with another big price rise
    11 trades left. 60k in the bank

Smith, McInnes
    Wallace, Graham, Leota, Sele
    Gallen, Mannering, ET, Crichton, Surgess, Lolo  
    SJ, ARey, Nu Brown, Laybutt
    Cotric, Sione, Manu, Fuimaono
    Guth, RTS, Slater, Edwards, Burns  

If ARey is out which he undoubtedly will be, I guess I'll have to shift Guth to the HLF's and bring in a nuffie DPP which ain't ideal but oh well I picked Mr Glass so that's what I get.

Would they not just use 2 of Hampton, Asiata and Thompson?
    pm888
    pm888

Post by pm888 Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:25 pm

15 trades 140k

Farah, Smith jr

Any advice appreciated.

question marks over frawley and fui's roles this week as jrey and goodwin may return pushing them back to the reserves.

i guess you could risk running with hayne in the ctrs by cashing out idris for a ctr/wfb nuff.

but a lot of us will have one shitty centre we are trying to fix. but its so hard to deal with it beacuse there arent too many good options with byes.

personally waiting on rond 16 and then moving moga to turbo if he is back. otherwise im not sure what the plan is
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:26 pm

Aaron Woods must be happy he has left the Tigers for the stability of the Bulldogs

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/canterbury-bulldogs-players-call-crisis-meeting-to-arrest-nrl-slump-20170605-gwkv9n.html
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:29 pm

chitmunkey wrote:I've seen a few people trading fifita in, makes me think I'm doing something wrong as im trading him out next week with the plan of getting him back round 19.

Surgess was one of the most traded out players last week.

Sometime the masses don't have a very long term strategy.

Its a crazy time to trade Fifita in, as he misses 3 of the next 6, and of the 3 he does play, 2 will be backing up from origin
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:32 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:

That's a nice looking team! I'm contemplating bringing in Smith for Frawley in a few weeks but I'm kinda happy with my side.

I reckon Radradra is the way to go looks like he's hit a bit of form back. In saying that I said SJ was a great captaincey choice last week Embarassed

Thanks mate, that's all good, I was gonna go SJ anyway.
    I have bought in Taumalolo this week for Whitehead and Lolohea for Stone. Do you think I should bring in a NPR instead of Lolohea instead? That way I can easily bring in Fifita next week but Lolohea gives me an extra person. Otherwise I will need to do 3 trades to bring Fifita in.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:36 pm

Onthebeatpete wrote:

Thanks mate, that's all good, I was gonna go SJ anyway.
    I have bought in Taumalolo this week for Whitehead and Lolohea for Stone. Do you think I should bring in a NPR instead of Lolohea instead? That way I can easily bring in Fifita next week but Lolohea gives me an extra person. Otherwise I will need to do 3 trades to bring Fifita in.

How many trades do you have left?
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:46 pm

15 trades 140k

Farah, Smith jr

Any advice appreciated.

If nothing else I'd look at cashing out Idris. You'll need that money at some point. I think if you use Haynes DPP you can probably live with the C's you have until Turbo comes back at which time I would grab him. C options really aren't great right now, particularly when you keep the bye schedule in mind.

I guess you are kinda stuck with your hooker situation until after 19 when I presume you'll go Farah to Smith?

I personally think Rapana is still a good buy right now. If nothing else is urgent then perhaps RTS to Rapana could be ok ok option, but I guess that depends how you see those two moving forward. My thoughts are that RTS won't be a top 3 WFB but Rapana will be and I don't think that trade gets any cheaper. Then get confirmation on Slater and look to lose him next week.

I think you'll probably need to do something with Frawley next week too. The obvious option is Munster as he has great Byes from here and you can switch him to WFB later if you want. Probably fund that with Slater assuming he gets the Origin call up.

no_worryers
    no_worryers

Post by no_worryers Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:49 pm

@pm888 @wolfking

cheers boys exactly what i was thinking idris to 138k nuffty. as for a plan
    biggest problems generating cash and having crap bye coverage frawley to lolohea this week i reckons a goer. flick slater for edwards rts for nofo? next week fuck knows. these byes are a headache.
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:50 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:

How many trades do you have left?

Same as you lol. I think Lolohea is good, round 15 I can switch him up to the halves with walker to partner sj and he can cover my other fullbacks or halves with byes and injuries.
    Maybe I'll get Vaughan instead of Fifita Laughing
    no_worryers
    no_worryers

Post by no_worryers Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:06 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

If nothing else I'd look at cashing out Idris. You'll need that money at some point. I think if you use Haynes DPP you can probably live with the C's you have until Turbo comes back at which time I would grab him. C options really aren't great right now, particularly when you keep the bye schedule in mind.

I guess you are kinda stuck with your hooker situation until after 19 when I presume you'll go Farah to Smith?

I personally think Rapana is still a good buy right now. If nothing else is urgent then perhaps RTS to Rapana could be ok ok option, but I guess that depends how you see those two moving forward. My thoughts are that RTS won't be a top 3 WFB but Rapana will be and I don't think that trade gets any cheaper. Then get confirmation on Slater and look to lose him next week.

I think you'll probably need to do something with Frawley next week too. The obvious option is Munster as he has great Byes from here and you can switch him to WFB later if you want. Probably fund that with Slater assuming he gets the Origin call up.

bang on mate, i need funds for farah to smith it wont be too hard upgrading cotric to t-turbo round 16 along with hayne as my other keeper ctr.
    i think i'l need a back three of teddy rapana and mansour/slater. im not sure whats the better play, buy rapana cheap (next week) and sacrifice bye round points or or grab lolhea potential cash cow and ........ nah fuck that. reverse trades
    Feline
    Feline

Post by Feline Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:09 pm

Just putting it out there.

The tigers seem to have a lot of long-term injuries and this Kyle Lovett guy playing 80 and scoring well. Is he worth a look
    itsJay
    itsJay

Post by itsJay Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:16 pm

I sort of been sticking my head in the sand lately and not knowing where to start to fix up my team. Feels like I have too many mid rangers that I need to start converting to solid guns

Currently have
    McInnes, Pritchard
    Vaughan, JWallace, JGraham
    GTrain, Burgess, Chrichton, JDB, Whitehead, AElliot
    SJ, Munster, Niko, Frawley,
    Leilua, Moga, Suli, Fui
    CWalker, Slater, RTS, Hayne, FUAbbey

I'm getting a bit worried having only 14 trades remaining and $60k in bank. I eventually need to go Pritchard to CS9 and JWallace to Fifita which means at least 4 trades needed to do cash outs and then the upgrade.

My first thought is to cash out Niko and upgrade Whitehead to Lolo. The other option is to upgrade RTS to Teddy/Rapana but not sure if that is wise yet.
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:18 pm

Is Leilua worth a shot even though he still has two byes to go? His price is juicy if he can bounce back and find some form.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:19 pm

no_worryers wrote:

bang on mate, i need funds for farah to smith it wont be too hard upgrading cotric to t-turbo round 16 along with hayne as my other keeper ctr.
    i think i'l need a back three of teddy rapana and mansour/slater. im not sure whats the better play, buy rapana cheap (next week) and sacrifice bye round points or or grab lolhea potential cash cow and ........ nah fuck that. reverse trades

You've got a few more trades left than me so our situations may be a little different. However, for me its about getting guys in now that are keepers for the rest of the year. For that reason Lolohea just isn't an option. I see Rapana as a must have (perhaps my judgement is clouded by his last two games...) but when you look at the back 3 options there isn't a heap to chose from when looking at keepers. Teddy, Rapana + 1 is it IMO. On top of that you have to work out how much money you have moving forward and who you can afford. When I put the pieces together Rapana is the buy for me this week.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:21 pm

Feline wrote:Just putting it out there.

The tigers seem to have a lot of long-term injuries and this Kyle Lovett guy playing 80 and scoring well. Is he worth a look

He'll score alright whilst he's in the team. But has poor job security so could get dropped at any point. I'd only use him if you have the trades to replace him if you need to later on.

At $329k I don't think he represents amazing value
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:25 pm

Congratulations to the 15 clubs who aren't the Warriors for managing to not sign Blake Ayshford for next year. Rolling Eyes

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:52 am